PDA

View Full Version : So who are your favorites and Why?

zelmo1234
06-19-2015, 12:22 PM
So we have a lot of back and forth about the candidates

So here are my choices and why I think that they would be good.

Top tier, in order

Walker, Carly, Perry

Walker and Carly I believe would be the only 2 that would actually cut that size of government and reform the tax code to make it competitive. Perry, I like for immigration and foreign policy, but don't think he cam beat Hillary.

Next Rubio, Paul, Cruz, Carson.

All have big weaknesses in my opinion but I could still pull the trigger.

Dream Ticket Walker/Rubio Carly/Cruz

I would not vote for any other republican nominee for President

On the Democratic Side.

Webb would be my choice as he is the most conservative of the lot.

But if one of my top tier candidates above would get the nomination. I would love to see Sanders as I feel he is the easiest to beat, followed by Hillary, who I think by the election will have some serious issues coming to the surface, making her unelectable.

PolWatch
06-19-2015, 12:27 PM
I haven't seen any that inspire but so far Rand Paul & Jim Webb seem to the best of the lot.....which is a pretty good indication they won't get the nominations

Common
06-19-2015, 12:30 PM
Jim Webb isnt even running at this point

I like Jeb and Hillary, I wouldnt even consider zelmos choices but he votes as a boss and I vote for workers. Scott Walker "to me" is the biggest scumbag in national politics right now and christie a close second.

Ethereal
06-19-2015, 12:31 PM
None of the above. Send the bums home.

Captain Obvious
06-19-2015, 12:33 PM

I'm with handsome

gamewell45
06-19-2015, 12:34 PM
Scott Walker "to me" is the biggest scumbag in national politics right now and christie a close second.

i concur; Walker is a heartless bag and Christie is an overstuffed bully. neither are worthy of leading this country.

Redrose
06-19-2015, 12:44 PM
I like Rubio and Perry, on almost every point. Fiorina is a very strong debater and would be great financially. Something about her style reminds me of a very early Margaret Thatcher. Walker concerns me with his union position, but otherwise he would be a very good strong president. Cruz and Carson each could be great presidents but I fear don't have enough of a following.

I agree with Trumps platform completely, but I think he's in it to deflect attacks from the others, nothing more. He's a calculating businessman, he's not about to take the time needed to be president away from his billion dollar empire.

I'm not in favor of Bush, Christie, Huckabee, Paul, Graham for a variety of reasons.

The GOP has candidates that are male, female, gay, straight, single, married, rich, not rich, religious, not religious, fat, thin, Hispanic, Black, White. We are far more diversified than the competition.

Common Sense
06-19-2015, 12:51 PM
To be completely honest...they all sort of suck.

Chris
06-19-2015, 12:51 PM

I'm with handsome

I'm with ugly.

PolWatch
06-19-2015, 12:57 PM

I like Jeb and Hillary, I wouldnt even consider zelmos choices but he votes as a boss and I vote for workers. Scott Walker "to me" is the biggest scumbag in national politics right now and christie a close second.

I really don't see a lot of difference between most of them. Some of them make more noise than others. Some are sillier.

When I say I'm not inspired: I don't see anyone that I would bother going to the polls for. I'm tired of voting the least of 2 evils.

zelmo1234
06-19-2015, 12:59 PM

So you vote for the people that make policies so you can't find a job and have to settle for less money ? :) could not help myself.

GrassrootsConservative
06-19-2015, 01:07 PM
Said it before and I'll say it again. Ron Paul is the ONLY politician I can put 100% of my support behind.

Common
06-19-2015, 01:09 PM

That is the best choice but unfortunately we have to get stuck with one in the end

Captain Obvious
06-19-2015, 01:10 PM
That is the best choice but unfortunately we have to get stuck with one in the end

Freudian slip?

Private Pickle
06-19-2015, 01:39 PM
No favorites until after the nomination is over. If I had my way it would be Paul but he doesn't have a chance at the nomination...

Peter1469
06-19-2015, 02:12 PM
I like Walker. I wish Paul would get some executive experience.

Ransom
06-19-2015, 02:30 PM
Gotta love this Carson, I like him more everytime he speaks.

Waiting for John Kasich to announce as well, I think he has a great vision and great experience.

Rubio, Walker, Carson, Kasich. I like Graham as well

donttread
06-19-2015, 02:49 PM
I haven't seen any that inspire but so far Rand Paul & Jim Webb seem to the best of the lot.....which is a pretty good indication they won't get the nominations

Rand Paul because he is the only one in the race who accepts the Constitution and BOR's as the package deal they were intended to be

The Sage of Main Street
06-19-2015, 02:53 PM
The GOP has candidates that are male, female, gay, straight, single, married, rich, not rich, religious, not religious, fat, thin, Hispanic, Black, White. We are far more diversified than the competition. A diverse Oop troupe of clowns bouncing up and down on a Trumpoline under the Big Top at the Ringleader Brothers' Barnum & Bailout Circus.

The Sage of Main Street
06-19-2015, 02:56 PM

Freudian slip? What America needs is a good butt plug.

Brett Nortje
06-19-2015, 03:03 PM
So we have a lot of back and forth about the candidates

So here are my choices and why I think that they would be good.

Top tier, in order

Walker, Carly, Perry

Walker and Carly I believe would be the only 2 that would actually cut that size of government and reform the tax code to make it competitive. Perry, I like for immigration and foreign policy, but don't think he cam beat Hillary.

Next Rubio, Paul, Cruz, Carson.

All have big weaknesses in my opinion but I could still pull the trigger.

Dream Ticket Walker/Rubio Carly/Cruz

I would not vote for any other republican nominee for President

On the Democratic Side.

Webb would be my choice as he is the most conservative of the lot.

But if one of my top tier candidates above would get the nomination. I would love to see Sanders as I feel he is the easiest to beat, followed by Hillary, who I think by the election will have some serious issues coming to the surface, making her unelectable.

You do realize it doesn't matter who is at the top, the party makes the motions, and, the president needs their support.

zelmo1234
06-19-2015, 03:16 PM
You do realize it doesn't matter who is at the top, the party makes the motions, and, the president needs their support.

Yes, but we have had a real lack of leadership since the last 2 years of the Clinton Administration. Those 2 years were not Clintons fault he was to busy defending little Willie!

Bush did a decent jobs his first 3 years in the aftermath of 911 but then faded and Obama just does not know how. He refuses to listen to anything that the republicans have to say.

So while it takes congress to turn the wheels, the President should be driving the bus

Brett Nortje
06-19-2015, 03:18 PM
Yes, but we have had a real lack of leadership since the last 2 years of the Clinton Administration. Those 2 years were not Clintons fault he was to busy defending little Willie!

Bush did a decent jobs his first 3 years in the aftermath of 911 but then faded and Obama just does not know how. He refuses to listen to anything that the republicans have to say.

So while it takes congress to turn the wheels, the President should be driving the bus

I think you will find that it is the people behind the scenes doing the driving.

zelmo1234
06-19-2015, 03:22 PM
I think you will find that it is the people behind the scenes doing the driving.

For the past 20 years I would agree. Not so much with Clintons first 6 and the Reagan years