PDA

View Full Version : NEW! tPF Discussion Room

Chris
07-04-2015, 10:36 AM
We would like to create a new experimental area for serious discussion called tPF Discussion Room. By serious discussion we mean making meaningful contributions to the topic at hand free of flamebait trolling, off-topic distractions and personal attacks

We welcome all tPF members who are interested in participating.

Initially, VIPs and Mods will be members of the tPF Discussion Group. Group members can ask a mod to set up a private room where members can discuss and vote anonymously on adding new members--a 75% vote within a week decides. So PM a group member if you'd like to join. Removal from the group will be similar, a group member will request a mod set it up without the one up for removal.

The tPF Discussion Group will be self-moderated, with moderators only stepping in when needed.

If you have questions, please ask here.

The new room can be found here: http://thepoliticalforums.com/forums/57-tPF-Discussion-Forum

Mister D
07-04-2015, 11:34 AM
This is an improvement. It will keep the whining off the main forum.

PolWatch
07-04-2015, 11:35 AM
This is an improvement. It will keep the whining off the main forum.

the purpose is to keep the whining on the main forum. The new area is for serious discussion.

Mister D
07-04-2015, 11:38 AM
the purpose is to keep the whining on the main forum. The new area is for serious discussion.

Oh, then it won't be beneficial. My mistake.

The Xl
07-04-2015, 12:09 PM
This could wind up leaving the quality posters who aren't necessarily popular to deal with the idiocy. Not sure how I feel about that.

Captain Obvious
07-04-2015, 12:09 PM
Sounds good to me.

I suggested this years ago, btw.

Chris
07-04-2015, 12:12 PM
Oh, then it won't be beneficial. My mistake.

This could wind up leaving the quality posters who aren't necessarily popular to deal with the idiocy. Not sure how I feel about that.

It's experimental.

Captain Obvious
07-04-2015, 12:21 PM
So how do I get access - formally apply?

Chris
07-04-2015, 12:22 PM
So how do I get access - formally apply?

You can be invoited or you can PM anyone who posts there--for now any VIP or Mod. We'd like to do it by PM. Then the group votes.

Captain Obvious
07-04-2015, 12:28 PM

What's probably, maybe likely to happen is that members will correlate with VIP's. So if someone isn't selected as a VIP then they're not likely to be selected as a serious discussion group member except in cases of close voting where mods may be able to swing the vote.

That's the math that I figure.

Chris
07-04-2015, 12:30 PM
What's probably, maybe likely to happen is that members will correlate with VIP's. So if someone isn't selected as a VIP then they're not likely to be selected as a serious discussion group member except in cases of close voting where mods may be able to swing the vote.

I hope not.

GrassrootsConservative
07-04-2015, 12:33 PM
Exclusionary garbage like the "tPF intelligentsia" group or whatever.

Have your fun, guys, I'll continue to operate where all discussion is welcome.

Chris
07-04-2015, 12:37 PM
Exclusionary garbage like the "tPF intelligentsia" group or whatever.

Have your fun, guys, I'll continue to operate where all discussion is welcome.

There's a whole big wide open forum for that, so there's no exclusion. This is just one small area where people can hope to have serious discussion sans flamebait trolling, off-topic distractions and personal attacks. Over time the members of this forum area will define expectations and enforce them. It's worth a try.

Captain Obvious
07-04-2015, 01:39 PM
I get The Xl 's point too, I can see solid but otherwise somewhat unpopular members being excluded.

I know it's experimental and I'm curious to see how it rolls out.

Chris
07-04-2015, 01:46 PM
I get The Xl 's point too, I can see solid but otherwise somewhat unpopular members being excluded.

I know it's experimental and I'm curious to see how it rolls out.

I, er, we understand that too and thought of it when discussing and developing the idea. We emphasized posting behavior over personality. But there's really no way to control that. If it becomes a popularity contest I'll be the first to stop using it.

Captain Obvious
07-04-2015, 01:50 PM
I, er, we understand that too and thought of it when discussing and developing the idea. We emphasized posting behavior over personality. But there's really no way to control that. If it becomes a popularity contest I'll be the first to stop using it.

That's what I'm wondering might happen too, others will exclude themselves because someone they think should be participating was not allowed in.

Chris
07-04-2015, 01:54 PM
That's what I'm wondering might happen too, others will exclude themselves because someone they think should be participating was not allowed in.

Yea, that could happen too. It could fail for all sorts of reasons.

Then there's plan B.

http://i.snag.gy/a0f5y.jpg

Captain Obvious
07-04-2015, 01:57 PM
I totally like the idea though, don't misunderstand.

Chris
07-04-2015, 02:02 PM
Nah, it's good to raise these concerns.

I'm just trying to repeat what the group said as we raised them ourselves. Of course, we were easy to convince. This crowd is tough! :D

Dr. Who
07-04-2015, 02:06 PM
We are hoping that everyone who votes, does so in an adult and fair minded fashion. We don't want an echo chamber of friends, we just want a place where the members know that it's not the mods that are generally going to keep the peace but their fellow members, and that will only happen if everyone behaves like an adult. If a member of that forum acts like a jerk, then his/her fellow members will vote him/her off the island.

The Xl
07-04-2015, 02:12 PM
I don't mean to complain about the vip function, I honestly don't care, but I see it playing out like that. You'll see some popular yet otherwise unspectacular and or inactive people in it, and you'll some solid posters omitted for whatever reason, be it lack of popularity or oversight.

I'd just like to reiterate that I have no gripes with not being a VIP, these are just some concerns and observations that come to mind. I'm not even implying myself as one of the people who may have been overlooked.

It is a solid concept though and if it goes through I hope it works as intended.

Ravens Fan
07-04-2015, 02:17 PM
I don't mean to complain about the vip function, I honestly don't care, but I see it playing out like that. You'll see some popular yet otherwise unspectacular and or inactive people in it, and you'll some solid posters omitted for whatever reason, be it lack of popularity or oversight.

I'd just like to reiterate that I have no gripes with not being a VIP, these are just some concerns and observations that come to mind. I'm not even implying myself as one of the people who may have been overlooked.

It is a solid concept though and if it goes through I hope it works as intended.

It really has nothing to do with VIP's, we were just added as members from the get go. The intent is just to have somewhere we can debate serious issues without the distractions, personal insults and trolling that is so prevalent on the main forum. I would hope than any member that is capable of serious discussion will be included.

Green Arrow
07-04-2015, 03:31 PM
Maybe voting me in will satisfy people that think it's more VIP/Mod special club stuff.

Hint hint :tongue:

ADMIN
07-04-2015, 04:28 PM
Although I wasn't involved in the decision-making process of creating this new forum area, I would like to take this opportunity to mention what I believe is a key distinction regarding V.I.P.s.

Members in the new forum will be expected to post in a more substantive manner, but their activity outside of that forum will not be held to the same standard. V.I.P.s, on the other hand, are asked to be model posters throughout tPF, and also to take responsibility as forum leaders to propose new ideas (such as the creation of this new forum). We have had many popular members who preferred to be able to post without restrictions, and others who simply didn't have the time or the interest to be involved in running the forum. So, while questions will inevitably be raised as to why "Member X" hasn't been made a V.I.P., it often isn't a result of a popularity contest. Rather, it may well be because the member was approached and the invitation to join the V.I.P. group was declined.

Bob
07-04-2015, 05:12 PM
Count me in then. I really would love to be able to post and not be subject to flame bait, etc. It is why I stayed here to begin with.

A place that won't attack me is up my alley.

That way we can get to the serious stuff and we know nobody will attack anybody.

The Xl
07-04-2015, 05:16 PM
Lmao.

Captain Obvious
07-04-2015, 05:16 PM
Count me in then. I really would love to be able to post and not be subject to flame bait, etc. It is why I stayed here to begin with.

A place that won't attack me is up my alley.

That way we can get to the serious stuff and we know nobody will attack anybody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPuccvF_p3o

Mac-7
07-05-2015, 04:57 AM

If you are nice to the vip's and mods they may allow you to join.

this reads like a new and exclusive frat house for the upper crust.

Captain Obvious
07-05-2015, 07:18 AM

Trolls like you are the reason this project exists.

Mac-7
07-05-2015, 07:34 AM

I do not disagree with you at all.

because a troll is anyone they and you say is a troll.

PolWatch
07-05-2015, 07:51 AM
Troll

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29)

Chris
07-05-2015, 10:16 AM

What happens when members outnumber active vips and mods, of which they are maybe 12? You're thinking is too narrowly liberal, you don't conservatively consider consequences.

Mac-7
07-05-2015, 10:30 AM
What happens when members outnumber active vips and mods, of which they are maybe 12? You're thinking is too narrowly liberal,

you don't conservatively consider consequences.

The consequences of a Mac-free safe room for the elites?

i suppose for the mono opinion crowd that could have its charms.

but even out there in the cold cruel world of open forum you are already free of non PC posters like me if you want to be.

because I don't post to you and usually do not respond when you post to me.

Green Arrow
07-05-2015, 10:36 AM
As long as I am in the TPF Discussion Room, there will never be a "mono opinion." I disagree with everyone on this forum on at least one issue.

Mac-7
07-05-2015, 10:41 AM
As long as I am in the TPF Discussion Room, there will never be a "mono opinion." I disagree with everyone on this forum on at least one issue.

Oh?

have you already applied for and been accepted to a place in the clique?

Chris
The consequences of a Mac-free safe room for the elites?

i suppose for the mono opinion crowd that could have its charms.

but even out there in the cold cruel world of open forum you are already free of non PC posters like me if you want to be.

because I don't post to you and usually do not respond when you post to me.

Now you're not thinking at all. What a childish outburst.

This folks is why. Pugilistic posting is fun, that's fine, but there needs to be a mix with more serious discussion, so we're setting aside one* area for it, the rest of the forum won't change, and there's always the Hole.

*Actually the second area, for we also have the debate room.

Green Arrow
Oh?

I practically invented the "clique," I have a place there, lol.

PolWatch
07-05-2015, 10:43 AM

The difference is that disagreement results in an exchange of facts & opinions....not blindly spouting a partisan script & then shutting your eyes. When someone disagrees with you there is no victim act for 5 pages or lumping everyone in one group (usually incorrect).

Chris
07-05-2015, 10:46 AM
Oh?

As explained in the OP, anyone can request or be invited to join, preferably by PM. That's then taken to an area where current members vote, yea or nay, with 75% of voters approving getting you in. It's private and I won't give out the information.

Mac-7
07-05-2015, 10:46 AM
I practically invented the "clique," I have a place there, lol.

You mean its official?

you already have your letter of acceptance and everything?

Congratulations.

Mac-7
07-05-2015, 10:49 AM
As explained in the OP, anyone can request or be invited to join, preferably by PM. That's then taken to an area where current members vote, yea or nay, with 75% of voters approving getting you in. It's private and I won't give out the information.

I think applying by pm is better

That way if someone is blackballed by the beautiful people it won't be public knowledge and quite as embarrassing.

PolWatch
07-05-2015, 10:54 AM
You do have to apply by PM to a current member of the group. Then a poll is set up that is only visible to those eligible to vote. No one knows how anyone votes....only the totals. The numbers will be not be revealed to the general forum. The applicant will be notified if they were accepted. No one will know who applied except those who can vote (members of the discussion group).

The system is set up to avoid embarrassment or harsh feelings for everyone.

Chris
07-05-2015, 10:56 AM
I think applying by pm is better

That way if someone is blackballed by the beautiful people it won't be public knowledge and quite as embarrassing.

The world sure seems to be a miserable place for you.

Safety
07-05-2015, 11:12 AM

Yet, I don't think it's the world's fault....

Mac-7
07-05-2015, 11:14 AM

It seems more miserable for the VIPs and mods peeking out from their new gated community.

nothing changes for me since I don't associate with the ruling class anyway.

Chris
07-05-2015, 11:18 AM
It seems more miserable for the VIPs and mods peeking out from their new gated community.

nothing changes for me since I don't associate with the ruling class anyway.

That's delusional.

Safety
07-05-2015, 12:39 PM
That's delusional.

You misspelled ridiculous.

Chris
07-05-2015, 12:42 PM
It was beyond ridiculous. It was distorted.

Ethereal
07-05-2015, 12:47 PM
I don't like it. It somehow implies that the main forums are an appropriate place for bad behavior, and that a special area is required in order to have proper debates.

Chris
07-05-2015, 12:56 PM
I don't like it. It somehow implies that the main forums are an appropriate place for bad behavior, and that a special area is required in order to have proper debates.

Well, the forum is what it is, and always has been, and that's not going to change--kind of wild and wooly. But there is also a demand by some for more serious discussion and debate.

Safety
07-05-2015, 01:28 PM

Well, in order to have a place where you are free to express your opinion, you also accept that there are some whose only existence is to cause disturbances. This "experiment" is to test the waters on if it is feasible to have a discussion room like the one on one debate, but open to others.

Ethereal
07-05-2015, 02:07 PM
Godspeed!

Mister D
07-05-2015, 02:10 PM
Well, in order to have a place where you are free to express your opinion, you also accept that there are some whose only existence is to cause disturbances. This "experiment" is to test the waters on if it is feasible to have a discussion room like the one on one debate, but open to others.

That makes sense. There are only a handful of seriously disruptive members though.

Hal Jordan
07-05-2015, 03:00 PM

I disagree.

AeonPax
07-05-2015, 03:15 PM
`
Do you answer questions here?

PolWatch
07-05-2015, 03:16 PM
`
Do you answer questions here?

If you have questions about the new Discussion Room, this is where we answer questions.

silvereyes
07-05-2015, 03:20 PM
I could just hug you right now!

silvereyes
07-05-2015, 03:22 PM
Troll

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29)
Ohohohohoh! I bet there was a picture there too! Can I guess who's?

PolWatch
07-05-2015, 03:38 PM
Ohohohohoh! I bet there was a picture there too! Can I guess who's?
https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.SCmySr3w1bs5wSHK9S1GnQ&pid=15.1&rs=1&c=1&qlt=95&w=110&h=117

silvereyes
07-05-2015, 03:50 PM
Wow, had no idea Mac is green! Does that me a greenist?

Mac-7
07-05-2015, 06:59 PM
That makes sense. There are only a handful of seriously disruptive members though.

I suppose you mean me.

In my experience the libs on this board usually throw the first stone.

But I wish everyone many happy returns in your new castle.

Chris
07-06-2015, 04:56 PM
Again, the process of getting in works like this: A group member can invite another and if they're interested put them up for vote. Any forum member can request joining simply by sending a group member a PM and then you will be put up for vote.

If you want to recommend someone, that's fine, but make sure they're interested--not everyone is. Just ask them--but then the person might as well send a PM himself.

If you don't know any group member well enough, send me a PM and I'll put you in for a vote.

75% yes votes gets you in.

Votes could take a week. That's just a standard we use in the VIP room. Not everyone votes, so it's 75% of those who do vote.

Feel free to ask questions.

Mister D
07-06-2015, 06:58 PM
I suppose you mean me.

In my experience the libs on this board usually throw the first stone.

But I wish everyone many happy returns in your new castle.

I didn't, actually, but "if the shoe fits feel free to lace that bitch up and wear it". :grin:

Mac-7
07-07-2015, 04:37 AM
I didn't, actually, but "if the shoe fits feel free to lace that $#@! up and wear it". :grin:

Thanks for not including me.

silvereyes
07-07-2015, 12:57 PM
I didn't, actually, but "if the shoe fits feel free to lace that bitch up and wear it". :grin:

Fuuuuck....thanks D. Just about choked on my horseradish cheese!

midcan5
07-07-2015, 03:11 PM
This is an area / idea / platform in which there is no personal freedom for expression. Every time I peruse them they turn into a kinda circle jerk. I will grant there are real limits to free speech and the constitution, but those limits are difficult to define and sometimes we have to tolerate speech we find offensive and hopefully can counter for the thoughtful. Some simply don't like that you disagree with them and then cry like a child or ban you from the conversation. Some feel only a pretentious serious reply is necessary. Bah humbug I say. PS I will not participate in an area I find contrary to our American values of openness.

Chris
07-07-2015, 03:23 PM
This is an area / idea / platform in which there is no personal freedom for expression. Every time I peruse them they turn into a kinda circle jerk. I will grant there are real limits to free speech and the constitution, but those limits are difficult to define and sometimes we have to tolerate speech we find offensive and hopefully can counter for the thoughtful. Some simply don't like that you disagree with them and then cry like a child or ban you from the conversation. Some feel only a pretentious serious reply is necessary. Bah humbug I say. PS I will not participate in an area I find contrary to our American values of openness.

The entire forum is a private forum. We impose various limits. See the rules for example.

Cthulhu
07-07-2015, 03:26 PM
You mean we're individuals that have differing opinions?

The heresy!!

Sent from my evil, digital homunculus.

Chris
07-07-2015, 04:45 PM
You mean we're individuals that have differing opinions?

The heresy!!

Break out the stakes!

Hal Jordan
07-07-2015, 09:56 PM
Break out the stakes!

Okay. How do you like yours done?

http://www.stgsteaks.com/images/products/detail_130_new-york-strip-steaks.jpg

Tricia
07-07-2015, 10:01 PM

No steak talk, I'm starving! Have mercy on a sista!

Dr. Who
07-07-2015, 10:05 PM

Holy moly, have you seen the price of those things in the store? They are now selling raw steak for the price of restaurant steak.

Hal Jordan
07-07-2015, 10:08 PM
Holy moly, have you seen the price of those things in the store? They are now selling raw steak for the price of restaurant steak.

Yeah, and I maxed out my bank account buying books, so it will be a while before I can actually afford any...

Captain Obvious
07-08-2015, 07:21 AM

You have to beat your meat first, then rub it down before finishing.

Chris
07-08-2015, 08:50 AM
You have to beat your meat first, then rub it down before finishing.

Tenderize. With a hammer.

Dr. Who
07-08-2015, 04:25 PM
Tenderize. With a hammer.
Those look like sirloin - they shouldn't be tough unless you cook them into leather.

Captain Obvious
07-08-2015, 04:26 PM
Those look like sirloin - they shouldn't be tough unless you cook them into leather.

Strips

magicmike
07-08-2015, 04:29 PM

They're NY strips.

Dr. Who
07-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Strips
Yep - sirloin strip steak AKA Strip Loin, Strip Steak or New York Strip. It's the large piece of meat off the T-bone. Not as tender as rib steak but not tough either.

Peter1469
07-08-2015, 04:38 PM
With grass fed beef I prefer the sirloin. With grain fed, the rib eye. Especially with the bone.

Captain Obvious
07-08-2015, 04:59 PM
Yep - sirloin strip steak AKA Strip Loin, Strip Steak or New York Strip. It's the large piece of meat off the T-bone. Not as tender as rib steak but not tough either.

Never heard them called that.

They're a decent cheap steak. I can get a whole strip (like 10 or 12 steaks) from my butcher for like 6 bucks a pound if I time it right, has to be before grilling season.

Dr. Who
07-08-2015, 05:03 PM
Never heard them called that.

They're a decent cheap steak. I can get a whole strip (like 10 or 12 steaks) from my butcher for like 6 bucks a pound if I time it right, has to be before grilling season.
They often package them in 3's and 4's at my supermarket. This year however, the price has gone through the roof.

magicmike
07-08-2015, 05:08 PM
They often package them in 3's and 4's at my supermarket. This year however, the price has gone through the roof.

http://i.imgur.com/x56SYjo.jpg

Dr. Who
07-08-2015, 05:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/x56SYjo.jpg
Nah - it's because the herd sizes were smaller this year due to the corn and grain shortage, resulting from drought - the prices will drop if this year's grain and corn crops don't dry up in the fields.

magicmike
07-08-2015, 05:18 PM
Nah - it's because the herd sizes were smaller this year due to the corn and grain shortage, resulting from drought - the prices will drop if this year's grain and corn crops don't dry up in the fields.

Oh I know. I just wanted to get it out of the way before Bob said it.

Ethereal
07-16-2015, 12:53 PM
Tried posting in one of the discussions and was not allowed to do so.

So not only are these rooms implying that idiotic and impolite discussions are acceptable in the main forums, it is also exclusionary towards the regular forum members.

The Xl
07-16-2015, 12:58 PM
I didn't even know the thing started up already, lol.

I have to wonder why it's worth my time discussing stuff with the trolls when there is a sub-forum with allegedly superior, troll free discussion going on that I'm excluded from.

Captain Obvious
07-16-2015, 01:00 PM
I don't think there would be any trouble with the two of you getting in, you just have to ask.

Chris
07-16-2015, 01:02 PM
All you have to do is ask and the members vote you in or not.

Safety
07-16-2015, 01:05 PM
Tried posting in one of the discussions and was not allowed to do so.

So not only are these rooms implying that idiotic and impolite discussions are acceptable in the main forums, it is also exclusionary towards the regular forum members.

Kinda like a mini Confederacy?

The Xl
07-16-2015, 01:08 PM
All you have to do is ask and the members vote you in or not.

Can I ask here? If so, here's my application slip.

Ethereal
07-16-2015, 01:09 PM
I don't think it's a big deal one way or the other, but I'm not going to request permission from other members to participate in a thread.

Safety
07-16-2015, 01:09 PM

Resume? CV?

PolWatch
07-16-2015, 01:10 PM
The original statement was to keep the voting on new members open for 7 days. I think that is too long. I think anyone who is interested in voting would do within 2 or 3 days. Opinions?

Safety
07-16-2015, 01:10 PM
I don't think it's a big deal one way or the other, but I'm not going to request permission from other members to participate in a thread.

Want me to request on your behalf?

Captain Obvious
07-16-2015, 01:12 PM
The original statement was to keep the voting on new members open for 7 days. I think that is too long. I think anyone who is interested in voting would do within 2 or 3 days. Opinions?

I think the IRS returns tax refunds within 7 days now.

Ethereal
07-16-2015, 01:13 PM

Thanks, but I'll just stick to the main forums.

:iroc:

Captain Obvious
07-16-2015, 01:13 PM

You going to powder his ass too?

Safety
07-16-2015, 01:15 PM

Nah, I draw the line at foot rubs.

Peter1469
07-16-2015, 01:16 PM
I think the IRS returns tax refunds within 7 days now.

I got mine in like 2 days

The Xl
07-16-2015, 01:17 PM
That's racist

Ethereal
07-16-2015, 01:18 PM

I would like to formally submit my request for ass-powdering.

Ethereal

Well, start rubbing, ho.

Ethereal
That's racist

:rofl:

Chris
07-16-2015, 01:19 PM

Prefer PM, but OK, I'll put you up for vote and let you know if and when you're voted in.

Safety
07-16-2015, 01:21 PM
Well, start rubbing, ho.

Assume the position, I get payment up front.

Captain Obvious
07-16-2015, 01:23 PM

No tickie no shirtie

Ethereal
07-16-2015, 01:27 PM

I'm the pimp here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aO4bTKHXt8

PolWatch
07-16-2015, 05:04 PM
:rollseyes:

magicmike
07-16-2015, 05:10 PM
So who's all been selected to the Club?

Cthulhu
07-16-2015, 05:13 PM
VIPs, Mods, and those adult enough to enter.

You can always look for yourself to see who is posting there. I don't think there is an actual list posted anywhere.

If you want to be a member, PM a mod or VIP or another member and you'll be notified if you are selected or not.

Green Arrow
07-16-2015, 05:17 PM

You can always look for yourself to see who is posting there. I don't think there is an actual list posted anywhere.

If you want to be a member, PM a mod or VIP or another member and you'll be notified if you are selected or not.

I'm not going to lie...I almost look forward to your Tapatalk signature more than your actual post :tongue:

Green Arrow
07-16-2015, 05:19 PM

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/This-Guy-Jim-Halpert-The-Office.gif

Cthulhu
07-16-2015, 05:20 PM
I'm not going to lie...I almost look forward to your Tapatalk signature more than your actual post :tongue:
....thanks?

I actually have to change it again because I am using a word improperly.

Blarg...

sachem
07-16-2015, 05:54 PM
I'm not going to lie...I almost look forward to your Tapatalk signature more than your actual post :tongue:I thought that was a given.

;)

magicmike
07-16-2015, 06:16 PM

I asked already. Apparently I'm not welcome in the Kewl Kids Klub.

Green Arrow
07-16-2015, 06:19 PM

Everyone is welcome in the "Kewl Kids Klub."

Just so long as they have a pattern of mature, intelligent posts.

Cthulhu
07-16-2015, 06:22 PM
You are more than welcome, your rule breaking posting style is not.

Chris
07-16-2015, 06:33 PM

You can see by who's posting in the room. If the members vote you in, you're told. Right now voting lasts a week--we're discussing shortening it.

Mister D
07-16-2015, 08:26 PM

It's cuz you're gay.

sachem
07-16-2015, 11:01 PM
It's cuz you're gay.Shit stirrer.

Safety
07-17-2015, 12:00 AM
Shit stirrer.

Unintended pun?

Venus
07-17-2015, 09:07 AM
Lmao.

And it begins

I take it if you were a VIP you wouldn't vote Bob in.

Venus
07-17-2015, 09:10 AM

No pictures for you

magicmike
07-17-2015, 03:23 PM
Everyone is welcome in the "Kewl Kids Klub."

Just so long as they have a pattern of mature, intelligent posts.

I'd like to think I'm capable of mature, intelligent posts. The fact that you and others shouldn't preclude me from any thread.

You are more than welcome, your rule breaking posting style is not.

Here's the problem. What about your rule breaking style? I'll discuss this in the other thread.

[

magicmike
07-17-2015, 03:24 PM
You can see by who's posting in the room. If the members vote you in, you're told. Right now voting lasts a week--we're discussing shortening it.

I've already been told I'm not welcome.

magicmike
07-17-2015, 03:27 PM
$#@! stirrer.

Point made. Mr D is one of the worst trolls on this forum, but I'm sure he is a VIP and hass access to the new forum because his name calling, insults, and trolling are mod approved and considered snark.

Mister D
07-17-2015, 04:07 PM
Point made. Mr D is one of the worst trolls on this forum, but I'm sure he is a VIP and hass access to the new forum because his name calling, insults, and trolling are mod approved and considered snark.

Howey, with all due respect, you act like a pissy teenage girl. Seriously. And, no, I have no desire to be a VIP or participate on that forum at this time.

Chris
07-17-2015, 04:18 PM

But he's not and doesn't. Why are you so often wrong? And what are you doing but name calling, insulting and trolling?

magicmike
07-17-2015, 04:21 PM
But he's not and doesn't. Why are you so often wrong? And what are you doing but name calling, insulting and trolling?

Like calling someone a pissy teenage girl?

Chris
07-17-2015, 04:22 PM

Any worse than calling someone a troll?

Mister D
07-17-2015, 04:23 PM

Act like a man for once and that won't happen.

Chris
07-17-2015, 04:23 PM
The people who complain the most would be the first to go were we to moderate more heavily here.

del
07-17-2015, 04:27 PM
i doubt it

magicmike
07-17-2015, 04:28 PM
Any worse than calling someone a troll?

,Read the definition. Fits most of his posts, and yours.

troll2
trōl/
verb
gerund or present participle: trolling

informal
make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
"if people are obviously trolling then I'll delete your posts and do my best to ban you"

fish by trailing a baited line along behind a boat.
"we trolled for mackerel"

Chris
07-17-2015, 04:30 PM

troll2
trōl/
verb

informal
make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
"if people are obviously trolling then I'll delete your posts and do my best to ban you"

And he just as likely thinks his comparison was justified as well. So where does that leave us? Should we let both go as snark or should we thread ban you both?

Mister D
07-17-2015, 04:30 PM

troll2
trōl/
verb

informal

Howey, you have me on ignore and I can still get an angry response from you. If I was into trolling I'd stalk more interesting quarry. You're much too easy.

Cigar
07-17-2015, 04:42 PM
Act like a man for once and that won't happen.

Coming from someone who's only net worth is his skin color. :laugh:

This is what this Forum has turned into.

Mister D
07-17-2015, 04:44 PM
Coming from someone who's only net worth is his skin color. :laugh:

This is what this Forum has turned into.

I own this guy. :laugh: Too bad they don't work like they used to...

decedent
07-17-2015, 04:46 PM
We would like to create a new experimental area for serious discussion called tPF Discussion Room. By serious discussion we mean making meaningful contributions to the topic at hand free of flamebait trolling, off-topic distractions and personal attacks

Sorry, but I need to call a lib a name every day or I just don't sleep well at night.

magicmike
07-17-2015, 04:48 PM
And he just as likely thinks his comparison was justified as well. So where does that leave us? Should we let both go as snark or should we thread ban you both?

Howey, you have me on ignore and I can still get an angry response from you. If I was into trolling I'd stalk more interesting quarry. You're much too easy.

Why Threadbanapalooza me? I'm not admitting to being a troll.

BTW after I was told by a mod that action would be taken against Mr D for calling me Howie in the open forum it seems to not be the case.

Mister D
07-17-2015, 04:49 PM
I'll get a warning for calling Howey Howey? :huh:

Chris
Why Threadbanapalooza me? I'm not admitting to being a troll.

BTW after I was told by a mod that action would be taken against Mr D for calling me Howie in the open forum it seems to not be the case.

For name calling, insulting--what I said just above.

You need to take your personal moderation issues to PMs. See rule #9.

magicmike

Why Threadban me? I'm not the one admitting to trolling.

Cigar
Sorry, but I need to call a lib a name every day or I just don't sleep well at night.

You got far more Sleepless Nights ahead of you coming sport, that's a promise :laugh:

magicmike
07-17-2015, 04:50 PM
For name calling, insulting--what I said just above.

You need to take your personal moderation issues to PMs. See rule #9.

That's why I deleted that.

Mister D
07-17-2015, 04:52 PM
You got far more Sleepless Nights ahead of you coming sport, that's a promise :laugh:

he's having fun with you, genius.

Perianne
07-17-2015, 05:04 PM
Some of you new ones don't know me. For about 99.5% of all my posts, I have tried to be respectful of the other person's viewpoints.

When I stopped by tPF (without checking in) I saw this new forum and I am interested. For those of us who DON'T like the constant snark and barbs, a place to participate without smart mouths ruining every thread looks like a place with a lot of potential.

Let's give the new place a chance.

GrassrootsConservative
07-17-2015, 05:09 PM

I would, but I, like most others on this forum, am not given the chance to give the new place a chance.

Funny how that works, isn't it? I should give it a chance, except I can't. Other than that your idea is pure genius.

Chris
07-17-2015, 05:15 PM
I would, but I, like most others on this forum, am not given the chance to give the new place a chance.

Funny how that works, isn't it? I should give it a chance, except I can't. Other than that your idea is pure genius.

Incorrect. Anyone can request to join. More have been accepted than rejected. So "like most others on this forum, am not given the chance to give the new place a chance" is incorrect.

Green Arrow
07-17-2015, 10:02 PM
I'd like to think I'm capable of mature, intelligent posts. The fact that you and others shouldn't preclude me from any thread.

The fact that I and others...what?

Mister D
07-17-2015, 10:08 PM
Good Lord...admit Howey before he slits his wrists.

Vilifier of Zombies
07-19-2015, 01:49 AM
Shit stirrer.

Sacham from AWE?

silvereyes
07-20-2015, 12:00 PM

hey, check this thing in my hand out! it's your face. *smack*

silvereyes
07-20-2015, 12:04 PM
Some of you new ones don't know me. For about 99.5% of all my posts, I have tried to be respectful of the other person's viewpoints.

When I stopped by tPF (without checking in) I saw this new forum and I am interested. For those of us who DON'T like the constant snark and barbs, a place to participate without smart mouths ruining every thread looks like a place with a lot of potential.

well, lookie what the cat dragged in! hi! when did you come back? yea! another girl here!

Perianne
07-20-2015, 12:06 PM
well, lookie what the cat dragged in! hi! when did you come back? yea! another girl here!

Like a fungus on a foot, I appear from time to time. How ya doing?

silvereyes
07-20-2015, 12:08 PM
Good Lord...admit Howey before he slits his wrists.

now just a second here. if you're going to play tiny violins for MM, then you need to be fair and play them for the other colossal whiner known as GCR.

Captain Obvious
07-20-2015, 12:10 PM
Sacham from AWE?

VoZ from AWE?

Vilifier of Zombies
07-20-2015, 02:43 PM
VoZ from AWE?

Somehow, this post was useful for Pickle.

It's as if he's cupping your balls and blowing sweet nothings into your ear.

No vulgarity, please.

Common
07-20-2015, 02:46 PM
heh still taking no prisoners I see Voj,

sachem
07-20-2015, 03:34 PM
Sacham from AWE?Yes.

Mister D
07-20-2015, 03:36 PM
Yes.

I can't see you on that site. lol

Chris
07-20-2015, 03:41 PM
sachem's a wild one!

sachem
07-20-2015, 03:41 PM
I can't see you on that site. lolhttp://downloadpolitics.com/images/smilies/missy.gif

sachem
07-20-2015, 03:42 PM
@sachem (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=974)'s a wild one!:D

Chris
07-20-2015, 03:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=def3ob2h-1s

donttread
08-01-2015, 08:35 AM
Of posting in the tpf discussion forum? Or is it a birth right kind of thing?

Private Pickle
08-01-2015, 08:37 AM
Lawl

PolWatch
08-01-2015, 08:51 AM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/47016-NEW!-tPF-Discussion-Room

Mister D
08-01-2015, 08:51 AM
Not this shit again...

donttread
08-01-2015, 09:10 AM

We welcome all tPF members who are interested in participating.

Initially, VIPs and Mods will be members of the tPF Discussion Group. Group members can ask a mod to set up a private room where members can discuss and vote anonymously on adding new members--a 75% vote within a week decides. So PM a group member if you'd like to join. Removal from the group will be similar, a group member will request a mod set it up without the one up for removal.

The tPF Discussion Group will be self-moderated, with moderators only stepping in when needed.

If you have questions, please ask here.

The new room can be found here: http://thepoliticalforums.com/forums/57-tPF-Discussion-Forum

Thanks Pol. Another member had graciously offered to recommend me but I after I originally agreed , I have asked them to hold off after reading your link. I strongly dislike the "popularity contest" admission criteria and will likely not be able to get past that

donttread
08-01-2015, 09:16 AM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/47016-NEW!-tPF-Discussion-Room

Thanks Pol. another member had offered to recommend me but I backed out after reading your link and realizing that the admission criteria is nothing more than a popularity contest. Thank you

Chris
08-01-2015, 09:19 AM
Thanks Pol. Another member had graciously offered to recommend me but I after I originally agreed , I have asked them to hold off after reading your link. I strongly dislike the "popularity contest" admission criteria and will likely not be able to get past that

It's not a popularity contest, but it's up to you.

TrueBlue
08-01-2015, 12:43 PM
@sachem (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=974)'s a wild one!
You bet!

Bobby Rydell - Wild One
resource://youtubeanywhereplayer/icon16.pngresource://youtubeanywhereplayer/icon16.pnghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax-6U-KaBAY (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax-6U-KaBAY)

silvereyes
08-03-2015, 12:34 AM
Not this shit again...

OK, everyone: faint. D and I agree on sumpin.

Captain Obvious
08-03-2015, 07:58 AM
Of posting in the tpf discussion forum? Or is it a birth right kind of thing?

How strong are your jaw muscles?

Captain Obvious
08-03-2015, 08:00 AM
Not this shit again...

http://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/362/862/2862362.jpg