PDA

View Full Version : House bill would force the Supreme Court to enroll in ObamaCare

Peter1469
06-25-2015, 06:56 PM
House bill would force the Supreme Court to enroll in ObamaCare (http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/246204-gop-bill-would-force-supreme-court-to-enroll-in-obamacare)Why not? They rewrote it.

A House Republican on Thursday proposed forcing the Supreme Court justices and their staff to enroll in ObamaCare.

Rep. Brian Babin (R-Texas) said (https://babin.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=299) that his SCOTUScare Act would make all nine justices and their employees join the national healthcare law’s exchanges.

“As the Supreme Court continues to ignore the letter of the law, it’s important that these six individuals understand the full impact of their decisions on the American people,” he said.

“That’s why I introduced the SCOTUScare Act to require the Supreme Court and all of its employees to sign up for ObamaCare,” Babin said.

Green Arrow
06-25-2015, 06:57 PM
Largely worthless. All nine members of SCOTUS are wealthy, they can absorb any negative impact of joining the exchanges. They won't feel or understand a thing, nor will they care.

Peter1469
06-25-2015, 07:01 PM
Their deductibles and premiums would go up a lot. And they don't make a lot of money in the DC area's cost of living.

Their staff will feel it.

Green Arrow
06-25-2015, 07:04 PM
Their deductibles and premiums would go up a lot. And they don't make a lot of money in the DC area's cost of living.

Their staff will feel it.

Their staff will feel it, but so what? If they get uppity, hire new staff.

Cigar
06-25-2015, 07:05 PM
I sure they don't have to worry about Health Care

zelmo1234
06-25-2015, 11:29 PM
Largely worthless. All nine members of SCOTUS are wealthy, they can absorb any negative impact of joining the exchanges. They won't feel or understand a thing, nor will they care.

Yes but they have large staffs that can't

I think that all of congress, the senate and the President should be on the system they created for everyone else.

As a matter of fact all of the federal government and it's employees should have this wonderful insurance.

Redrose
06-26-2015, 04:29 AM

That's the problem in a nutshell. The Congress and the Judicial Branch are comprised of wealthy people. They are so far removed from the common man, they have lost the ability to relate to the issues that affect us....and they couldn't care less.

SCOTUS can take months to write an opinion that isn't worth the ink it's written with. IMO their lifetime appointment after a while makes them feel imperious. They are wrapped up in their own importance.

John Roberts is pathetic.

It's funny, years ago I was told never trust a person that doesn't show their teeth when they smile. It means they can't be trusted. Roberts is proof of that, he rarely shows his teeth when smiling.

Cigar
06-26-2015, 09:46 AM
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/BenneC/2015/BenneC20150626_low.jpg

PolWatch
06-26-2015, 09:50 AM
I'm sure the bill is not intended to be anything except an attempt to slap the SCOTUS but I like the idea. The issue I have with this is that all elected officials should be required to do the same. They should also be covered under the same type of pension plan and benefit package as any other American. Random drug testing should be included in the package also.....including any & all elected officials in the nation.

Redrose
06-26-2015, 01:44 PM
I'm sure the bill is not intended to be anything except an attempt to slap the SCOTUS but I like the idea. The issue I have with this is that all elected officials should be required to do the same. They should also be covered under the same type of pension plan and benefit package as any other American. Random drug testing should be included in the package also.....including any & all elected officials in the nation.

It will never happen. There are those who make the rules, and there are those who must abide by them.

If the ACA had been written to be enforced on everyone, from the POTUS down, it never would have been passed. Those people are not stupid, they don't want that abomination in their life.

An over simplification, it gives coverage to some and sucks money out of the rest. Income redistribution.

It's mandatory for many while it exempts others. Not good.

PolWatch
06-26-2015, 01:45 PM
some of us is more equal than others......

PattyHill
06-26-2015, 02:04 PM
I thought they were already covered by the ACA, like congress/senate are. I'm cool with this law if they aren't.

Redrose
06-26-2015, 02:31 PM
I thought they were already covered by the ACA, like congress/senate are. I'm cool with this law if they aren't.

There are several groups that are exempted from the ACA. They can use it if they so chose, but it's not mandatory for them. The three branches of our government are exempt, thanks Nancy.

Some religious groups such as Muslims, since it goes against their religious tenets.

Unions are exempt, and the one that burns me up is some lobbyists got exempted. (Good ole boy system)

If they make a law, they should be bound by it too.

Peter1469
06-26-2015, 02:32 PM
I assume that the health plans offered to them were / are ACA compliant.

PattyHill
06-26-2015, 02:48 PM
There are several groups that are exempted from the ACA. They can use it if they so chose, but it's not mandatory for them. The three branches of our government are exempt, thanks Nancy.

Some religious groups such as Muslims, since it goes against their religious tenets.

Unions are exempt, and the one that burns me up is some lobbyists got exempted. (Good ole boy system)

If they make a law, they should be bound by it too.

The House/Senate ARE subject to the ACA; there was a amendment offered late that passed that did that.

Redrose
06-26-2015, 02:50 PM
some of us is more equal than others......

'Animal Farm'

Redrose
06-26-2015, 02:53 PM
The House/Senate ARE subject to the ACA; there was a amendment offered late that passed that did that.

I hope so. The last I read said they are covered by it, but it's not mandatory for them.

I'm looking for some more recent articles.

One of the congressmen in DC from our state is friends with my husband, maybe we can ask him and get a clarification.

PattyHill
06-26-2015, 02:56 PM
I hope so. The last I read said they are covered by it, but it's not mandatory for them.

I'm looking for some more recent articles.

One of the congressmen in DC from our state is friends with my husband, maybe we can ask him and get a clarification.

Cool, let me know.

Redrose
06-26-2015, 02:59 PM
Cool, let me know.

It's sad to realize we don't get an accurate picture of what's going on in DC, the media skews it to suit their views. Left wing outlets, right wing outlets and we get fed junk.