PDA

View Full Version : Carnival could set sail to Cuba next year

Captain Obvious
07-08-2015, 11:30 AM
If you can fit 20 Cubans on an inflatable mattress think of how many you can fit on one of these, the whole island maybe.

http://wtkr.com/2015/07/07/carnival-could-set-sail-to-cuba-next-year/

NEW YORK — Carnival Corporation is gearing up to cruise to Cuba.

The company received U.S. government approval to travel to Cuba, but still needs approval from the island nation.

“There is a huge pent-up demand,” Arnold Donald, president and CEO of Carnival Corporation told CNNMoney.

He said the company is in conversations with Cuba’s government. “We have no idea how long it is going to take; we assume we are going to be successful and be able to sail in May.”

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Cuban-Immigrant-Boat.jpg

Cigar
07-08-2015, 11:33 AM
First flights to Cuba take off from Orlando International Airport Flights will leave each week, costing about $430http://www.wesh.com/news/first-flights-to-cuba-take-off-from-orlando-international-airport/34049982

GrassrootsConservative
07-08-2015, 11:34 AM
Why would anybody want to go to Cuba?

Captain Obvious
07-08-2015, 11:35 AM

That's the nice thing about cruises, you don't actually have to go there. You can just sail by and throw bread crumbs at them.

Adelaide
It's not that great. Most Canadians I know have been there at some point.

Captain Obvious
It's not that great. Most Canadians I know have been there at some point.

According to Michael Moore and all of his brainless, lemming followers Cuba is the land of milk and honey.

Adelaide
07-08-2015, 11:40 AM
According to Michael Moore and all of his brainless, lemming followers Cuba is the land of milk and honey.

It's the land of resorts you don't step foot off of unless you want to be harassed by very, very poor people or arrested for trying to buy drugs (you can pay off the police but it's still never fun to be arrested in a foreign country).

Cigar
07-08-2015, 11:42 AM
It's the land of resorts you don't step foot off of unless you want to be harassed by very, very poor people or arrested for trying to buy drugs (you can pay off the police but it's still never fun to be arrested in a foreign country).

Same as Jamaica and Portico

Captain Obvious
07-08-2015, 11:43 AM

That's Mexico too, for the most part.

Adelaide
07-08-2015, 11:45 AM
Same as Jamaica and Portico

Pretty much, actually. Another common spot for Canadians.

Mexico is the exception because they have a lot of really neat archeological sites. Most people are willing to step off their high-maintenance white beaches for that and usually have a good time. Cuba? Would highly suggest you never try to set foot off the resort.

PolWatch
07-08-2015, 12:09 PM
I have some friends that were bragging about going to Progresso, Mexico to buy their prescription drugs. Around the time there was a lot of publicity about drug wars, I asked if they were afraid. They said, oh no....it's very safe. There were Mexican soldiers on every corner with automatic weapons. Real safe place.

I'll stick to Walgreens!

Adelaide
07-08-2015, 12:11 PM
I have some friends that were bragging about going to Progresso, Mexico to buy their prescription drugs. Around the time there was a lot of publicity about drug wars, I asked if they were afraid. They said, oh no....it's very safe. There were Mexican soldiers on every corner with automatic weapons. Real safe place.

I'll stick to Walgreens!

Some people don't have a choice. There are a lot of drugs not approved in the US. There are even a lot of OTC drugs available up here that are not available in the US. I'm planning on stocking up for my move.

1751_Texan
07-08-2015, 12:15 PM

nathanbforrest45
07-08-2015, 12:37 PM

Cigars

nathanbforrest45
07-08-2015, 12:39 PM
That's the nice thing about cruises, you don't actually have to go there. You can just sail by and throw bread crumbs at them.

Or tampons. I understand there is a severe shortage of female sanitary supplies.

Captain Obvious
07-08-2015, 12:39 PM
Cigars

And hookers and coke.

And to watch some progressive dumbasses get killed by their healthcare system.

nathanbforrest45
07-08-2015, 12:41 PM
And hookers and coke.

And to watch some progressive dumbasses get killed by their healthcare system.

Wasn't that where Hugo Chavez went to be "cured" of cancer with such outstanding results?

Captain Obvious
07-08-2015, 12:41 PM
Wasn't that were Hugo Chavez went to be "cured" of cancer with such outstanding results?

Right.

The irony is overwhelming sometimes.

nathanbforrest45
07-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Actually, with Carnival Cruise Line's safety record of late the trip might be more dangerous than the island itself.

Ethereal
07-08-2015, 02:16 PM

Because it's a tropical paradise where you can meet new people and experience new things.

Bob
07-08-2015, 03:01 PM
Because it's a tropical paradise where you can meet new people and experience new things.

I keep seeing on TV that Cuba is in pretty sad shape.

Bob
07-08-2015, 03:10 PM

This was 1964 and my bride and I in Mexico. I parked the car at the curb. Some boy races up to me and tells me he will watch my car for me for money.

We step on sidewalk to be confronted by a Mexican man saying he will take us to the best wedding chapel.

I explain we just got married.

Without missing a beat, i swear on my bible, he told us he could then take us to the very best place to get a divorce.

After we got by those two, it was smooth sailing and we enjoyed the shops.