PDA

View Full Version : Democrats face big enthusiasm gap

PolWatch
06-30-2015, 07:21 AM
Surprise! The dem base is not excited about the potential candidate for 2016. While laughing about the number of GOP candidates they seem to have just noticed that their base is not leaping for joy. I have wondered if Hillary is the throw-away candidate. The dems realize that 2016 should be the year of the GOP so they are not putting a lot of effect into finding a better candidate.

'Democrats believe they have a winning agenda heading into the 2016 presidential election. And for the first time, the “base” of their party – unmarried women, people of color, and young voters – represents a majority of voting-eligible citizens, according to survey data released Monday.

But none of that matters if Democrats don’t turn out. As of now, 16 months before Election Day, that’s the challenge for them: The Democratic Party faces a big enthusiasm gap with the Republicans, according to a poll (http://www.democracycorps.com/National-Surveys/) sponsored by Democracy Corps and Women’s Voices Women Vote Action Fund.

Among Republicans, 67 percent reported the highest level of interest in the 2016 elections – rating it a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10 – compared with 52 percent of Democrats. Among the so-called rising American electorate (unmarried women, minorities, and Millennials), only 48 percent responded with a 10.

“Even though they’re giving the Democrats big numbers, their lack of enthusiasm is grounded in an analysis of the way the political system operates,” Democracy Corps founder Stan Greenberg told reporters Monday at a breakfast hosted by the Monitor.'

http://news.yahoo.com/poll-democrats-face-big-enthusiasm-gap-2016-174602161.html

Common Sense
06-30-2015, 07:23 AM
Well, to be fair, the Republicans have shown that it's a lot easier to bitch, scream, cry, freak out and generally piss your pants than it is to lead.

PolWatch
06-30-2015, 07:32 AM
Well, to be fair, the Republicans have shown that it's a lot easier to bitch, scream, cry, freak out and generally piss your pants than it is to lead.

I don't think I would describe it quite the same way....but it is easier to be against something. To be for something, you need a plan to achieve that goal. The repubs have focused so much of their energy in anti-ACA, anti-gay, anti-lots of stuff, many have not noticed they haven't really presented alternatives to the problems. They have been very successful in getting their base involved & excited. If they can focus that enthusiam to a plan instead of just generally complaining, they are way ahead in the race for 2016.

domer76
06-30-2015, 07:35 AM
The best thing the Democrats have going for them, just as they have in the last two election cycles, is the Republican candidate.

Common Sense
06-30-2015, 07:36 AM
I don't think I would describe it quite the same way....but it is easier to be against something. To be for something, you need a plan to achieve that goal. The repubs have focused so much of their energy in anti-ACA, anti-gay, anti-lots of stuff, many have not noticed they haven't really presented alternatives to the problems. They have been very successful in getting their base involved & excited. If they can focus that enthusiam to a plan instead of just generally complaining, they are way ahead in the race for 2016.

It is true. It's easier to get people riled up by being against something, that's for sure.

They are being pretty dramatic about it as usual. Ted Cruz said that the last few days have been the darkest in all American history or some nonsense like that....

People eat it up. Fear and hatred are strong motivators.

Peter1469
06-30-2015, 08:09 AM
The best thing the Democrats have going for them, just as they have in the last two election cycles, is the Republican candidate.

Right - the GOP nominates libs.

midcan5
06-30-2015, 08:14 AM
So much change has rattled the reality of the times. Hard to even imagine healthcare reform, same sex marriage etc etc not so long ago. Maybe, just maybe, everyone is coming down from a high wanting rest after so many accomplishments. Barack Obama won on a platform of hope and change, now it's time to sit back and enjoy. Job done as well as possible.

Peter1469
06-30-2015, 08:52 AM
lol

Peter1469
06-30-2015, 08:53 AM
lol

Obamacare / SCOTUS care is a subsidy based program in a nation that has over $18T in official debt.

It is sunk.

Cigar
06-30-2015, 09:40 AM
NO Drama = NO Enthusiasm = REAL ISSUES

Let's get back to Work

Tahuyaman
06-30-2015, 09:51 AM
I'll bet that resonates with some. Of course they are idiots, but.......

domer76
06-30-2015, 09:54 AM
Right - the GOP nominates libs.

That only ensured a closer defeat.

Tricia
06-30-2015, 10:05 AM
Honestly, I'm not "enthusiastic" over any of the GOP candidates. I'll turn out to vote, most probably, but I'm underwhelmed so far with the selection.

maineman
06-30-2015, 10:06 AM
I think they should pick Trump. Think of the Hispanic turnout!

Bob
06-30-2015, 11:41 AM
It is true. It's easier to get people riled up by being against something, that's for sure.

They are being pretty dramatic about it as usual. Ted Cruz said that the last few days have been the darkest in all American history or some nonsense like that....

People eat it up. Fear and hatred are strong motivators.

How do you think Obama managed to win both times? Even today, he is ultra divisive. Never stops blaming republicans.