PDA

View Full Version : Partisan Issues vs. Non-Partisan Issues

Green Arrow
06-21-2015, 04:05 PM
In American politics, we tend to try and make every single issue known to man divide neatly along our partisan lines. The simple fact remains, however, that not all issues can be accurately divided along partisan lines.

For example, social issues are not divided neatly on partisan lines, much as we as Americans try to make them otherwise. There are Democrats who are pro-life and Republicans who are pro-choice. There are Democrats who don't like gay people and don't support gay marriage, and there are gay Republicans. There are racist Democrats who don't buy into the anti-police brutality trend, and there are Republicans who are diametrically opposed to police brutality and the militarization of police.

Of course, if we're all being honest, no issue can be divided perfectly along partisan lines, because humans are still, for the most part, generally free-thinking individuals. But there are still those issues that are blatantly non-partisan, like social issues.

Peter1469
06-21-2015, 04:10 PM
I think most of the issues that divide Americans are non-issues. Things that will never be solved, hence useful as wedges.

Americans tend to be sheep and focus on dumb stuff. Meanwhile both parties strengthen the power of the federal government. While the democrats claim that their side protects unions and the republicans hope for an abortion ban.

The Establishment is using them like tools, and they just vote (D) or (R) in every election. Sheep.

donttread
06-21-2015, 08:35 PM
I think most of the issues that divide Americans are non-issues. Things that will never be solved, hence useful as wedges.

Americans tend to be sheep and focus on dumb stuff. Meanwhile both parties strengthen the power of the federal government. While the democrats claim that their side protects unions and the republicans hope for an abortion ban.

The Establishment is using them like tools, and they just vote (D) or (R) in every election. Sheep.

Distractions from how they are stealing and spending your money

donttread
06-21-2015, 08:41 PM
Even the Constitution itself is not safe from partisanism, or the theather of partisanism we are exposed to. As evidence I submit that USSC votes are basically just extensions of the appointing party in most cases