PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton did not serve in the Vietnam war

nathanbforrest45
07-21-2015, 10:49 AM
With all the hoopla about Trump not serving in the military it would be unfair to not point out that Hillary Rodham Clinton also did not serve in the military during the Vietnam War. Over 7400 women did serve, albeit not a combat role. She certainly could have volunteered to serve but like her husband decided to give it a pass.

Captain Obvious
07-21-2015, 10:51 AM
Not sure I want to hold women to the chickenhawk standard.

Not sure I don't either.

nathanbforrest45
07-21-2015, 10:53 AM
Bernie Sanders never served in the American military. He did however spend time in Israel in a kibbutz in the middle 1960's.

Did you know that Bernie Sander's father was not an American citizen?

PolWatch
07-21-2015, 11:17 AM
keep scraping that barrel!

http://pre01.deviantart.net/fece/th/pre/i/2013/050/9/9/bottom_of_the_barrel_by_satansgoalie-d5vkmpr.jpg

nathanbforrest45
07-21-2015, 11:30 AM
keep scraping that barrel!

http://pre01.deviantart.net/fece/th/pre/i/2013/050/9/9/bottom_of_the_barrel_by_satansgoalie-d5vkmpr.jpg

hypocrite

maineman
07-21-2015, 12:31 PM
Bernie Sanders never served in the American military. He did however spend time in Israel in a kibbutz in the middle 1960's.

Did you know that Bernie Sander's father was not an American citizen?

why would that matter?

decedent
07-21-2015, 12:35 PM
Trump got a bone spur deferment. Hillary got a cankle deferment.

nathanbforrest45
07-21-2015, 02:14 PM
why would that matter?

Why does it matter to left wingers that Trump didn't serve?

Safety
07-21-2015, 02:18 PM
Once again, point to where Hillary denigrated someone over their service.

nic34
07-21-2015, 02:21 PM
Why does it matter to left wingers that Trump didn't serve?

I don't know, does it?

nic34
07-21-2015, 02:25 PM
No person except a natural born citizen (http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_citi.html), or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

ARTICLE II, SECTION 1, CLAUSE 5

I don't see military service mentioned anywhere in there.

The Xl
07-21-2015, 02:36 PM
The service shouldn't matter, what should matter is policy. All of these kooks want to continue these psychotic interventionist policies, who gives a shit who did or said what?

Common
07-21-2015, 02:37 PM
With all the hoopla about Trump not serving in the military it would be unfair to not point out that Hillary Rodham Clinton also did not serve in the military during the Vietnam War. Over 7400 women did serve, albeit not a combat role. She certainly could have volunteered to serve but like her husband decided to give it a pass.

lol

PolWatch
07-21-2015, 02:48 PM
this ranks right up there with Hillary's tipping record. Ya gotta have yer priorities in order.

psst....I bet the woman dyes her hair....looks like the same color as Trump....

nic34
07-21-2015, 04:23 PM
this ranks right up there with Hillary's tipping record. Ya gotta have yer priorities in order.

psst....I bet the woman dyes her hair....looks like the same color as Trump....

Turn it around: He dyes his, and his looks the same as hers ..... comb over sucks tho....

gamewell45
07-21-2015, 04:25 PM

What sort of non-combat roles did women play in the Vietnam war? Nurses? What else?

pragmatic
07-21-2015, 05:11 PM
But she (Hillary) did "almost enlist in the Marines".

(that's gotta be worth something.....)

PolWatch
07-21-2015, 05:45 PM
hanger4 - think the rwnj are gonna overdose on this one?

Bo-4
07-22-2015, 07:28 AM
@hanger4 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=403) - think the rwnj are gonna overdose on this one?

It's happened already right here in this thread. :grin:

zelmo1234
07-22-2015, 07:37 AM
Once again, point to where Hillary denigrated someone over their service.

OH! for God's Sake she is a democrat. And you need to ask.

She switched parties to protest the Vietnam war with I shot myself in the Ass Kerry.

While being a hawk at the start of the Wars in the middle east, she changed with the times and accused our military of everything in the book.

She blamed a video for her failing to beef up security as requested.

There is a reason that 85% of the military support The GOP.

Safety
07-22-2015, 08:37 AM

She switched parties to protest the Vietnam war with I shot myself in the Ass Kerry.

While being a hawk at the start of the Wars in the middle east, she changed with the times and accused our military of everything in the book.

....that's cute, can you try to address the question this time?

nic34
07-22-2015, 08:45 AM

After all these years of unnecessary, undeclared BS wars people might FINALLY realize that there are worse things to have done than protest the VN war.... for gods sake!

nic34
07-22-2015, 08:54 AM
And as for that GOP bloc in the military?

Various yardsticks suggest the U.S. military – or at least the officer corps, which accounts for 17% of the 1.4 million-strong active-duty force – leans Republican. But they’re not the monolithic bloc many believe.

http://swampland.time.com/2012/11/05/does-the-military-vote-really-lean-republican/

Common
07-22-2015, 08:58 AM
After all these years of unnecessary, undeclared BS wars people might FINALLY realize that there are worse things to have done than protest the VN war.... for gods sake!

I agree with you Protest is fine, however, what John Kerry and Jane Fonda did was not protest.

PolWatch
07-22-2015, 09:02 AM

She switched parties to protest the Vietnam war with I shot myself in the Ass Kerry..

Yeap....gotta be a dem to protest wars? I also protested the war in Vietnam.....and worked on the Nixon campaign based on his promise to get us out of Vietnam.

maineman
07-22-2015, 11:09 AM
I agree with you Protest is fine, however, what John Kerry and Jane Fonda did was not protest.

what John Kerry did was to put himself in harm's way and earn a bronze star and a silver star.... while hordes of republican chickenhawks with bone spurs and pilonidal cysts and "other priorities" stayed at home.

PolWatch
07-22-2015, 11:44 AM
Do ya think all these people are dems?

Iraq Veterans Against the War
http://www.ivaw.org/sites/default/files/resize/remote/101c23fc0f9c9cb2deefc06fbbce85b2-960x500.jpg

pragmatic
07-22-2015, 11:45 AM
Do ya think all these people are dems?

Iraq Veterans Against the War
http://www.ivaw.org/sites/default/files/resize/remote/101c23fc0f9c9cb2deefc06fbbce85b2-960x500.jpg

Pinkos. The lot of them....

//

PolWatch
07-22-2015, 11:46 AM
:rollseyes:

Lineman
07-22-2015, 07:09 PM
Did Kerry lie in that hearing?

Had you been in Nam as a soldier, out in indian country, or on the streets of Saigon, or any city, town, hamlet, you would know that EVERY Vietnamese person was suspect as someone who could give you an early DEROS. Rules were stacked against us, and we werent there to take and hold territory.

The word was .... the method if you wanna call it that, was, a few of us dead, for a lot of them dead.

birddog
07-23-2015, 10:26 AM
what John Kerry did was to put himself in harm's way and earn a bronze star and a silver star.... while hordes of republican chickenhawks with bone spurs and pilonidal cysts and "other priorities" stayed at home.

Men from both parties did what they could to avoid the draft. Bill Clinton for example had a Colonel he knew write a letter to excuse him after he had bee drafted.

At least one of Kerry's Purple Hearts was phony, If not more. His Silver Star was highly questionable as I recall, but I don't remember the details. Kerry is lying scum who helped us lose he War when he got back. Scary Kerry and Hanoi Jane, what a team!

maineman
07-23-2015, 11:30 AM
Men from both parties did what they could to avoid the draft. Bill Clinton for example had a Colonel he knew write a letter to excuse him after he had bee drafted.

At least one of Kerry's Purple Hearts was phony, If not more. His Silver Star was highly questionable as I recall, but I don't remember the details. Kerry is lying scum who helped us lose he War when he got back. Scary Kerry and Hanoi Jane, what a team!

If his Silver Star - or any of his medals, for that matter - had been "questionable", the Navy Awards Board would not have given it to him. Period. When you question the legitimacy of Kerry's medals, you besmirch every veterans medals... including mine. GFY

birddog
07-23-2015, 12:42 PM
If his Silver Star - or any of his medals, for that matter - had been "questionable", the Navy Awards Board would not have given it to him. Period. When you question the legitimacy of Kerry's medals, you besmirch every veterans medals... including mine. GFY

I disagree.', and I don't besmirch any Veteran in doing so.

maineman
07-23-2015, 12:48 PM
I disagree.', and I don't besmirch any Veteran in doing so.

So.... you think that you are a better arbiter of John Kerry's heroism than the Navy Awards Board? yes or no?

And if yes, that means that you DO indeed besmirch each and every medal they award.

PolWatch
07-23-2015, 12:50 PM
Did Garry Trudeau ever have to pay the $10,000 reward for anyone who actually saw GWB on duty with the National Guard in Alabama?

birddog
07-23-2015, 01:24 PM
So.... you think that you are a better arbiter of John Kerry's heroism than the Navy Awards Board? yes or no?

And if yes, that means that you DO indeed besmirch each and every medal they award.

No, but I question whether the board was given accurate info to begin with. Was is proper for Kerry to recommend some of his own medals? yes or no.