PDA

View Full Version : Lets play a game?

zelmo1234
07-01-2015, 09:00 PM
How can a person that can afford this actually represent the people?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L5hn5B8TYI

zelmo1234
07-01-2015, 09:03 PM
A women of the people????? A Champion of the people?

How long will you fall for this shit!

Tahuyaman
07-01-2015, 09:07 PM
She has hefty enough thighs to be considered "women". One woman is not quite so stout.

Adelaide
07-01-2015, 09:23 PM
Anybody with a brain knows the Clintons are well off. Extremely well off. It makes sense to invest it in real estate (sometimes - I wouldn't suggest it in Canada right now since we're due for a crash). The people who think she's a poor person who will represent poor people are idiots who know nothing about her, her speaking fees, so forth. Her wealth doesn't mean that she can't represent poor people, or that she can't relate to them, at least not any more or less than with other candidates. If you want to go into politics into the US you have to have the money. A poor person or middle-class person can not realistically actually start/run a campaign. No fucking way. That's one of the many problems with the US elections.

zelmo1234
07-01-2015, 09:24 PM
She has hefty enough thighs to be considered "women". One woman is not quite so stout.

Really? Why? either think before you speak or don't speak! There are plenty of great reasons to not support Hillary for President. Her looks have nothing to do with it.

I just post how phony she is and you follow up with this stupidity?

Tahuyaman
07-01-2015, 09:27 PM
Really? Why? either think before you speak or don't speak! There are plenty of great reasons to not support Hillary for President. Her looks have nothing to do with it.

I just post how phony she is and you follow up with this stupidity?

Huh?

zelmo1234
07-01-2015, 09:30 PM
Huh?

Exactly!

Tahuyaman
07-01-2015, 09:31 PM
Exactly!

You are giving credence to the silly notion that conservatives have no sense of humor.

zelmo1234
07-01-2015, 09:33 PM
Anybody with a brain knows the Clintons are well off. Extremely well off. It makes sense to invest it in real estate (sometimes - I wouldn't suggest it in Canada right now since we're due for a crash). The people who think she's a poor person who will represent poor people are idiots who know nothing about her, her speaking fees, so forth. Her wealth doesn't mean that she can't represent poor people, or that she can't relate to them, at least not any more or less than with other candidates. If you want to go into politics into the US you have to have the money. A poor person or middle-class person can not realistically actually start/run a campaign. No $#@!ing way. That's one of the many problems with the US elections.

Yes but there are very few that openly lie as much as the Clintons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnv6LC89W-0

Tahuyaman
07-01-2015, 09:33 PM
Anybody with a brain knows the Clintons are well off. Extremely well off.

So then why does the media ignore it with her, but go after Marco Rubio for buying a ski boat?

zelmo1234
07-01-2015, 09:34 PM
And If you listen to her last statement "I thought that making speeches was better than getting connected to one company" Remember this is the women that would do political favors for countries after they donated to the Clinton foundation

zelmo1234
07-01-2015, 09:35 PM
So then why does the media ignore it with her, but go after Marco Rubio for buying a ski boat?

Because he is an EVIL republican and she is a woman of the people :)

Tahuyaman
07-01-2015, 09:36 PM
Oops, I stand corrected. A fishing boat.

southwest88
07-01-2015, 09:37 PM
Anybody with a brain knows the Clintons are well off. Extremely well off. It makes sense to invest it in real estate (sometimes - I wouldn't suggest it in Canada right now since we're due for a crash). The people who think she's a poor person who will represent poor people are idiots who know nothing about her, her speaking fees, so forth. Her wealth doesn't mean that she can't represent poor people, or that she can't relate to them, at least not any more or less than with other candidates. If you want to go into politics into the US you have to have the money. A poor person or middle-class person can not realistically actually start/run a campaign. No $#@!ing way. That's one of the many problems with the US elections.

Yes, with the proviso that the would-be candidate under the current system has to be able to raise impressive amounts of money, @ least. Which scales up from local municipal & state races to astronomical amounts for federal representative, senate & president & vice-president. There's the staff, travel, the back-office operations, writers, consultants, various expertise, comms, strategic & tactical planning, clipping services, IT, & on & on. Yah, I think we could get better candidates if the campaign season were shortened & there were less emphasis on raising money - if state or federal government guaranteed TV time & print ads & etc. for the top two or three candidates per slot.

Personally, I'd prefer the candidates debated each other directly, without pre-prepared questions coming from friendly or even neutral parties. More on the plan of last man (or woman) standing, as it were. If someone's going to crack under pressure, better it happen in front of the cameras, when the well-being of the country is not on the line. If someone blows up & can't take the heat, well, that's important to know.

Adelaide
07-01-2015, 09:43 PM

Because most of the media is slanted towards the left (Well, to the Democrats, anyways). I'm practically a fucking communist and I know that the US media is slanted. That doesn't make Fox News fair, don't misunderstand me there, but it makes most/all the other major outlets clearly catering to Democrats. They're still equal opportunity haters that will point out when Obama goes golfing, but they will actively seek out stories that make certain people or groups look bad, specifically during election seasons. That's a given.

But you also have to remember that both Bill and Hillary Clinton did have fairly normal or middle-class upbringings where they relied on scholarships and such for their 'fancy' educations. That really does matter. That IS something people can relate to, and vice versa. I'm sure there are other candidates where the story is similar, and then there are some where clearly it's not. To be honest, if/when I have children I almost hope that they have to get scholarships, aid and work to achieve things like an education. I think that's how you really build responsibility and learn independence.

I'm never going to disagree with the media being quite biased. I also think they make a lot of situations worse through sensationalism. Well, selective sensationalism.

Chris
07-01-2015, 09:44 PM
Hillary, top 0.1%. A woman of the little man.

Safety
07-01-2015, 09:45 PM
Huh?

It's called "getting called out" you should be used to it by now.

Safety
07-01-2015, 09:46 PM
You are giving credence to the silly notion that conservatives have no sense of humor.

Didn't see anyone laughing when you said it, so....

zelmo1234
07-01-2015, 09:47 PM
Hillary, top 0.1%. A woman of the little man.

I am sure that Common will clear this up for us

Tahuyaman
07-01-2015, 10:05 PM
Didn't see anyone laughing when you said it, so....

Since when did you become an authority on what is considered humor? In case you never noticed, this is an Internet message board. You won't see anyone laugh here.

Safety
07-01-2015, 10:24 PM
Since when did you become an authority on what is considered humor? In case you never noticed, this is an Internet message board. You won't see anyone laugh here.

Wow, that was deep. /sarcasm

Redrose
07-01-2015, 10:27 PM
How can a person that can afford this actually represent the people?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L5hn5B8TYI

Some folks are too stupid for words. Marco Rubio? He the poorest of them all. A working class politician.

Old Hill is in it for herself. She's a 1%er who doesn't give a rats pitutty for anyone but herself. She'd sell Bill if she thought she'd get some political gain from doing so.

Tahuyaman
07-01-2015, 10:31 PM

Wow, that was deep. /sarcasm

I can always count on you to validate my comments.

Tahuyaman
07-01-2015, 10:33 PM
Some folks are too stupid for words. Marco Rubio? He the poorest of them all. A working class politician.

But, but....He bought a brand new fishing boat. If he was a true working class guy he would have bought a used one.

Lineman
07-01-2015, 11:13 PM
LAFFIN AGAIN.....

Republican dogma is run over by a big kharma.... AGAIN.

Yall were fine with a Morman billionaire for president just a couple years ago. And ya seem to be again, ...Trump the chump.

Too funny!

zelmo1234
07-01-2015, 11:19 PM
LAFFIN AGAIN.....

Republican dogma is run over by a big kharma.... AGAIN.

Yall were fine with a Morman billionaire for president just a couple years ago. And ya seem to be again, ...Trump the chump.

Too funny!

Actually because the OP is mine I am not for Trump though I want him to make the debates because it will be funny. and I did not vote for Romney, not because he was rich, but because he would have made a terrible president.

What I am pointing out is yet again you on the left will overlook outright lies but this woman, just because she is believed to be the only chance.

If you will be honest, and we know that will be very hard for you. you would not have put Clinton's name on any of those homes and they are all hers! She is a .001%er and has lived in the public sector here entire life. she has NO idea what the struggles of the poor are, has NO credibility

You fall for the evolution on even the gay rights issue. How can you trust a person like this? it is beyond me.

Redrose
07-02-2015, 01:32 AM
But, but....He bought a brand new fishing boat. If he was a true working class guy he would have bought a used one.

Darn, that changes everything, a NEW boat. WOW! Yep, he's a 1%er for sure.

Poor Hillary and Bill they are soooo poor. They are poor because Rubio is wealthy. That's the left's mantra isn't it?

Tahuyaman
07-02-2015, 08:19 AM
I'll bet Bill and Hillary never bought a new fishing boat?

midcan5
07-02-2015, 08:57 AM
The irony of this BS astounds. Americans worship money, should I repeat that, Americans worship money. Surely you've heard about taxes and things? Given that, Hillary should be the first choice for Americans. Of course I am being factious but only slightly so. Come back when you can find a real reason for the best candidate, there's a tough game.

zelmo1234
07-02-2015, 09:02 AM
The irony of this BS astounds. Americans worship money, should I repeat that, Americans worship money. Surely you've heard about taxes and things? Given that, Hillary should be the first choice for Americans. Of course I am being factious but only slightly so. Come back when you can find a real reason for the best candidate, there's a tough game.

The Republicans have 3 Gov's that will be in the race that turned around their states. Cut Billion dollars deficits, passed balanced budget amendments, dramatically lowered unemployment rates, increased their states GDP and wages Perry, Walker and Kashic

What has Hillary accomplished for this country?

The Sage of Main Street
07-02-2015, 11:39 AM
But you also have to remember that both Bill and Hillary Clinton did have fairly normal or middle-class upbringings where they relied on scholarships and such for their 'fancy' educations. That really does matter. That IS something people can relate to, and vice versa. I'm sure there are other candidates where the story is similar, and then there are some where clearly it's not.

. Hillary's father and Bill's mother both made the equivalent of $300,000 a year in today's money. The children of the rich must be cut off at age 18 from their parents' money and connections. They must be told what their fatcat parents tell everybody else, "Work your way through college. If you can't stand living like that, join the Army."

Otherwise, this class has no right to exist. If they have a future, the rest of us don't.

zelmo1234
07-02-2015, 11:50 AM
Hillary's father and Bill's mother both made the equivalent of $300,000 a year in today's money. The children of the rich must be cut off at age 18 from their parents' money and connections. They must be told what their fatcat parents tell everybody else, "Work your way through college. If you can't stand living like that, join the Army."

Otherwise, this class has no right to exist. If they have a future, the rest of us don't.

How did they keep you from becoming successful again? I forgot?