PDA

View Full Version : A Poll Libs will hate.

coolwalker
07-26-2012, 05:17 PM
This is pretty long for an image...you'll have to click twice for the magnigiction to expand properly... come on Cigar...be smug now.

Mainecoons
07-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Not very scientific but fun to read anyway. A con's wet dream. :grin:

wingrider
07-26-2012, 05:30 PM
the libs will dismiss it cause it is Newsmax.. what can I say. by the way I was part of the poll, and it reflects what I stated on it to a tea.

Mainecoons
07-26-2012, 05:36 PM
As a poll of Newsmax followers, it is probably pretty good. As a general poll, I doubt it meets the statistical requirements for arm's length, representative sample polling.

That doesn't mean I don't enjoy it, but it does mean that unfortunately, this isn't representative of today's declining America.

coolwalker
07-27-2012, 10:32 AM
As a poll of Newsmax followers, it is probably pretty good. As a general poll, I doubt it meets the statistical requirements for arm's length, representative sample polling.

That doesn't mean I don't enjoy it, but it does mean that unfortunately, this isn't representative of today's declining America.

So name THE poll that reflects this nation perfectly.

Mainecoons
07-27-2012, 11:23 AM
I think Rasmussen comes closer than anyone to accurately measuring what the voting population does. Too many polls just poll registered voters. Rasmussen tries to poll the most likely to vote registered voters.

They have a very good track record when it comes to predicting the outcome of elections.

Captain America
07-27-2012, 11:24 AM
I think the general opinion amongst the masses is that the best polls are the ones that they agree with and brings them validation.

Mainecoons
07-27-2012, 11:26 AM
When I was doing campaigns, we didn't want polls to make us feel good. We wanted to know exactly where we stood and where the problem areas were.

Feel good don't mean squat on election day. You never feel good when you lose.

Captain America
07-27-2012, 11:28 AM
PS... Somebody school me here.

I keep hearing "registered" republican. "Registered" democrat.

Having an open mind and the propensity to utilize critical thinking, I have voted both ways.

Where does one go to "register?" And once one becomes "registered" are they locked into a partisan?

Is there some kind of card a "registered" partisan is issued. What's the deal about being "registered?" I ask because I truly do not know.

I think be a "registered" anything kind of sucks and says a lot about a persons ability to critically think. But, then again, I may not understand the meaning at all.

What say ye all?

Mainecoons
07-27-2012, 11:38 AM
It just means that you state a party preference. It doesn't mean anything in the general election, in most states it defines whether you can vote in the primary and which party primary you can vote in.

If I had my way, there would be no primry elections at all. Let's look at what has happened here. First, the percentages of the electorate that declare for one party or the other has shrunk drastically, meaning there's a whole bunch of people who can't vote in the primary anyway. These are generally the most mainstream voters, the "independents" or "decline to state."

Now then, look at the actual turnout for primary elections and you are lucky to hit 30 percent. And who are these 30 percent? The most extreme voters of each party. What does this cause to happen? The nomination of extremist candidates.

After term limits, I believe that elimination of primary elections is the most important reform. Political parties are private organizations, there is absolutely no reason why they should put their candidates up for a lopsided, biased primary vote.

Captain America
07-27-2012, 01:01 PM
It just means that you state a party preference. It doesn't mean anything in the general election, in most states it defines whether you can vote in the primary and which party primary you can vote in.

If I had my way, there would be no primry elections at all. Let's look at what has happened here. First, the percentages of the electorate that declare for one party or the other has shrunk drastically, meaning there's a whole bunch of people who can't vote in the primary anyway. These are generally the most mainstream voters, the "independents" or "decline to state."

Now then, look at the actual turnout for primary elections and you are lucky to hit 30 percent. And who are these 30 percent? The most extreme voters of each party. What does this cause to happen? The nomination of extremist candidates.

After term limits, I believe that elimination of primary elections is the most important reform. Political parties are private organizations, there is absolutely no reason why they should put their candidates up for a lopsided, biased primary vote.

Thanks. That educated me.

But, seems to me, the GOP did weed out all the rightwing whackos, ie: Bachmann, Perry, etc., and went pretty milk-toast mainstream, much to the teabaggers disappointment.

Mainecoons
07-27-2012, 02:11 PM
Perry weeded himself out with foot in mouth. :grin:

Let's face it, we're not looking at much of a primary field to begin with.

BTW, I find "teabagger" very offensive. Perhaps you need to educate yourself more about the vast majority of this movement and what it stands for. You seem to have bought the slander of the leftist media here.

Captain America
07-27-2012, 03:54 PM
I meant no offense. Having participated in many forums, I just thought everyone knew the reference.

But if it offends you, because you're a pretty good guy, it seems, I will try to refrain from using that term henceforth.

But, if that term offends, I am pretty sure you're not going to like the other terms I tend to use to describe this disgruntled group of whiners who have split and alienated former members the Republican Party.

My beef with the TP is totally different from the libbos beef. At first, I thought the TP was going to be a wonderful concept and I was all onboard. But when the whackos started coing out from under the rocks, and it became just another a political faction of the GOP. I lost interest. I had hoped the party would be of the people by the people. But in-depth research on the movement revealed not only archaic, opinionated whackery, it is also just another bought and paid for movement of sheeple of Koch Industries.

But.... I didn't call them teabaggers. I guess that's progress, huh? LOL!

Goldie Locks
07-27-2012, 05:05 PM
So name THE poll that reflects this nation perfectly.

The Detroit ghetto?

Goldie Locks
07-27-2012, 05:09 PM
I meant no offense. Having participated in many forums, I just thought everyone knew the reference.

But if it offends you, because you're a pretty good guy, it seems, I will try to refrain from using that term henceforth.

But, if that term offends, I am pretty sure you're not going to like the other terms I tend to use to describe this disgruntled group of whiners who have split and alienated former members the Republican Party.

My beef with the TP is totally different from the libbos beef. At first, I thought the TP was going to be a wonderful concept and I was all onboard. But when the whackos started coing out from under the rocks, and it became just another a political faction of the GOP. I lost interest. I had hoped the party would be of the people by the people. But in-depth research on the movement revealed not only archaic, opinionated whackery, it is also just another bought and paid for movement of sheeple of Koch Industries.

It offends many of us, but maybe you're just a moron I mean ignorant.

Mainecoons
07-27-2012, 06:25 PM

Like I said, you really need to get beyond the propaganda from the leftist media and notice what this group is really standing for. And when you do, I think you'll agree with a lot more of it than what you disagree with.

Trinnity
07-27-2012, 10:06 PM
People, if this calling each other "moron' keeps up, we'll have to start modding a little more. I don't think anyone wants that, right?

Goldie Locks
07-27-2012, 10:12 PM
People, if this calling each other "moron' keeps up, we'll have to start modding a little more. I don't think anyone wants that, right?

It twas a joke.

Trinnity
07-27-2012, 10:18 PM
It twas a joke.
Fair enough.

But it's been tossed around too much today and I've already said on the "two lessons" thread, it needs to stop. And that's from not just me, but the mod team.

Now let's all just move on and continue our discussions.

Smartmouthwoman
07-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Thanks. That educated me.

But, seems to me, the GOP did weed out all the rightwing whackos, ie: Bachmann, Perry, etc., and went pretty milk-toast mainstream, much to the teabaggers disappointment.

Never underestimate the power of the non-existant Tea Party, Capt. Sarah Palin is actively campaigning for Ted Cruz in his primary runoff with well-established David Dewhurst for a Texas senate seat. Here's the scoop... it's turned into a NASTY attack on Cruz, but because of Palin's endorsement, many of us will be voting for him.

Be afraid, Palin-haters... be very afraid. She's far from irrelevant. :grin:

The stop marked Palin’s first public event for a candidate in 2012 and put an exclamation point on the deep level of support Cruz has managed to harness from national conservative luminaries.

But as the prospect of a Cruz victory over the past week has grown, so have the attacks against him. The most devastating came this week from a pro-Dewhurst super PAC, which essentially fingered Cruz for contributing to the suicide of a teenager as a result of his legal work.

Palin dubbed the counteroffensive “disgusting.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0712/79079.html#ixzz21syoZMdz

Cigar
07-30-2012, 07:41 AM
Perry weeded himself out with foot in mouth. :grin:

Let's face it, we're not looking at much of a primary field to begin with.

BTW, I find "teabagger" very offensive. Perhaps you need to educate yourself more about the vast majority of this movement and what it stands for. You seem to have bought the slander of the leftist media here.

Oh that's just classic ... you being offended ... by the "word" Teabagger ... ?

So ... now "words" are offensive ... ?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/teabagging-kochsuckers.jpg

Mainecoons
07-30-2012, 07:46 AM
And you're just plain offensive and brain dead to boot, Cartoon Boy. Figured you had gotten tired of getting your butt kicked here or maybe your boss got tired of paying you to play unsuccessfully on the internet all day.

Oh well, better luck next time. :grin: