PDA

View Full Version : Tex. Supreme Court: atty. general lacks standing in same-sex divorce

TrueBlue
06-20-2015, 12:31 AM
Tex. Supreme Court: atty. general lacks standing in same-sex divorce

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/state/2015/06/19/texas-supreme-court-upholds-gay-divorce-from-travis-county/28979931/

"AUSTIN -- The Texas Supreme Court ruled Friday that the attorney general's office lacked standing to intervene in the divorce of two women in Travis County."

"The Texas Supreme Court ended the decision with a passage about not ruling on the constitutionality of same-sex marriage in the state, but also said it can only do so when a case addressing that question is brought forward.

"We would appreciate the opportunity to address the merits of this issue of critical importance at this critical juncture in our nation's history," the court wrote. "Yet we must respect the bounds of our jurisdiction by addressing only the questions immediately before the court."

=============================================

Great NEWS from TEXAS! The All-Conservative Republican Texas State Supreme Court in the red state of Texas has just ruled that Gay and Lesbian couples who wish to divorce in Texas have that right! Yes! They handed former Republican Attorney General and now Governor Greg Abbott a resounding defeat. And the currently-sitting TX. Atty. Gen. Ken Paxton was also crestfallen with the state's high court ruling. But I believe they can all see the handwriting on the wall that continuing to deny Gays and Lesbians the right to divorce even if they were married in another state is a losing battle.

As it concerns Gay Marriage, that too appears to have the All-Republican Texas Supreme Court quite upbeat at the possibility of ruling in favor of it if the case would be presented to them, unfortunately it hasn't been. But the last paragraph from KVUE says it all. Thanks to KVUE for this report.

Boris The Animal
06-20-2015, 12:40 AM
Lemme ask you flat out. Do you favor one party rule in the US, so long as the entire government is run by ultra Leftist Democrats? Where would Conservatives fit in your twisted version of America?

TrueBlue
06-20-2015, 12:44 AM
Lemme ask you flat out. Do you favor one party rule in the US, so long as the entire government is run by ultra Leftist Democrats? Where would Conservatives fit in your twisted version of America?
Hey Bor, if they keep this up with more of these same rulings in the red states they'll start looking better and better all the time! ;)

Boris The Animal
06-20-2015, 12:47 AM
Hey Bor, if they keep this up with more of these same rulings in the red states they'll start looking better and better all the time! ;)Just answer the fucking question, Communist! Are you in favor of permanent perpetual one party Leftist rule in the US?

Private Pickle
06-20-2015, 12:50 AM
Just answer the fucking question, Communist! Are you in favor of permanent perpetual one party Leftist rule in the US?

Let me answer that for him:

Well yeah! Duh!

Just like you do...duh!

Boris The Animal
06-20-2015, 12:53 AM

Well yeah! Duh!

Just like you do...duh!Uhh no, I favor a more Conservative US, but not necessarily one party rule like TB does.

Private Pickle
06-20-2015, 12:55 AM
Uhh no, I favor a more Conservative US, but not necessarily one party rule like TB does.

Hmmm..so you're voting 3rd party this year?

TrueBlue
06-20-2015, 12:55 AM

Well yeah! Duh!

Just like you do...duh!
Foregone conclusion isn't it! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/big_madhouse/sarcastic.gif

Yet I'm also a realist and know that the two-party rule will always be in effect in the U.S. and it does help to bring balance to some things.

Boris The Animal
06-20-2015, 12:56 AM
Hmmm..so you're voting 3rd party this year?
Registered Right to Life and vote Conservative. 3rd party always loses.

Boris The Animal
06-20-2015, 12:56 AM
Foregone conclusion isn't it! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/big_madhouse/sarcastic.gif
Thanks for that stark admission. Now move to North Korea where your Leftism is welcome there.

Private Pickle
06-20-2015, 01:02 AM

Yet I'm also a realist and know that the two-party rule will always be in effect in the U.S. and it does help to bring balance to some things.

Dont go patting yourself on the back Sally. You're not a realist. If you were you wouldn't be hyping on the Republicans all the time and lumping them in with the like of Limbaugh. You would take an issue by issue stance, back it up and come to a resolute conclusion. You don't even know the issues let alone take a stand that backs anything other that your one-issue ideograms.

Private Pickle
06-20-2015, 01:02 AM
Thanks for that stark admission. Now move to North Korea where your Leftism is welcome there.

"Leftism" isn't a word.

Private Pickle
06-20-2015, 01:03 AM
Registered Right to Life and vote Conservative. 3rd party always loses.

Shocker!

TrueBlue
06-20-2015, 01:04 AM
Like I said, the country always needs checks and balances since there's not just a one-party system that rules forever.

Boris The Animal
06-20-2015, 01:06 AM
Like I said, the country always needs checks and balances since there's not just a one-party system that rules forever.But it is exactly what you want for the US. Why the hell else would you do nothing but berate and disparage Conservatives, especially SOCIAL Conservatives left and right. You did the same thing over at the Asylum.

TrueBlue
06-20-2015, 01:10 AM
Dont go patting yourself on the back Sally. You're not a realist. If you were you wouldn't be hyping on the Republicans all the time and lumping them in with the like of Limbaugh. You would take an issue by issue stance, back it up and come to a resolute conclusion. You don't even know the issues let alone take a stand that backs anything other that your one-issue ideograms.
Their issues speak for themselves (badly I must say). Being against the poor, the middle class, women, minorities, wanting to cut Social Security for the elderly in this country, not passing the Dream Act, etc. is not at all being crown-worthy for Republicans so of course there's plenty of crud to bring up about them that will hold firm as the facts speak well for themselves.

TrueBlue
06-20-2015, 01:13 AM
But it is exactly what you want for the US. Why the hell else would you do nothing but berate and disparage Conservatives, especially SOCIAL Conservatives left and right. You did the same thing over at the Asylum.
The Asylum? Boris, that's your home now and it's time to crawl back into your cage and into your tight-fitting jacket.

Private Pickle
06-20-2015, 01:13 AM
Their issues speak for themselves (badly I must say). Being against the poor, the middle class, women, minorities, wanting to cut Social Security for the elderly in this country, not passing the Dream Act, etc. is not at all being crown-worthy for Republicans so of course there's plenty of crud to bring up about them that will hold firm as the facts speak well for themselves.

Thats the mantra of the left. Exploit the poor, the elderly, the in firmed and the minorities to implement "change". Yeah that has shown to not work out so well. Sorry if I don't buy the bullshit.

TrueBlue
06-20-2015, 01:16 AM
Thats the mantra of the left. Exploit the poor, the elderly, the in firmed and the minorities to implement "change". Yeah that has shown to not work out so well. Sorry if I don't buy the bull$#@!.
Yeah? And what's your side doing for all of those aforementioned groups to help them?

BTW, this is getting off-topic now. The subject is the Texas Supreme Court ruling in favor of Gay and Lesbian divorce. We need to get back to that.

Private Pickle
06-20-2015, 01:21 AM
Yeah? And what's your side doing for all of those aforementioned groups to help them?

BTW, this is getting off-topic now. The subject is the Texas Supreme Court ruling in favor of Gay and Lesbian divorce. We need to get back to that.

My side.. Nothing cause I'm the only one in my side.

LeTs get get back to the bunghole! My favorite topic!

PolWatch
06-20-2015, 01:24 AM
Moved to Gender, Sexuality & Race Room

Captain Obvious
06-20-2015, 05:36 AM
Boris... what a tool

hanger4
06-20-2015, 06:01 AM

You really have a reading comprehension problem TrueBlue. What part of this statement, which you even refered to don't you understand ??

"We would appreciate the opportunity to address the merits of this issue of critical importance at this critical juncture in our nation's history,"

zelmo1234
06-20-2015, 06:45 AM

Why would they not it ends the marriage that they don't want?

And they were not for it, they did not here it? Why are you twisting things?