PDA

View Full Version : Did you take the time to Care?

zelmo1234
07-14-2015, 09:56 PM
I want to know if you took the time to contact your Senators, your Congressmen, did you write the President, do you have your Senators and Congressperson phone number in your cell phone and do you use it.

I don't care if you agree with every position that I take or you disagree, did you bother to tell them that you care?

You see we did let the Corporate and Special interests take control, and we did that be sitting on our big fat butts and I am as guilty as any.

One thing that is often overlooked so contacting your State Representatives , and Governor and letting them know that they need to use their influence to pass or not pass some piece of legislation or you will hold them accountable too.

So if you like a bill let them know, if you hate a bill let them know, it is time that the people have a voice. Imagine if tomorrow your congressmen gets up and there are 35,000 emails and the phone is ring off the hook. He would think it was a bad day. but imagine if that happens everyday? He would understand that the people mean business.

Redrose
07-14-2015, 11:18 PM
I want to know if you took the time to contact your Senators, your Congressmen, did you write the President, do you have your Senators and Congressperson phone number in your cell phone and do you use it.

I don't care if you agree with every position that I take or you disagree, did you bother to tell them that you care?

You see we did let the Corporate and Special interests take control, and we did that be sitting on our big fat butts and I am as guilty as any.

One thing that is often overlooked so contacting your State Representatives , and Governor and letting them know that they need to use their influence to pass or not pass some piece of legislation or you will hold them accountable too.

So if you like a bill let them know, if you hate a bill let them know, it is time that the people have a voice. Imagine if tomorrow your congressmen gets up and there are 35,000 emails and the phone is ring off the hook. He would think it was a bad day. but imagine if that happens everyday? He would understand that the people mean business.

Yes I do have their numbers and email addresses too. Yes I do call and write for issues I am passionate about.

Mac-7
07-15-2015, 12:59 AM

I usually have a simple message for my republican representative:

Get that asshole Boehnor out of the speakers chair.

gamewell45
07-15-2015, 01:01 AM
I never email or call; instead I write a letter and send it out to them. I have a whole folder in my filing cabinet of letters received back from congressmen/senators/governors, etc.

PolWatch
07-15-2015, 01:46 AM
I have been contacting my representatives since my first letter objecting to the war in Vietnam to my last e-mail telling them I opposed the recent trade agreement. They know what I think on various issues....for all the good it does.

Tricia
07-15-2015, 01:59 AM
I have to admit, it has been a really long time since I have contacted anyone. I really have no right to complain if I don't make my voice heard, I guess. I'll do better.

Private Pickle
07-15-2015, 10:20 AM
Nah...I don't live in LALA land where politicians actually listen to their constituents.