PDA

View Full Version : NRA fearmongering.

Lineman
07-17-2015, 09:54 AM
Obama is going to take our guns!

If Barack Obama wins a second term in office, our Second Amendment freedom will not survive. Obama will never have to face the voters again, and will therefore be unleashed to push the most extreme elements of his gun-ban agenda to every corner of America.

FYI for the paranoid, psycopathic right wing gun fondler crowd:

Gun rights have expanded during Obamas presidency.

Mac-7
07-17-2015, 10:06 AM

If Barack Obama wins a second term in office, our Second Amendment freedom will not survive. Obama will never have to face the voters again, and will therefore be unleashed to push the most extreme elements of his gun-ban agenda to every corner of America.

I don't think gun rights have expanded except maybe through some court decisions.

But I agree that obumer has failed in his attempts to grab our guns.

hanger4
07-17-2015, 10:18 AM

"Gun rights have expanded during Obamas presidency."

Yes they have, but not because of, in spite of Obama. Obama via the DOJ have fought tooth and nail for more restrictions.

Bo-4
07-17-2015, 10:58 AM

Yes they have, but not because of, in spite of Obama. Obama via the DOJ have fought tooth and nail for more restrictions.

Not quite true.

The president signed a bill into law about credit card consumer protections that included a measure that allowed people to carry concealed guns in national parks. "President Obama expanded the use of concealed carry on federal property. That's what's going on in Washington recently." -Major Garrett

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/major-garrett-obama-has-expanded-not-reduced-gun-rights/

Tahuyaman
07-17-2015, 10:59 AM
I don't think gun rights have expanded except maybe through some court decisions.

But I agree that obumer has failed in his attempts to grab our guns.

He sure has made it more difficult to purchase ammunition.

Lineman
07-17-2015, 11:00 AM
Oh ......the old "in spite of" talking point. And show some examples of these tooth and nail battles.

Lineman
07-17-2015, 11:01 AM
What has he done?

He sure has made it more difficult to purchase ammunition.

Peter1469
07-17-2015, 11:02 AM
Great topic.

Wait, there are enough hard left loons who fight for the 2nd Amendment rights. No new guns laws are likely.

Continue. :smiley:

Tahuyaman
07-17-2015, 11:11 AM
What has he done?

He's had various government agencies purchase it. Billions of rounds. Have you tried to purchase ammunition lately?

Bo-4
07-17-2015, 11:18 AM
He's had various government agencies purchase it. Billions of rounds. Have you tried to purchase ammunition lately?

Oh what nonsense. The tin foil run on ammo had much more to do with a black president and NRA fear memes.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/004123863/Tin-Foil--Free-your-mind-128429243168_xlarge.jpeg

Lineman
07-17-2015, 11:21 AM
Got a link? Id like something besides your claims.

I can go to fleet farm and get ammo anytime. The occasional shortages you refer to are caused by gun fondlers buying out of irrational fear. Theres no shortage of ammo.

Tahuyaman
07-17-2015, 11:23 AM

I can go to fleet farm and get ammo anytime. The occasional shortages you refer to are caused by gun fondlers buying out of irrational fear. Theres no shortage of ammo.

The only ammunition one can buy is ammo which no one uses.

Tahuyaman
07-17-2015, 11:24 AM
Man, you guys are intellectual giants.

Safety
07-17-2015, 11:37 AM
You're missing the big picture....this was the biggest marketing ploy used in the history of capitalism. Fear and anxiety drove the firearms and ammunition industry to see the biggest profit since prohibition.

It worked, as does most fear driven propaganda....

Lineman
07-17-2015, 11:44 AM
I can go to fleet farm and buy all I need. What ammo is in short supply?

Peter1469
07-17-2015, 11:54 AM
So what is the next anti-gun bill, and how badly will it be voted down?

:shocked:

Bo-4
07-17-2015, 12:29 PM

Precisely correct. It was just a convenient excuse for tin foil types like Alex Jones.

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-to-purchase-62-million-rounds-of-ar-15-ammo/

Bo-4
07-17-2015, 12:31 PM

You're nuts.. i've bought ammo several times. Only once were they out of what i wanted and it was right after Obama was reelected.

Go figure :rolleyes:

Bob
07-17-2015, 12:38 PM
/Praise Obama

I get tired of these pro Obama rants

Cletus
07-17-2015, 12:44 PM

I don't know anything about fleet farm, but I do know there have in fact been serious ammunition shortages for quite a long time. It is only recently that some of the more popular calibers are again appearing on the shelves of retail outlets. You can once again find most rifle calibers and pistol calibers, although there are some that are extremely hard to locate. The one that comes immediately to mind is .22LR. It is hard to get .22 ammo these days and when you can get it, the prices are double, triple and sometimes 4 or 5 times what they were before the current administration took control.

.40 S&W can be problematic. That is a popular law enforcement round and can be difficult to locate. 9mm is making a comeback, but availability is still limited. .45 is not that difficult to find now. Both .38 and .357 are not nearly as readily available as they were up until this last ammo drought. 7.62 Russian is pretty easy to find and is much less expensive than 5.56mm, which is getting easier to locate, even though a lot of what is available to Russian manufactured garbage.

There was indeed a severe shortage of ammunition available on the civilian market for a long time and a lot of the reason for it was in fact government acquisition of huge amounts of the more common defensive calibers.

Calypso Jones
07-17-2015, 02:28 PM
All it shows is that he's more interested in Big Government dictating how businesses operate, since consumers are too stupid to make their own decisions and take responsibility for their actions. (After all, this was just a minor add-on to the much larger credit card bill).

As for allowing guns in national parks, we'll see how all that turns out over the next year or two... I would truly love to believe he's no threat to legal gun ownership, but every bit of his prior statements, positions, and legislative history (except for one vote) proves otherwise.

Lineman
07-17-2015, 02:51 PM
So.. if ammunition and gun inventories fell during the height of the NRA hype over Obama allegedly coming to take our guns, but both gun and ammo inventories have since recovered even while Obama is still in office, isnt it obvious to anyone with a brain that the NRA fearmongering is the REAL SOURCE of the shortages?

Cletus
07-17-2015, 02:57 PM
So.. if ammunition and gun inventories fell during the height of the NRA hype over Obama allegedly coming to take our guns, but both gun and ammo inventories have since recovered even while Obama is still in office, isnt it obvious to anyone with a brain that the NRA fearmongering is the REAL SOURCE of the shortages?

Yeah, except that wasn't the case. The ammo was not available. It isn't that people were hoarding it. RETAILERS were not even able to get it.

decedent
07-17-2015, 03:12 PM
If Barack Obama wins a second term in office, our Second Amendment freedom will not survive.

His second term isn't over yet. He's going to disarm America. When that happens, he can proclaim himself King and there's nothing we can do about it.

http://fellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/obama-king.jpg

zelmo1234
07-17-2015, 03:46 PM

Will you go and get me some 22lr, I am running low!

Cletus
07-17-2015, 04:02 PM
So is almost everyone else in the country. :grin:

Tahuyaman
07-17-2015, 06:30 PM
I can go to fleet farm and buy all I need. What ammo is in short supply?

9mm, 5.56, 7.62, .357 and 44 magnum are all in short supply here. Have been for a couple of years.

I can't even get much 22cal ammo.