PDA

View Full Version : Republicans encourage ignoring laws, USSC rulings

Lineman
07-01-2015, 05:40 PM
Interesting how liberals have been lectured for so long about the 'rule of law,' and now the Republican lecturers are calling for their sheep to ignnore any law they don't like. Every time a law was passed or a Supreme Court ruling was handed down that liberals didn't like, they were told to shut up and take it or leave ...

TrueBlue
07-01-2015, 05:57 PM
Interesting how liberals have been lectured for so long about the 'rule of law,' and now the Republican lecturers are calling for their sheep to ignnore any law they don't like. Every time a law was passed or a Supreme Court ruling was handed down that liberals didn't like, they were told to shut up and take it or leave ...
Well you know, with Republicans it's Do As I Say Not As I Do!

=============================
----------------------------------------------------------

Republicans have just one goal in mind: Go Against Gays. They are a Continuous One-Issue loser group.

gamewell45
07-01-2015, 06:06 PM

Can you supply a link to back up what you are maintaining? I'm curious as to who is saying this.

Lineman
07-01-2015, 06:24 PM
Texas and La Attorney Generals, FOX, hundreds of pundits...

Open youur eyes.

Chris
07-01-2015, 07:00 PM
Rule of law doesn't mean you follow laws because they're laws. It means everyone, from king to knave, president to people, follows the same rules.

gamewell45
07-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Texas and La Attorney Generals, FOX, hundreds of pundits...

Open youur eyes.

All I asked for was a link; you don't have to get an attitude with me ok?

Tahuyaman
07-01-2015, 07:05 PM
All during the Bush years, didn't liberals always tell us that disobeying an unjust law is the greatest way to demonstrate ones patriotism?

Did they suddenly change positions on that?

Tahuyaman
07-01-2015, 07:06 PM

Only the the left wing hacks can ask for a link. Of course they ask for a link only because you said "I disagree".

Cigar
07-01-2015, 07:08 PM
Rule of law doesn't mean you follow laws because they're laws. It means everyone, from king to knave, president to people, follow the same rules.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: I knew it

Cigar
07-01-2015, 07:09 PM
All during the Bush years, didn't liberals always tell us that disobeying an unjust law is the greatest way to demonstrate ones patriotism?

No that's a Lie, Republicans are the only ones who do this.

... and we know why :laugh:

http://jp1.r0tt.com/l_15835240-8570-11e1-91e8-0f635e200001.jpg

Chris
07-01-2015, 07:11 PM
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: I knew it

I don't think you understood what i said.

Chris
07-01-2015, 07:12 PM
All during the Bush years, didn't liberals always tell us that disobeying an unjust law is the greatest way to demonstrate ones patriotism? ...

Don't think you understood that either. Or are you saying liberals blindly follow unjust laws?

Cigar
07-01-2015, 07:14 PM
Don't think you understood that either. Or are you saying liberals blindly follow unjust laws?

No Liberals go to Jail for not following the Laws ... :rollseyes:

Tahuyaman
07-01-2015, 07:18 PM

really?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NJxmpTMGhU0

Chris
07-01-2015, 07:19 PM

Do you mean "No Liberals go to Jail for not following the Laws" or "No, Liberals go to Jail for not following the Laws"?

Tahuyaman
07-01-2015, 07:20 PM

Certainly not not in that shit hole chicago

Tahuyaman
07-01-2015, 07:25 PM
Lookie here...... From one of the liberal sources of news no less..... A Martin Luther King quote too......
Of course we all know he was a staunch Republican, right?

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/longform/2014/10/mlk_s_letter_from_a_birmingham_jail_and_other_grea t_open_letters.html

“One Has a Moral Responsibility to Disobey Unjust Laws”

Tahuyaman
07-01-2015, 07:30 PM
I like making liberal's look silly.

del
07-01-2015, 07:39 PM
when do you plan on starting?

domer76
07-01-2015, 07:51 PM

Nope

domer76
07-01-2015, 07:52 PM
Lookie here...... From one of the liberal sources of news no less..... A Martin Luther King quote too......
Of course we all know he was a staunch Republican, right?

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/longform/2014/10/mlk_s_letter_from_a_birmingham_jail_and_other_grea t_open_letters.html

“One Has a Moral Responsibility to Disobey Unjust Laws”

Which unjust law would you be referring to?

Tahuyaman
07-01-2015, 08:03 PM
Which unjust law would you be referring to?

I wasn't Referring any. Martin Luther King was.

The point is that some hack said that it's Republicans who advocate disregarding laws they believe are unjust. I just proved otherwise. That's all.

Tahuyaman
07-01-2015, 08:07 PM

Nope

So is the thread title illegit or not?

Tahuyaman
07-01-2015, 08:35 PM
Crickets.......

zelmo1234
07-01-2015, 08:41 PM

You did not get your link either.

And the TX attn. General did not say that Gays could not get married in TX. What he did say is if you have a religious belief that does not agree with this (which just happens to be your first amendment right) That you personally do not have to issue the license or preform the ceremony

nobody is stopping gays from getting married in TX

But the LGBT are trying to prevent people form having the first amendment right to practice their religion as they see fit. And that is not tolerance.

zelmo1234
07-01-2015, 08:44 PM

Explain then why Mrs. Clinton did not comply with the law and why the left is totally OK with this?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/state-dept-admits-hillary-did-not-turn-over-all-emails-gowdy-calls-news-troubling/article/2567084

Lineman
07-01-2015, 10:17 PM
You did not get your link either.

And the TX attn. General did not say that Gays could not get married in TX. What he did say is if you have a religious belief that does not agree with this (which just happens to be your first amendment right) That you personally do not have to issue the license or preform the ceremony

nobody is stopping gays from getting married in TX

But the LGBT are trying to prevent people form having the first amendment right to practice their religion as they see fit. And that is not tolerance.

As they see fit?

How are LGBT trying to prevent anything related to religion or anything else??

Tahuyaman
07-01-2015, 10:25 PM

Aren't they trying to criminalize people living by certain tenants of their religious faith?

Aren't they trying to force churches to conduct marriage ceremonies which are contradictory to the principles of the faith they represent?

I don't expect an honest answer to those questions

Tahuyaman
07-01-2015, 10:29 PM
Explain then why Mrs. Clinton did not comply with the law and why the left is totally OK with this?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/state-dept-admits-hillary-did-not-turn-over-all-emails-gowdy-calls-news-troubling/article/2567084

She didn't comply because in her mind she is above the law. Laws are meant to control the serfs in our society.

The left is OK with that because partisanship takes priority over everything, period.

zelmo1234
07-01-2015, 10:31 PM
As they see fit?

Do you think that it would be OK if you had to go to a different office to get your marriage license because my religion caused me to believe that the marriage of a man and a man was a sin. Or would you force me to issue the license?

Lineman
07-01-2015, 10:36 PM
SHOW ME.

I dont cotton to mealy mouth republicans just saying sht and therefore that makes it true.

The bible isnt the code of conduct for Merika, fool.

Aren't they trying to criminalize people living by certain tenants of their religious faith?

Aren't they trying to force churches to conduct marriage ceremonies which are contradictory to the principles of the faith they represent?

I don't expect an honest answer to those questions

Tahuyaman
07-01-2015, 10:43 PM
SHOW ME.

I dont cotton to mealy mouth republicans just saying sht and therefore that makes it true.

The bible isnt the code of conduct for Merika, fool.

Are you trying to claim that there are no Christian churches which oppose same sex marriage and do not want to conduct homosexual marriages, or are you claiming that these Christian churches only exist in America?

Do you think the vatican agrees with you on that?

Tahuyaman
07-01-2015, 10:46 PM
Just as I predicted. I won't get an honest answer.

Lineman
07-01-2015, 10:50 PM

Theyve been given equal footing under the law, and the religious right act like the end times are here.

zelmo1234
07-01-2015, 10:54 PM

Theyve been given equal footing under the law, and the religious right act like the end times are here.

Before we answer anymore of your questions? you need to answer ours

Would you force someone to act against there faith our do you think that it is OK to have to go to another baker, photographer, or Government office to respect others religious views?

Lineman
07-01-2015, 11:02 PM
You already have a USSC ruling that addresses this.... Hobby Lobby.

Neither the Christian or any other religion should be incorporated into any part of government at any level. But some Christians think it should, because for a long time it was -- and in violation of the Establishment clause. Now they're righting things, and these people interpret it as their religion being taken from them. And again, the irony is that for a very long time, these same people used religion for political purposes, to tell others whom they could marry and plenty of other stuff.

Would you force someone to act against there faith our do you think that it is OK to have to go to another baker, photographer, or Government office to respect others religious views?

zelmo1234
07-01-2015, 11:33 PM

Neither the Christian or any other religion should be incorporated into any part of government at any level. But some Christians think it should, because for a long time it was -- and in violation of the Establishment clause. Now they're righting things, and these people interpret it as their religion being taken from them. And again, the irony is that for a very long time, these same people used religion for political purposes, to tell others whom they could marry and plenty of other stuff.

Actually the Hobby Lobby ruling was that you did not have to leave your religion behind when you went to work. t,hey ruled in favor of hobby lobby.

The government is in fact a place of business, and the gay couples are not being denying but forced to use a different employee. It is quite clear that you would force others to act against their religious freedoms.

I would not choose that path. In the long run it will turn people against the LGBT community. for example in MI there likely will no longer be marriage licenses and NO government employee will be permitted to be involved in any marriage. This is in a state that likely would have voted for Gay marriage in a few years.

I just think it is sad that people that fought for their rights are so quick to dismiss the rights of others. And thus I am not likely to feel bad when the repercussion of this come their way.

Tahuyaman
07-02-2015, 12:08 AM

Unknowingly you just made an argument against your side and supported his point.

donttread
07-02-2015, 06:34 AM

People ans states should ignore laws that are unconstitutional which is different from ignoring laws you don't like

Tahuyaman
07-02-2015, 03:00 PM

his question is nonsensical.

They aren't trying to prevent anything relevant to religion, they are trying to impose thier own values on those people of faith who oppose their cause based on the tenets of their faith.