PDA

View Full Version : Trump threatens third-party run

Cigar
07-23-2015, 09:06 AM
Donald Trump says the chances that he will launch a third-party White House run will “absolutely” increase if the Republican National Committee is unfair to him during the 2016 primary season.

“The RNC has not been supportive. They were always supportive when I was a contributor. I was their fair-haired boy,” the business mogul told The Hill in a 40-minute interview from his Manhattan office at Trump Tower on Wednesday. “The RNC has been, I think, very foolish.”

Pressed on whether he would run as a third-party candidate if he fails to clinch the GOP nomination, Trump said that “so many people want me to, if I don’t win.”

“I’ll have to see how I’m being treated by the Republicans,” Trump said. “Absolutely, if they’re not fair, that would be a factor.”

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/248910-exclusive-trump-threatens-third-party-run

http://i.imgur.com/KrAl1.gif

PolWatch
07-23-2015, 09:09 AM
pssst....pass the popcorn please.....

Mac-7
07-23-2015, 09:09 AM
If by fair Trump means he is included in the debates (provided his poll numbers meet the standard) and is not kept off the repub primary ballot in some states that is not unreasonable.

Agreed?

PolWatch
07-23-2015, 09:11 AM
I'm a supporter of third party candidates in most instances. This instance would almost guarantee that Clinton would be the next president.

Safety
07-23-2015, 09:13 AM
If by fair Trump means he is included in the debates (provided his poll numbers meet the standard) and is not kept off the repub primary ballot in some states that is not unreasonable.

Agreed?

If Trump goes third party, you voting third party?

Mac-7
07-23-2015, 09:15 AM

Trump has not gone 3rd party.

maineman
07-23-2015, 09:15 AM
If the Donald continues to hold his place atop the clown car popularity contest, I certainly feel that he should be included in the debates... and included on GOP primary ballots. What else does he want the party to do?

Cigar
07-23-2015, 09:16 AM

I wouldn't waste my Vote on this moron even if I was paid ... well maybe if I was paid the right amount. I'll be retiring soon, so I don't really care much.

Cigar
07-23-2015, 09:18 AM
If the Donald continues to hold his place atop the clown car popularity contest, I certainly feel that he should be included in the debates... and included on GOP primary ballots. What else does he want the party to do?

I agree ...

He's saying EVERYTHING The GOP has always wanted to say, but didn't have the Balls to say it in public.

The GOP should Own Trump, they created him.

PolWatch
07-23-2015, 09:19 AM
I was not aware that he would be excluded for any reason other than not ranking in the top 10 of polls. Trump could be anticipating a drop in his popularity with the reactions to his McCain remarks.

Its interesting to see previous supporters of McCain/Palin now talk about how they had to hold their noses to vote for him.....go figure.

Safety
07-23-2015, 09:21 AM
Trump has not gone 3rd party.

Don't want to answer the question?

Let's try again.....

IF Trump goes third party, will you be voting third party?

Mac-7
07-23-2015, 09:21 AM
If the Donald continues to hold his place atop the clown car popularity contest, I certainly feel that he should be included in the debates... and included on GOP primary ballots.

Thats what I'm saying.

But the GOP establishment may not be smart enough to see it that way.

They are go-along to get-along types who accept whatever the establishment dishes out to them and may not understand a free soul like Trump.

Mac-7
07-23-2015, 09:22 AM
Don't want to answer the question?

Let's try again.....

IF Trump goes third party, will you be voting third party?

That's right.

I don't want to answer your hypothetical.

maineman
07-23-2015, 09:28 AM
Thats what I'm saying.

But the GOP establishment may not be smart enough to see it that way.

They are go-along to get-along types who accept whatever the establishment dishes out to them and may not understand a free soul like Trump.

in which case, by ALL MEANS, the Donald should run as a third party candidate if he is not being taken seriously by the GOP establishment.

I wonder where I, as a loyal democrat, can send money so that that will happen?

Mac-7
07-23-2015, 09:29 AM
in which case, by ALL MEANS, the Donald should run as a third party candidate if he is not being taken seriously by the GOP establishment.

I wonder where I, as a loyal democrat, can send money so that that will happen?

Trump doesn't need your money.

PolWatch
07-23-2015, 09:34 AM
According to the article about Trump's financial disclosure, he has spent 1.8 million on his campaign to date. I have found articles about how much Clinton & Bush have received in donations, but nothing about their expenditures to date....anyone seen that info?

Safety
07-23-2015, 09:35 AM
That's right.

Obviously not, because that would prove you to be a hypocrite when you bash the "3%" here daily for support third party candidates.

No need for you to answer, I'm sure everyone knows the answer.

Lib, Lib, Lib.

Bob
07-23-2015, 09:35 AM
I was not aware that he would be excluded for any reason other than not ranking in the top 10 of polls. Trump could be anticipating a drop in his popularity with the reactions to his McCain remarks.

Its interesting to see previous supporters of McCain/Palin now talk about how they had to hold their noses to vote for him.....go figure.

McCain beat my guy. That is why I held my nose. I supported Palin more than McCain in fact.

McCain was a bit better than Obama.

PolWatch
07-23-2015, 09:38 AM
McCain beat my guy. That is why I held my nose. I supported Palin more than McCain in fact.

You don't support the candidate, you support the party? Isn't that the definition of a partisan?

Bo-4
07-23-2015, 09:39 AM
Heheh.. i could see this one coming from a mile away!

:biglaugh:

Mac-7
07-23-2015, 09:39 AM
Obviously not, because that would prove you to be a hypocrite when you bash the "3%" here daily for support third party candidates.

No need for you to answer, I'm sure everyone knows the answer.

Lib, Lib, Lib.

I have not even committed to trump as the republican candidate.

If you are so in tune with my feelings you should already know what I think about voting 3rd party.

But in any case I don't owe you an explanation.

What I think is the RNC should pull its head out of its ass and embrace trump as an asset to the party.

GrassrootsConservative
07-23-2015, 09:40 AM
You don't support the candidate, you support the party? Isn't that the definition of a partisan?

He didn't mention party at all. He mentioned candidates. Where do you pull this stuff from?

Cigar
07-23-2015, 09:41 AM
That's right.

Don't worry, the hurt will go away :laugh:

Mac-7
07-23-2015, 09:41 AM

Don't let the libs here push you around.

They are all Hillary voters who just want to sew discord in the other side.

maineman
07-23-2015, 09:45 AM
Trump doesn't need your money.

obviously, reading comprehension is not your strong suit. I asked where I could contribute so that the GOP would treat the Donald unfairly enough to cause him to run as a third party candidate.... something I, and the rest of the democratic party, would thoroughly enjoy.

Did I clear that up for you now?

Safety
07-23-2015, 09:50 AM
I have not even committed to trump as the republican candidate.

If you are so in tune with my feelings you should already know what I think about voting 3rd party.

But in any case I don't owe you an explanation.

What I think is the RNC should pull its head out of its ass and embrace trump as an asset to the party.

:rofl:

Bob
07-23-2015, 09:50 AM

Is that right. First time I heard that. Both are interconnected.

Mac-7
07-23-2015, 09:51 AM
obviously, reading comprehension is not your strong suit. I asked where I could contribute so that the GOP would treat the Donald unfairly enough to cause him to run as a third party candidate.... something I, and the rest of the democratic party, would thoroughly enjoy.

Did I clear that up for you now?

I don't think they have a slush fund for that.

But since Bill's coattails is a shoe-in for the democrat nomination I guess you could vote republican and try to cause trouble that way.

Bob
07-23-2015, 09:52 AM
Don't let the libs here push you around.

They are all Hillary voters who just want to sew discord in the other side.

If they think I can be pushed around ..... lmao

maineman
07-23-2015, 09:53 AM
I don't think they have a slush fund for that.

But since Bill's coattails is a shoe-in for the democrat nomination I guess you could vote republican and try to cause trouble that way.

ah well... I guess I'll just keep pumping money into democratic party candidate funds and vote for the (D) come election day. That'll be sufficient, I'd imagine.

Mac-7
07-23-2015, 09:58 AM
If they think I can be pushed around ..... lmao

They are trying to push all of us around because their candidate is a loser.

Bo-4
07-23-2015, 10:02 AM
They are trying to push all of us around because their candidate is a loser.

:biglaugh:

PolWatch
07-23-2015, 10:08 AM
Is there a 12 step program for chronic victims?

TrueBlue
07-23-2015, 10:52 AM
Donald Trump says the chances that he will launch a third-party White House run will “absolutely” increase if the Republican National Committee is unfair to him during the 2016 primary season.

“The RNC has not been supportive. They were always supportive when I was a contributor. I was their fair-haired boy,” the business mogul told The Hill in a 40-minute interview from his Manhattan office at Trump Tower on Wednesday. “The RNC has been, I think, very foolish.”

Pressed on whether he would run as a third-party candidate if he fails to clinch the GOP nomination, Trump said that “so many people want me to, if I don’t win.”

“I’ll have to see how I’m being treated by the Republicans,” Trump said. “Absolutely, if they’re not fair, that would be a factor.”

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/248910-exclusive-trump-threatens-third-party-run

http://i.imgur.com/KrAl1.gif
And of course you know what that means don't you? It means that if Donny runs as a third-party candidate Hillary Clinton becomes president! :)

Therefore, if Republicans are smart they will help Donny get the Republican nomination and forgo their animosity towards his comments about McCain and veterans and just get on with it. To not do so would be a grave error for the GOP and may well hand Hillary the presidency lock, stock, and barrel. :)

On second thought, Run Donny As A Third-Party Candidate, Please! :)

Mac-7
07-23-2015, 10:54 AM
A total GOP meltdown may be the Cookie Lady's only hope of winning.

TrueBlue
07-23-2015, 11:24 AM
A total GOP meltdown may the Cookie Lady's only hope of winning.
Hardly. But the GOP meltdown is well on its way to fruition now! :)

maineman
07-23-2015, 11:27 AM
A total GOP meltdown may the Cookie Lady's only hope of winning.

polling numbers at this point would tend to disagree with that opinion. But a cannibalistic GOP blood bowl would certainly make her coattails longer, I would imagine. bon appetit!

Mac-7
07-23-2015, 12:52 PM
Hardly. But the GOP meltdown is well on its way to fruition now! :)

That is the left wings only hope.

maineman
07-23-2015, 12:57 PM
That is the left wings only hope.

I think that the blood bath of a 16+ GOP primary where they're ALL trying to out-'RIGHT' each other in search of tea bagger votes certainly plays into our hand, that's for sure.

Chris
07-23-2015, 01:00 PM
Trump going 3rd party would split the GOP in half. Could be its death knell.

Mac-7
07-23-2015, 01:03 PM
I think that the blood bath of a 16+ GOP primary where they're ALL trying to out-'RIGHT' each other in search of tea bagger votes certainly plays into our hand, that's for sure.

Winning the base voters first is not such a dumb idea.

birddog
07-23-2015, 01:06 PM
The Hildebeast is her own worst enemy. That will be revealed to the electorate more as time goes on.

Perhaps she will have another stroke, and Webb might be the candidate. He's too liberal for me, but he does have one good redeeming thing. He's a Veteran, and should be respected for that. He's also more moderate than the other dims, but that's not saying much.

The Xl
07-23-2015, 01:18 PM
I'm a fan of anyone who disrupts the two party duopoly, be it Donald Trump, or anyone else.

The Xl
07-23-2015, 01:19 PM
That's right.

Don't be scared homie.

Chris
07-23-2015, 01:35 PM
I'm a fan of anyone who disrupts the two party duopoly, be it Donald Trump, or anyone else.

About the only reason, but a damned good one!

Mac-7
07-23-2015, 01:42 PM
Don't be scared homie.

I'm not scared.

But I don't have to go down Safety's rabbit hole either.

The Xl
07-23-2015, 01:51 PM
About the only reason, but a damned good one!

Exactly

The Xl
07-23-2015, 01:53 PM
I'm not scared.

But I don't have to go down Safety's rabbit hole either.

It was a pretty simple question. Sounds like you ducked it because you realized answering it honestly would expose you as a hypocrite.

PolWatch
07-23-2015, 02:07 PM
I think Trump is the logical result of too much negative politics. The last 8 years have been more about what the GOP is against than what it is for. Obama, Obamacare, Obama immigration policy, anything to do with Obama. Now they seem to have a problem developing a plan that includes anything other than 'we hate Obama'. The new repub majority has done nothing except whine that Obama won't let them do anything.

Trump has become the poster child of negative campaigning. We have seen him target Mexicans and instead of a workable immigration policy, he tells us that he is rich enough to build a wall to keep those rapists out of the USA. We may like plain talk about the immigration problem but where is the solution? Nothing about how he will handle the illegals here. He isn't addressing issues, he's attacking GOP opponents with the McCain, Perry & Graham remarks.

Trump could be final nail in the coffin of 2 major parties. I think that is a good thing. Those who like the GOP as it was (not as it is) might want to look at what could be happening here.

Mac-7
07-23-2015, 02:34 PM
It was a pretty simple question. Sounds like you ducked it because you realized answering it honestly would expose you as a hypocrite.

Hardly.

I just don't do party tricks for libs.

The best bet is that the republican political class will come to its senses before they drive Trump away and ruin their chances to beat Hillary in 2016.

Because Trump represents the only chance they have.

That is a much more important subject than speculating about who gets first dibs on the lifeboats after we hit the iceberg.

Bob
07-23-2015, 04:44 PM
Is there a 12 step program for chronic victims?

I don't know. But to help you out, I will spend this weekend trying to locate one near your area.

maineman
07-23-2015, 04:46 PM
Winning the base voters first is not such a dumb idea.
How'd that work for McCain?

Mac-7
07-23-2015, 05:24 PM
How'd that work for McCain?

Mccain was never a favorite of base voters.

He was the moderate establishment candidate that the idiot political consultants told the party they had to nominate.

Tahuyaman
07-24-2015, 09:05 PM
Sooner or later, Trump is going to be forced to start talking about specific solutions he has for specific problems. He can't get away with simply saying "I'll get it done". This is where he's going to get tripped up.

Mac-7
07-25-2015, 09:39 AM
Sooner or later, Trump is going to be forced to start talking about specific solutions he has for specific problems. He can't get away with simply saying "I'll get it done". This is where he's going to get tripped up.

Suppose Trump proves you wrong?

So far he's been smarter than the repub naysayers.

Every time the experts say he can't or won't do something he does it.

Tahuyaman
07-25-2015, 09:46 AM
Suppose Trump proves you wrong?

So far he's been smarter than the repub naysayers.

Every time the experts say he can't or won't do something he does it.

you believe he can go on campaigning and win without providing specifics? This tactic of " I know how to get things done" is good for the early sound bite, but isn't going to gain support from the masses as he needs.

At some point he's going to be forced to address specific issues with specific policy ideas and solutions. Right now he thinks he can get away with saying he will fix all problems just because.

birddog
07-25-2015, 10:11 AM
I think if Trump is really serious, he is smart enough to hire people to work on specifics for him later.

I hope he has enough class to not run Third Party.

maineman
07-25-2015, 10:33 AM
I think the Donald is the PERFECT third party candidate. Very Perot-esque! :)

Mac-7
07-25-2015, 10:37 AM
I think if Trump is really serious, he is smart enough to hire people to work on specifics for him later.

I hope he has enough class to not run Third Party.

My impression is that Trump gets things done.

You don't become a billionaire by failing to accomplish goals.

A typical politician can remain in government for a lifetime and never accomplish anything.

maineman
07-25-2015, 10:39 AM
My impression is that Trump gets things done.

You don't become a billionaire by failing to accomplish goals.

A typical politician can remain in government for a lifetime and never accomplish anything.

the odd part is, however, that, in order to get things done in Washington, one has to be a politician.

Mac-7
07-25-2015, 10:50 AM
the odd part is, however, that, in order to get things done in Washington, one has to be a politician.

You don't have to be a politician to have political skills

Adelaide
07-25-2015, 12:32 PM
He's certainly got the capital to do it. Would be interesting to see if a third party/independent candidate can buy an election, too, when given the opportunity.

maineman
07-25-2015, 02:04 PM
You don't have to be a politician to have political skills

of which The Donald apparently has none.