PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump Leads GOP Field in North Carolina

Common
07-09-2015, 07:31 AM
GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump is the leading choice among North Carolina Republican primary voters in a recent Public Policy Poll (http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2015/07/trump-leads-gop-field-in-north-carolina.html). Trump received 16 percent, while former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush received 12 percent.

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker came in tied for second with Bush at 12 percent. Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee was third with 11 percent. Dr. Ben Carson got 9 percent with
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)got 7 percent while Se. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)9
got six percent. Gov. Chris Christie received five percent. Carly Fiorina followed with four percent and former Texas Gov. Rick Perry had two percent. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC)had one percent, as did Gov. Bobby Jindal, and former Sen. Rick Santorum. Gov. John Kasich and George Pataki were under one percent. President Obama carried North Carolina in 2008, but Republican nominee Mitt Romney took it back in 2012.
“Trump’s favorability rating in North Carolina is 55/32, much higher than we were finding in national polls prior to his entry into the race. Trump’s really caught fire with voters on the far right- 66% of ‘very conservative’ voters see him favorably to only 24% with a negative view of him. Trump is polling particularly well with younger voters (29%) and men (20%),” Public Policy Poll (PPP) reported.
Bush had been the leader in the North Carolina polls, but is struggling to get the conservative vote.
“Among ‘very conservative’ Republicans, only 37% see him favorably to 44% who have a negative opinion of him and only 7% of those voters support him for the nomination, putting him in 7th place in the GOP field. Bush’s overall 43/35 favorability is the second worst of any of the 10 candidates we measured that for, besting only Chris Christie’s 27/41 standing,” reported PPP.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/08/poll-donald-trump-leads-gop-field-in-north-carolina/

Peter1469
07-09-2015, 07:33 AM
I wonder if that will last?

Common Sense
07-09-2015, 07:33 AM
Cool...

Safety
07-09-2015, 07:46 AM
After his interview on CNN, anybody who says they would vote for Trump should be committed.

PolWatch
07-09-2015, 07:53 AM
After his interview on CNN, anybody who says they would vote for Trump should be committed.

I knew that before the interview....:wink:

Common
07-09-2015, 07:59 AM
I think people view trump as more truthful than other Politicians, they believe he will say what the others think and will not say.

Either way trump wont win the nomination the GOP big money will assure that. They want those they back to be hungry for their cash and controllable, Trump is neither. I do believe hes more honest that Scott Walker and Chris Christie and if I had to I would vote for him over those two any day all day long

PolWatch
07-09-2015, 08:21 AM
Politics is a crap shoot....there is no way to accurately predict what will happen. I won't predict this WILL happen but I will state what I THINK will happen.

Trump will drop out of the running prior to the final date requiring financial disclosure. He will tell everyone that he is having to drop out of the race because the unfair media reports have damaged his businesses. He doesn't really need the money but he is concerned about all his employees in the effected businesses (he's such a nice guy). He will give a spiel about how fearless he is but feels he must now devote himself to recovering lost ground. He will sincerely regret that America doesn't have enough brave citizens to demand him as king, er, president.....and BTW don't forget to tune in to his TV show...buy his clothing line....rent his properties......imo

Cigar
07-09-2015, 08:41 AM
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/EaganT/2015/EaganT20150709_low.jpg

Mac-7
07-09-2015, 09:07 AM

Would you care to explain what trump said that should cause trump supporters to be locked up?

Common
07-09-2015, 11:13 AM
Would you care to explain what trump said that should cause trump supporters to be locked up?

Im guessing what he said about immigration

Private Pickle
07-09-2015, 11:14 AM
I wonder if that will last?

It won't.

Common
07-09-2015, 11:21 AM
It won't.

crystal ball ?

Private Pickle
07-09-2015, 11:24 AM
crystal ball ?

Precedence. Same thing happened last election.

Common
07-09-2015, 12:00 PM
Difference this election, big difference trump is saying things this time people want to hear and already believe. Do I think hes going to win, no!!! but I think hes going to upset the applecart for awhile

Safety
07-09-2015, 12:55 PM

Im guessing what he said about immigration

No, because first he didn't answer any questions that Cooper asked him, he instead just deflected about how the Mexicans like him....duh, because he does business with them. He wants to make Mexico build a wall, but does not specify how to make them. Then the outright lie about more illegal immigrants have entered illegally under Obama than ever before.

That was the cliffs note version.

MisterVeritis
07-09-2015, 12:57 PM
I am committed to Trump. :-)

Cigar
07-09-2015, 12:59 PM
No, because first he didn't answer any questions that Cooper asked him, he instead just deflected about how the Mexicans like him....duh, because he does business with them. He wants to make Mexico build a wall, but does not specify how to make them. Then the outright lie about more illegal immigrants have entered illegally under Obama than ever before.

I sure wish I could get Chris Christie and Donald Trump to come give their straight talk speeches to Chicago's Washington Park. :grin:

zelmo1234
07-09-2015, 01:33 PM
I sure wish I could get Chris Christie and Donald Trump to come give their straight talk speeches to Chicago's Washington Park. :grin:

You would not get Obama, with out SS not to mention he can't tell the truth.

Cigar
07-09-2015, 01:40 PM
You would not get Obama, with out SS not to mention he can't tell the truth.

BTW ... his Presidential Muslim will be blocks away and he's already given numerous speeches in The Hyde Park area already.

Oops ... I guess you didn't know :grin:

Bob
07-09-2015, 01:48 PM
Since this is 2015 and not 2016, those sort of polls strike me as not worth the time to take the poll.

There are going on 20 candidates. Donald told the truth. But do the people want the truth.

Those not wanting the truth will of course vote for Hillary and those hating the rich will side with Bernie Sanders.

Bob
07-09-2015, 01:51 PM
You can't get your Democratic party card unless you believe, and will take the oath, that you accept illegals as pure as gold American citizens.

PolWatch
07-09-2015, 02:04 PM
You can't get your republican party card unless you agree to accept outrageous statements without concern for honesty or fact.

Cigar
07-09-2015, 02:05 PM
You can't get your republican party card unless you agree to accept outrageous statements without concern for honesty or fact.

They don't have the Stones to stand up to Trump

PolWatch
07-09-2015, 02:09 PM
They don't have the Stones to stand up to Trump

I think the majority of the repub candidates are between a rock & a hard place. One article pointed out they don't want to anger the right wing base because they are usually the ones who vote in the primary. The don't want to anger the more moderate republicans because they are the ones who turn out on election day.

Bob
07-09-2015, 02:11 PM
I think the majority of the repub candidates are between a rock & a hard place. One article pointed out they don't want to anger the right wing base because they are usually the ones who vote in the primary. The don't want to anger the more moderate republicans because they are the ones who turn out on election day.

I vote both times and I am centrist. (I know, you may not think so, but I really am)

1751_Texan
07-09-2015, 02:44 PM
Difference this election, big difference trump is saying things this time people want to hear and already believe. Do I think hes going to win, no!!! but I think hes going to upset the applecart for awhile

The problem as the GOP sees it...if he upsets the apple cart, there may not be a way to upright it and get it rolling again.

The GOP fears Trump skipping off leaving them with their dicks in their hands trying to fix the damage.

Donald Trump may be the first nominee in American history to be fired off a Presidential nominating campaign.

Mac-7
07-09-2015, 06:11 PM

Nothing trump said was disprovable.

liberals just happen to disagree.

But I'm guessing you are at least backing off your wish to lock up trump supporters.

Safety
07-09-2015, 06:14 PM
Nothing trump said was disprovable.

liberals just happen to disagree.

But I'm guessing you are at least backing off your wish to lock up trump supporters.

Actually the part where he said more illegals have entered the country under obama. That was debunked by CNN.

Your turn.

Mac-7
07-09-2015, 06:16 PM
Actually the part where he said more illegals have entered the country under obama. That was debunked by CNN.

Your turn.

CNN has no way of knowing how many illegals have entered the country.

Safety
07-09-2015, 06:18 PM
CNN has no way of knowing how many illegals have entered the country.

It's called research. Trump can't even control how many illegals are working on his hotels, so what the hell would he know about research?

Mac-7
07-09-2015, 06:21 PM
It's called research.

It's also called making up bullshit to fit the situation.

CNN does not know how many illegals have entered the US in the last 6 years.

PolWatch
07-09-2015, 06:22 PM

Kinda like Trump is doing?

Safety
07-09-2015, 06:22 PM

Yes, I agree, Trump made up bullshit to help win support from the locksteps.

Safety
07-09-2015, 06:23 PM
Kinda like Trump is doing?

gmta

PolWatch
07-09-2015, 06:25 PM
I guess if CNN can't prove a statement never registers that means that Trump can't prove the same statement.....go figure

texan
07-09-2015, 06:31 PM
It would be awesome if he got elected. It would be so damn much fun around here.

Mac-7
07-09-2015, 06:31 PM
Yes, I agree, Trump made up bull$#@! to help win support from the locksteps.

Maybe.

No one knows for sure how many illegals have invaded this country.

But no open borders liberal can prove trump is wrong either.

Safety
07-09-2015, 06:38 PM
Maybe.

Right, because talking out of one's ass is ok, as long as it can't be proven. But the funny thing is...it can be proven, and CNN proved it.

texan
07-09-2015, 06:42 PM
Maybe.

Well let me say its enough to bankrupt hospitals and school systems.................You guys really should do some research.

Enough that every damn thing has a Spanish option to it including some signs now........yeah we don't know how FEW are here.

PolWatch
07-09-2015, 07:04 PM
Maybe.

I am allowed to post remarks on this forum the same as any other member. If you don't like my remarks, please feel free to respond with your views. Disagreement with your views is allowed, even by mods. Responding to posts I disagree with is not stalking. Quit playing the victim.

Mac-7
07-09-2015, 07:23 PM
Right, because talking out of one's ass is ok, as long as it can't be proven. But the funny thing is...it can be proven, and CNN proved it.

Trump is not the only one who knows that illegal aliens are overrunning the country.

You can quibble over the numbers but only liberals think everything is ok.

Mac-7
07-09-2015, 07:25 PM
I am allowed to post remarks on this forum the same as any other member. If you don't like my remarks, please feel free to respond with your views. Disagreement with your views is allowed, even by mods. Responding to posts I disagree with is not stalking. Quit playing the victim.

I pm'ed you as required by the rules.

You are breaking the rules by not replying through a pm also.

Safety
07-09-2015, 07:45 PM
Trump is not the only one who knows that illegal aliens are overrunning the country.

You can quibble over the numbers but only liberals think everything is ok.

Nobody said everything was ok. I am debunking your silly notion that one can spout of any bit of misinformation and not get called out for it. Trump is making himself look like a moron and the people who support him like idiots.

Safety
07-09-2015, 07:46 PM

http://4pmhappyhour.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/as.jpg

PolWatch
07-09-2015, 07:51 PM

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.xnSeligecB25gY4rn0OtqA&pid=15.1&rs=1&c=1&qlt=95&w=174&h=114

MisterVeritis
07-10-2015, 11:26 AM
Nobody said everything was ok. I am debunking your silly notion that one can spout of any bit of misinformation and not get called out for it. Trump is making himself look like a moron and the people who support him like idiots.
That is what all of the authoritarian statists of both parties keep saying. And yet Trump's position with the electorate continues to rise relative to the rest of second-stringers out there. My vote is Trump's to lose. It is looking better and better every day.

MisterVeritis
07-10-2015, 11:26 AM
https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.xnSeligecB25gY4rn0OtqA&pid=15.1&rs=1&c=1&qlt=95&w=174&h=114
:-)

It is clear that the rulz are for the subhumans. Rulz-making are for our superiors.