PDA

View Full Version : Chaffetz strips Meadows of committee seat for voting against leadership

Green Arrow
06-21-2015, 08:21 PM
Jason Chaffetz strips Meadows of subcommittee chairmanship (http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/chaffetz-strips-meadows-of-subcommittee-chairmanship-119252.html?hp=c1_3)

The House Republican crackdown has reached a new level of severity.

House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Jason Chaffetz has stripped North Carolina Rep. Mark Meadows of his subcommittee chairmanship, just days after he defied leadership on the House floor by voting against a party-line procedural motion.

“Sometimes the coach needs to make a change on the field,” Chaffetz (R-Utah) told POLITICO Saturday. “He’s still a valuable contributor, and I really like Mark Meadows, he’s a good person. But I need to make a change.”

Losing a subcommittee chairmanship midway through a congressional session is among the most serious punishments thus far in Speaker John Boehner’s (R-Ohio) majority. Boehner and his leadership team have grown frustrated with Republicans who vote against the procedural “rule” motion. Those votes — which allow the Republican leadership to bring a bill up for debate and a vote — typically fall along party lines. But a group of conservatives has voted against the measures, mostly in protest of Boehner’s leadership. Republican leadership sees the move as unacceptable —akin to ceding power to Democrats.

Political corruption at its finest. During John Adams' presidential reign of terror, Anti-Federalists in Congress were afraid to speak out even against Adams' Federalist party for fear of retaliation. Now, it's done openly.

Common
06-21-2015, 08:32 PM
The gop leadership are screwing anyone that votes against them on this trade bill. Thats how bad corporate america wants it. Thank You OBAMA

donttread
06-21-2015, 09:45 PM
Jason Chaffetz strips Meadows of subcommittee chairmanship (http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/chaffetz-strips-meadows-of-subcommittee-chairmanship-119252.html?hp=c1_3)

Political corruption at its finest. During John Adams' presidential reign of terror, Anti-Federalists in Congress were afraid to speak out even against Adams' Federalist party for fear of retaliation. Now, it's done openly.

Once again your government commits acts that would probably violate fair labor standards they hold others too. How much respect can you have for a government that does not follow it's own rules . for example they write one anti discrimination bill after another but keep women out of combat and only one sex has to even register for selective service

As for Bohner, there is no bigger corporate whore in congress

Mac-7
06-22-2015, 06:55 AM
I wonder how many of the libs crying in their milk here will take the time to call Chavetz's office and complain?

zelmo1234
06-22-2015, 07:23 AM
This is why we really need the people to wake up and form a new party.

Now is the time. Look at what the Democrats are offering to the nation. And then look at what the republicans are offering.

Then think of all of the better choices that must be out there. Makes it easy for me to want another choice

Mac-7
06-22-2015, 07:28 AM

Now is the time. Look at what the Democrats are offering to the nation. And then look at what the republicans are offering.

Then think of all of the better choices that must be out there. Makes it easy for me to want another choice

Got it.

Find some doper who wants to legalize drugs and prostitution and help him get 1% of the votes next election.

That'll teach Chavetz a lesson get won't soon forget.

donttread
06-22-2015, 07:38 AM
Got it.

Find some doper who wants to legalize drugs and prostitution and help him get 1% of the votes next election.

That'll teach Chavetz a lesson get won't soon forget.

Individual rights are troublesome to you aren't they?

Mac-7
06-22-2015, 07:42 AM
Individual rights are troublesome to you aren't they?

No rights are absolute.

But you are ranting here about better government - not the transformation of America to soddom and Gamorrah.

and the best way to deal with Chavetz is to put pressure on him which the lib complainers fail to do.

Green Arrow
06-22-2015, 08:12 AM
I wonder how many of the libs crying in their milk here will take the time to call Chavetz's office and complain?

I don't live in Utah or North Carolina, there is no real pressure I can put on Chaffetz. His district will have to do that.

Mac-7
06-22-2015, 08:25 AM
I don't live in Utah or North Carolina, there is no real pressure I can put on Chaffetz. His district will have to do that.

They hear you no matter where you call from.

Libs are too lazy to participate in real self government and prefer to just sit on the sidelines and complain.

Green Arrow
06-22-2015, 08:57 AM
They hear you no matter where you call from.

Libs are too lazy to participate in real self government and prefer to just sit on the sidelines and complain.

They hear me, but they don't give a shit. I will never be able to vote for them unless I move to their district. My responsibility is to make sure Bob Corker, Lamar Alexander, and Chuck Fleischmann are good. They are the only members of Congress I have any influence over.

Mac-7
06-22-2015, 09:03 AM
They hear me, but they don't give a $#@!. I will never be able to vote for them unless I move to their district. My responsibility is to make sure Bob Corker, Lamar Alexander, and Chuck Fleischmann are good. They are the only members of Congress I have any influence over.

Chevitz does not represent your district but that didn't stop you from posting this thread and ranting about him.

I just think you'd do more good by harassing him directly instead of us.

Green Arrow
06-22-2015, 03:08 PM
Chevitz does not represent your district but that didn't stop you from posting this thread and ranting about him.

I just think you'd do more good by harassing him directly instead of us.

I posted it here to show the corruption in our government, and also to hopefully reach some of the people Chaffetz represents.

If you don't like it, you don't have to read it.

Bob
06-22-2015, 03:30 PM

I personally got a kick out of Nancy Pelosi going up against Barack Obama.

Since then, they kissed and made up. She may start supporting now. Wait to find out.

Bob
06-22-2015, 03:31 PM
I posted it here to show the corruption in our government, and also to hopefully reach some of the people Chaffetz represents.

If you don't like it, you don't have to read it.

Was Nancy Pelosi corrupt when she turned down Obama?

Green Arrow
06-22-2015, 03:33 PM
Was Nancy Pelosi corrupt when she turned down Obama?

No, Pelosi is corrupt for a whole other list of reasons.

Bob
06-22-2015, 03:34 PM

Each time that song is sung, I think of this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPIVI0CbCmg

Bob
06-22-2015, 03:35 PM
No, Pelosi is corrupt for a whole other list of reasons.

We agree she is corrupt. And the rest of the Democrats that turned down Obama then are also corrupt.

Green Arrow
06-22-2015, 03:37 PM
We agree she is corrupt. And the rest of the Democrats that turned down Obama then are also corrupt.

Corrupt for what?

Bob
06-22-2015, 03:42 PM
I am trying to figure out why Chavez is corrupt? Did you mean the guy that got the boot?

A lot of them voted against Boehner and still hold their chairmanships.

Meadows was one of the 34 lawmakers who voted against the motion. Chaffetz said there were a “variety of factors” that led to him losing his chairmanship of the Government Operations subcommittee.
“I’m just going to leave it at that,” he said, when asked about the other factors. “There were a variety of factors, but I did what I felt was in the best interest of the oversight committee.”
Chaffetz said he this was his decision, not the Republican leadership’s.
Many subcommittee chairs voted against that resolution, and have not been punished. Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan, who chairs the conservative Freedom Caucus, chairs an oversight subcommittee that oversees health care, benefits and administrative rules. He has not lost his chairmanship.
Others who voted against that rule include: New Jersey Rep. Scott Garrett, who chairs the Financial Services subcommittee which oversees capital markets and government-sponsored enterprises; Louisiana Rep. John Fleming holds the gavel of a Natural Resources subcommittee which oversees water, power and oceans; Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert is the chairman of the oversight panel on Natural Resources; Rep. Cynthia Lummis of Wyoming chairs the interior subcommittee on Oversight.
House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) took a minor step against dissenters this week when he removed Lummis, Steve Pearce of New Mexico and Trent Franks of Arizona from the large GOP vote-counting team.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/chaffetz-strips-meadows-of-subcommittee-chairmanship-119252.html#ixzz3dpGAa8og

Bob
06-22-2015, 03:43 PM
Corrupt for what?

You have the list I believe. And you said Nancy is corrupt if you recall.

Green Arrow
06-22-2015, 03:44 PM
I am trying to figure out why Chavez is corrupt? Did you mean the guy that got the boot?

A lot of them voted against Boehner and still hold their chairmanships.

Chaffetz is corrupt because, like the rest of Boehner's leadership team, they are stripping members of their committee (and subcommittee) chairmanships and seats for voting against the leadership.

It's tyranny.

Green Arrow
06-22-2015, 03:44 PM
You have the list I believe. And you said Nancy is corrupt if you recall.

Yes, she is. I'm curious why you said the Democrats are corrupt for voting against Obama.

Bob
06-22-2015, 03:48 PM
Chaffetz is corrupt because, like the rest of Boehner's leadership team, they are stripping members of their committee (and subcommittee) chairmanships and seats for voting against the leadership.

It's tyranny.

Actually not. This one is stripped. Chavetz said other factors caused it.

Bob
06-22-2015, 03:49 PM
Yes, she is. I'm curious why you said the Democrats are corrupt for voting against Obama.

Oh ... they are not backing their leadership and Obama has had them on the carpet. It creeps me out.

Green Arrow
06-22-2015, 03:53 PM
Actually not. This one is stripped. Chavetz said other factors caused it.

Of course he did, because he doesn't want to be known as a tyrant who persecutes those that disagree with him.

But the fact is this has been a pattern with Boehner's leadership team ever since Boehner took the speaker's gavel.

donttread
06-22-2015, 04:01 PM
No rights are absolute.

But you are ranting here about better government - not the transformation of America to soddom and Gamorrah.

and the best way to deal with Chavetz is to put pressure on him which the lib complainers fail to do.

I was referring to post 6 and your obsession with victimless crime.

Bob
06-22-2015, 04:03 PM
Of course he did, because he doesn't want to be known as a tyrant who persecutes those that disagree with him.

But the fact is this has been a pattern with Boehner's leadership team ever since Boehner took the speaker's gavel.

You should have studied the article all the way to the very end.

A lot of the chairs did the same. They were not stripped.

Chavetz is super honest and not corrupt.

Nancy as we agree is corrupt.

Green Arrow
06-22-2015, 04:04 PM
You should have studied the article all the way to the very end.

A lot of the chairs did the same. They were not stripped.

Chavetz is super honest and not corrupt.

Nancy as we agree is corrupt.

Chaffetz.

It's not hard to spell, and it's been spelled correctly in several places.

And no, Chaffetz is not "super honest."

Bob
06-22-2015, 04:06 PM
Chaffetz.

It's not hard to spell, and it's been spelled correctly in several places.

And no, Chaffetz is not "super honest."

Chaffetz. Absolutely he is. He merely exercised due diligence of his committee.

Why study Politico when you know it is left wing?

Never mind, I recall who you plan to vote for.

Green Arrow
06-22-2015, 04:08 PM
Chaffetz. Absolutely he is. He merely exercised due diligence of his committee.

Why study Politico when you know it is left wing?

Never mind, I recall who you plan to vote for.

Alright, time for you to go back on ignore until you can grow the fuck up.

Tricia
06-22-2015, 04:16 PM
Alright, time for you to go back on ignore until you can grow the fuck up.
He's on a roll today.