PDA

View Full Version : Trump on ABC's This Week

Peter1469
07-19-2015, 09:04 AM
Trump on ABC's This Week to explain his McCain comments.

Peter1469
07-19-2015, 09:04 AM
Still strong in the polls.

Peter1469
07-19-2015, 09:12 AM
"Will you moderate your tone if President."

"No. Maybe that is why I am leading in the polls. People are tired of politicians telling them what their advisers want them to say."

Peter1469
07-19-2015, 09:15 AM
Jim Webb is on now to rebut Trump.

Adelaide
07-19-2015, 10:02 AM
That guy needs to learn when to keep his trap shut.

How can anyone expect him to be a good president when a president has to be diplomatic with foreign leaders and Trump can't even go a day without saying something stupid?

PolWatch
07-19-2015, 10:32 AM
In a discussion of reactions to Trump and the behavior of some people at a dem rally on Face the Nation, one person summed up the week well. She speculated that the extremes of both parties held a meeting last week and decided to keep everything crazy.

Peter1469
07-19-2015, 10:41 AM
It is just confirmation that Americans are fed up with the political class.

Private Pickle
07-19-2015, 10:48 AM

He is finally learning the alphabet?

PolWatch
07-19-2015, 10:51 AM

I can understand that. The biggest problem I see with Trump and others who appeal to the lowest common denominator: some people think their rants are a solution. Naming Mexicans as the main rapists does nothing to solve either the crime of rape or illegal immigration. It does give the crazies a focal point for their fear & anger = Mexicans! Crazies tend to like simple solutions: kill all the Mexicans & there will be no more rapists. If anyone thinks its not possible.....look at Dylann Roof.

suds00
07-19-2015, 11:21 AM
and yet we'll elect one of these people

Tahuyaman
07-19-2015, 11:24 AM

He sure didn't back away from his comments.

Tahuyaman
07-19-2015, 11:25 AM

I've heard this my entire life. Im going to hear it for the rest of my life.

Tahuyaman
07-19-2015, 11:47 AM
I still can't support Donald Trump as a presidential candidate, but you gotta love the way he doesn't back down from his comments. In fact when challenged and attacked, he turns the tables and flusteres his attackers.

And he's right about McCain on one thing. McCain has been in the senate for decades and he's done nothing about the erosion of veteran benefits other than talk.

PolWatch
07-19-2015, 01:00 PM
I still can't support Donald Trump as a presidential candidate, but you gotta love the way he doesn't back down from his comments. In fact when challenged and attacked, he turns the tables and flusteres his attackers.

And he's right about McCain on one thing. McCain has been in the senate for decades and he's done nothing about the erosion of veteran benefits other than talk.

I don't agree with McC's politics and I agree about his lack of interest in veteran issues. I still don't like to see someone who has served the nation being ridiculed for being a POW.

Ransom
07-19-2015, 01:12 PM
I don't agree with McC's politics and I agree about his lack of interest in veteran issues. I still don't like to see someone who has served the nation being ridiculed for being a POW.

= me too!!

Left, left, left, right, left.

Tahuyaman
07-19-2015, 01:17 PM

I don't think Trump was ridiculing him for bring shot down and captured. What he was saying is basically true. No one would know anything about his service had he not been captured. That is true. You may not like how blunt Trump was while saying that, but........

Tahuyaman
07-19-2015, 01:21 PM
I don't agree with McC's politics

Sometimes I agree with McCain and sometimes I don't. The problem I have with him is that he tries to gain favor by compromising things he claims are his strongly held principles. One can't trust that he will stay loyal to his word.

Common
07-19-2015, 01:23 PM

Too late hes dead to me. You can question and defame McCain for alot of things and not like alot of things hes done as a politician but the record is right there for all to see about his heroism and military record. Mc Cain is not a made up hero, men imprisoned with him told of his heroism as a pow. SCREW draft dodging trump

Tahuyaman
07-19-2015, 01:34 PM
In a desire to be continually outraged, I think many people intentionally missed Trump's point.

PolWatch
07-19-2015, 01:36 PM
I don't think Trump was ridiculing him for bring shot down and captured. What he was saying is basically true. No one would know anything about his service had he not been captured. That is true. You may not like how blunt Trump was while saying that, but........

That sounds like an awfully twisted method of justifying Trump's remarks. Its like those who justify his rant about Mexicans being rapists by saying he 'assumed' some are good people.

Tahuyaman
07-19-2015, 01:39 PM
That sounds like an awfully twisted method of justifying Trump's remarks. Its like those who justify his rant about Mexicans being rapists by saying he 'assumed' some are good people.

Like I said, I'm not a Trump supporter, but I'm not always looking for new ways to be outraged either.

what he said was true. He would basically be another ignored or disrespected Vietnam vet had he not been shot down.

PolWatch
07-19-2015, 01:42 PM
Like I said, I'm not a Trump supporter, but I'm not always looking for new ways to be outraged either.

what he said was true. He would basically be another ignored or disrespected Vietnam vet had he not been shot down.

Maybe you could label the subject a hit piece? Another poor, repub victim?

Tahuyaman
07-19-2015, 01:49 PM
Maybe you could label the subject a hit piece? Another poor, repub victim?

Not quite. I think because he speaks like an ordinary guy having coffee with his buddies in the morning at the pancake house, some people love to find ways to be outraged by that.

Cigar
07-20-2015, 08:19 AM
"Will you moderate your tone if President."

"No. Maybe that is why I am leading in the polls. People are tired of politicians telling them what their advisers want them to say."

My next door neighbor, who happens to be a Conservative, said everyone would going crazy with anger if Barack Obama said the exact same thing. :laugh:

Tahuyaman
07-20-2015, 03:40 PM
I really don't care what Trump says, because usually it's just something meant to cause a big stir. I'm just wondering why he's picking a fight with McCain in the first place. McCain isn't running for president. He's not one of Trump's opponents. What's the point?

Tahuyaman
07-20-2015, 03:42 PM
My next door neighbor, who happens to be a Conservative, said everyone would going crazy with anger if Barack Obama said the exact same thing. :laugh:

Obama says plenty of dumb egotistical stuff. What's your point?

Tahuyaman
07-20-2015, 05:15 PM
I'm sure the liberals aren't nearly as outraged about these comments.......

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/20/politics/donald-trump-al-franken-john-mccain/

Washington (CNN)Before Al Franken was a U.S. senator, he was a comedian and political satirist -- one who joked about Sen. John McCain's status as a war hero.

"I have tremendous respect for McCain but I don't buy the war hero thing. Anybody can be captured. I thought the idea was to capture them. As far as I'm concerned he sat out the war," Franken, a Democrat who now represents Minnesota, quipped to Salon for a 2000 article (http://www.salon.com/2000/01/10/voices/) about the stakes of that year's presidential election.

del
07-20-2015, 05:16 PM
lol

goes back 15 years and fails

Tahuyaman
07-20-2015, 05:17 PM
lol

goes back 15 years and fails

yep, those facts don't go away with age.

Washington (CNN)Before Al Franken was a U.S. senator, he was a comedian and political satirist -- one who joked about Sen. John McCain's status as a war hero.

"I have tremendous respect for McCain but I don't buy the war hero thing. Anybody can be captured. I thought the idea was to capture them. As far as I'm concerned he sat out the war," Franken, a Democrat who now represents Minnesota, quipped to Salon for a 2000 article (http://www.salon.com/2000/01/10/voices/) about the stakes of that year's presidential election.

del
07-20-2015, 05:20 PM
yep, those facts don't go away with age.

no, they don't

of course, some people might point out that one of the two was a comedian making a (bad) joke and the other is a candidate for president pandering to the kind of asshats who would think that the two statements are somehow related.

not me, but some people

Tahuyaman
07-20-2015, 05:21 PM
no, they don't

of course, some people might point out that one of the two was a comedian making a (bad) joke and the other is a candidate for president pandering to the kind of asshats who would think that the two statements are somehow related.

not me, but some people

it's amusing watching liberals tap dance.

domer76
07-20-2015, 05:35 PM
Not quite. I think because he speaks like an ordinary guy having coffee with his buddies in the morning at the pancake house, some people love to find ways to be outraged by that.

Your ordinary guys at coffee have the same chance of being elected as Trump.

Mac-7
07-20-2015, 05:41 PM

Who says trump has to be elected?

He is providing a signpost for other republicans who may have been afraid to take on immigration.

Santorum is on Fox at the moment saying we need to reform meaning limit legal immigration and illegal migration.

Thats a good thing.

Cigar
07-20-2015, 05:44 PM

He is providing a signpost for other republicans who may have been afraid to take on immigration.

Santorum is on Fox at the moment saying we need to reform meaning limit legal immigration and illegal migration.

Thats a good thing.

The White House looks Great from the Sidewalk :laugh: Enjoy the View :grin:

PolWatch
07-20-2015, 05:44 PM
Trump leading the way for the rest of the GOP candidates?
https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.Cw9xu4cT6h2MNu1R2IzzOw&pid=15.1&P=0

del
07-20-2015, 05:47 PM
it's amusing watching liberals tap dance.

ten minutes to wapner

better hurry

domer76
07-20-2015, 05:50 PM

Thats a good thing.

We've known that for a long time. Your Republicans were going to take names and kick ass as soon as they got into office last January. Besides jerking off, WTF have they been doing since then?

domer76
07-20-2015, 05:51 PM
ten minutes to wapner

better hurry

OK, that was about the best one I've seen in awhile. I big ol' chortle!

Cigar
07-20-2015, 05:53 PM
We've known that for a long time. Your Republicans were going to take names and kick ass as soon as they got into office last January. Besides jerking off, WTF have they been doing since then?

Taking Ass-Kickings from President Obama :laugh:

Tahuyaman
07-20-2015, 06:06 PM

He knows that. He's not looking to be elected.

Tahuyaman
07-20-2015, 06:07 PM
Taking Ass-Kickings from President Obama :laugh:

No, the country is suffering the ass kicking. Even you. But you don't care.

Common
07-20-2015, 06:11 PM
No, the country is suffering the ass kicking. Even you. But you don't care.

I agree Obama has turned out to be one nightmare and hes the worst president in my lifetime.

Obama has done alot of underhanded sneaky crap that wont be come evident until years after hes out of office.

Tahuyaman
07-20-2015, 06:14 PM
I'm guessing this is a time where we agree..