PDA

View Full Version : Howdy y'all.

Captain America
07-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Looking forward to reading you guys. You can take what I "actually" know about politics, (meaning, something I actually know to be true and not just something I heard on MSNBC/FOX/Limbaugh/Maddow/Limbaugh/Newsmax/Huffington Post, or some other media propaganda outlet, etc.,) and put it in a thimble. I might be the only person you will ever meet that will actually admit to that.

It is my professional nature to research and verify. Therefore, I enjoy the time I spend proving/disproving things I read about at places like this. I do this for my own enjoyment and intellectual enlightenment and not to humiliate anyone. I apologize in advance for calling someone on their bull****, should I find them endulging in it. What good is knowledge if it cannot be shared? I also apologize in advance for my lack of typing skills and the occassional misspelling.

But going forth, as long as someone doesn't try to piss on my leg and tell me it's raining, we'll get along just fine.

I do not, and have never, held any party affiliations. I have a particular distrust for politics in general. I am pro-life, pro-gun, anti-government cheese kinda guy. But that does not mean the Conservative Club welcomes me with open arms either. I happen to believe that global warming is caused by either green house gasses or the course of nature and NOT caused by gay marriage. The Tea Party types usually get very frustrated with me and my research and the presentation of "just the facts." So do the liberal tree-huggers. But I still love 'em all. I will get along with anybody who tries to get along with me. I love people of all sizes and shapes, beliefs and cultures.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Thank you.

Cap'n A

wingrider
07-23-2012, 04:21 PM
welcome to the forum and . you can put that shield over in the corner while you are here,,

Peter1469
07-23-2012, 04:22 PM
Welcome Capt-A.

Captain America
07-23-2012, 04:23 PM
welcome to the forum and . you can put that shield over in the corner while you are here,,

That's good to know. LOL!

Thank you guys for the welcome. It's always hard coming to new place not knowing what to expect. Hopefully, in time, I will be well regarded as a valued member here.

Conley
07-23-2012, 04:24 PM
Good to meet you Captain America, always nice to have someone join us who isn't a blind partisan hack. You're smart to be a skeptic and do your own research...I look forward to reading what you come up with.

Captain America
07-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Good to meet you Captain America, always nice to have someone join us who isn't a blind partisan hack. You're smart to be a skeptic and do your own research...I look forward to reading what you come up with.

Work in the judicial system as long as I have and impartiality just comes natural. Like I said, I'm all about the verifiable, unbiased facts. But that does not mean I don't have my own opinions. Ironically, my very own research has proven my very own opinion wrong on more than one occassion.

I let be known when I am opining and when I am investigating. My opinions have been wrong in the past. My investigations, not so much. LOL!

MMC
07-23-2012, 04:36 PM
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=I4636430752219691&pid=1.7&w=235&h=154&c=7&rs=1

Greetings Captain America.....Welcome to the Political Forums of the Rant! :yo2:

9/11 was an inside job
07-23-2012, 05:15 PM
Looking forward to reading you guys. You can take what I "actually" know about politics, (meaning, something I actually know to be true and not just something I heard on MSNBC/FOX/Limbaugh/Maddow/Limbaugh/Newsmax/Huffington Post, or some other media propaganda outlet, etc.,) and put it in a thimble. I might be the only person you will ever meet that will actually admit to that.

It is my professional nature to research and verify. Therefore, I enjoy the time I spend proving/disproving things I read about at places like this. I do this for my own enjoyment and intellectual enlightenment and not to humiliate anyone. I apologize in advance for calling someone on their bull****, should I find them endulging in it. What good is knowledge if it cannot be shared? I also apologize in advance for my lack of typing skills and the occassional misspelling.

But going forth, as long as someone doesn't try to piss on my leg and tell me it's raining, we'll get along just fine.

I do not, and have never, held any party affiliations. I have a particular distrust for politics in general. I am pro-life, pro-gun, anti-government cheese kinda guy. But that does not mean the Conservative Club welcomes me with open arms either. I happen to believe that global warming is caused by either green house gasses or the course of nature and NOT caused by gay marriage. The Tea Party types usually get very frustrated with me and my research and the presentation of "just the facts." So do the liberal tree-huggers. But I still love 'em all. I will get along with anybody who tries to get along with me. I love people of all sizes and shapes, beliefs and cultures.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Thank you.

Cap'n A

Hey Cap Im new to.Just registered just now.you sound like my kind of guy.aware of whats really going on in the world and awake.I love your user name.Loved the movie Captain America.

I use the name Mr Parker when i got to movie boards because I love movies and Spiderman has always been MY favorite comicbook hero.Lovd the new movie,the others were pure crap.this movie had a few mistakes as well but unlike those disgraceful Raimi movies,this one had more positives than negatives.

Smartmouthwoman
07-23-2012, 05:32 PM
That's good to know. LOL!

Thank you guys for the welcome. It's always hard coming to new place not knowing what to expect. Hopefully, in time, I will be well regarded as a valued member here.

LOL, you're lucky to be early in this site's life because we're all valued members!

Welcome, Capt America. You had me at Native Texan. ;)

Conley
07-23-2012, 05:34 PM
LOL, you're lucky to be early in this site's life because we're all valued members!

Welcome, Capt America. You had me at Native Texan. ;)

:laugh: Yeah I was going to say I already think he's a more valuable contributor than some of our members but I didn't think it would be appropriate :wink: :evil:

Goldie Locks
07-23-2012, 05:36 PM
Welcome Captain America...look forward to seeing your postings and research.

Captain America
07-23-2012, 05:39 PM
You are all too kind. I won't promise you I will always be right but I will promise you I will speak from my heart and do my best to be as honest with you all as humanly possible.

@smarthmouthwoman: My son just graduated at SMU a few years back. I have a LOT of Dallas stories I could tell (but I won't. ;) )

9/11 was an inside job
07-23-2012, 05:42 PM
So Capt, I assume since you liked my post you agree with me on everything i said?:grin:

Smartmouthwoman
07-23-2012, 05:52 PM
You are all too kind. I won't promise you I will always be right but I will promise you I will speak from my heart and do my best to be as honest with you all as humanly possible.

@smarthmouthwoman: My son just graduated at SMU a few years back. I have a LOT of Dallas stories I could tell (but I won't. ;) )

Native Oak Cliffer here... I can tell a few of my own. ;)

MMC
07-23-2012, 05:54 PM
Heya Capt ya ever been round Debate Politics?

Captain America
07-23-2012, 05:54 PM
So Capt, I assume since you liked my post you agree with me on everything i said?:grin:

Either that or I was thanking you for taking the time out of your day to converse with me. Like I said, I'm a get along kinda guy. :)

Captain America
07-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Heya Capt ya ever been round Debate Politics?

6 years and over 10k posts. You betcha!

But right now, I am a little disappointed in DP. I am looking for a new forum home. I have decided not to participate at DP for a while. They won't miss me. Heck, they won't even know I'm gone. LOL!

So, how many posts here before my avatar shows up in my box? If it had been there, you certainly would have recognized me immediately.

Smartmouthwoman
07-23-2012, 06:03 PM

But right now, I am a little disappointed in DP. I am looking for a new forum home. I have decided not to participate at DP for a while. They won't miss me. Heck, they won't even know I'm gone. LOL!

So, how many posts here before my avatar shows up in my box? If it had been there, you certainly would have recognized me immediately.

A bunch of us seem to have wandered in from other sites. Glad you joined us. :occasion14:

Captain America
07-23-2012, 06:08 PM
A bunch of us seem to have wandered in from other sites. Glad you joined us. :occasion14:

I hope you feel the same way in 6 months. I have pissed off a lot of people in my home state recently by my infatuation with facts. LOL!

Trinnity
07-23-2012, 06:08 PM

Okay....I knew I'd seen you somewhere.

Goldie Locks
07-23-2012, 06:09 PM
I hope you feel the same way in 6 months. I have pissed off a lot of people in my home state recently by my infatuation with facts. LOL!

You couldn't piss me off any more than Ubama does....;)

Captain America
07-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Okay....I knew I'd seen you somewhere.

Now, you're probably thinking, "There goes the neighborhood." LOL

Conley
07-23-2012, 06:16 PM

Looks like you put the image in your profile pic instead of your avatar...you can put it in both places and it will show up. Whatever is in your 'avatar' slot is what appears next to your posts

Captain America
07-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Looks like you put the image in your profile pic instead of your avatar...you can put it in both places and it will show up. Whatever is in your 'avatar' slot is what appears next to your posts

Thanks Conley. You ROCK!!

Conley
07-23-2012, 06:32 PM
Cool, glad you got it working! :grin:

MMC
07-23-2012, 06:58 PM

Ah I thought that was you.....hows my buddy Connery and my goilz. Gina, Lizzie, and Medusa. http://www.debatepolitics.com/images/smilies/pimpdaddy.gif

Our Music Rooms are in the Sights and Sounds Thread. If ya run into the Music lovers there let them know we like to play with the Music here. Now ya are Truly in MMC's House. http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m127/myspacetaggers/cat/guy_stuff/animated_dj.gif

Chris
07-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Ran into you on the forum already, captain, welcome.

Captain America
07-23-2012, 07:13 PM
There is a movement at DP right now to rack up penalty points against me. Man, they aren't even discreet about it either. In six years, I never had any trouble to speak of, that I can remember and in less than one week, they have dinged me 6 points.

Can you believe I got 3 points for telling this guy there, who is a well known ignoramous, that I did not have time to respond to his posts anymore? I told him I had to make some changes on who I felt was worthy enough to respond to, as my time was limited. I said, "Too many posters, too little time." I told him that, unfortunantly, he did not make that list. I also posted my "I don't have time for you" calling card. <see below> I was very civil about it. I just didn't have time for nonsense posters. And that got me dinged. It then dawned on me what was up. So, I said fuggem. I'm gonna expand my horizons.

MMC
07-23-2012, 07:21 PM
There is a movement at DP right now to rack up penalty points against me. Man, they aren't even discreet about it either. In six years, I never had any trouble to speak of, that I can remember and in less than one week, they have dinged me 6 points.

Can you believe I got 3 points for telling this guy there, who is a well known ignoramous, that I did not have time to respond to his posts anymore? I told him I had to make some changes on who I felt was worthy enough to respond to, as my time was limited. I said, "Too many posters, too little time." I told him that, unfortunantly, he did not make that list. I also posted my "I don't have time for you" calling card. <see below> I was very civil about it. I just didn't have time for nonsense posters. And that got me dinged. It then dawned on me what was up. So, I said fuggem. I'm gonna expand my horizons.

Yeah I got hit when I first went there for saying something about Arabs. To me way to much moderation going on there. Plus I dont even understand the gaming thing in the tavern.

Captain America
07-23-2012, 07:27 PM
The fastest way I see to get dinged at DP is to make any comments that are not flattering towards the Israel government. I totally stay away from that topic there. In fact, the whole Middle East thread is no man's land as far as I was concerned.

Agravan
07-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Welcome Cap.
Have already read some of your stuff and agree with a lot of what you said. I have some Libertarian leanings, but their foreign policy and drug stances rub me the wrong way.
I think Ron Paul has some great economic policy ideas, but his other ideas come off as crazy. I don't believe the 9/11 inside job crap, nor do I believe the Israeli conspiracy crap. I support Israel over the terrorists all day, any day.
Anyway, as I said, I look forward to reading your posts and research and I will keep an open mind. Convince me. :)

And welcome to a fellow Tejano.:headbang:

Captain America
07-23-2012, 08:40 PM
Thank you so much Agravan. I have had several people describe me as a libertarian in the past. But, then again, I have also been called, liberal, rightwingnut, and son-of-a, well, you know. LOL!

I am a "convince me" kinda guy too! I already like you! But I am someone that can actually be convinced. Most folks already have their minds made up on just about everything. I wonder why they even come to sites like this.

Captain Obvious
07-23-2012, 08:57 PM
Welcome to the forum, Cap't.

Or should I say Co-Cap't?

:afro:

Captain America
07-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Thank you Captain. I am honored to be here and very blessed to receive such a warm welcome. I truly appreciate it.

Going to new forum kinda feels like getting back into the dating pool after being married all your life. It's pretty scary at first but you guys have made it very comfortable for me.

I will conceed to your rank as you have seniority. But you Lieutenants out there, watch out!

MMC
07-23-2012, 09:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQEQaFzVQIM

This is good to know with Officers.....as in the End.....you can trust that No Officers will go into that body bag.....without me having to say a few words over thy azzes! :m1helmet: :icon_salut:

Captain America
07-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Love it!!!

Goldie Locks
07-23-2012, 10:01 PM
OK...I get it you're a lib trying to pretend you're in the middle.

Captain Obvious
07-23-2012, 10:06 PM

That's a "progressive"

Captain America
07-23-2012, 10:08 PM

Here's the best way I know how to explain it. The liberal whacko's call me conservative. The conservative whackos call me liberal. And I am quite comfortable in my own skin. I mainly just roll with facts and reality and leave the labeling to the whackos. All present company accepted.

Or, as I heard it put the other night on HBO, " "I'm a registered Republican, I only seem Liberal because I believe that hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure and not gay marriage."

Captain Obvious
07-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Here's the best way I know how to explain it. The liberal whacko's call me conservative. The conservative whackos call me liberal. And I am quite comfortable in my own skin. I mainly just roll with facts and reality and leave the labeling to the whackos. All present company accepted.

Or, as I heard it put the other night on HBO, " "I'm a registered Republican, I only seem Liberal because I believe that hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure and not gay marriage."

Join the club.

Hell, we could have been separated at birth.

Captain America
07-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Join the club.

Hell, we could have been separated at birth.

We coulda been wombmates.

Captain America
07-23-2012, 10:15 PM
That's a "progressive"

Thanks. I always wondered what the hell a progressive was. I just assumed it was the opposite of regressive. I certainly am not a regressive.

Captain Obvious
07-23-2012, 10:16 PM
We coulda been wombmates.

Wait for it.....

... brutha from anotha motha, HAH!

Captain America
07-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Mom always did like you best.

9/11 was an inside job
07-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Either that or I was thanking you for taking the time out of your day to converse with me. Like I said, I'm a get along kinda guy. :)

just wondering,have you seen all the spiderman movies,if so,do you agree with me on that that the new one is better than all of those horrible rami ones put together? hee hee.

MMC
07-25-2012, 12:58 PM
I didnt see it yet.....but I did see the Avengers. Plus I think we have the trailer up in the Sights and Sounds Room. I am not sure if we have put up the Spiderman one.

Capt America did pretty good in holding his own with the other Avengers. :fighting0074: Missing were the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. :dontknow:

Course after a few beers and some fish.....our other Capt was quite Oblivous to it all. Typical Officers! :biglaugh:

Captain America
07-25-2012, 01:21 PM
just wondering,have you seen all the spiderman movies,if so,do you agree with me on that that the new one is better than all of those horrible rami ones put together? hee hee.

Well, the first Spiderman movie I saw was on a plane, drinking top shelf Patron tequila, headed towards Cancun. That was the best movie I ever saw. Not particularly because of the movie content, but more because I was headed to Cancun with a rightous buzz on with perfect cabin pressure.

MMC
07-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Well, the first Spiderman movie I saw was on a plane, drinking top shelf Patron tequila, headed towards Cancun. That was the best movie I ever saw. Not particularly because of the movie content, but more because I was headed to Cancun with a rightous buzz on with perfect cabin pressure.

OH, thats RIGHT.....MORTALS can't fly. :icon_scratch: :shocked: :cya20: