PDA

View Full Version : What does it mean about a country when it's election issues never seem to change?

donttread
07-02-2015, 02:40 PM
IMHO, it means it's a country with a non-functional government. I mean how many elections in a row can the main issues be war/terrorism in the ME, over spending, exploding national debt, loss of manufacturing and good jobs, illegal immigration , taxes ( with no real discussion of the tax code itself) new screw ourselves over trade agreements and which welfare is killing us that we pay to poor or to the rich with some world policing thrown in?
Think back, for how long have those essentially been the issues? Honestly if either "side" had a solution or even an intention to solve these problems some of them would have been made better at some point. These problems exist and will continue to do so because they serve the Donkephant. As do you! Oh sure they throw in some glitz like gay marriage but for the most part it's the same issues getting worse , with the same solution rhetoric being thrown about that never turns into meaningful action.
It drives me fucking nuts. How can the minions not see this? How can anyone over 40 , who has lived through multiple elections dealing with the same unsolved problems and bright shiny object distractions NOT FUCKING GET IT?

texan
07-02-2015, 02:49 PM
It means its normal..........I love how they whip people up using the same old wedge issues.......

Abortion, Gay Marriage, killing the poor, helping the rich..............LOL how dumb are we?

Jobs, debt, spending and taxes should be the issues. We should strive for no debt or a plan to eliminate, business friendly, lowering tax burdens as much as possible. Quit telling everyone you take care of them. Funny how people will work it you make them and if there are jobs.

The Sage of Main Street
07-02-2015, 02:49 PM
IMHO, it means it's a country with a non-functional government. I mean how many elections in a row can the main issues be war/terrorism in the ME, over spending, exploding national debt, loss of manufacturing and good jobs, illegal immigration , taxes ( with no real discussion of the tax code itself) new screw ourselves over trade agreements and which welfare is killing us that we pay to poor or to the rich with some world policing thrown in?
Think back, for how long have those essentially been the issues? Honestly if either "side" had a solution or even an intention to solve these problems some of them would have been made better at some point. These problems exist and will continue to do so because they serve the Donkephant. As do you! Oh sure, they throw in some glitz like gay marriage but for the most part it's the same issues getting worse , with the same solution rhetoric being thrown about that never turns into meaningful action.
It drives me $#@!ing nuts. How can the minions not see this? How can anyone over 40 , who has lived through multiple elections dealing with the same unsolved problems and bright shiny object distractions NOT $#@!ING GET IT? The Founding Fodder purposely retarded change, with their snobbish explanation that the 99% would go into a wild passion about an issue, wreck the status quo stability, and soon regret the results of self-determination anyway. Then it would go into some reactive destructive passion in the opposite direction if not obstructed by Constitutional roadblocks.

GrassrootsConservative
07-02-2015, 02:50 PM
Think back, for how long have those essentially been the issues? Honestly if either "side" had a solution or even an intention to solve these problems some of them would have been made better at some point. These problems exist and will continue to do so because they serve the Donkephant. As do you! Oh sure they throw in some glitz like gay marriage but for the most part it's the same issues getting worse , with the same solution rhetoric being thrown about that never turns into meaningful action.
It drives me fucking nuts. How can the minions not see this? How can anyone over 40 , who has lived through multiple elections dealing with the same unsolved problems and bright shiny object distractions NOT FUCKING GET IT?

I do not serve the Donkephant.

Mac-7
07-02-2015, 03:15 PM
It drives me $#@!ing nuts. How can the minions not see this? How can anyone over 40 , who has lived through multiple elections dealing with the same unsolved problems and bright shiny object distractions NOT $#@!ING GET IT?

It says we are a divided country where half the people despise the other half and there is no consensus about what to do next.

Cigar
07-02-2015, 03:34 PM
It drives me $#@!ing nuts. How can the minions not see this? How can anyone over 40 , who has lived through multiple elections dealing with the same unsolved problems and bright shiny object distractions NOT $#@!ING GET IT?

There's one Political Party that's apposed to ANY CHANGE

Mac-7
07-02-2015, 03:45 PM
There's one Political Party that's apposed to ANY CHANGE

You don't mean republicans because there is much about the liberal agenda we want to change.

Such as unrestrained migration from Mexico and homosexual brainwashing of little children in the public schools.

Chris
07-02-2015, 03:48 PM
donttread, they do change, at least the focus does. If the economy is doing well, the party in power run on economic issues while the other party runs on social issues, and conversely, if it's not doing well, the party in power runs on social issues and the opposition on economic. Statists all they want to change society (not the government) and redistribute wealth in ways to get re-elected.

donttread
07-02-2015, 03:51 PM
I do not serve the Donkephant.

No grass you do not, there may be 5 or 6 of us here who don't

donttread
07-02-2015, 03:53 PM
@donttread (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=922), they do change, at least the focus does. If the economy is doing well, the party in power run on economic issues while the other party runs on social issues, and conversely, if it's not doing well, the party in power runs on social issues and the opposition on economic. Statists all they want to change society (not the government) and redistribute wealth in ways to get re-elected.

Yeah, OK I over simplified it a bit. But when was the last election when the economy was going good.? The real economy, not the one for wall street or the one the feds report to us about?

Chris
07-02-2015, 03:57 PM
Yeah, OK I over simplified it a bit. But when was the last election when the economy was going good.? The real economy, not the one for wall street or the one the feds report to us about?

Not for a while so yes it seems like the same old issues boiled over. The real economy is the people, not the crony collusion of big government or megacorps.

donttread
07-03-2015, 08:21 AM
Not for a while so yes it seems like the same old issues boiled over. The real economy is the people, not the crony collusion of big government or megacorps.

Exactly and the windfalls don't seem to effect us

donttread
07-03-2015, 09:21 AM
Other than spending boat loads more on entertainment and fast food the middle class lifestyle has gone downhill in recent decades