PDA

View Full Version : The Donor Difference: What Sets Hillary And Bernie Apart

Chris
07-06-2015, 08:50 PM
For some reason currently the Republican bore me and the Democrats, especially Bernie, pique my interest. I suppose here's why: Democrats seem to be populists against the rich and for the little guy. Bernie seems to fit that to a T while Hillary, who uses the same rhetoric, seems to be, to coin a term, more of a popularist, one who enjoys popularity, for power. But Democrats seem to embrace Hillary and not Bernie. What is it, I wonder, I mean, beyond the mere partisan desire to win.

The Donor Difference: What Sets Hillary And Bernie Apart (http://digg.com/2015/clinton-sanders-campaign-donors)

​Sen. Bernie Sanders has been gaining ground quickly against Hillary Clinton in the race for Democratic presidential candidate. He has risen 15 percentage points in polls in the last two months, according to The New York Times. Many are wondering how he's done it in the face of the immense Hillary hype machine.

This viral image may have something to do with his rise in popularity:

http://i.snag.gy/5AqYR.jpg

Originally posted on Imgur.com, the image has been viewed almost 1 million times, many of which have seemingly come from the subreddit r/Politics.

The comparison shows the largest donors to Bernie and Hillary throughout their entire careers in federal politics. The image highlights the stark difference between funding sources and interests in the two candidates. All but two of Hillary's top 20 sources are large corporations or law firms. All but one of Bernie's top 20 are labor unions. This is exactly the type of comparison that Bernie Sanders wants voters to draw between him and Hillary Clinton — portraying him as a candidate backed by individuals and unions and her as a candidate backed by corporate interests.

While this information is readily available on OpenSecrets.org, a site that aggregates campaign finance information, the powerful side-by-side comparison of this campaign data has seemingly highlighted a deeper meaning for many Bernie Sanders supporters, who insist that this image crystalizes why they're supporting Sanders over Hillary Clinton.

Cigar
07-06-2015, 08:54 PM
Who would know more than The Republican Party and The GOP; Millions and Billions doesn't equal Winning Votes :laugh:

PolWatch
07-06-2015, 08:57 PM
I don't think the dems are really all that excited over Hillary. She is the leader in polls because she has not had any competition in her own party. I did not think that Bernie had much of a chance but it looks like he might give Hillary a run for the nomination. I would like to see Webb get some momentum started too. If the repubs can find 15+ people who want to be president, the dems should be able to find more than 1.

Cigar
07-06-2015, 08:58 PM
I think The GOP Fears Sanders nore than Hillary

PolWatch
07-06-2015, 09:07 PM

Why? Do you think they believe he could beat them while Hillary wouldn't? Hillary is leading in all the polls to date.

Cigar
07-06-2015, 09:11 PM
Why? Do you think they believe he could beat them while Hillary wouldn't? Hillary is leading in all the polls to date.

Polls are one thing, Votes are another.

Ask Mitt :laugh:

Chris
07-06-2015, 09:13 PM
Who would know more than The Republican Party and The GOP; Millions and Billions doesn't equal Winning Votes :laugh:

So you're a Sander's man?

Chris
07-06-2015, 09:15 PM
I don't think the dems are really all that excited over Hillary. She is the leader in polls because she has not had any competition in her own party. I did not think that Bernie had much of a chance but it looks like he might give Hillary a run for the nomination. I would like to see Webb get some momentum started too. If the repubs can find 15+ people who want to be president, the dems should be able to find more than 1.

Bernie is moving up in popularity.

I'm just going by what progressives say here that I read.

Chris
07-06-2015, 09:15 PM

Could be but why do you think so?

Cigar
07-06-2015, 09:17 PM
Could be but why do you think so?

Bernie speaks the "truth" ... The GOP can't really debate that.

Chris
07-06-2015, 09:18 PM
Bernie speaks the "truth" ... The GOP can't really debate that.

I consider him honest for sure.

Cigar
07-06-2015, 09:21 PM
I consider him honest for sure.

Way too honest for Washington and Wall-street

Chris
07-06-2015, 09:38 PM
Way too honest for Washington and Wall-street

And, given the predilection of politicians to lie, too honest for his own good perhaps. Who knows. If I had to vote, and had to vote Democrat, I'd vote for him.

Green Arrow
07-06-2015, 09:58 PM
I support Sanders over Clinton, and Sanders is presently the only Democratic candidate that I will vote for in '16.

That's probably why Hillary will win. Democrats are too stupid to nominate the one guy in their party that actually walks the talk, rather than just talking the talk. Talking is what Clintons do best.

Chris
07-06-2015, 11:08 PM
I support Sanders over Clinton, and Sanders is presently the only Democratic candidate that I will vote for in '16.

That's probably why Hillary will win. Democrats are too stupid to nominate the one guy in their party that actually walks the talk, rather than just talking the talk. Talking is what Clintons do best.

That's it exactly.