PDA

View Full Version : Obama Says His Economic Policies Worked!

Agravan
07-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Obama Says His Economic Policies Worked!W.A. Beatty
Here is a hot news item from U.S. Treasury Department Secretary Tim "Tax Cheat" Geithner as he was testifying to Congress on July 24, 2012: "The economy is not growing fast enough. Unemployment is very high." No kidding! As if we Americans did not already know that! Just for the record: The "official" U-3 unemployment rate is presently 8.2 percent, while the "unofficial but, some would say, more realistic" U-6 unemployment rate is 14.9 percent. According to the Bureau of Economic Analysis, the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of the U.S. increased at an annual rate of 1.9 percent in the first quarter of 2012. That growth rate is quite slow. Geithner continued: "... we will keep supporting anything practical, sensible, that will make growth stronger, help get more people back to work[.]" Gosh, you have received plenty of practical, sensible suggestions, but they were contrary to your (and President Barack Hussein "kill list" Obama's) ideology, so they were rejected. So my questions are, "After three years of failure (resulting in.... (Read Full Article) (http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/07/obama_says_his_economic_policies_worked.html)

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/07/obama_says_his_economic_policies_worked_comments.h tml#disqus_thread#ixzz21vc3p1tg

MMC
07-28-2012, 09:44 AM
Isnt the Obama hypocrisy just lovely. But he wants Mitts 2011 Tax return. After he turned over 23 yrs of tax records when running against McCain. Oh and the best one of all. He turned over what he had when he was Govenor of Masterchewsit.

Chris
07-28-2012, 09:48 AM
"... we will keep supporting anything practical, sensible, that will make growth stronger, help get more people back to work[.]"

How about trying nothing, just do nothing, you've mucked it up enough already.

Goldie Locks
07-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Honestly, we hear everyday about the mess we're in. What does he consider worked, the nearly 16 TRILLION in debt, the failed stimulus, bankrupting the coal companies, denying drilling, failed green energy we paid for, bankrupting our healthcare system, his failed credit card policy that cost the taxpayer more money, his failed student loan program that now costs college students twice as much, his failed transparency, skyrocketing gas prices, unprecedented unemployment, highest record of food stamp use, largest amount of home foreclosures...what exactly???

Chris
07-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Mostly what I hear Obama saying is his policies worked better than what would have happened had he not acted. In short, compared to fantasy, for we have no counterfactuals to say whether his policies made things better or made things worse. The only way such counterfactuals would be possible would be if the federal government stepped back and let each states initiate their own policies, only then could you make comparisons which policies worked and perhaps why.

Peter1469
07-28-2012, 12:45 PM
Obama has done more harm to the economy than any president since FDR.

patrickt
07-28-2012, 03:13 PM
Honestly, we hear everyday about the mess we're in. What does he consider worked, the nearly 16 TRILLION in debt, the failed stimulus, bankrupting the coal companies, denying drilling, failed green energy we paid for, bankrupting our healthcare system, his failed credit card policy that cost the taxpayer more money, his failed student loan program that now costs college students twice as much, his failed transparency, skyrocketing gas prices, unprecedented unemployment, highest record of food stamp use, largest amount of home foreclosures...what exactly???

wingrider
07-28-2012, 06:26 PM
I read the OP title and here is my opinion

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAH.

Mainecoons
07-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Roosevelt thought he was a savior too. It wasn't until like 1937 that they figured out their constant meddling with the economy didn't help things at all. They didn't have the balls to admit that they turned a two year crash into a 10 year depression that had to be "solved" by a world war.

This IDIOT in the White House is repeating the same mistake. Not surprising, since Liberals are the most insane of all, trying the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

What we have right now is what Roosevelt caused, a "job creators" strike. Basically, the people who make it happen look at this adminstration and see the U.S. as a bad gamble. So they stash the money overseas, wherever, and wait it out.

The real recovery will start when the big money sees that Obama and his administration is gone. Not before then.

You want a job, vote against Obama. It is just that simple.

roadmaster
07-28-2012, 07:47 PM

I didn't think it would ever get this bad. A lot of people hurting.

Captain Obvious
07-29-2012, 02:21 AM
If he meant "worked at turning a disaster into a complete clusterfuck" then he's spot on.

patrickt
07-29-2012, 06:26 AM
I'm not as negative as some. I think the policies have worked amazingly well for President Obama and his friends.

Carygrant
07-29-2012, 06:46 AM

So what do you say to the many people like myself who said that Obama was crazy not to wait until 2012 because the Presidency was a poisoned chalice (2008) and nobody but nobody could do anything to stop the US slipping to the edge of the cliff -- along with the rest of the developed world ? ( Apart from Get Lost )
That is , these last few years were set in stone by what had already happened .
But I guess such objectivity and honesty does not suit the American opposition politically .

Mainecoons
07-29-2012, 07:31 AM
Actually, until the last sentence you made a very valid point. I'd go further and suggest that the "poisoned chalice" is going to last a lot longer than just 4 years.

As for the last sentence, you really don't understand the American mentality. We are on the cusp of a revolution here. Americans do not like oppressive, corrupt government. And we have it, from the top to the bottom. Just look at how the leftist local regimes are handling the right of the owners of Chick Fil A to express their free speech. They are reacting with threats and abuse of powers. Kids can't even open a lemonaide stand in this country anymore. We get assaulted by the TSA when we want to fly.

We threw your lot out of here for a lot less abusive government than what we have now. And we're either going to turn the tables on these neo-Nazis or they are going to own the country lock stock and barrel. Trust me, if the latter, it will not be good for the Atlantic Alliance.

Peter1469
07-29-2012, 07:54 AM
So what do you say to the many people like myself who said that Obama was crazy not to wait until 2012 because the Presidency was a poisoned chalice (2008) and nobody but nobody could do anything to stop the US slipping to the edge of the cliff -- along with the rest of the developed world ? ( Apart from Get Lost )
That is , these last few years were set in stone by what had already happened .
But I guess such objectivity and honesty does not suit the American opposition politically .

I agree and would add that Obama was crazy to run in 2008 because he was not ready to be president.

I am worried about the 2012 elections: the US economy is on the brink and I don't think it can be saved. It will crash. And the party in charge when it happened will go the way of the Dodo bird. I almost want Obama to win and then laugh as the liberals are destroyed politically.

JohnAdams
07-29-2012, 04:12 PM
Yes they work alright, if one wish's to destroy the American individual income that is...with his policies we've never been below and in point of fact have remained above THE OBAMA'S promised 8 percent unemployment.

Yes sir, only the blind, delusional, worshiper at the altar of THE OBAMA can believe this one.