PDA

View Full Version : MORE PROOF: Pennsylvania GOPers Concede That Voter Fraud Claims Are a Myth

Cigar
07-24-2012, 07:24 AM
As our regular readers undoubtedly know, Republicans have been engaged in a concerted effort to reduce voting (http://www.winningprogressive.org/fight-for-your-right-to-vote) by college students, people of color, poor people, the elderly and other Democratic-leaning constituencies by enacting laws prohibiting people from voting unless they have certain government-issued photo IDs. Supporters of such laws claim that they are trying to stop rampant in-person voter fraud – i.e., concerted efforts to have ineligible people vote in order to throw an election. But the reality is that there is no evidence of any such fraud. For example, a five-year long investigation by the Department of Justice under President George W. Bush found “virtually no evidence of any organized effort” to fraudulently impact federal elections (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/12/washington/12fraud.html?pagewanted=all), and other analyses (http://www.pfaw.org/rww-in-focus/the-right-to-vote-under-attack-the-campaign-to-keep-millions-of-americans-from-the-ball) have similarly found no evidence of fraud (http://www.truthaboutfraud.org/).

This past week in Pennsylvania, leading Republicans admitted in two separate circumstances that in-person voter fraud is virtually non-existent. The first such admission came in the state of Pennsylvania’s response to the ACLU’s lawsuit challenging the restrictive voter ID law (http://www.aclupa.org/legal/legaldocket/applewhiteetalvcommonwealt/) that was passed in March 2012 and is scheduled to go into effect for the November election. The court hearing in that lawsuit – titled Applewhite v. Commonwealth of Pennsylvania – is scheduled to begin on July 25, 2012, and in a pre-hearing filing (http://www.aclupa.org/downloads/ApplewhiteStipulation.pdf), Pennsylvania (which has a Republican Governor and Attorney General) stipulated that;

- There have been no investigations or prosecutions of in-person voter fraud in Pennsylvania
- The state is not aware of any in-person voter fraud in Pennsylvania
- The state will not offer any evidence that in-person voter fraud has occurred
- The state will not offer any evidence or argument that in-person voter fraud is likely to occur in the absence of the photo ID law

In short, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania has admitted that the entire “justification” for the photo ID law does not exist.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/07/23/pennsylvania-gopers-concede-that-voter-fraud-claims-are-a-myth/

patrickt
07-24-2012, 09:14 AM
Amazing. Your link shows examples of election fraud but it doesn't matter because they didn't have a significant number and the other point was that there is no election fraud. Cigar fails again and so does addictinginfo. The desperate drive to maintain election fraud for the Democrats continues.

So far, thirty states and rising. It's sad that Democrats have such an incredibly low opinion of their voters.

I was personally very moved by the testimony of Victoria Rose Rodriguez who will be disenfranchized because she does not have the time to go to the office in her hometown to get proper ID. She did have the time, and the money, however, to fly from San Antonio, Texas, to Washington, D.C., and testify for those desperately trying to maintain election fraud.

Mainecoons
07-24-2012, 09:21 AM
Election fraud is used mainly by the Democrats, but not exclusively, to win close, specific elections. Everyone benefits when the integrity of the electoral process is strenghtened. As for example when college students are required to vote where their homes are, instead of voting in person at college and filing a second absentee ballot at home. At present, there is no way to stop this other than to not allow these students, virtually all leftists, to vote at college.

Interesting all the whining by the Democrats about ballot fraud in the Wisconsin recall election. You would think they would want to ensure the integrity of the process as well.

BTW, when I lived in D.C. some years ago, PA was well known for mutual ballot box stuffing--The Dems would do in in Philadelphia and the Republicans did it outside of Philadelphia.

What is really laughable is a guy from Chicago who is here basically advocating leaving the door wide open for ballot fraud. I guess that makes sense. :grin:

Smartmouthwoman
07-24-2012, 09:39 AM
LOL @ winningprogressive.org

Might as well be quoting Aesop's Fables, Cig.

coolwalker
07-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Fraud exists wherever humans are involved and there is a possibility of one out of two outcomes. American politics have been frought with fraud since just after Jefferson left office.

Cigar
07-24-2012, 12:34 PM
Fraud exists wherever humans are involved and there is a possibility of one out of two outcomes. American politics have been frought with fraud since just after Jefferson left office.

Thus we had 4 more years of Bush.

bajisima
07-24-2012, 12:54 PM
It is only a matter of time. All states will have voter ID in the next decade. We should have been prepared for this, didn't they talk about a "national ID card" after 9/11?

coolwalker
07-24-2012, 01:03 PM
Thus we had 4 more years of Bush.
Thus...thus? You just pulled this out of your butt.

Cigar
07-24-2012, 01:03 PM
It is only a matter of time. All states will have voter ID in the next decade. We should have been prepared for this, didn't they talk about a "national ID card" after 9/11?

I suggest Conservatives better start making babies ... because the Demographics are not in your favor ... no matter what tricks they come up with.

Cigar
07-24-2012, 01:04 PM
Thus...thus? You just pulled this out of your butt.

More like pinched ... :)

Agravan
07-24-2012, 01:43 PM
I suggest Conservatives better start making babies ... because the Demographics are not in your favor ... no matter what tricks they come up with.

Well, Democrats love abortions, gay marriage and want to euthanize older folks and the handicapped who can no longer "contribute to society", so it looks like it's YOUR demographics that are shrinking. You guys are a smaller percentage of the population than Conservatives, you just seem like a larger group because conservatives are, by and large, actually working and not living off the government teat, which gives us less time to attend protests.

Cigar
07-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Well, Democrats love abortions, gay marriage and want to euthanize older folks and the handicapped who can no longer "contribute to society", so it looks like it's YOUR demographics that are shrinking. You guys are a smaller percentage of the population than Conservatives, you just seem like a larger group because conservatives are, by and large, actually working and not living off the government teat, which gives us less time to attend protests.

I think I have the smart money on my side ... but you can roll the dice anywhere you what? :)

I think I read it somewhere that No President gets electing without 65% of the Latino Vote.

Good Luck Mitt :)

Captain America
07-24-2012, 01:53 PM
All's fair in Love and Politics.

What one man calls cheating and manipulating the vote, the republican calls the "competitive edge." LOL!

Cigar
07-24-2012, 01:56 PM
All's fair in Love and Politics.

What one man calls cheating and manipulating the vote, the republican calls the "competitive edge." LOL!

It can only work once ... if at all.