PDA

View Full Version : Father dies after being hogtied by Cops

exotix
07-21-2015, 01:01 PM
Today

Troy Goode Died After Being 'Hogtied' by Cops

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/troy-goode-died-after-being-hogtied-cops-widespread-panic-gig-n395646

A father died after being "hogtied" by Mississippi police inside an ambulance despite telling officers he was struggling to breathe, according to his family's lawyer.

Troy Goode, 30, was taken to the hospital after traveling to a Widespread Panic concert with friends Saturday night at a showground south of Memphis, Tennessee.

The asthmatic died two hours after being placed face down on a stretcher in an incident captured on video by bystander.

"His face was buried in the mattress of the stretcher," lawyer Tim Edwards told NBC News Monday.

"There was a strap over the back of his head so he couldn't move his head.

His hands and feet were hogtied so he couldn't move those, either."

Troy Goode with his wife Kelli and son Ryan

http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2015_30/1132826/150721-troy-goode-family-920a_ef766c849607a5499c0a5813aa271790.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_1AXTikqPM

Captain Obvious
07-21-2015, 01:04 PM
Man, that kid in the photo has a fat head.

This guy was white, nobody will care.

Captain Obvious
07-21-2015, 01:04 PM
Cops will get thrown under the bus no matter what because, well... they're cops, fuck them.

Regardless of the reports that this guy was all drugged out on something or another and being combative.

Private Pickle
07-21-2015, 01:20 PM
Guy looks like he was on LSD. I'm sure it was police brutality though.

Crepitus
07-21-2015, 01:28 PM
Not enough data.

Ivan88
07-21-2015, 01:53 PM
If a man says he can't breathe, and the cops ignore him, especially when they are blocking his ability to breathe, then they are guilty of killing him.

Here's a couple of US cop mentality bozos in Iraq:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJC1unnuwds
Notice how the narrator is violating the law of bearing false witness. Typical of UK & US reporters.

Private Pickle
07-21-2015, 02:09 PM
If a man says he can't breathe, and the cops ignore him, especially when they are blocking his ability to breathe, then they are guilty of killing him.

Here's a couple of US cop mentality bozos in Iraq:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJC1unnuwds
Notice how the narrator is violating the law of bearing false witness. Typical of UK & US reporters.

The guy was on LSD. He probably told them he was Jesus too...

The Xl
07-21-2015, 02:15 PM
Any claim of distress, especially when it comes to breathing, should be taken extremely seriously.

Private Pickle
07-21-2015, 02:18 PM
Any claim of distress, especially when it comes to breathing, should be taken extremely seriously.

Absolutely. They should have taken the guy directly to the hospital given the way he was behaving.

The Xl
07-21-2015, 02:21 PM
Guy looks like he was on LSD. I'm sure it was police brutality though.

It probably was and if the facts show that, they should be charged with murder.

Private Pickle
07-21-2015, 02:24 PM
It probably was and if the facts show that, they should be charged with murder.

We'll have to wait and see. Meanwhile here is what someone on LSD looks like when they are freaking out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF0eor6ccKg

Caption:

This random kid starts freaking out at a big rave in the parking lot. At the end of video, a undercover police officer takes him to get help. He was later seen resisting arrest. It took 4 police officers to finally arrest him. This is why you DON'T DO DRUGS!

Redrose
07-21-2015, 02:35 PM
Part of the problem is many, many people in custody fake they can't breath or they're in pain, or they are being injured as a ploy. If you are speaking, you're breathing. Hogtying is done when the person is very combative and his actions will injure himself or others. Muzzles are used too if they like to bite or spit.

These incidents are sad, but considering the millions of arrests that go without incident, these tragedies are almost always the result of the arrestee's actions.

The Xl
07-21-2015, 02:38 PM
Part of the problem is many, many people in custody say they can't breath or they're in pain, or they are being injured. If you are speaking, you're breathing. Hogtying is done when the person is very combative and his actions will injure himself or others. Muzzles are used too if they like to bite or spit.

These incidents are sad, but considering the millions of arrests that go without incident, these tragedies are almost always the result of the arrestee's actions.

Can't breath means it's very difficult to breathe, and getting harder. People with asthma attacks or heart attacks can still technically breathe, it's a matter of not being able to breathe well and perhaps a matter of it getting steadily worse.

The rest of your statement is sheer assumptive victim blaming. Even if he was belligerent, things can be handled differently.

GrassrootsConservative
07-21-2015, 02:40 PM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003660849/5750567449_statistsbadpeoplecontrol_xlarge.jpeg

The progressive police state, hard at work. Great job, government. Protect and serve.

:killme:

How does the left get away with this garbage? We need to strip cops like this of all their power. Let's see how they do hogtied face-down on a pliable surface.

exotix
07-21-2015, 02:45 PM
Part of the problem is many, many people in custody say they can't breath or they're in pain, or they are being injured. If you are speaking, you're breathing. Hogtying is done when the person is very combative and his actions will injure himself or others. Muzzles are used too if they like to bite or spit.

These incidents are sad, but considering the millions of arrests that go without incident, these tragedies are almost always the result of the arrestee's actions.I'm sure the dead dads' family is delighted with your assessment.

Redrose
07-21-2015, 03:07 PM
Can't breath means it's very difficult to breathe, and getting harder. People with asthma attacks or heart attacks can still technically breathe, it's a matter of not being able to breathe well and perhaps a matter of it getting steadily worse.

The rest of your statement is sheer assumptive victim blaming. Even if he was belligerent, things can be handled differently.

What you said is very true, but the point being cops have certain procedures to handle combative people. Their own safety and the safety of the combative person has to be considered. Police have no way of knowing if these people have underlying medical issues, unless they have a medical alert bracelet on.

My advice would be if you have a serious medical issue such as a pacemaker, metal rods in your neck or back, asthma, don't trip out on drugs and get into a confrontation with cops. It will most likely end badly for you. Look at all the people with asthma, and other physical conditions that go on with their daily business fine, no interraction with cops. Same for the man in NY selling ciggies illegally. He had serious physical issues, and his massive build didn't help his condition any. He knew his health condition, he knew the system, he was a frequent flyer in the legal system there, yet he still chose to tussle with the cops and paid the price. What ever force you choose to use, the police are allowed to go above that. They need to maintain control. The more you fight, the worse it will get.

Mac-7
07-21-2015, 04:14 PM
Liberals want to turn the criminals loose and hogtie the cops.

There are a lot of very bad people running around loose thanks to soft-on-crime liberals and only the cops are equipped to deal with them.

GrassrootsConservative
07-21-2015, 04:17 PM

There are a lot of very bad people running around loose thanks to soft-on-crime liberals and only the cops are equipped to deal with them.

Sounds very statist. I believe people have rights and the cops should work only to enforce those rights.

Mac-7
07-21-2015, 04:24 PM
Sounds very statist. I believe people have rights and the cops should work only to enforce those rights.

I think the cops do that with rare exceptions.

But the left is waging a war against all cops.

Cigar
07-21-2015, 07:11 PM
Today

Troy Goode Died After Being 'Hogtied' by Cops

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/troy-goode-died-after-being-hogtied-cops-widespread-panic-gig-n395646

A father died after being "hogtied" by Mississippi police inside an ambulance despite telling officers he was struggling to breathe, according to his family's lawyer.

Troy Goode, 30, was taken to the hospital after traveling to a Widespread Panic concert with friends Saturday night at a showground south of Memphis, Tennessee.

The asthmatic died two hours after being placed face down on a stretcher in an incident captured on video by bystander.

"His face was buried in the mattress of the stretcher," lawyer Tim Edwards told NBC News Monday.

"There was a strap over the back of his head so he couldn't move his head.

His hands and feet were hogtied so he couldn't move those, either."

Troy Goode with his wife Kelli and son Ryan

http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2015_30/1132826/150721-troy-goode-family-920a_ef766c849607a5499c0a5813aa271790.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_1AXTikqPM

Step One:

Redrose
07-21-2015, 09:45 PM

If that ever happend, they would regret it vey fast.

texan
07-21-2015, 10:27 PM
Not enough data.

You mean like he was shot in the back 8 times running away? I think I will wait to comment. But I will note I appreciate that someone posted a white guy and the cops. I wonder if Billy Graham will start a riot?

donttread
07-22-2015, 05:48 AM
Man, that kid in the photo has a fat head.

This guy was white, nobody will care.

Actually I like the way the report reads so you don't know the race or social status until you start to form an opinion based upon what happened. Clearly the cops were aware of the dangers as the people filming were talking about them. Another boys in blue death sentence for being high . Also, whatever happened to your friends staying with you through a bad trip?

Captain Obvious
07-22-2015, 07:49 AM

The problem with that is, you (and me and the rest of us) don't see what happens on regular basis with cops. People are petty frauds, especially criminals and I see regular employees here at work on a regular basis faking shit just to be petty. If every day people can do it, certainly random shitheads can and do also.

How do cops interpret that? Constantly pandering to every ooh and ahh, even when they're showing extreme aggression and violence?

I think you're painting with a broad brush TBH.

Bo-4
07-22-2015, 08:07 AM
The beat goes on :rolleyes:

Bo-4
07-22-2015, 08:09 AM

Then why didn't they just nail him to a cross?

domer76
07-22-2015, 08:48 AM

Well then, if that's the case, he'll be back in a couple of days.