PDA

View Full Version : Hillary slipping more

Bob
07-23-2015, 08:12 PM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/quinnipiac-swing-state-polls-show-sharp-drop-in-hillary-clintons-numbers/article/2568748

Has Hillary Clinton's standing with the public declined sharply in recent weeks? Evidence that it has comes from Quinnipiac polls in three key swings states: (http://www.quinnipiac.edu/images/polling/ps/ps07222015_Sg86de.pdf) Colorado, Iowa and Virginia. In each state, Clinton is matched against three relatively well-known Republican candidates: Jeb Bush, Scott Walker and Marco Rubio. In each state she trails all three. No candidate in any of these nine pairings reaches 50 percent. Bush comes in slightly lower, at 41 and 42 percent, than Walker (43-47 percent) and Rubio (43-46 percent).

Cigar
07-23-2015, 09:07 PM
Do you have a Candidate you're Voting for yet? :grin:

Mac-7
07-23-2015, 09:14 PM
Hillary will not make a good candidate for the dems.

Shes stiff and not likable except to her base voters.

maineman
07-23-2015, 10:47 PM
all the national polls still show her with comfortable leads over the clowns.

Redrose
07-23-2015, 11:34 PM
all the national polls still show her with comfortable leads over the clowns.

We must do better than her. She is not trustworthy. If the Dems win so be it, but it must be somebody better than her, way too much unsavory baggage.

maineman
07-24-2015, 12:30 AM
We must do better than her. She is not trustworthy. If the Dems win so be it, but it must be somebody better than her, way too much unsavory baggage.
So...not only do you want to pick your party's nominee, you also want a say in who WE chose?

the only thing the democratic nominee MUST be is certainly a criterion you have ZERO say in, unless, of course, you register as a democrat. Then you get ONE say: your vote in your state's primary. Barring that, who WE pick is none of YOUR business.

Don't like who we nominate? Don't vote for her.

Redrose
07-24-2015, 12:58 AM
So...not only do you want to pick your party's nominee, you also want a say in who WE chose?

the only thing the democratic nominee MUST be is certainly a criterion you have ZERO say in, unless, of course, you register as a democrat. Then you get ONE say: your vote in your state's primary. Barring that, who WE pick is none of YOUR business.

Don't like who we nominate? Don't vote for her.

Geez, you are unable to take a fair generous honest comment. It's my country, I love this country, I want a prez who will be good for this nation. You can politicize it if you want.....and you are living in another country. :whatever:

PolWatch
07-24-2015, 06:59 AM
I think we have allowed our political system to become a game....my team/your team, win/lose. I have a problem with the two parties. I don't see where they do anything different once elected. They point fingers but seem to be more concerned with getting & keeping power. That power is only used to get & keep MORE power for themselves & their donors....citizens seem to get lost in the rush to the bank.

Since Pat Paulsen is dead I guess I'll just vote for Pogo. :grin:

Common
07-24-2015, 07:05 AM
Its become venomous, If you dont think like me you are to be ridiculed, demeaned and vilefied. Im right your wrong. Youre a libtard I cant stand you even may hate you and vice versa.

The politicians LOVE IT

PolWatch
07-24-2015, 07:19 AM
We allow ourselves to be diverted from actual problems into arguing about non-issues. Politicians campaign using hot-button topics that offer no solutions but get attention. Sling mud at the opponent & talk about what everyone else is doing wrong, but don't tell us what YOUR plan (if you have one) would be.

I think too many people are fooled into magical thinking: if MY party/candidate is elected, everything will magically be perfect and all problems will disappear. Why? Well, because MY party/candidate is always right.

maineman
07-24-2015, 08:29 AM
Geez, you are unable to take a fair generous honest comment. It's my country, I love this country, I want a prez who will be good for this nation. You can politicize it if you want.....and you are living in another country. :whatever:

I love America as well. I participate in the political process that determines the direction of America. I participate in the debate. I donate money to political campaigns and organizations. I vote in primary and general elections. I always have and always will.

That process does not allow for people of one party to chose the presidential nominee of the other party. You pick the republican that YOU feel will be best for America... I trust you to do that. Allow democrats to chose the candidate that THEY feel will be best for America.

If you can't trust us to do that, why in the world should we trust you to do the same thing?

And if you cannot stand to live in a country that is headed where the other party dreams of it heading, then either beat that other party in the general election, or renounce your citizenship and emigrate to another more to your liking.

In the meantime, quit telling ME who MY party can or cannot nominate.

Mac-7
07-24-2015, 09:12 AM
I love America as well. I participate in the political process that determines the direction of America. I participate in the debate. I donate money to political campaigns and organizations. I vote in primary and general elections. I always have and always will.

That process does not allow for people of one party to chose the presidential nominee of the other party. You pick the republican that YOU feel will be best for America... I trust you to do that. Allow democrats to chose the candidate that THEY feel will be best for America.

If you can't trust us to do that, why in the world should we trust you to do the same thing?

And if you cannot stand to live in a country that is headed where the other party dreams of it heading, then either beat that other party in the general election, or renounce your citizenship and emigrate to another more to your liking.

I dont care who you nominate.

My comment on Hillary is that she is not a good politician.

She often sounds shrill and I don't think she has a winning personality that attracts uncommitted voters but that's your problem

my biggest objection to the clintons is that they are corrupt.

Tahuyaman
07-24-2015, 09:17 AM
Do you have a Candidate you're Voting for yet? :grin:

I do. There is one candidate that I support.

Tahuyaman
07-24-2015, 09:20 AM
Hillary will not make a good candidate for the dems.

Shes stiff and not likable except to her base voters.

Hillary will make a great candidate for the Democrats. She is a perfect representation of their views.

Tahuyaman
07-24-2015, 09:22 AM

She often sounds shrill

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NJxmpTMGhU0

maineman
07-24-2015, 09:46 AM
I dont care who you nominate.

She often sounds shrill and I don't think she has a winning personality that attracts uncommitted voters but that's your problem

then, by all means, don't vote for her. You've got sixteen clowns to chose from.... have at it.

Redrose
07-24-2015, 11:46 AM

Listen carefully, I never said I wanted to nominate your candidate. I even went so far as to say if the Dems win in 2016 so be it. I just hope it's somebody who will help this nation. You read what you wanted to hear to be argumentative.

PS Please refrain from telling me what I can and cannot say.

PolWatch
07-24-2015, 11:47 AM
I find it revealing that someone says that Hillary is not a good politician. Do we really want a good politician or do we want a good president? I'm not a Hillary fan by any means, but doesn't anyone think that we should think about more than who can generate the most headlines while campaigning or what they would do if elected?

Welcome to politics 2016 - Kardashian style.

Bob
07-24-2015, 11:59 AM
I think we have allowed our political system to become a game....my team/your team, win/lose. I have a problem with the two parties. I don't see where they do anything different once elected. They point fingers but seem to be more concerned with getting & keeping power. That power is only used to get & keep MORE power for themselves & their donors....citizens seem to get lost in the rush to the bank.

Democrats vote for the dead. Why can't you vote for the comic Pat Paulsen, may his moldy body rest in peace. :laugh:

(Democrats vote more than one time. For themselves and then for a long dead person who remains dead)

maineman
07-24-2015, 12:01 PM
Listen carefully, I never said I wanted to nominate your candidate. I even went so far as to say if the Dems win in 2016 so be it. I just hope it's somebody who will help this nation. You read what you wanted to hear to be argumentative.

PS Please refrain from telling me what I can and cannot say.

you didn't say "hope", you said "must". Learn to speak the fucking language.

maineman
07-24-2015, 12:02 PM
Democrats vote for the dead. Why can't you vote for the comic Pat Paulsen, may his moldy body rest in peace. :laugh:

you've got that all wrong. Democrats don't vote for the dead. The dead vote for democrats. ;)

Bob
07-24-2015, 12:12 PM
I find it revealing that someone says that Hillary is not a good politician. Do we really want a good politician or do we want a good president? I'm not a Hillary fan by any means, but doesn't anyone think that we should think about more than who can generate the most headlines while campaigning or what they would do if elected?

Welcome to politics 2016 - Kardashian style.

We have a model to use. It is called being a state governor. I say almost daily, pick a governor.

First other than talking, he has some sort of record.

Easypeasy.

PolWatch
07-24-2015, 12:14 PM

Good idea....he certainly is a better choice than some repubs....

Bob
07-24-2015, 12:14 PM
you've got that all wrong. Democrats don't vote for the dead. The dead vote for democrats. ;)

Sorry and you are right. You get today's I corrected Bob's post award of the day. My notice.

maineman
07-24-2015, 12:17 PM
We have a model to use. It is called being a state governor. I say almost daily, pick a governor.

First other than talking, he has some sort of record.

Easypeasy.

So... I take it that you voted for the democrat in 1988 based upon that criteria?

Bob
07-24-2015, 12:20 PM
So... I take it that you voted for the democrat in 1988 based upon that criteria?

I voted for the person that had actual Federal experience at the President or VP level.

maineman
07-24-2015, 12:22 PM
I voted for the person that had actual Federal experience at the VP level.

fixed that for ya...

what did John Nance Garner say about the Vice Presidency?

Bob
07-24-2015, 12:26 PM
fixed that for ya...

what did John Nance Garner say about the Vice Presidency?

Bush was active with Reagan during the presidency of Reagan. I feel he earns credit for being at the center of governing.

decedent
07-24-2015, 12:30 PM

I agree. I don't have any evidence, but my gut is always right.

maineman
07-24-2015, 12:35 PM
Bush was active with Reagan during the presidency of Reagan.

sez who?

Bob
07-24-2015, 12:44 PM
sez who?

Reagan did.

maineman
07-24-2015, 12:46 PM
and that means it true.

:rofl:

maineman
07-24-2015, 12:47 PM
I betcha Reagan would have said that General Vesey was a great CJCS, too.... except the old fart couldn't ever remember his name.

Bob
07-24-2015, 01:16 PM
It is a display of Democrats courage that they still insist that as presdident, Reagan suffered memory problems.

Those examining him, including his doctors, say the man was mentally sharp and of sound mind even to the point he left office. It was years after that he made the public announcement. And then he seemed very sharp doing so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7GiLOTF3Ik

maineman
07-24-2015, 01:53 PM
the year after he left office, he couldn't even remember who General Vesey (CJCS) was. Sharp as a tack...you betcha.

Redrose
07-24-2015, 02:47 PM

Ron Paul looks a lot like him. lol (as I remember)

Mac-7
07-24-2015, 02:50 PM
I betcha Reagan would have said that General Vesey was a great CJCS, too.... except the old fart couldn't ever remember his name.

Reagan with half a brain was better than Carter, Clinton (either one) and obumer put together.

nic34
07-24-2015, 02:51 PM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/quinnipiac-swing-state-polls-show-sharp-drop-in-hillary-clintons-numbers/article/2568748

Has Hillary Clinton's standing with the public declined sharply in recent weeks? Evidence that it has comes from Quinnipiac polls in three key swings states: (http://www.quinnipiac.edu/images/polling/ps/ps07222015_Sg86de.pdf) Colorado, Iowa and Virginia. In each state, Clinton is matched against three relatively well-known Republican candidates: Jeb Bush, Scott Walker and Marco Rubio. In each state she trails all three. No candidate in any of these nine pairings reaches 50 percent. Bush comes in slightly lower, at 41 and 42 percent, than Walker (43-47 percent) and Rubio (43-46 percent).

Is this another one of those things that keeps you up at night?

maineman
07-24-2015, 02:52 PM
Reagan with half a brain was better than Carter, Clinton (either one) and obumer put together.

a meaningless partisan opinion. Why not address the fact that he didn't even remember his Chairman of the Joint Chiefs a year after leaving office.

Mac-7
07-24-2015, 03:00 PM
a meaningless partisan opinion. Why not address the fact that he didn't even remember his Chairman of the Joint Chiefs a year after leaving office.

Reagan had a lot of names to remember after 8 years in the White House.

Your Dear Leader didn't even know how how many states are in the union.

But he is only half American so maybe I expect too much.

PolWatch
07-24-2015, 03:05 PM
Ron Paul looks a lot like him. lol (as I remember)

Pogo or Paulsen? :wink:

PolWatch
07-24-2015, 03:05 PM

fear is a terrible thing.....

Bob
07-24-2015, 03:19 PM

What would be the other things?

Mac-7
07-24-2015, 03:23 PM
What would be the other things?

Liberals can't discuss Hillary objectively.

They have to put her on a pedestal high enough to ignore her many flaws.

Bob
07-24-2015, 03:28 PM
Liberals can't discuss Hillary objectively.

They have to put her on a pedestal high enough to ignore her many flaws.

She of all people should never be president and that includes me telling TrueBlue too.

Mac-7
07-24-2015, 03:32 PM
She of all people should never be president and that includes me telling @TrueBlue (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1308) too.

They want a one-party liberal state.

Hillary is just the next in line to advance that goal.

The fact that she is incompetent does not bother them at all.

maineman
07-24-2015, 03:40 PM

tell me you don't dream of a de facto one party conservative state.

maineman
07-24-2015, 03:41 PM
Reagan had a lot of names to remember after 8 years in the White House.

Your Dear Leader didn't even know how how many states are in the union.

But he is only half American so maybe I expect too much.
a lot of names? The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff???

gmafb

Mac-7
07-24-2015, 03:48 PM
tell me you don't dream of a de facto one party conservative state.

I don't.

Liberals are as common as weeds and we can never get rid if them.

But I don't want them to get rid of me either.

Bob
07-24-2015, 04:06 PM

Well said.

Bob
07-24-2015, 04:16 PM
a lot of names? The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff???

gmafb

At that point, it is safe to say Reagan was in early stage Alzheimers given it was 4 years later he declared he had the disease.

Also, what you have not told the forum is the man was grilled for 8 hours.

That his typical day had him in meetings up to 80 times per day.

You also forgot to mention that Vessey retired in 1985 and this interview was 5 years later.

Here is a better exchange in fact by Reagan.

Annoyed by Leaks to Press
Once in a while he raised his voice. When the issue of unauthorized disclosures to the press was discussed, Mr. Reagan seemed almost agitated.
''Washington is a sieve,'' he said, in an exasperated tone. ''And I found in eight years it was virtually impossible to find out who was doing the leaking and shut them up. And so, I said that last line, and I was talking about if we ever get our hands on the people who are doing the leaking of this various secret information that - that we'd be hanging by our thumbs in front of the White House until we found out who did it.''
On memory
The former President, who kept saying, ''I don't recall,'' to numerous questions, cheerfully defended his lack of memory.
''I have to point out that this continued saying of 'I don't recall,' that so many meetings - and I have been told by statisticians that my average of meeting with people was about 80 a day for eight years - that I don't recall these meetings,'' Mr. Reagan said. ''And not because they weren't important, and I am sure that I dealt with things at the time, but I just - I just don't recall such a meeting, and certainly not by being able to say on what day it occurred.''

The questioning that day was related to John Poindexter.

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/02/23/us/the-reagan-tape-reagan-as-witness-friendly-but-forgetful.html

maineman
07-24-2015, 04:54 PM
I don't.

Liberals are as common as weeds and we can never get rid if them.

But I don't want them to get rid of me either.

you just want us to be powerless and voiceless minions. how droll.

Lineman
07-24-2015, 05:58 PM
CONS want an India Caste Social structure implemented here in the states. All non conformists, liberals, basicall all but the very top tiers of us would become Bhangi Caste ..... stinky servants.

Mac-7
07-24-2015, 06:21 PM
CONS want an India Caste Social structure implemented here in the states. All non conformists, liberals, basicall all but the very top tiers of us would become Bhangi Caste ..... stinky servants.

Libs could do worse.

Sacred Cows get free food, exemption from the laws that others have to obey, and no limits to where they decide to go.

You might get to like it.

Tahuyaman
07-24-2015, 10:26 PM
Democrats vote for the dead.

Wrong. The dead vote for Democrats.