PDA

View Full Version : After Evading Lawsuits, Counterfeiter Gets US Green Card

whatukno
07-12-2015, 07:22 AM
SHANGHAI (AP) -- The Chinese woman has a history of selling counterfeit luxury goods. She has been sued in the U.S. by eight luxury brands. She owes Chanel Inc. $6.9 million for selling products online under its name.None of it has stopped Xu Ting, a 45-year-old immigrant, from achieving a comfortable suburban life in San Diego with her husband and their 3-year-old son. Last year, she became a legal resident.
China is not the only country with a counterfeiting problem. Most fakes are made in China, but they are sold in America, where counterfeiting is rarely prosecuted as a crime. Lack of cooperation with China makes it easy for counterfeiters to move their money beyond reach - and hard to root out counterfeiting kingpins. As long as counterfeiters can stay out of jail and hold on to their profits - and consumers continue to buy - the trade in fakes will thrive.

Ah here's one that the Trump supporters are going to be scratching their heads over. She's a legal US resident now, but a "FOREIGNER!" that makes knock off goods and sells them online.

So, Trump's Ilk like people who make money, they hate "Foreigners" but she's here legally, and, she's made here money illegally.

Oooh, what bedlam, what FUN! How will the hate filled xenophobes deal with this enigma? Wait, wait, it get's even tastier! See, ya can't just simply seize her assets, as she banks through the Bank of China! Oh HO! Didn't see that one commin' did ya? Rich people LOVE putting money in foreign banks as a way to skate by US tax laws. Lovely! And the Ayn Raynd crowd just loves sticking it to the man like that, but this woman is a Foreigner doin' the stickin'

Now, how do you all square that circle? Hmmm?

exotix
07-12-2015, 07:32 AM
I don't think Trump will froth in rabid-bloviate on this one .. he would have to call for Americans to work harder and longer at slave wages to compete with China to make his ties.

Mac-7
07-12-2015, 07:59 AM
SHANGHAI (AP) -- The Chinese woman has a history of selling counterfeit luxury goods. She has been sued in the U.S. by eight luxury brands. She owes Chanel Inc. $6.9 million for selling products online under its name.None of it has stopped Xu Ting, a 45-year-old immigrant, from achieving a comfortable suburban life in San Diego with her husband and their 3-year-old son. Last year, she became a legal resident.
China is not the only country with a counterfeiting problem. Most fakes are made in China, but they are sold in America, where counterfeiting is rarely prosecuted as a crime. Lack of cooperation with China makes it easy for counterfeiters to move their money beyond reach - and hard to root out counterfeiting kingpins. As long as counterfeiters can stay out of jail and hold on to their profits - and consumers continue to buy - the trade in fakes will thrive.

Ah here's one that the Trump supporters are going to be scratching their heads over. She's a legal US resident now, but a "FOREIGNER!" that makes knock off goods and sells them online.

So, Trump's Ilk like people who make money, they hate "Foreigners" but she's here legally, and, she's made here money illegally.

Oooh, what bedlam, what FUN! How will the hate filled xenophobes deal with this enigma? Wait, wait, it get's even tastier! See, ya can't just simply seize her assets, as she banks through the Bank of China! Oh HO! Didn't see that one commin' did ya? Rich people LOVE putting money in foreign banks as a way to skate by US tax laws. Lovely! And the Ayn Raynd crowd just loves sticking it to the man like that, but this woman is a Foreigner doin' the stickin'

Now, how do you all square that circle? Hmmm?

The problem is easy to explain.

A dumb as dirt federal government and ambulance chasing immigration lawyers who know every trick in the book.

Its sad that this happens but it's more common than most of us realize.

Peter1469
07-12-2015, 08:50 AM
Link?

whatukno
07-12-2015, 01:06 PM
Link?

Oops, dear me, I'd forget my beard if it wasn't handsomely attached to my beautiful face:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_CHINA_USA_THE_COUNTERFEITER_ABRIDGED?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-07-12-03-14-13

whatukno
07-12-2015, 01:12 PM
The problem is easy to explain.

A dumb as dirt federal government and ambulance chasing immigration lawyers who know every trick in the book.

Its sad that this happens but it's more common than most of us realize.

Oh wait, immigration lawyers chase ambulances now? When did that happen?

"Immigration problems? Call Jose 'green card" Montique at sinco sinco sinco nueve dos nueve dos, I'll visit you at home OR in the emergency waiting room!"

Or, dare I say it? Civil suits aren't applicable here because her Husband is the one with the US Job because of his "Special Skills".

But also don't forget, she's a living breathing ACTUAL COMMIE! Oooh, but she sells shoddy knock off merchandise for a profit? Oh it just boggles the mind!