PDA

View Full Version : Tom Selleck ~ Watergate ?

exotix
07-09-2015, 07:44 AM
Today

Tom Selleck stealing water for Calif. avocado ranch ?

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/07/09/tom-selleck-stealing-water-for-calif-ranch/

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-tom-selleck-water-complaint-20150707-story.html

A water district has sued Tom Selleck, claiming the star of the crime shows "Magnum, P.I." and "Blue Bloods" stole truckloads of water from a public hydrant and brought it to his 60-acre avocado ranch in drought-stricken California.

The Calleguas Municipal Water District in Ventura County claims a tanker truck filled up at a hydrant more than a dozen times and hauled water to a 60-acre ranch owned by Selleck in Westlake Village.

The district also says it spent nearly $22,000 to hire a private investigator to document the alleged thefts that date back two years.

The Los Angeles Times says Selleck grows avocados at the ranch.

Reps for Selleck did not return AP's phone messages and emails seeking comment Wednesday.

The lawsuit also names his wife, Jillie Selleck.

The lawsuit was filed on June 30 after California communities were ordered to cut water use by 25 percent compared with 2013 levels due to the state's four-year drought.

The area in Ventura County where Selleck has his land is under mandatory cutbacks as high 36 percent from 2013.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/tom-selleck-accused-stealing-water-calif-drought-article-1.2285468

http://static2.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2286016.1436395364!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_635/article-selleck2-0708.jpg

Captain Obvious
07-09-2015, 07:45 AM
Selleck is one of those liberal space cadets who thinks he can do anything.

Pistol whip and pepper spray the fuckstick.

Common Sense
07-09-2015, 07:46 AM
I thought Tom was a conservative. Conservatives don't steal from the public, do they?

Common Sense
07-09-2015, 07:47 AM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/54/94/f9/5494f91a42ada6ad318b413960147ee3.jpg

exotix
07-09-2015, 07:47 AM
Joke in Hollywood ~ Magnum pH

exotix
07-09-2015, 07:48 AM

Pistol whip and pepper spray the $#@!stick.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/54/94/f9/5494f91a42ada6ad318b413960147ee3.jpgpwn'd .. LOL

Captain Obvious
07-09-2015, 07:49 AM
I thought Tom was a conservative. Conservatives don't steal from the public, do they?

He's one of these dipshits who can't figure out where he stands on issues, so that firmly puts him in the progressive camp.

Captain Obvious
07-09-2015, 07:49 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/54/94/f9/5494f91a42ada6ad318b413960147ee3.jpg

lol! Right...

PolWatch
07-09-2015, 07:52 AM
He's one of these dipshits who can't figure out where he stands on issues, so that firmly puts him in the progressive camp.

ah-ha! another covert liberal pretending to be a liberal pretending to be a conservative pretending to be space alien (sorry, I got kinda lost in all the pretense).

Common Sense
07-09-2015, 07:53 AM

Oh, OK...

Common Sense
07-09-2015, 07:56 AM
Funny how if someone claims to be a conservative, espouses conservative values, makes conservative speeches, supports the GOP, but then steals water, he's labeled a progressive.

Someone needs to pull their head out from their arse hole.

PolWatch
07-09-2015, 07:57 AM
Funny how if someone claims to be a conservative, espouses conservative values, makes conservative speeches, supports the GOP, but then steals water, he's labeled a progressive.

Someone needs to pull their head out from their arse hole.

^^^protective device^^^^ gotta be able to blame everything on progressives

Common Sense
07-09-2015, 07:59 AM
^^^protective device^^^^ gotta be able to blame everything on progressives

...and only in the US does someone only fall into these two camps. One day he's conservative, does something stupid, then he ends up on the opposite side of the political spectrum.

hanger4
07-09-2015, 08:23 AM
Aaaaaah hell their are plenty of hollywood LWNJ consumming more than their fair share of water;

http://pagesix.com/2015/05/09/3941513/

Selleck was picked out for MSM scrutiny cause he is conservative.

Common Sense
07-09-2015, 08:33 AM
Aaaaaah hell their are plenty of hollywood LWNJ consumming more than their fair share of water;

Are they filling huge water trucks from a public source?

You'll have to tell Captain he's a conservative. He says Tom is a "progressive".

Captain Obvious
07-09-2015, 08:33 AM

Selleck's not a conservative, he's a Hollywood dipshit with 3 brain cells who likes wearing conservative t-shirts.

Common Sense
07-09-2015, 08:35 AM
Selleck's not a conservative, he's a Hollywood dipshit with 3 brain cells who likes wearing conservative t-shirts.

Oh, Ok...

del
07-09-2015, 08:39 AM

"It's not that conservatives don't care. We do. We just have different answers than liberals do. It's a difference of the mind, not of the heart."

- tom selleck
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/tomselleck195750.html#esodw7xqI7huB5UW.99

del
07-09-2015, 08:40 AM

lol

bless your heart, of course he is.

del
07-09-2015, 08:42 AM

:rofl:

yeah, that's it, the fucking msm is out to gitcha

Captain Obvious
07-09-2015, 08:43 AM
"It's not that conservatives don't care. We do. We just have different answers than liberals do. It's a difference of the mind, not of the heart."

- tom selleck
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/tomselleck195750.html#esodw7xqI7huB5UW.99

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Clause...

:biglaugh:

del
07-09-2015, 08:45 AM
Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Clause...

how's your duodenum looking these days, cap?

you seem to spend a lot of time studying it, up close and personal

Peter1469
07-09-2015, 08:49 AM
I expect that is going to cost him a lot of money. Doesn't that area produce the bulk of the avocados for the US?

hanger4
07-09-2015, 08:50 AM
Are they filling huge water trucks from a public.

Municipal water is municipal water. It maters not how it is/was aquired.

Are you really defending LWNJs steeling water while condeming a Con ?? just askin.

Captain Obvious
07-09-2015, 08:51 AM
how's your duodenum looking these days, cap?

you seem to spend a lot of time studying it, up close and personal

ok - I had to google that. I thought maybe it was one of those mini thumb drives you install programs from.

del
07-09-2015, 08:54 AM

Are you really defending LWNJs steeling water while condeming a Con ?? just askin.

well, yeah, it kinda does because if you take it out of the tap at your house, you get billed for it.

when you steal it from a hydrant, not so much.

nice attempt, though.

PolWatch
07-09-2015, 08:58 AM
does it really matter if he is a lib or a con? He has demonstrated he feels the restrictions (better late than never) don't apply to him. He is a sleaze. People who are obeying the rules might be showing up at his door with pitchforks & buckets (to take those avocados).

Captain Obvious
07-09-2015, 08:59 AM
does it really matter if he is a lib or a con? He has demonstrated he feels the restrictions (better late than never) don't apply to him. He is a sleaze. People who are obeying the rules might be showing up at his door with pitchforks & buckets (to take those avocados).

That's kind of my point.

And if you've ever heard this guy interviewed or heard him talking about things you should be able to easily discern that he's about as sharp as a bowling ball. Total dipshit.

PolWatch
07-09-2015, 09:03 AM
That's kind of my point.

And if you've ever heard this guy interviewed or heard him talking about things you should be able to easily discern that he's about as sharp as a bowling ball. Total dipshit.

But a cute dip....20 years ago anyway

Tricia
07-09-2015, 09:04 AM

That's exactly it. I don't care if I agree with someone politically or not. The rules are for everyone.

Captain Obvious
07-09-2015, 09:06 AM
But a cute dip....20 years ago anyway

I guess...

Common Sense
07-09-2015, 09:09 AM

The difference is those people you cited are purchasing the water. Selleck was caught stealing it from hydrants.

I'm not defending those celebs, just noting a remarkable difference.

hanger4
07-09-2015, 09:11 AM

I agree, but just can't help but wonder why Selleck is singled out and Kim Kardashian, Barbra Streisandand, Jennifer Lopez,Jessica Simpson, Hugh Hefner and Cher are ignored ??

zelmo1234
07-09-2015, 09:12 AM

I think that you are right,, I know that he is pro Gun, but that doesn't mean that he is Republican or Conservative, but I think he is

Common Sense
07-09-2015, 09:12 AM
I agree, but just can't help but wonder why Selleck is singled out and Kim Kardashian, Barbra Streisandand, Jennifer Lopez,Jessica Simpson, Hugh Hefner and Cher are ignored ??

...again, because he stole the water.

"A water district has sued Tom Selleck, claiming the star of the crime shows "Magnum, P.I." and "Blue Bloods" stole truckloads of water from a public hydrant and brought it to his 60-acre avocado ranch in drought-stricken California."

It's right there in the article.

PolWatch
07-09-2015, 09:14 AM

Are they stealing water too? If so, they need to be charged for the same crime. I suspect we would be seeing lots of headlines for any of the rich and famous being stinkers....regardless of politics.

Common Sense
07-09-2015, 09:17 AM
Are they stealing water too? If so, they need to be charged for the same crime. I suspect we would be seeing lots of headlines for any of the rich and famous being stinkers....regardless of politics.

What's funny is that the charge is that Selleck is being "singled out". The attempt to prove that was an article critical of celebs and their use of water.

Doesn't that indeed prove he's not being singled out?

Again, the huge difference is the fact that it's alleged that he stole the water. The celebs in question payed for the water. They should be chastised as well, but it's not exactly the same.

hanger4
07-09-2015, 09:19 AM
The difference is those people you cited are purchasing the water. Selleck was caught stealing it from hydrants.

I'm not defending those celebs, just noting a remarkable difference.

How do know it wasn't the water truck company steeling the water ??

Actually it doesn't really matter, Selleck was wrong and singled out for MSM attention. Just wondering why ??

PolWatch
07-09-2015, 09:23 AM
He was singled out because he was CAUGHT filling up tankers after a cease & desist order had been issued.

I thought Hillary's whine about the vast right wing conspiracy was pitiful when she said it, it is still pitiful when used as a vast left wing conspiracy whine.

Private Pickle
07-09-2015, 09:26 AM
He was singled out because he was CAUGHT filling up tankers after a cease & desist order had been issued.

I thought Hillary's whine about the vast right wing conspiracy was pitiful when she said it, it is still pitiful when used as a vast left wing conspiracy whine.

Selleck was driving the truck?

Common Sense
07-09-2015, 09:29 AM
I keep forgetting that conservatives often see themselves as victims.

PolWatch
07-09-2015, 09:38 AM
Selleck was driving the truck?

read the OP....unless someone was stealing water to give to Selleck as an early Christmas gift, I suspect he was involved.

Private Pickle
07-09-2015, 09:39 AM
read the OP....unless someone was stealing water to give to Selleck as an early Christmas gift, I suspect he was involved.

It was a water company that Selleck hired wasn't it?

Captain Obvious
07-09-2015, 09:51 AM

Victimization is a fundamental principle basis with progress.

Thanks for trying though, you get a B- for effort.

exotix
07-09-2015, 10:05 AM
Victimization is a fundamental principle basis with progress.

Thanks for trying though, you get a B- for effort.
If Selleck was a Lib he woud have been thrown-up against the wall ... so yes because he's a conservative, he can plead (party of) victim(s).

Private Pickle
07-09-2015, 10:11 AM
If Selleck was a Lib he woud have been thrown-up against the wall ... so yes because he's a conservative, he can plead (party of) victim(s).

This is California we are talking about.

del
07-09-2015, 10:16 AM

since you know about them, they haven't been ignored, have they?

also, i think tommy is probably being singled out because he stole the water.

this isn't rocket surgery.

del
07-09-2015, 10:17 AM
How do know it wasn't the water truck company steeling the water ??

Actually it doesn't really matter, Selleck was wrong and singled out for MSM attention. Just wondering why ??

del
07-09-2015, 10:18 AM

you misspelled always

tighten up

Private Pickle
07-09-2015, 10:20 AM
So here is the thing. He is being sued. He isn't beI have charged with a crime.

Why is that?

del
07-09-2015, 10:21 AM

Why is that?

because it's a civil offense and not a criminal one.

pretty complicated stuff, apparently

Private Pickle
07-09-2015, 10:23 AM
because it's a civil offense and not a criminal one.

pretty complicated stuff, apparently

Well he "stole" water. Why wouldn't that be criminal?

del
07-09-2015, 10:24 AM
Well he "stole" water. Why wouldn't that be criminal?

beats the shit out of "me".

but, please, continue your spirited defense of whatever it is your defending.

it amuses

Private Pickle
07-09-2015, 10:30 AM
beats the shit out of "me".

but, please, continue your spirited defense of whatever it is your defending.

it amuses

Don't you have a wagon to fall off?

Anyhow, point being they don't have enough evidence for a criminal case.

del
07-09-2015, 10:34 AM
Don't you have a wagon to fall off?

Anyhow, point being they don't have enough evidence for a criminal case.

that's a really good point.

find someone who thinks it matters and you're good to go.

PolWatch
07-09-2015, 10:37 AM
Since he violated a cease & desist order they seem to be suing to regain the value of water taken and the cost of obtaining evidence. He had a prior contract for the water which had expired but he continued to take the water. There may not be a law against stealing water since the drought is a recent event. Civil damages may be the only punishment option available to them at this time. I don't know. I do know that he is a sleaze to think he can do what others can't.

Private Pickle
07-09-2015, 10:37 AM
that's a really good point.

find someone who thinks it matters and you're good to go.

Well anyone who is accusing him of "stealing" is technically incorrect. But go ahead and continue your righteous journey towards justice.

Private Pickle
07-09-2015, 10:38 AM
Since he violated a cease & desist order they seem to be suing to regain the value of water taken and the cost of obtaining evidence. He had a prior contract for the water which had expired but he continued to take the water. There may not be a law against stealing water since the drought is a recent event. Civil damages may be the only punishment option available to them at this time. I don't know. I do know that he is a sleaze to think he can do what others can't.

Technically we don't know what involvement he had.

Captain Obvious
07-09-2015, 10:38 AM
http://treasure.diylol.com/uploads/post/image/371012/resized_selleck-meme-generator-save-california-tom-selleck-2014-36f892.jpg

PolWatch
07-09-2015, 10:39 AM
True...unless he is charged with receiving stolen goods. That would a hoot to prove.

del
07-09-2015, 10:41 AM
Well anyone who is accusing him of "stealing" is technically incorrect. But go ahead and continue your righteous journey towards justice.

and anyone who has to resort to the *technically incorrect* ploy has had their ass handed to them

but go ahead and continue making excuses for entitled people who wouldn't piss on you if you were fully engulfed in flames, let alone throw water on you.

del
07-09-2015, 10:43 AM
Technically we don't know what involvement he had.

yeah, probably some random door-to-door water salesman that wouldn't take no for an answer.

Private Pickle
07-09-2015, 10:43 AM
and anyone who has to resort to the *technically incorrect* ploy has had their ass handed to them

but go ahead and continue making excuses for entitled people who wouldn't piss on you if you were fully engulfed in flames, let alone throw water on you.

Sounds like you.

Private Pickle
07-09-2015, 10:44 AM
yeah, probably some random door-to-door water salesman that wouldn't take no for an answer.

A little more plausible than Tom Selleck driving a water tanker and filling it up 60 times.

Ravens Fan
07-09-2015, 10:46 AM

Why is that?

Because he is the Police Commissioner?

Private Pickle
07-09-2015, 10:48 AM
Because he is the Police Commissioner?

No way really???

Ravens Fan
07-09-2015, 10:48 AM
I don't care who he is, if he did wrong he should man up and settle in court. I have a feeling he weighed his options and felt it was worth the cost to save his crop. I hate it when actors I like do ignorant stuff like this though.

Ravens Fan
07-09-2015, 10:49 AM
No way really???

Well, not really, but he plays one on TV :tongue:

Private Pickle
07-09-2015, 10:50 AM
Well, not really, but he plays one on TV :tongue:

Oh right. Hang him!

Private Pickle
07-09-2015, 10:52 AM
I don't care who he is, if he did wrong he should man up and settle in court. I have a feeling he weighed his options and felt it was worth the cost to save his crop. I hate it when actors I like do ignorant stuff like this though.

But what about the avocado trees? If he let them die the environmentalists would be burning him in effigy.

Ravens Fan
07-09-2015, 10:54 AM
But what about the avocado trees? If he let them die the environmentalists would be burning him in effigy.

I'm pretty sure the whole thing was about money.

Private Pickle
07-09-2015, 10:56 AM

What do we want?

AVACADOS!

When do we want them?

NOW!

hanger4
07-09-2015, 11:02 AM

pagesix is hardly MSM. I saw this story first on ABC News.

sachem
07-09-2015, 11:16 AM
Tom is a thief. Not good.

Private Pickle
07-09-2015, 11:18 AM
Tom is a thief. Not good.

But think of all then avocado monuments they will build in his honor!

He robbed from the rich and gave to the thirsty. A modern day Robin Da Hood!

Common
07-09-2015, 11:20 AM

Most everything is about money

Private Pickle
07-09-2015, 11:23 AM
Most everything is about money

Not in this case. As Founder for the Equal Protection of Avacados and Other Fruit Bearing Trees Association (E.P.A.O.F.B.T.A) I declare Quigley Avocadotarian of the Year.

sachem
07-09-2015, 11:24 AM
But think of all then avocado monuments they will build in his honor!

He robbed from the rich and gave to the thirsty. A modern day Robin Da Hood!I'm not a fan of avocado.

Private Pickle
07-09-2015, 11:26 AM
I'm not a fan of avocado.

Anti-Avocadoite!

We will close down your business and ruin your livelihood!

sachem
07-09-2015, 11:36 AM
Anti-Avocadoite!

We will close down your business and ruin your livelihood!http://downloadpolitics.com/images/smilies/eeek.gif

Private Pickle
07-09-2015, 12:00 PM
http://downloadpolitics.com/images/smilies/eeek.gif

You messed with the wrong fruit!

sachem
07-09-2015, 12:01 PM
You messed with the wrong fruit!
I guess!!!!!!!!

exotix
07-09-2015, 12:08 PM
Did anyone catch where Selleck did his thievery ?

https://www.hiddenvalley.com/assets/products/HVR-New-Flavors-0000-Avocado.png

The Sage of Main Street
07-09-2015, 02:42 PM
ah-ha! another covert liberal pretending to be a liberal pretending to be a conservative pretending to be space alien (sorry, I got kinda lost in all the pretense). His Hate Whitey flick Quigley Down Under put him in the warm and fuzzy Kumbaya camp.

1751_Texan
07-09-2015, 02:53 PM

Doesn't that describe the majority of the Republican/GOP/Social Conservative/TEA/Constitutional Conservative/Moral Majority Party?

PolWatch
07-09-2015, 03:12 PM
Private Pickle getting ready for the "Free the Avocado" march
https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.OyN0d1dhBrsJFpDZfUhQLw&pid=15.1&rs=1&c=1&qlt=95&w=110&h=113

Private Pickle
07-09-2015, 04:50 PM
Private Pickle getting ready for the "Free the Avocado" march
https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.OyN0d1dhBrsJFpDZfUhQLw&pid=15.1&rs=1&c=1&qlt=95&w=110&h=113

We are Avacados and we deserve water too!

Calypso Jones
07-18-2015, 06:51 AM
freakin' lying californicating leftists:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-water-district-settlement-selleck-20150715-story.html

Calypso Jones
07-18-2015, 06:54 AM
government offices have gotten away with over use of water while citizens are monitored and fined.

So California.

JDubya
07-18-2015, 08:20 AM
We are Avacados and we deserve water too!

Avocado Lives Matter!!!

JDubya
07-18-2015, 08:23 AM
government offices have gotten away with over use of water while citizens are monitored and fined.

So California.

Excuse me, but private farmers in California have always been allowed to use as much water as they needed or wanted.

There has traditionally been no limits or restrictions on agricultural water usage.

If there are right now, they have only been put in place very recently.

Private Pickle
07-18-2015, 10:29 AM
By the way....as per usual the government fucked this up... Selleck was cool enough to reimburse them for the Private Investigator they hired...

On Wednesday, the water district accepted Selleck’s settlement offer. He agreed to stop transporting water outside Calleguas’ boundaries and to reimburse the cost of the private investigator, about $22,000, district officials said.
But after the settlement was unanimously approved, the actor’s attorney issued a statement, marking the first public comment by one of Selleck’s representatives and an epilogue to a dispute that generated global intrigue.

lRelated (http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-water-district-settlement-selleck-20150715-story.html#)http://www.trbimg.com/img-559d7658/turbine/la-me-ln-tom-selleck-water-complaint-20150707/150/150x150 (http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-tom-selleck-water-complaint-20150707-story.html)L.A. Now (http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-tom-selleck-water-complaint-20150707-story.html)Did 'Magnum P.I.' star Tom Selleck steal truckloads of hydrant water? A real P.I. was on case (http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-tom-selleck-water-complaint-20150707-story.html)See all related (http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-water-district-settlement-selleck-20150715-story.html#)

8 (http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-water-district-settlement-selleck-20150715-story.html#)

“Mr. Selleck did not receive any notifications prior to last week stating that he was acting outside of regulations decreed by the county,” attorney Marty Singer said in the statement, which was issued through a publicist. “Mr. Selleck previously paid for all the water that he utilized, which the Calleguas Municipal Water District acknowledged had not been stolen.”