PDA

View Full Version : Banned From Pride For Being a Gay Libertarian

Chris
06-30-2015, 11:12 AM
Oh the irony!

‘Banned From Pride For Being a Gay Libertarian’: Right to Marry Clashes With Right to Carry at Gay Pride Event (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/06/23/banned-from-pride-for-being-a-gay-libertarian-right-to-marry-clashes-with-right-to-carry-at-gay-pride-event/)

The right to marry clashed with the right to carry over the weekend in Olympia, Washington, when members of the state’s Libertarian Party were barred from a gay pride event because of their support for the Second Amendment.

Last weekend marked the 25th anniversary of the Capital City Pride festival in the Evergreen State, and the Libertarian Party of Washington planned to attend the festival and man a booth — just like in the years past. However, when an attendee called the event’s organizers to ask if open carry would be allowed throughout the festival, the libertarians suddenly found themselves barred from the festivities.

James Holcomb, a Libertarian Party of Washington member, said in an interview with TheBlaze that the friction between the organizers and the libertarians began when he inquired if open carry would be permitted during the festival. Holcomb said he knew some members regularly carry their firearms and wanted to ensure it would be OK.

http://i.snag.gy/6BUEN.jpg

It wasn’t, and that was that — or so Holcomb thought.

In a voicemail to Holcomb, Capital City Pride chairwoman Anna Schlecht accused the libertarians of attempting to “play games” with her.

“Your booth and your participation is hereby banned from Capital City Pride,” Schlecht said in the voicemail obtained by TheBlaze.

“By the power vested in me, as the chair, you are banned and you will never have a booth as long as I’m involved in Capital City Pride,” she said. “Don’t bother calling back. I’m very frustrated. I know y’all have a political agenda.”

Ravens Fan
06-30-2015, 11:14 AM
Wow. I wonder if this Schlecht person posts here?

Private Pickle
06-30-2015, 11:16 AM
Tolerance.

Cigar
06-30-2015, 11:17 AM
Get a Lawyer, everyone else does

Cigar
06-30-2015, 11:18 AM
Tolerance.

How about we match Tolerances ... One for One :grin: ... you Game?

Chris
06-30-2015, 11:19 AM

Yes. You first.

Captain Obvious
06-30-2015, 11:20 AM
Tolerance.

Welcome to fringe progress.

"Do as I say, not as I do".

And we wonder when black churches get shot up and gay people are discriminated against.

magicmike
06-30-2015, 11:21 AM
There's already been a shooting at a gay pride event in Washington. Keep your guns at home and quit whining.

Chris
06-30-2015, 11:21 AM
There's already been a shooting at a gay pride event in Washington. Keep your guns at home and quit whining.

More tolerance?

Chris
06-30-2015, 11:25 AM
Some of you intolerant folks need to read the entire story:

"Pole told TheBlaze that both he and Holcomb showed up to the event unarmed...."

Cigar
06-30-2015, 11:25 AM
Yes. You first.

You're Forgiven :grin:

TrueBlue
06-30-2015, 11:28 AM
There can be little doubt that with the atrocious killings that have happened recently in this country those who were sponsoring the pride event did not want to send the wrong message that guns, especially at this juncture, were being openly paraded and endorsed by their group, something that would have seriously detracted from the theme of the event.

Ravens Fan
06-30-2015, 11:29 AM

Shouldn't that be all the more reason to embrace the gay pride event members who can help protect the group?

Private Pickle
06-30-2015, 11:33 AM

No. I'm not "game". I'm a Constitutionalist.

Chris
06-30-2015, 11:34 AM
You're Forgiven :grin:

http://i.snag.gy/vvdRg.jpg

exotix
06-30-2015, 11:35 AM
Fake Libertarian shill.

Chris
06-30-2015, 11:36 AM
There can be little doubt that with the atrocious killings that have happened recently in this country those who were sponsoring the pride event did not want to send the wrong message that guns, especially at this juncture, were being openly paraded and endorsed by their group, something that would have seriously detracted from the theme of the event.

Another one who didn't read the story. The gay libertarians who were banned were not armed. More:

Pole told TheBlaze that both he and Holcomb showed up to the event unarmed, and that while the LPWA had discussed whether or not they wanted to promote gun rights in the booth this year, they ultimately decided against it long before the confrontation with Schlecht. Pole said LPWA members had been asked to show up to the festival unarmed.

“It just shows that the ultra-left who are mainly the organizers of these kinds of events, they aren’t really for everybody’s rights if it doesn’t suit their fancy,” Holcomb said. “They want to preach ‘we’re for everybody getting married and having civil rights,’ but it doesn’t go for everybody’s rights — just them.”

Cigar
No. I'm not "game". I'm a Constitutionalist.

I have to admit, watching the Right play victim over the last couple weeks is fun.

Chris
Fake Libertarian shill.

More tolerance.

Captain Obvious
06-30-2015, 11:37 AM
Shouldn't that be all the more reason to embrace the gay pride event members who can help protect the group?

With some people it's not about rights or freedoms or tolerance, it's about control, bitterness, passive aggression. Howie is cut from that cloth and to be honest it is really damaging for honest mainstream gays.

I don't have to tell you that I'm sure.

Chris
06-30-2015, 11:38 AM
I have to admit, watching the Right play victim over the last couple weeks is fun.

Right? No, libertarian:

http://i.snag.gy/p4CYK.jpg

Cigar
Fake Libertarian shill.

Lets see if the GOP rushes in for the rescue :laugh:

magicmike
More tolerance?

Actually it was in San Francisco and unrelated to the event. Probably just a couple of Libertarians trying to make trouble.

Cuz ya know the place to go for right wing unsubstantiated indignance is The Blaze!

Some of you intolerant folks need to read the entire story:

"Pole told TheBlaze that both he and Holcomb showed up to the event unarmed...."

Chris
06-30-2015, 11:41 AM
Actually it was in San Francisco and unrelated to the event. Probably just a couple of Libertarians trying to make trouble.

Cuz ya know the place to go for right wing unsubstantiated indignance is The Blaze!

They were unarmed when they were banned, magic. No getting around that.

exotix
06-30-2015, 11:41 AM
Lets see if the GOP rushes in for the rescue :laugh:Great campaign fodder ... I mean, what else do they have to tout ... LOL

Chris
06-30-2015, 11:42 AM
Lets see if the GOP rushes in for the rescue :laugh:

Libertarians neither want nor need the GOP.

Or the DNC.

Private Pickle
Must be a nice change from actually being a victim.

Ravens Fan

So did you have an answer????

The Xl
06-30-2015, 11:43 AM
This is where the liberals tell us how this situation is different.

magicmike
Right? No, libertarian:

But you claim not to be one! lol

Cigar
Must be a nice change from actually being a victim.

... yes it is ... I suppose :grin:

Captain Obvious
06-30-2015, 11:44 AM
This is where the liberals tell us how this situation is different.

Right.

Gays get cakes, trailer trash hicks don't.

Welcome to progressive America where freedom no longer frees you.

magicmike
06-30-2015, 11:45 AM
I can see RF at a gay pride picnic hiding in the WC and hanging her don't tread on me flag out the door.

The Xl
06-30-2015, 11:45 AM
Right.

Gays get cakes, trailer trash hicks don't.

Welcome to progressive America where freedom no longer frees you.

True. Some forms of bigotry and discrimination are okay, others are not, it all depends on if your viewpoints jive with the liberal PC machine.

Ravens Fan
06-30-2015, 11:47 AM
I can see RF at a gay pride picnic hiding in the WC and hanging her don't tread on me flag out the door.

You need new glasses (and lines).

Captain Obvious
06-30-2015, 11:48 AM
True. Some forms of bigotry and discrimination are okay, others are not, it all depends on if your viewpoints jive with the liberal PC machine.

This really is where liberal and conservative social issues IMO need to start being peeled back and libertarian concepts take over.

People like @Common Sense (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1085) believe in the concept of forced freedom but aren't sharp enough to realize that that's not freedom, it's still tyranny basically but with lipstick on.

Chris
06-30-2015, 11:50 AM
But you claim not to be one! lol

Howey, as you know, I am a libertarian not a Libertarian.

magicmike
06-30-2015, 11:51 AM
I'd think that given the sensitive butthurt nature of Libertarians since they weren't given all the credit of the SCOTUS ruling, I'd say it's wise to keep guns and Libertarians out of gay pride picnics.

magicmike
Howey, as you know, I am a libertarian not a Libertarian.

I'm not Howey Bob.

Chris

'pends whose ox is gored.

Chris
06-30-2015, 11:52 AM
I'm not Howey Bob.

You're not Howie Bob? OK.

Your argument was one of Howey's dumbest and most persistent.

Chris
06-30-2015, 11:54 AM
I'd think that given the sensitive butthurt nature of Libertarians since they weren't given all the credit of the SCOTUS ruling, I'd say it's wise to keep guns and Libertarians out of gay pride picnics.

They didn't bring guns to the parade. But love your tolerance. Kicking gays out of gay pride parades.

Ravens Fan
06-30-2015, 11:55 AM
They didn't bring guns to the parade. But love your tolerance. Kicking gays out of gay pride parades.

But they are not "real" gays... they don't follow in line.

Captain Obvious
06-30-2015, 11:56 AM

Yes, just like I'm a liberal or a RWNJ depending on who you ask.

:biglaugh:

Chris
06-30-2015, 11:56 AM

Where have we heard that line of intolerance before? Perchance from non-gay gay social justice warriors?

The Xl
06-30-2015, 11:57 AM

It's like blacks who don't fall in line and vote for liberals. They're all for you and your rights until you actually think and act for yourself, then they have no problem perpetrating on you the horrible bigotry and discrimination that they themselves are supposed to fight against.

magicmike
06-30-2015, 11:59 AM

What argument is that?

Adelaide
06-30-2015, 12:01 PM
If I were in charge of organizing a large event with large crowds, I don't know that I'd want people there that support and therefore probably concealed/open carry firearms. Crowds full of a group of people inolved in/following a controversial ruling by SCOTUS... probably best to limit the amount of guns floating around. I can kind of see why organizers would be uncomfortable with the idea.

Private Pickle
06-30-2015, 12:16 PM
... yes it is ... I suppose :grin:

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Cigar
06-30-2015, 12:18 PM
Enjoy it while it lasts.

Let guess, you're expecting thinks to go back to the way it was? :grin:

When has that ever happened :laugh:

Private Pickle
06-30-2015, 12:19 PM
Let guess, you're expecting thinks to go back to the way it was? :grin:

When has that ever happened :laugh:

It happens every day...

Chris
06-30-2015, 12:19 PM
If I were in charge of organizing a large event with large crowds, I don't know that I'd want people there that support and therefore probably concealed/open carry firearms. Crowds full of a group of people inolved in/following a controversial ruling by SCOTUS... probably best to limit the amount of guns floating around. I can kind of see why organizers would be uncomfortable with the idea.

Right, but the ones banned complied with the request they not carry, and were banned anyhow.

Cigar
06-30-2015, 12:20 PM

Wow ... Smart, imagine that.

Chris
06-30-2015, 12:20 PM
What argument is that?

That I'm not libertarian.

Cigar
06-30-2015, 12:21 PM
It happens every day...

No it doesn't ... but hey, whatever helps you feel comfortable :laugh:

midcan5
06-30-2015, 12:25 PM
Anyone recognize the irony here? Libertarians claim others have a right - liberty that is - to deny service, so then why the grip?

Captain Obvious
06-30-2015, 12:26 PM
Anyone recognize the irony here? Libertarians claim others have a right to deny service, so then why the grip?

In terms of the OP it's called "hypocrisy".

I know you progressives are incapable of understanding that concept so I won't bother explaining it.

Chris
06-30-2015, 12:34 PM
Anyone recognize the irony here? Libertarians claim others have a right - liberty that is - to deny service, so then why the grip?

Wrong thread again, midcan.

And if you would read the libertarian arguments they are about where to draw lines when rights clash.

Moreover, being served is not a right.

TrueBlue
06-30-2015, 12:35 PM

When speaking that way about Howey, a member who is presently not here and unable to defend his position, shouldn't you refrain from doing that? Otherwise, bring him back already so that he can rightfully defend what he may have been speaking about. That only makes prudent sense.

Private Pickle
06-30-2015, 12:51 PM
No it doesn't ... but hey, whatever helps you feel comfortable :laugh:

Take a look in the mirror. You've never changed.

Chris
06-30-2015, 01:01 PM

When speaking that way about Howey, a member who is presently not here and unable to defend his position, shouldn't you refrain from doing that? Otherwise, bring him back already so that he can rightfully defend what he may have been speaking about. That only makes prudent sense.

You will note I called his argument dumb, not him. There's a difference.

magicmike
06-30-2015, 05:09 PM
Right, but the ones banned complied with the request they not carry, and were banned anyhow.

Are you sure? Looks to me like he made the request and then showed up without his gun.

If his intention was to start shit, he succeeded.

magicmike
06-30-2015, 05:11 PM

Right? No, libertarian:

Thus explains my confusion.

Tahuyaman
06-30-2015, 05:28 PM

When?

Common Sense
06-30-2015, 05:30 PM
"Hey, do you mind if we bring guns to the pride parade?"

"No thanks"

"Intolerance!!!! Derp!!"

You can't make this shit up.

Tahuyaman
06-30-2015, 05:40 PM
I'm curious about this shooting at the gay pride event in Washington.

magicmike
06-30-2015, 05:42 PM

Learn to read.

donttread
06-30-2015, 05:42 PM
Oh the irony!

‘Banned From Pride For Being a Gay Libertarian’: Right to Marry Clashes With Right to Carry at Gay Pride Event (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/06/23/banned-from-pride-for-being-a-gay-libertarian-right-to-marry-clashes-with-right-to-carry-at-gay-pride-event/)

Ahhh tolerance, the world's original one way street

Tahuyaman
06-30-2015, 05:44 PM

Learn to read.

I suspect that this incident never happened.

magicmike
Turns out this guy was upset over a friend of his being gay bashed and wanted to carry at the picnic as protection. While I appreciate his concerns, I'm sure there was a police presence there.

https://m.facebook.com/lullabyinstatic?_rdr

magicmike

Learn to read.

Redrose
06-30-2015, 05:46 PM
We had two males come into church around Easter time. The were both obviously gay. One was dressed 'normal' golf shirt, shorts, beach flip flops. The other was 'flaming'. Tall, thin, frosted hair, rhinestone glasses, many beaded necklaces, earrings, painted nails, very short, tight shorts, and a female tank top.
He literally floated into church, giggling like a little girl would when tickled.

Everyone noticed, some smiled, some laughed, some looked horrified.

Mass went on as usual, and father was greating people as they exited church. Hubby and I are both ushers, and we were right next to father in the lobby. The two young men were leaving and father shook their hands and the 'flamboyant' one giggled again and slightly bent his knees and patted father on the cheek and said "you're cute" and did a puckered kiss to him. Father didn't look happy. The disrespect if nothing else was terrible.

Those two did nothing to help their cause. Some of the older men walked out to the parking lot with them. I don't know what was said.

Tahuyaman
06-30-2015, 05:46 PM
You see? This clown makes something up and then when confronted, he tries to spin away and put the onus on someone who called BS on his fictitious claim.

Safety
06-30-2015, 05:50 PM
Fake Libertarian shill.

You might have a point there, I mean, whenever someone at a Tea Party is making the group look bad, it's always denounced as a liberal shill. I wonder why it never works the other way.....

Green Arrow
06-30-2015, 05:52 PM

Howey's account isn't locked, he's free to come back any time he likes.

Tahuyaman
06-30-2015, 06:41 PM
Learn to read.

Does this mean you aren't going to comment on your fictitious story about a shooting at a gay pride even in Washington?

Tahuyaman
06-30-2015, 06:41 PM
Howey's account isn't locked, he's free to come back any time he likes.

Actually, he was, no is much smarter than many here.

Chris
06-30-2015, 06:46 PM
We had two males come into church around Easter time. The were both obviously gay. One was dressed 'normal' golf shirt, shorts, beach flip flops. The other was 'flaming'. Tall, thin, frosted hair, rhinestone glasses, many beaded necklaces, earrings, painted nails, very short, tight shorts, and a female tank top.
He literally floated into church, giggling like a little girl would when tickled.

Everyone noticed, some smiled, some laughed, some looked horrified.

Mass went on as usual, and father was greating people as they exited church. Hubby and I are both ushers, and we were right next to father in the lobby. The two young men were leaving and father shook their hands and the 'flamboyant' one giggled again and slightly bent his knees and patted father on the cheek and said "you're cute" and did a puckered kiss to him. Father didn't look happy. The disrespect if nothing else was terrible.

Those two did nothing to help their cause. Some of the older men walked out to the parking lot with them. I don't know what was said.

You don't get respect if you don't give it.

Redrose
06-30-2015, 08:19 PM
You don't get respect if you don't give it.

He shook their hands, as he did everyone else exiting church.

He showed them respect, they didn't to him.

Chris
06-30-2015, 08:21 PM
He shook their hands, as he did everyone else exiting church.

He showed them respect, they didn't to him.

The priest is a Christian is why.

I'm sure they got a good talking to outside.

Ethereal
07-02-2015, 03:15 PM
Thanks for standing up for our civil rights, libertarians. Allow us to return the favor by stomping on yours.

Tahuyaman
07-02-2015, 07:46 PM

When?

Learn to read.

Did you ever find proof of this shooting you claimed happened at a gay pride event in Washington?