PDA

View Full Version : Comey versus The Political Forums

Ransom
07-09-2015, 01:47 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/07/09/james-comey-july-fourth-terror-islamic-state/29916253/

FBI Director James Comey said Thursday that federal authorities disrupted an undisclosed number of plots timed to the July 4th holiday to "kill people in the United States."

The Political Forums have repeatedly taken the position that ISIS isn't a threat to these United States.

The plots, FBI Director James Comey said, were linked to the Islamic State terror group.

The Political forums have consistently taken the viewpoint that some other country should handle this issue, ISIS is the jv team. A sideshow.

In advance of July 4th, the FBI and Department of Homeland Security had issued a warning of possible terror activity timed to the holiday. That bulletin, the director said, was prompted by the "overall threat" posed by ISIL and other extremists.

The Political Forums have consistently argued that ISIS presents no "overall threat", this bulletin to The Political Forums amounts to nothing more than Comey looking for more funding.

FBI Director James Comey said "dozens" of suspected ISIL recruits in the U.S. have eluded the reach of federal surveillance capability as they have moved to encrypted communications with the terror group.

If you told The Political Forums that "dozens" of ISIS recuited terrorists had eluded the reach of federal surveillance....meaning they don't know where they are.......given they've move to encrypted communications, they're making efforts to remain anonymous, the members of said Forum would ask you what country you want to invade next.

From Uncle Ransom to the United States of America and especially to the massive number of sheep in the United States of America:

Tick f'n tock.

Captain Obvious
07-09-2015, 01:48 PM
Too bad his first name isn't Dick.

Redrose
07-09-2015, 01:51 PM
I have consistantly said ISIS is a major problem for us, and we are foolish to think they won't attack us here on our soil. Lone wolves, can do an enormous amount of damage, physically and mentally.

I'd rather fight them over there, than in my own back yard.

Bob
07-09-2015, 01:54 PM
They have been talking of encryption on CSPAN.

So if you want to learn more, check some of the recent presentations on ... probably CSPAN-2

Ransom
07-09-2015, 01:55 PM
Roses are red
Violets are blue
The director's comments come a day after testifying before members of Congress about the security risks posed by
the government's limited investigative capabilities as suspects increasingly use encrypted applications to "go dark" too.

If withdrawal from Iraq was the game

Reality 1 Isolationism 0 was the score.

Ransom
07-09-2015, 01:56 PM
I have consistantly said ISIS is a major problem for us, and we are foolish to think they won't attack us here on our soil. Lone wolves, can do an enormous amount of damage, physically and mentally.

Major problem for us = National security risk

Bob
07-09-2015, 01:56 PM

Not me. I don't want to fight them here and at my age I won't fight them there.

:laugh: :slap::smiley_ROFLMAO:

PolWatch
07-09-2015, 02:01 PM
The Political Forums has taken no position or offered a position on any issue. The Political Forums is a site that allows individuals to post their opinions.

btw: inanimate web sites have no opinions....SCOTUS has not yet awarded them personhood.

Ransom
07-09-2015, 02:03 PM
The Political Forums has taken no position or offered a position on any issue. The Political Forums is a site that allows individuals to post their opinions.

btw: inanimate web sites have no opinions....SCOTUS has not yet awarded them personhood.

The Political Forums = Uncle Ransom's Class

PolWatch
07-09-2015, 02:04 PM
uh-huh

exotix
07-09-2015, 02:05 PM
He should call Lapierre.

PolWatch
07-09-2015, 02:07 PM
sshhh....when someone believes that a web site has an opinion, its usually best to not argue.....

Ransom
07-09-2015, 02:11 PM
sshhh....when someone believes that a web site has an opinion, its usually best to not argue.....

This web site = Uncle Ransom's classroom.

Ransom
07-09-2015, 02:12 PM
PolWatch = one of Uncle Ransom's students....albeit....not a very good one.

PolWatch
07-09-2015, 02:14 PM
https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/Upfo4sPp7v4XqevhtuOT4g--/YXBwaWQ9c3JjaGRkO2g9MzA2O3E9OTU7dz0zNTA-/http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000438231/polls_rofl_doggie_5924_342882_poll_xlarge.jpeg

The Sage of Main Street
07-09-2015, 02:17 PM
I have consistently said ISIS is a major problem for us, and we are foolish to think they won't attack us here on our soil. Lone wolves, can do an enormous amount of damage, physically and mentally.

I'd rather fight them over there, than in my own back yard. Deport all Muslims, at the point of a gun if necessary.

The Sage of Main Street
07-09-2015, 02:22 PM
This web site = Uncle Ransom's classroom. Is that your Project for the New American Centipede?

Peter1469
07-09-2015, 02:32 PM
The plots that the FBI are referring to are lone-wolf plotters from inside the US. They are not real members of the Islamic State and have not received any training- military or intel trade craft. They are not capable of sophisticated attacks and the vast majority of them get rolled up before their attacks.

We need to be worried about Americans coming back from the battlefield, since they would have had at least some military training.

Does IS have the ability to conduct a 9-11 type attack? No.

Ransom
07-09-2015, 02:38 PM
Comey makes many many.....many of your opinions in here...look well...a tad silly and naïve.

Lessons do come hard.

BTW, Uncle Ransom(The Political Forum's Professor) has repeatedly and consistently been right in line with Mr. Comey here. Has consistently and continually written about the threats ISIS poses to this nation, it's recruitment tactics, it's ability to threaten our homeland. I was in return labeled a neocon, mocked, told that Turkey could handle the crisis, explained to that it was none of our business, I was told I was wrong and erred.

Reckon it's true, he whose laughed at, laughs last.:biglaugh:

Return to your own analysis, Forum. Tell us where you all were last summer.....and where you are now.

Getting crowded in this neocon tent, turning into a regular all skate:biglaugh:

Redrose
07-09-2015, 02:45 PM
Major problem for us = National security risk

Our government is required to protect and defend the people. That is why we have a military.

ISIS has made it known we are an enemy and a target and they're coming for us. What part of "we will fly the flag of ISIS over the US Capitol"?

I don't see this issue being like Viet Nam or Afghanistan, etc. this is different. ISIS is a cancer that is spreading all over the world. They are coming after us, we are not invading them or policing their region. It's different. We are not the aggressor...they are.

It's ridiculous that some see it as minor or insignificant and brush it off. Cancer kills, and it starts off as a single cell.....just like ISIS.

We probably will never be free of a lone wolf ISIS or Al Qaida terrorist. That sick ideology has been put out there and there will be some who latch onto it in an attempt to belong to something bigger than themselves and make themselves feel powerful and important. We will always be dealing with an attack occassionally, minor probably, but people will be injured and die.

We made a huge tactical mistake by not going after ISIL (ISIS, IS) as soon as we were aware of them.

The stronger ISIS gets, the more attractive it will be to the zealots. It's human nature, people want to be on the winning team. More and more disenchanted losers will be recruited through the Internet.

It's not like Europe, Germany pre WWII. Nazi recruitment was a local system, newspapers, circulars, radio, word of mouth, brainwashing to fight for the motherland.

Today, the world has gotten much smaller, what happens in Eurasia does effect us. Our two oceans can't protect us any longer.

Even women are joining ISIS, I'm assuming only seeing ISIS as romantic heroes, not as they really are, murderous barbarians. My grandson says they think it's a big video game in real life. He may be right.

IMHO, our military leaders are being held back by this Administration's weak foreign policy.

Anyone who has played a game of chess knows we are setting ourselves up for a checkmate.

PolWatch
07-09-2015, 02:45 PM
Illeism /ˈɪli.ɪzəm/ (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA_for_English) (from Latin ille meaning "he, that") is the act of referring to oneself in the third person (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammatical_person) instead of first person (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammatical_person).

Similarly illeism is used with an air of grandeur, to give the speaker lofty airs. Idiosyncratic and conceited people are known to either use or are lampooned as using illeism to puff themselves up or illustrate their egoism
wiki
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egotism)

del
07-09-2015, 02:46 PM
del don't play that illeism game

del knows better

Ransom
07-09-2015, 02:49 PM
The plots that the FBI are referring to are lone-wolf plotters from inside the US. They are not real members of the Islamic State and have not received any training- military or intel trade craft. They are not capable of sophisticated attacks and the vast majority of them get rolled up before their attacks.

We need to be worried about Americans coming back from the battlefield, since they would have had at least some military training.

Does IS have the ability to conduct a 9-11 type attack? No.

I don't believe al-Qaeda is capable of a 9-11 style attack any longer, no fly lists, tighter security, etc.

The threat has evolved, the message to "kill Americans" is clear....a lone wolf shooter...or bomb maker....is a threat to our national security.

Pete here a recent arrival to the tent. From they're no national security threat to they actually are a national security threat...they cannot pull off a 9-11 style attack. A 9-11 style attack not the only form of attack, Pete. Cyber attacks. Lone wolf shooters. Someone with knowledge of chemical or biological agents. Dirty material from God knows what nation. Kidnappings.

Look to their tactics in the ME. Suicide bombers coming in first...creating confusion and shock. The Jihadists armed with weapons follow mowing down the already bewildered and terrified.

I thank God that where we have The Political Forums on one side with all their naïve error and lack of historical perspective....but people like James Comey who understand the threat.....and spell it out for the naïve and erred in black and white. They're here forum. They are today a direct threat to Americans and this nation. The time for listening to the sheep is over, the time to listen to cowardly isolationism over as well......I told you we'd have to confront this evil either sooner or later.....and The Political Forums napped.

Tick f'n Tock

Ravens Fan
07-09-2015, 02:50 PM

del knows better

Ravens Fan saw what you did there.

Ransom
07-09-2015, 02:51 PM

del knows better

What up, Walnut

del
07-09-2015, 02:51 PM
Ravens Fan saw what you did there.

del has no idea what ravens fan is talking about

del
07-09-2015, 02:53 PM
What up, Walnut

it's always good to see you up and volunteering other people to fight for you in third world shit holes.

del suggests you get back under your bed.

Ransom
No idea what Comey is talking about either.

Kaboom

Ransom
del = another of Uncle Ransom's students. Currently hovering at a D-.

Ransom
07-09-2015, 02:54 PM
Ravens Fan = not a student of Uncle Ransom's. Expelled for fraud(faking it).

Tsk tsk.

del
07-09-2015, 02:55 PM
No idea what Comey is talking about either.

Kaboom

zzzzzzz

Ransom
07-09-2015, 02:57 PM
zzzzzzz

Exactly. And PolWatch writing that the forum itself had no opinion. You all slept.....while the threat evolved.....and kaboom......they're here. In our neighborhoods, in our communities.

I told you so, Walnut. Gotta at least admit that, your teacher turned out to be correct. Again.

Ravens Fan
07-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Ravens Fan = not a student of Uncle Ransom's. Expelled for fraud(faking it).

Tsk tsk.

lol. Do you make the orderlies call you Uncle Ransom too?

PolWatch
07-09-2015, 03:00 PM
Exactly. And PolWatch writing that the forum itself had no opinion. You all slept.....while the threat evolved.....and kaboom......they're here. In our neighborhoods, in our communities.

I told you so, Walnut. Gotta at least admit that, your teacher turned out to be correct. Again.

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.elqams03aM8DbKk2hBOqFw&pid=15.1&rs=1&c=1&qlt=95&w=153&h=102

PolWatch
07-09-2015, 03:02 PM
lol. Do you make the orderlies call you Uncle Ransom too?

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.jsp2a8FIDEoPfsC8PpJrjA&pid=15.1&P=0

The Xl
07-09-2015, 03:22 PM
Sounds like propaganda and fearmongering.

The Xl
07-09-2015, 03:27 PM
Isis was created by the likely intentional destabilization of the area. Even so, they're still a regional threat. Selfies kill more Americans per year than Isis does, it's the newest boogeyman created by the military industrial complex through the proxy of the media and government.

Ransom
07-09-2015, 03:46 PM
Sounds like propaganda and fearmongering.

That is The Political Forum's position. Look who thanked this.

Lockstep herself.

Proving me right your hobby?

Tricia
07-09-2015, 03:54 PM
Lawd, all the crazies are out today!

Ransom
07-09-2015, 04:19 PM
Lawd, all the crazies are out today!

Many of the younger students refer to their teachers as crazy.

High school thing.

The Xl
07-09-2015, 04:39 PM
That is The Political Forum's position. Look who thanked this.

Lockstep herself.

Proving me right your hobby?
Just proves that they're on the money and you're incorrect.

McCool
07-09-2015, 06:02 PM
Deport all Muslims, at the point of a gun if necessary. Too exclusionary. Deport all illegal immigrants, first, then go after the America haters afterwards.

Green Arrow
07-09-2015, 11:25 PM
Uncle Ransom...given your constant references to the debt clock and criticism of exotix for saying deficits don't matter...how do you propose to pay for an indefinite military occupation of Iraq without exacerbating the debt?

donttread
07-10-2015, 05:41 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/07/09/james-comey-july-fourth-terror-islamic-state/29916253/

FBI Director James Comey said Thursday that federal authorities disrupted an undisclosed number of plots timed to the July 4th holiday to "kill people in the United States."

The plots, FBI Director James Comey said, were linked to the Islamic State terror group.

The Political forums have consistently taken the viewpoint that some other country should handle this issue, ISIS is the jv team. A sideshow.

In advance of July 4th, the FBI and Department of Homeland Security had issued a warning of possible terror activity timed to the holiday. That bulletin, the director said, was prompted by the "overall threat" posed by ISIL and other extremists.

The Political Forums have consistently argued that ISIS presents no "overall threat", this bulletin to The Political Forums amounts to nothing more than Comey looking for more funding.

FBI Director James Comey said "dozens" of suspected ISIL recruits in the U.S. have eluded the reach of federal surveillance capability as they have moved to encrypted communications with the terror group.

If you told The Political Forums that "dozens" of ISIS recuited terrorists had eluded the reach of federal surveillance....meaning they don't know where they are.......given they've move to encrypted communications, they're making efforts to remain anonymous, the members of said Forum would ask you what country you want to invade next.

From Uncle Ransom to the United States of America and especially to the massive number of sheep in the United States of America:

Tick f'n tock.

So they all eluded the feds until 7-4-15 when all the "pots to kill Americans" were magically stopped? Have a another glass of coolaid and relax.

midcan5
07-10-2015, 06:12 AM
Since America helped create ISIL it is sort of tragic that now it becomes the great devil and creator of fear and more bad policy decisions. Tribal societies like the Sunnis aka ISIL are dangerous but they are hardly a threat to America. What is a threat is our constant being on the wrong side of policy that only offend and rarely help.

'Our Jihadis and Theirs, The Real (Armed) Dangers of American Life'
http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/176013/tomgram%3A_engelhardt%2C_armed_violence_in_the_hom eland/

and

'America’s “Wars on . . .” have become an unhealthy Addiction'

"Consider the Afghan War — not the one in the 1980s when Washington funneled money and arms to the fundamentalist Mujahideen to inflict on the Soviet Union a Vietnam-style quagmire, but the more recent phase that began soon after 9/11. Keep in mind that what launched it were those attacks by 19 hijackers (15 of whom were Saudi nationals) representing a modest-sized organization lacking the slightest resemblance to a nation, state, or government. There was as well, of course, the fundamentalist Taliban movement that then controlled much of Afghanistan. It had emerged from the rubble of our previous war there and had provided support and sanctuary, though somewhat grudgingly, to Osama bin Laden." http://www.juancole.com/2015/06/americas-unhealthy-addiction.html

"Among the first countries to take the United States up on its offer was Iran....In 1957, Tehran and Washington signed a nuclear cooperation agreement, formally titled the Cooperation Concerning Civil Uses of Atoms....Business as well as politics drove the United States to sign the deal, according to Fitzpatrick.

“Iran was eyeing a vast nuclear energy program, and presumably would have purchased much of the equipment for that program from American companies,” Fitzpatrick said." http://www.juancole.com/2015/07/nuclear-program-washington.html

Ransom
07-10-2015, 06:42 AM
Uncle Ransom...given your constant references to the debt clock and criticism of exotix for saying deficits don't matter...how do you propose to pay for an indefinite military occupation of Iraq without exacerbating the debt?

Deficits don't matter if it's a (D) in office GA, you follow Debt Clock's opinions as well. Furthermore, the difference between deficits and debt was shown and explained, DC continues to believe to this day that our debt is decreasing due to Obama policies. And for that, he's earned my ignore list, I simply cannot stand to see another human being leashed and led so easily. I thought slavery was over until I met DC.

Secondly, I've posted several times the nations income and spending and shown we've more than enough monies for Defense........ lastly, I've states several times that we are going to have to confront ISIS sooner or later..... it gets more expensive in both blood and money the longer you wait. Turkey isn't going to solve this, GA. Neither is the UN, the UK, the Eurozone, Russia, China, nor regional interests. The longer you sit and fester on your ass, the more painful that boil on your bum becomes. Smarten up. Take Debt Clock's points of view too, make you look much more competent? Talk about an integrity crusher, keep hitching your wagon to that horse, Sundance.

:biglaugh:

Ransom
07-10-2015, 06:45 AM
So they all eluded the feds until 7-4-15 when all the "pots to kill Americans" were magically stopped? Have a another glass of coolaid and relax.

Being proven wrong doesn't sit well with liberals. Huh donttread? Too f'n bad, the I told you so is sitting well with me and that's because Uncle Ransom told all of you so. He is right. Ewe are wrong. You Isolationists boned another one. This one badly.

The Sage of Main Street
07-10-2015, 01:28 PM
Lessons do come hard.

BTW, Uncle Ransom has repeatedly and consistently been right in line with Mr. Comey here. Has consistently and continually written about the threats ISIS poses to this nation, its recruitment tactics, its ability to threaten our homeland. I was in return labeled a neocon, mocked, told that Turkey could handle the crisis, explained to that it was none of our business, I was told I was wrong and erred.

Return to your own analysis, Forum. Tell us where you all were last summer.....and where you are now.

:biglaugh: Turkey is not only buying ISIS's oil, but it champions them for being the best weapon against Assad.

The Sage of Main Street
07-10-2015, 01:41 PM
Similarly illeism is used with an air of grandeur, to give the speaker lofty airs.
wiki
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egotism)

del knows better Teh del has lofty airs, while Teh Ransom has a lofty arse.

The Sage of Main Street
07-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Too exclusionary. Deport all illegal immigrants, first, then go after the America haters afterwards. Do you mean the Hate Whitey snobs, who teach our young that American history is all about land theft, genocide, and the destruction of Nature?

donttread
07-10-2015, 02:00 PM
Since America helped create ISIL it is sort of tragic that now it becomes the great devil and creator of fear and more bad policy decisions. Tribal societies like the Sunnis aka ISIL are dangerous but they are hardly a threat to America. What is a threat is our constant being on the wrong side of policy that only offend and rarely help.

'Our Jihadis and Theirs, The Real (Armed) Dangers of American Life'
http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/176013/tomgram%3A_engelhardt%2C_armed_violence_in_the_hom eland/

and

'America’s “Wars on . . .” have become an unhealthy Addiction'

"Consider the Afghan War — not the one in the 1980s when Washington funneled money and arms to the fundamentalist Mujahideen to inflict on the Soviet Union a Vietnam-style quagmire, but the more recent phase that began soon after 9/11. Keep in mind that what launched it were those attacks by 19 hijackers (15 of whom were Saudi nationals) representing a modest-sized organization lacking the slightest resemblance to a nation, state, or government. There was as well, of course, the fundamentalist Taliban movement that then controlled much of Afghanistan. It had emerged from the rubble of our previous war there and had provided support and sanctuary, though somewhat grudgingly, to Osama bin Laden." http://www.juancole.com/2015/06/americas-unhealthy-addiction.html

"Among the first countries to take the United States up on its offer was Iran....In 1957, Tehran and Washington signed a nuclear cooperation agreement, formally titled the Cooperation Concerning Civil Uses of Atoms....Business as well as politics drove the United States to sign the deal, according to Fitzpatrick.

“Iran was eyeing a vast nuclear energy program, and presumably would have purchased much of the equipment for that program from American companies,” Fitzpatrick said." http://www.juancole.com/2015/07/nuclear-program-washington.html

Yup the CIA's terrorist creation program has been an incredible success!

Green Arrow
07-10-2015, 06:18 PM
Deficits don't matter if it's a (D) in office GA, you follow Debt Clock's opinions as well. Furthermore, the difference between deficits and debt was shown and explained, DC continues to believe to this day that our debt is decreasing due to Obama policies. And for that, he's earned my ignore list, I simply cannot stand to see another human being leashed and led so easily. I thought slavery was over until I met DC.

Secondly, I've posted several times the nations income and spending and shown we've more than enough monies for Defense........ lastly, I've states several times that we are going to have to confront ISIS sooner or later..... it gets more expensive in both blood and money the longer you wait. Turkey isn't going to solve this, GA. Neither is the UN, the UK, the Eurozone, Russia, China, nor regional interests. The longer you sit and fester on your ass, the more painful that boil on your bum becomes. Smarten up. Take Debt Clock's points of view too, make you look much more competent? Talk about an integrity crusher, keep hitching your wagon to that horse, Sundance.

:biglaugh:

I didn't think you could answer the question. Thanks for proving my suspicions correct.

Ransom
07-11-2015, 05:39 AM
I didn't think you could answer the question. Thanks for proving my suspicions correct.

The answer quite clear. You're going to have to pay either sooner. Or later. Sooner= less expensive. You get that, right?

Ransom
07-11-2015, 05:40 AM
Yup the CIA's terrorist creation program has been an incredible success!

Unfounded guesswork. Oprah sheep talk

Green Arrow
07-11-2015, 10:41 AM
The answer quite clear. You're going to have to pay either sooner. Or later. Sooner= less expensive. You get that, right?

The point that skyrocketed way over your head was that you constantly advocate policies that expand the debt and deficit and ensure that we will never be able to pay it off, leaving default as our only option. While you do this, you pound people over the head with the debt and deficit and act like you care.

The Sage of Main Street
07-11-2015, 10:56 AM
Yup the CIA's terrorist creation program has been an incredible success! No, those fratrat drunks are incapable of creating any workable program. They are a danger to us because of their incompetence, not because of their evil designs. If we had truly intelligent people in our intelligence agencies (IQ is far more important than education), they would have recognized that our fedayeen allies would turn against us after working for what was temporarily a shared goal.

donttread
07-11-2015, 11:46 AM
Unfounded guesswork. Oprah sheep talk

So what's your explanation? That terrorist creation wasn't a goal, it's just that everyone employed by the CIA is stupid?

donttread
07-17-2015, 12:28 PM
I don't believe al-Qaeda is capable of a 9-11 style attack any longer, no fly lists, tighter security, etc.

The threat has evolved, the message to "kill Americans" is clear....a lone wolf shooter...or bomb maker....is a threat to our national security.

Pete here a recent arrival to the tent. From they're no national security threat to they actually are a national security threat...they cannot pull off a 9-11 style attack. A 9-11 style attack not the only form of attack, Pete. Cyber attacks. Lone wolf shooters. Someone with knowledge of chemical or biological agents. Dirty material from God knows what nation. Kidnappings.

Look to their tactics in the ME. Suicide bombers coming in first...creating confusion and shock. The Jihadists armed with weapons follow mowing down the already bewildered and terrified.

I thank God that where we have The Political Forums on one side with all their naïve error and lack of historical perspective....but people like James Comey who understand the threat.....and spell it out for the naïve and erred in black and white. They're here forum. They are today a direct threat to Americans and this nation. The time for listening to the sheep is over, the time to listen to cowardly isolationism over as well......I told you we'd have to confront this evil either sooner or later.....and The Political Forums napped.

Tick f'n Tock

The guys name is Comey? Really? Anyway are you secretly his covert right hand man identifying us unamerican non interventionist ?