PDA

View Full Version : Is the bible the law of the land? Nope.

Lineman
06-29-2015, 11:04 PM
No one has ever said or suggested or ruled that individuals may not exercise their religious beliefs. God has never been "taken out of" anything or any place. Show where churches are monitored, or their hours have been limited, or their beliefs proscribed -- show where the religious freedom of any individual has been damaged anywhere in this, the freest country in the world when it comes to expressing one's religious beliefs.

On the other hand, religion has been used to keep individuals from exercising their rights under the Constitution for generations. And now the highest Court says that cannot continue, and what do some Christians do but say the End of the World is coming because they can no longer force their beliefs on others through enactment of freedom-destroying law.

zelmo1234
06-29-2015, 11:08 PM
No one has ever said or suggested or ruled that individuals may not exercise their religious beliefs. God has never been "taken out of" anything or any place. Show where churches are monitored, or their hours have been limited, or their beliefs proscribed -- show where the religious freedom of any individual has been damaged anywhere in this, the freest country in the world when it comes to expressing one's religious beliefs.

On the other hand, religion has been used to keep individuals from exercising their rights under the Constitution for generations. And now the highest Court says that cannot continue, and what do some Christians do but say the End of the World is coming because they can no longer force their beliefs on others through enactment of freedom-destroying law.

Really so do you think it would be OK if a group of students got together in school and said a prayer before lunch? What about passing Christmas card out to their class mates would that be OK? How about a group of people putting up a decoration in their government office that say Merry Christmas? would that be OK

How about, I ma really sorry Mr. Jones but my religion tells me that marriage is between one man and one women, so I would hope you will understand why I can't bake our wedding cake?

Dr. Who
06-29-2015, 11:23 PM
Really so do you think it would be OK if a group of students got together in school and said a prayer before lunch? What about passing Christmas card out to their class mates would that be OK? How about a group of people putting up a decoration in their government office that say Merry Christmas? would that be OK

How about, I ma really sorry Mr. Jones but my religion tells me that marriage is between one man and one women, so I would hope you will understand why I can't bake our wedding cake?
Do schools really prohibit students from praying or giving Christmas cards to their friends? I think not. They may interfere with biblical proselytizing on school grounds.

zelmo1234
06-29-2015, 11:39 PM
Do schools really prohibit students from praying or giving Christmas cards to their friends? I think not. They may interfere with biblical proselytizing on school grounds.

The answer to that is YES, and if you watch the news it happens a lot, They of course can't have Christmas trees or anything in the school that says it. And just go in and say Merry Christmas, some will tell you that you have to use happy holiday's right to your face, upon which I reply Merry Christmas

Lineman
06-29-2015, 11:40 PM
Who is being denied the opportunity to conduct these activities at a church or in their homes?

zelmo1234
06-29-2015, 11:44 PM
Who is being denied the opportunity to conduct these activities at a church or in their homes?

The constitution does not say I only have the right to do it at my home or in a church? does it?

Dr. Who
06-29-2015, 11:44 PM
The answer to that is YES, and if you watch the news it happens a lot, They of course can't have Christmas trees or anything in the school that says it. And just go in and say Merry Christmas, some will tell you that you have to use happy holiday's right to your face, upon which I reply Merry Christmas
The news often prints the cliff notes version of any situation, leaving out significant information which would make the story hum drum. The media loves to stir the pot.

zelmo1234
06-29-2015, 11:50 PM
The news often prints the cliff notes version of any situation, leaving out significant information which would make the story hum drum. The media loves to stir the pot.

I lived though it, I spent a lot of money every year so kids in my sons school would not have their first amendment rights violated.

I am sorry but the PC liberals that have infested many school system are out of control. they have no common sense anymore. But what happens is Christians are told to turn the other cheek and they just tend to let it slide. Those days must be over. If that takes the lamb turning into the lion, as happened during the crusades then that is what needs to happen, not in a violence sense but in the sense that they need to be the vocal majority that says enough

Dr. Who
06-30-2015, 12:05 AM
I lived though it, I spent a lot of money every year so kids in my sons school would not have their first amendment rights violated.

I am sorry but the PC liberals that have infested many school system are out of control. they have no common sense anymore. But what happens is Christians are told to turn the other cheek and they just tend to let it slide. Those days must be over. If that takes the lamb turning into the lion, as happened during the crusades then that is what needs to happen, not in a violence sense but in the sense that they need to be the vocal majority that says enough
I'm sorry if fringe nut jobs of the left persuasion are acting like hysterical mental patients in the school system. I don't countenance that sort of behavior. There is no need for it. I am of the belief that all children in schools should be able to celebrate their special religious days without fear that they are somehow infringing another's religious rights. The more joy the better.

Redrose
06-30-2015, 12:46 AM

Most definitetly they are prohibite. Two of my grandkids in a charter school in Florida absolutely cannot exchange Christmas/Easter cards or gifts with their classmates. They go to a non-denominational church and are very well aware of the Christmas and Easter Seasons. The boy, age 10, liked a girl in his class and bought a gift for her with a Christmas card. He was prevented from giving it to her, even after school on school property and was given an in school suspension for violating school rules. He couldn't even keep the gift and card in class, his mom was called to school to pick them up.

I think that stinks.

Dr. Who
06-30-2015, 12:57 AM
Most definitetly they are prohibite. Two of my grandkids in a charter school in Florida absolutely cannot exchange Christmas/Easter cards or gifts with their classmates. They go to a non-denominational church and are very well aware of the Christmas and Easter Seasons. The boy, age 10, liked a girl in his class and bought a gift for her with a Christmas card. He was prevented from giving it to her, even after school on school property and was given an in school suspension for violating school rules. He couldn't even keep the gift and card in class, his mom was called to school to pick them up.

I think that stinks.
I not only think it stinks, I think its unconstitutional. Are some people creating some sort of Nazi fascist societies in schools and if so they should be removed immediately. I can't give my friend a card on school grounds - that is just a human right's violation. Why isn't there a class action?

Redrose
06-30-2015, 01:19 AM
I not only think it stinks, I think its unconstitutional. Are some people creating some sort of Nazi fascist societies in schools and if so they should be removed immediately. I can't give my friend a card on school grounds - that is just a human right's violation. Why isn't there a class action?

The kids can't even wear red and green clothing at Christmas time. The do wear a uniform basically, tan slacks/skirts, navy slacks/skirts, white tops, navy tops, but some of the girls liked red and green ribbons in their hair, they were told no, it represents Christmas, they can't even have a secular reference to the season, like Santa, or Rudolph. It's getting sick.

I remember my own school days, and when my girls were in school, it was such a nice happy time, friendly, great memories. It's sickening now.

The school admins are so lame, so afraid of their own shadows. All they need is one SOB to complain about something and everybody else has to jump through hoops.

In one of the local public high schools, same area, a student was told to place her cross inside her blouse. Another student was OFFENDED by it. It was a Muslim student.

See where this is going?

It's total BS.

I've made enough concessions in my life. I will not see my religion attacked because of some narrow minded AH.

domer76
06-30-2015, 03:59 AM

Your church or religious organization can refuse. Your secular business can't.

domer76
06-30-2015, 04:05 AM

I think that stinks.

Hmmm. A charter school. Isn't that a special type of school that you apply to for admission? Almost a private school in that regard? One that is an optional school to attend? One that one selects and that selects its own students? One that has rules that you consent to follow going in when you apply and are accepted?

domer76
06-30-2015, 04:07 AM
The kids can't even wear red and green clothing at Christmas time. The do wear a uniform basically, tan slacks/skirts, navy slacks/skirts, white tops, navy tops, but some of the girls liked red and green ribbons in their hair, they were told no, it represents Christmas, they can't even have a secular reference to the season, like Santa, or Rudolph. It's getting sick.

I remember my own school days, and when my girls were in school, it was such a nice happy time, friendly, great memories. It's sickening now.

The school admins are so lame, so afraid of their own shadows. All they need is one SOB to complain about something and everybody else has to jump through hoops.

In one of the local public high schools, same area, a student was told to place her cross inside her blouse. Another student was OFFENDED by it. It was a Muslim student.

See where this is going?

It's total BS.

I've made enough concessions in my life. I will not see my religion attacked because of some narrow minded AH.

They should probably apply to a different charter school.

Lineman
06-30-2015, 09:27 AM
If a bunch of kids formed a group who performed satanic religious activities, of human sacrifice, bloodletting and such would the other religious students and parents be ok with it?

Religion in public schools is divisive, and can quickly escalate into violence. Thats a main reason there are choices of schools, or homeschooling for those who want their kids to be in a religious environmet at school.

Tahuyaman
06-30-2015, 09:31 AM
Is the bible the law of the land? Nope.No one has ever said or suggested or ruled that individuals may not exercise their religious beliefs. God has never been "taken out of" anything or any place. Show where churches are monitored, or their hours have been limited, or their beliefs proscribed -- show where the religious freedom of any individual has been damaged anywhere in this, the freest country in the world when it comes to expressing one's religious beliefs.

Has anyone ever claimed the bible is the law of the land? Nope.

Peter1469
06-30-2015, 09:35 AM
No smoking please. Straw man alert.

Tahuyaman
06-30-2015, 09:39 AM
No smoking please. Straw man alert.

Could you expand on that?

Mister D
06-30-2015, 10:06 AM
When has religion been used to stop people from exercising their rights?,

Mister D
06-30-2015, 10:07 AM
Has anyone ever claimed the bible is the law of the land? Nope.

Well, yeah. That too.

Lineman
06-30-2015, 10:08 AM
Have you been watching the news?

Mister D
06-30-2015, 10:10 AM
Have you been watching the news?

If you don't know just say so.

Lineman
06-30-2015, 10:28 AM
The choice is available to find a school where the open practice of religion is an acceptable activity.

Mister D
06-30-2015, 10:30 AM
The choice is available to find a school where the open practice of religion is an acceptable activity.

Who are you arguing with?

Tahuyaman
06-30-2015, 10:31 AM
If a bunch of kids formed a group who performed satanic religious activities, of human sacrifice, bloodletting and such would the other religious students and parents be ok with it?

Religion in public schools is divisive, and can quickly escalate into violence. Thats a main reason there are choices of schools, or homeschooling for those who want their kids to be in a religious environmet at school.

doesn't human sacrifice involve murder?

Lineman
06-30-2015, 10:47 AM
FOX NEWS' Starnes tweeted: "If you thought the cultural purge over the Confederate flag was breathtaking -- wait until you see what LGBT activists do with Christians." He wrote on Facebook: "Friends, it is imperative that you prepare yourselves, your families and your congregations for the coming persecution ... These are troubling days - and we must be willing to defend religious liberty.*

Apparently the marriage equality act is somehow preventing the practice of religion?

Captain Obvious
06-30-2015, 10:50 AM
FOX NEWS' Starnes tweeted: "If you thought the cultural purge over the Confederate flag was breathtaking -- wait until you see what LGBT activists do with Christians." He wrote on Facebook: "Friends, it is imperative that you prepare yourselves, your families and your congregations for the coming persecution ... These are troubling days - and we must be willing to defend religious liberty.*

Apparently the marriage equality act is somehow preventing the practice of religion?

Correct, and people will start raping children everywhere too, don't forget that.

Lineman
06-30-2015, 11:34 AM
I guess I dont understand what all the hyperbolics, and screeching is about.

My wife and myself talked it over and we see no negative effects in our lives.