PDA

View Full Version : Watch The Emotional Moment A Judge Recognizes The Accused

Common
07-04-2015, 07:01 AM
To Capt Obvious you dont have to tell me about HuffPost I already know you dont like it.

This is what can happen to good kids, when they have a great need for money.

Watch The Emotional Moment A Judge Recognizes The Accused As A Former Classmate
Courtroom cameras captured the bittersweet moment that a south Florida judge realized the burglary suspect in front of her was a former middle-school classmate.
Arthur Booth, 49, was in Miami-Dade Circuit Court for a bond hearing Thursday when Judge Mindy Glazer asked him if he had attended a nearby middle school, according to WSVN News (http://www.wsvn.com/story/29466437/burglary-suspect-weeps-after-recognizing-judge-from-middle-school).
"Oh my goodness, oh my goodness," Booth said as he realized the judge was a former classmate.
Booth then burst into tears (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYNGVAhshsU) when Glazer reminisced about their childhood.
"This was the nicest kid in middle school," the judge said, according to KFOR-TV (http://kfor.com/2015/07/03/alleged-burglary-suspect-breaks-down-in-tears-after-recognizing-judge-from-middle-school/). "He was the best kid in middle school. I used to play football with him, all the kids, and look what has happened."
Booth repeated, "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness," as he wept.
WSVN News reported that Booth had been arrested Wednesday in connection with a June 29 burglary.
Booth's cousin Melissa Miller told WPLG-TV (http://www.local10.com/news/courtroom-school-reunion-between-judge-suspect/33963678) that she believes Booth cried because he was ashamed of his arrest.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/03/arthur-booth-mindy-glazer_n_7723406.html

Green Arrow
07-04-2015, 07:59 AM
Hm. In my opinion, he is showing remorse. If it was his first incident, I'd say give him 30 days and community service.

PolWatch
07-04-2015, 09:00 AM
Common - the same story is on the Yahoo news site...

Mac-7
07-04-2015, 09:17 AM
If it was his first incident,

He's 49.

Dont bet your next welfare check on that longshot no matter what odds you're getting.

Chris
07-04-2015, 10:32 AM
He just woke up to how badly he's wasted his life. His brain will concoct narratives to make him feel better. Or maybe he'll change.

Common
07-04-2015, 12:42 PM
He just woke up to how badly he's wasted his life. His brain will concoct narratives to make him feel better. Or maybe he'll change.

yeah thats it smirk

Chris
07-04-2015, 12:47 PM
yeah thats it smirk

Smirk? I was serious. He's been leading a life of probably drugs and crime and has probably been cold turkey for some time before appearing before a judge who reminds him who he was and all the potential he had. But the stories he's been telling himself all along will probably take over again. Who knows. I don't smirk. I wish he'd wake up.

Bob
07-04-2015, 12:55 PM
I am not sure why I watched the video, once it was over ... but clearly I did. Still wondering why.

GrassrootsConservative
07-04-2015, 01:00 PM
What kind of a cold, heartless bitch just smiles like she does as that man is breaking down? What a fucking asshole judge. People like that, practitioners of schadenfreude, have absolutely no place in our legal system. She needs a bottom-feeding leech job like parking enforcement or something else. Not a judge. Hard to judge fairly when you so obviously like seeing people suffer.

The man is a problem, too, don't get me wrong, but even he doesn't deserve such disconnected treatment from someone so delusional.

/Edit: "What's sad is how old we've become," she says. No, what's sad is that you are a judge, lady.

Common
07-04-2015, 01:22 PM
Smirk? I was serious. He's been leading a life of probably drugs and crime and has probably been cold turkey for some time before appearing before a judge who reminds him who he was and all the potential he had. But the stories he's been telling himself all along will probably take over again. Who knows. I don't smirk. I wish he'd wake up.

I was serious with the smirk also. Thats exactly what the smirk was for the highlight, you dont know anything about him

The Xl
07-04-2015, 03:19 PM
What kind of a cold, heartless bitch just smiles like she does as that man is breaking down? What a fucking asshole judge. People like that, practitioners of schadenfreude, have absolutely no place in our legal system. She needs a bottom-feeding leech job like parking enforcement or something else. Not a judge. Hard to judge fairly when you so obviously like seeing people suffer.

The man is a problem, too, don't get me wrong, but even he doesn't deserve such disconnected treatment from someone so delusional.

/Edit: "What's sad is how old we've become," she says. No, what's sad is that you are a judge, lady.

Maybe you're right, but maybe you're overthinking it. The smile may be one of nostalgic happiness, perhaps fond memories of him, or just general memories of that time.

GrassrootsConservative
07-04-2015, 03:30 PM
Maybe you're right, but maybe you're overthinking it. The smile may be one of nostalgic happiness, perhaps fond memories of him, or just general memories of that time.

Nah. Her body language after 35 seconds. Pay close attention when he says "Oh my goodness... oh my goodness..." she leans in and smiles, puts her hands together. It's clear the cruel woman is enjoying this.

Probably loves locking people up. Gets some kind of sick power trip from it. I'm positive.