PDA

View Full Version : The Facts About Gov. Bobby Jindal

TrueBlue
06-27-2015, 08:35 PM
The Facts About Gov. Bobby Jindal

http://randyreport.blogspot.com/2015/06/the-facts-about-gov-bobby-jindal.html

"Now that Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal has officially announced his candidacy for the 2016 GOP nomination for president, the Human Rights Campaign wants to remind of some facts regarding Mr. Jindal:"

========================================

Thanks to The Randy Report. Well there you have it from those in the know. The all-important and influential Human Rights Campaign has come forward with some good information. That's not a pretty picture at all of your efforts in fighting against LGBT equality, Mr. Jindal. Don't you realize that Gays and Lesbians are residents of your state also who work, pay their taxes, go to church to worship, have their own or adopt children to add to their family, and who voluntarily and proudly enter the military to serve their country, putting themselves in harm's way, many times returning maimed or without life in a casket so that you and I and all Americans can enjoy our freedom? And that's the thanks you give to them? That's not a record to be proud of at all, Mr. Jindal.

Lineman
06-27-2015, 10:28 PM
Yeah I have lifelong friends in Baton Rouge, and buyers remorse is huge in the whole state regarding Jindhal.

Captain Obvious
06-27-2015, 11:01 PM
lol "facts"...

Green Arrow
06-28-2015, 12:24 AM
I think Jindal screwed himself right about 2012 when he decided to put his national ambitions over the well-being of his own state. It's gotten to the point where even conservative Louisianans would vote for Hillary just to spite Jindal.

Bob
06-28-2015, 12:51 AM
I think Jindal screwed himself right about 2012 when he decided to put his national ambitions over the well-being of his own state. It's gotten to the point where even conservative Louisianans would vote for Hillary just to spite Jindal.

I read trash talk all day long.

Will you please enlighten all of us showing how your post is accurate?

I expect accuracy from journalists and feel fine asking it here too.

Curious to learn the source of what his supporters/conservatives, want to do?

If they never supported him, the point vs Hillary is moot Green Arrow

Peter1469
06-28-2015, 01:27 AM
Jindal doesn't have enough of a chance of winning the nomination to be deliberately targeted like this.

What's next, a criminal indictment with little regard of the truth?

Green Arrow
06-28-2015, 02:36 AM
Jindal doesn't have enough of a chance of winning the nomination to be deliberately targeted like this.

What's next, a criminal indictment with little regard of the truth?

I think it is a mindfulness that 2016 is the year of the GOP, unless they find a way to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory again. So, in a panic, they are covering all their bases and trying to destroy every prospective GOP candidate right out of the gate.

midcan5
06-28-2015, 07:27 AM
I'm finding it rather strange that so many republicans are running for president? Do they really think they have a chance, do they look at the other republicans as losers? Trump may, but he's a real oddball for president. Is there some sort of prestige that comes with saying you ran for president? Imagine a debate with all of them, it would take hours and afterwards a stiff drink would be required for recovery.

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/political-animal-a/2014_02/el_cid_of_louisiana049085.php
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/01/the-sophisticated-bigotry-of-bobby-jindal/384997/ (http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/political-animal-a/2014_02/el_cid_of_louisiana049085.php)
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2012/07/bobby_jindal_possible_vice_presidential_pick_but_h as_a_creationism_problem_.html

zelmo1234
06-28-2015, 07:35 AM
Jindal does not have a chance, but will hurt the Bush wing, so I am OK with him running.

I think that the Democrats are just shining the flashlight of what they believe to be truth on every candidate, except for Hillary, No digging into that one.

Can you imagine what they would be doing to her if she was a Republican.

PolWatch
06-28-2015, 07:39 AM
Jindal does not have a chance, but will hurt the Bush wing, so I am OK with him running.

I think that the Democrats are just shining the flashlight of what they believe to be truth on every candidate, except for Hillary, No digging into that one.

Why would anyone expect the dems to emphasize the negatives about their front runner? That would make as much sense as the repubs running ads against one of their hopefuls. Where are the repubs telling everyone about how poorly Jindal is regarded in LA?

zelmo1234
06-28-2015, 08:05 AM
Why would anyone expect the dems to emphasize the negatives about their front runner? That would make as much sense as the repubs running ads against one of their hopefuls. Where are the repubs telling everyone about how poorly Jindal is regarded in LA?

Well I would not expect that, but to run cover for someone that has so many issues is really interesting.

Imagine if a republican had this issue on tape and only changed their mind a few weeks ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I1-r1YgK9I

PolWatch
06-28-2015, 08:09 AM
why interesting? Its all about winning by both parties.....to pretend otherwise is disingenuous. They are all playing the same game, even if some want to believe they are the side of the angels and the other is the side of the devils.

zelmo1234
06-28-2015, 08:21 AM
why interesting? Its all about winning by both parties.....to pretend otherwise is disingenuous. They are all playing the same game, even if some want to believe they are the side of the angels and the other is the side of the devils.

Why? Because in order to support Hillary the Democrats have had to change their beliefs 1 + 1 has to equal 44

Republican Candidates have issues each and everyone of them, but at least I don't have to sell out my soul to support them. I can acknowledge them and say while I don't agree with that I like these other things.

Hillary does not support the issues that the modern day democrats are promoting.

PolWatch
06-28-2015, 08:23 AM
Why? Because in order to support Hillary the Democrats have had to change their beliefs 1 + 1 has to equal 44

Republican Candidates have issues each and everyone of them, but at least I don't have to sell out my soul to support them. I can acknowledge them and say while I don't agree with that I like these other things.

Hillary does not support the issues that the modern day democrats are promoting.

Do you realize you have just admitted that you have to hold your nose over some of the candidates? Why is that any different from those do the same for Hillary?

zelmo1234
06-28-2015, 08:34 AM
Do you realize you have just admitted that you have to hold your nose over some of the candidates? Why is that any different from those do the same for Hillary?

Let's just take Walker he is still my favorite.

I agree with his proposed new tax code. I agree with his stance on the protection of marriage and going for a constitutional amendment. I agree that the border must have a fence and we must stop 100% of the illegals that come in, but it is impossible to deport everyone that is here. I agree with major entitlement reform and SS reform, I agree with reviewing regulations. But he is for Common Core education and I don't like that.

With Hillary she is a total and complete fraud on everything but Abortion? And she is dishonest. You have to sell your soul, because she is really the only shot that the Democrats.

Mr. Right
06-28-2015, 08:38 AM

It's quite possible that they'll not be able to vote for either.

PolWatch
06-28-2015, 08:39 AM
Every candidate, no matter which party, twists & turns according to who they belong to. Those huge PAC's don't donate millions and stand back, allowing the candidates to follow their conscience. Their position on any of the hot-button issue du jour depends on what segment of the voting population they are wooing.

maineman
06-28-2015, 09:26 AM

don't you think that republicans have been trying to illuminate Hillary's weaknesses for years? That's you job, not ours.

maineman
06-28-2015, 09:30 AM
I agree that the border must have a fence and we must stop 100% of the illegals that come in, but it is impossible to deport everyone that is here.

Why spend money to build a fence? Simply throw the owners of companies that employ illegal aliens in prison. You wouldn't have to throw that many in before the word would get out. If there was no more work in the US for folks from south of the border, you wouldn't need to deport anyone or build any fence. No one would come north, and those that were already there would head south as soon as the work went away.

Peter1469
06-28-2015, 09:44 AM
Why spend money to build a fence? Simply throw the owners of companies that employ illegal aliens in prison. You wouldn't have to throw that many in before the word would get out. If there was no more work in the US for folks from south of the border, you wouldn't need to deport anyone or build any fence. No one would come north, and those that were already there would head south as soon as the work went away.

We don't need a physical fence. A virtual fence would work fine to track criminals.

Correct on jailing US business owners who hire illegals. That would end the migrant problem real fast.

maineman
06-28-2015, 09:47 AM
We don't need a physical fence. A virtual fence would work fine to track criminals.

Correct on jailing US business owners who hire illegals. That would end the migrant problem real fast.

Mexicans don't come to America for "our freedoms" or our healthcare or for the weather or for government freebies.... they come here SOLELY for the money that they can make doing the jobs that Americans are too lazy to do. If that work went away, they would all go away.

Chris
06-28-2015, 09:49 AM
The Facts About Gov. Bobby Jindal

http://randyreport.blogspot.com/2015/06/the-facts-about-gov-bobby-jindal.html

========================================

Thanks to The Randy Report. Well there you have it from those in the know. The all-important and influential Human Rights Campaign has come forward with some good information. That's not a pretty picture at all of your efforts in fighting against LGBT equality, Mr. Jindal. Don't you realize that Gays and Lesbians are residents of your state also who work, pay their taxes, go to church to worship, have their own or adopt children to add to their family, and who voluntarily and proudly enter the military to serve their country, putting themselves in harm's way, many times returning maimed or without life in a casket so that you and I and all Americans can enjoy our freedom? And that's the thanks you give to them? That's not a record to be proud of at all, Mr. Jindal.

Except at the link those are not facts, those are conclusions. Where are the facts?

Peter1469
06-28-2015, 09:50 AM
Mexicans don't come to America for "our freedoms" or our healthcare or for the weather or for government freebies.... they come here SOLELY for the money that they can make doing the jobs that Americans are too lazy to do. If that work went away, they would all go away.

Agreed.

But I don't think they need to go away. We just need to manage it better. I have said before that the US can have job centers in Mexico that pairs Mexicans up with US jobs that really don't have Americans in line to do them. Much of this would be seasonal farm labor. Bring them in; house them on site; bring them out after season.

Oh. And pay them a real wage. No undercutting because they are migrants.

And if we fixed our welfare systems, Americans may come to desire these jobs.

PolWatch
06-28-2015, 10:07 AM
Agreed.

But I don't think they need to go away. We just need to manage it better. I have said before that the US can have job centers in Mexico that pairs Mexicans up with US jobs that really don't have Americans in line to do them. Much of this would be seasonal farm labor. Bring them in; house them on site; bring them out after season.

Oh. And pay them a real wage. No undercutting because they are migrants.

And if we fixed our welfare systems, Americans may come to desire these jobs.

While in Blakely, Georgia I met some Mexicans that work for a farmer using the system you suggest. They have a business agent who provides transportation to the farm. The farmer provides housing and wages for the time they are in the country. After the harvest, they return to Mexico. I talked to some people who were the third generation working for this farmer. It was my understanding that it was not unusual in this area. btw: the 3rd generation were teenagers working in a public market on the farm.

Peter1469
06-28-2015, 10:32 AM
While in Blakely, Georgia I met some Mexicans that work for a farmer using the system you suggest. They have a business agent who provides transportation to the farm. The farmer provides housing and wages for the time they are in the country. After the harvest, they return to Mexico. I talked to some people who were the third generation working for this farmer. It was my understanding that it was not unusual in this area. btw: the 3rd generation were teenagers working in a public market on the farm.

Sounds like a good system.

TrueBlue
06-28-2015, 11:23 AM
Well I would not expect that, but to run cover for someone that has so many issues is really interesting.

Imagine if a republican had this issue on tape and only changed their mind a few weeks ago

resource://youtubeanywhereplayer/icon16.pngresource://youtubeanywhereplayer/icon16.pngresource://youtubeanywhereplayer/icon16.pngresource://youtubeanywhereplayer/icon16.pngresource://youtubeanywhereplayer/icon16.pngresource://youtubeanywhereplayer/icon16.pnghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I1-r1YgK9I (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I1-r1YgK9I)
That was back then where nowhere near 63% of Americans supported Same-Sex Marriage. Of course she was speaking for many constituents of the time who believed that way. But she has evolved on this issue as more facts have become present on the overwhelming acceptance of Gay Marriage in this country along with the recent SCOTUS ruling and I highly commend her for that. To see what America now accepts and not be "with it" would show me a Hillary who was unwilling to change.

This is Hillary now on Same-Sex Marriage. Woo-Hoo!

http://www.bilerico.com/2015/06/hillary_clinton_releases_new_campaign_video_equal. php

==============================
------------------------------------------------------
WCPT Radio, Chicago
http://8663.live.streamtheworld.com/WCPTAM_SC

Peter1469
06-28-2015, 11:24 AM
She evolved when she saw how much in campaign contributions she was passing up.

:shocked:

zelmo1234
06-28-2015, 01:43 PM

I actually agree with this 100%, the problem is the liberal democrats will just put the no welfare and unemployment. Can we throw them in jail too!

Because of the bleeding hearts and the greed pricks that hire them, we need to keep them out. Plus there is a lot of other nasty crap that comes across the border.

But we also need to get them off public assistance, and toss the business owners in the slammer as well

zelmo1234
06-28-2015, 01:48 PM
That was back then where nowhere near 63% of Americans supported Same-Sex Marriage. Of course she was speaking for many constituents of the time who believed that way. But she has evolved on this issue as more facts have become present on the overwhelming acceptance of Gay Marriage in this country along with the recent SCOTUS ruling and I highly commend her for that. To see what America now accepts and not be "with it" would show me a Hillary who was unwilling to change.

This is Hillary now on Same-Sex Marriage. Woo-Hoo!

http://www.bilerico.com/2015/06/hillary_clinton_releases_new_campaign_video_equal. php

==============================
------------------------------------------------------
WCPT Radio, Chicago
http://8663.live.streamtheworld.com/WCPTAM_SC

Yes that Evolution used to be called Flip flopping! Listen to the speech again and tell me if you really thing those deeply held convictions could be changed or if she is just full of BS.

It this court decision does what I think it will and the country is against this by November of 2016, I suspect she will evolve again. That is not what I am looking for in a president

maineman
06-28-2015, 05:42 PM
I actually agree with this 100%, the problem is the liberal democrats will just put the no welfare and unemployment. Can we throw them in jail too!

Because of the bleeding hearts and the greed pricks that hire them, we need to keep them out. Plus there is a lot of other nasty crap that comes across the border.

But we also need to get them off public assistance, and toss the business owners in the slammer as well

can you document how much of a problem, if any, there s with Mexicans receiving welfare or unemployment benefits? and can you document enough of this supposed "nasty crap" coming across the border to justify putting a multi-billion dollar fence to curtail it?

Peter1469
06-28-2015, 06:12 PM
We can use blimps with the high tech spy neat stuff and armed drones to protect the border at a fraction of the cost of a wall.

Peter1469
06-28-2015, 06:15 PM
We can use blimps with the high tech spy neat stuff and armed drones to protect the border at a fraction of the cost of a wall.

That was my advice to some very high ranking gov types in 2006. They laughed at me and stuck with the wall plan. Still no wall....

PolWatch
06-28-2015, 06:17 PM
the blimps would probably be too effective....it would cut off the supply of cheap, illegal labor.

Captain Obvious
06-28-2015, 06:20 PM
That was my advice to some very high ranking gov types in 2006. They laughed at me and stuck with the wall plan. Still no wall....

They laughed at former Pittsburgh mayor Sophie Masloff for moving the July 4th official holiday to the day before to save hundreds of thousands of OT, now everyone does it.

Ideas never become truly great until they're once ridiculed.

Bob
06-28-2015, 06:20 PM

Very valuable contribution. Bet Democrats hate it. That will be a lot of blimps and it is possible they send a message that tells the illegals, stay the hell out.

Bob
06-28-2015, 06:29 PM
Posters on the left call for punishment vis a vis employers. They never call for prison time for the illegals.

http://www.fairus.org/issue/employer-sanctions

The following are a small sample to show the Feds lock em up.

The information below is taken from news sources. Each party in the report either confessed or was convicted of hiring illegal immigrants. These cases are listed to illustrate the widespread abuse and recently increasing prosecution of companies employing illegal aliens.

June 2015 — Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) reported that Broetje Orchards in Walla Walla (Eastern Washington) agreed to pay a $2.25 million dollar penalty for the continued employment of 950 illegal alien workers. This was said to be one of the largest fines ever to an agricultural employer. In an audit in 2012, Broetje was notified by ICE following a 2012 audit that it had a suspected 1,700 illegal aliens on the payroll. The firm actively lobbied Congress for adoption of an amnesty for illegal aliens so that it would be able to retain its illegal alien agricultural workers. (The Wall Street Journal, June 3, 2015)

April 2015 — Farrukh Baig, who employed at least 50 illegal aliens at his 7-Eleven franchises, was sentenced to seven years in prison in New York. He pled guilty to committing wire fraud and concealing and harboring immigrants. He provided fake Social Security numbers to his employees by stealing them from minors and deceased persons. In addition, Baig also loses franchise rights to his 10 stores in New York and four stores in Virginia, as well as five houses in New York worth $1.3 million and has to pay $2.5 million in restitution for back wages to his workers. Also charged with the fraud were his wife and two brothers.(law360.com, April 27, 2015)

March 2015 — Munir Ahmad Chaudary, the owner of a hotel in Kansas, was sentenced to 27 months in federal prison for knowingly hiring illegal aliens. His sentencing followed the sentencing of his wife to 21 months imprisonment. They both had pled guilty to "conspiracy to harbor undocumented aliens for financial gain." Earlier two other management employees of the hotel were also convicted. (Topeka Capital Journal, March 9, 2015)

February 2014 — The owner of Winterscapes LLC, Stanley Porter, pled guilty to visa fraud and money laundering in connection with getting visas for H-2B temporary workers. His North Carolina operation obtained visas under false pretentions and made the foreign workers available to other firms. He was sentenced to one year in prison and a $100,000 fine. (Washington Post, February 20, 2014)

January 2014 — The owner of Williams Brothers Roofing and Siding Co. in Dayton Ohio pled guilty to conspiracy of recruiting, transporting and using illegal immigrant workers from Mexico, falsifying documents and wire fraud. Gregory Oldiges will get between 24 to 57 months imprisonment and forfeit more than $2 million in cash, a $500,000 house and his pickup. (The Dayton Daily News, January 7, 2014)

November 2013 — A chain of Phoenix car wash outlets that employed 1.900 persons was investigated over a two-year period and found to be employing illegal aliens with the knowledge of outlet managers. So far 11 of 14 worksite managers have pled guilty. Seven have testified that they were ordered to rehire workers who had been fired after an investigation established that they had used false documents to get the job. (Associated Press, November 18, 2013, and January 13, 2014)

September 2013 — IBM agreed to pay $44,400 in civil penalties to settle charges that certain of its online job postings preferred foreign workers with temporary work visas over U.S. citizens, the U.S. Department of Justice said. IBM had placed certain online job postings for application and software developers that contained citizenship status preferences for F-1 and H-1B temporary visa holders, the Justice Department said in a notification posted on its website late on Friday. The Justice Department said the job ads violated the anti-discrimination provision of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), which states employers may not discriminate on the basis of citizenship status "unless required to comply with law, regulation, executive order or government contract." (Reuters, September 30, 2013)

September 2013 — Three persons were convicted of hiring illegal aliens to work at a restaurant in Oskaloosa, Iowa and for tax fraud. They were sentenced to two years’ probation and fines of more than $15,000. The three were Ali Bayram, Fikret Bayram, and Ali Sengul. The Bayrams, who also operated a restaurant in Pella, Iowa, were additionally charged with $10,000 fines. (Des Moines Register, September 25, 2013)

September 2013 — A Chinese immigrant pled guilty in Iowa to knowingly employing illegal aliens at the Hibachi Sushi Buffet restaurant in Waterloo. He faces a penalty of 10 years imprisonment and a fine of $250,000 as well as eventual deportation. (AP September 18, 2013)

April 2013 — Rama Putra, a Pennsylvania resident, was convicted of operating an illegal alien employment business. He was sentenced to one year in prison and faces deportation upon release. His company, "H&Y Staffing Inc." provided dozens of illegal temporary employees to businesses in the Scranton area. (ICE News Release, April 26, 2013)

March 2013 — Brothers Hector and Guillermo Fuentes, owners of three restaurants in Waterville, Maine were convicted of conspiracy to harbor undocumented aliens for profit as well as aiding and abetting document fraud. About 12 illegal aliens were found working in the three restaurants and the owners helped them obtain fake ‘green cards’ and Social Security cards. They face up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine on each count and forfeiture of the gross proceeds of the violations. (Morning Sentinel, March 18, 2013)