PDA

View Full Version : Obama Admin Restricts Investigative Powers of IG's

hanger4
07-25-2015, 07:40 PM
"The Obama administration formally announced that inspectors general will have to get permission from their agency heads to gain access to grand jury, wiretap and fair credit information — an action that severely limits the watchdogs’ oversight capabilities, independence and power to uncover fraud."

The House Judiciary Committee will work with other committees of jurisdiction to explore a legislative fix to reiterate Congress‘ intent that the Office of the Inspector General is entitled access to all documents and records within DOJ’s possession,” he said.

"Mr. Goodlatte, a lawyer himself, argued the reasoning within OLC’s opinion was the same that produced the Department of Justice’s infamous recess appointments memorandum, which was unanimously rejected by the Supreme Court in 2014."

"Rep. John Conyers Jr. of Michigan, the ranking Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee, said the Justice Department’s opinion departs from “the plain text of the statute and the intent of Congress when we drafted it.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/23/obama-restricts-investigative-powers-inspectors-ge/

Gotta love the transparency and maybe just in time to save HC ??

whatukno
07-25-2015, 08:52 PM
I know you all want those nude selfies of Hillary, but really guys. C'mon.

Bob
07-25-2015, 09:19 PM
"The Obama administration formally announced that inspectors general will have to get permission from their agency heads to gain access to grand jury, wiretap and fair credit information — an action that severely limits the watchdogs’ oversight capabilities, independence and power to uncover fraud."

The House Judiciary Committee will work with other committees of jurisdiction to explore a legislative fix to reiterate Congress‘ intent that the Office of the Inspector General is entitled access to all documents and records within DOJ’s possession,” he said.

"Mr. Goodlatte, a lawyer himself, argued the reasoning within OLC’s opinion was the same that produced the Department of Justice’s infamous recess appointments memorandum, which was unanimously rejected by the Supreme Court in 2014."

"Rep. John Conyers Jr. of Michigan, the ranking Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee, said the Justice Department’s opinion departs from “the plain text of the statute and the intent of Congress when we drafted it.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/23/obama-restricts-investigative-powers-inspectors-ge/

Gotta love the transparency and maybe just in time to save HC ??

Had Bush done this, the Democrats would froth at the mouth.

Me, I expect this from Obama.

zelmo1234
07-25-2015, 09:23 PM
Well the people have no one to blame but themselves.

The Good news is time is running out. The bad news, there is still time to go.

hanger4
07-25-2015, 10:22 PM

So you're ok with Obama restricting the investigative powers of the IG's office or was the Hillary stchik just a deflection ??

Peter1469
07-26-2015, 12:55 AM
Executive orders are not to be used to make legislation impotent. This rigeme is lawless.

whatukno
07-26-2015, 04:26 AM
So you're ok with Obama restricting the investigative powers of the IG's office or was the Hillary stchik just a deflection ??

Oh I am very much ok with this, in this instance. This is just a witch hunt, who's only goal is to find ANYTHING to smear Clinton or Obama with. Frankly if you looked hard enough into any of these politicians you are going to find a skeleton or two, and that is exactly what the GOP is trying to do, find any skeleton to hurt Clinton's election.

You know that's the only reason they want every shred of data Hilary ever typed into a keyboard.

Because The Benghazi Report (https://intelligence.house.gov/sites/intelligence.house.gov/files/documents/Benghazi%20Report.pdf) wasn't good enough for Republicans as it didn't implicate Hillary, or Obama, that didn't sit well with Republicans running for President. It's a bullshit waste of taxpayer money solely for partisan political means.

PolWatch
07-26-2015, 04:48 AM
Just another partisan hit piece from the Rev Sun Myung Moon & the Unification Church. :grin:

zelmo1234
07-26-2015, 06:59 AM
Oh I am very much ok with this, in this instance. This is just a witch hunt, who's only goal is to find ANYTHING to smear Clinton or Obama with. Frankly if you looked hard enough into any of these politicians you are going to find a skeleton or two, and that is exactly what the GOP is trying to do, find any skeleton to hurt Clinton's election.

You know that's the only reason they want every shred of data Hilary ever typed into a keyboard.

Because The Benghazi Report (https://intelligence.house.gov/sites/intelligence.house.gov/files/documents/Benghazi Report.pdf) wasn't good enough for Republicans as it didn't implicate Hillary, or Obama, that didn't sit well with Republicans running for President. It's a bull$#@! waste of taxpayer money solely for partisan political means.

So in the case of Sherriff Joe, you would be fine if he printed out some of the Emails and items on his computer and then had his server wiped clean. And told the Judges that he turned over everything that was Relevant to the investigation?

You would be fine if someone like Scott Walker set up a charity and hundreds of millions of dollars were coming in from Germany, England and Israel, and 95% of what the charity did was fund the walker family?

We know that Mrs. Clinton has lied to the American people. We know that the She failed in her job especially in the Benghazi affair. We know that political favors were done for some pretty shady countries, in her time as Sec of State, and they were shortly after massive donations to the Clinton Foundation.

If you are honest you will at least have the courage to admit that if a Republican was doing the same things, You would want some answer.

This action is illegal and is designed to run out the clock I would guess that this administration is covering up some really shady stuff, and the elections of Clinton is the only way to keep it buried.

The Democrats are willing to look the other way, because Hillary is the only chance they have of keeping some power because the nations has turned against them on almost every front.

Lineman
07-26-2015, 08:45 AM
I know who to contact whenever I need a strawman.

Here's one: Had Bush not been protected from going to Viet Nam as a line grunt, there would have been no Iraq war.

Had Bush done this, the Democrats would froth at the mouth.

Me, I expect this from Obama.

hanger4
07-26-2015, 11:51 AM
Just another partisan hit piece from the Rev Sun Myung Moon & the Unification Church. :grin:

Oh riiiiiiight, I forgot the IC IG's work for the Rev Sun Myung Moon & the Unification Church.

Please explain how an IG request for an investigation into the mishandling of classified materials is a *hit piece*.

Bob
07-26-2015, 01:58 PM

Here's one: Had Bush not been protected from going to Viet Nam as a line grunt, there would have been no Iraq war.

There seems to be this dumbsmack idea that every solder served in Vietnam, during the Vietman war.

Bases in Korea still had to be manned. Bases inside the USA and Europe had to remain manned.

This crap all of them either served in Vietnam or escaped is crazy talk. The infantry unit I served with in Germany did not mobilize and go to Vietnam yet later they fought in Iraq.

The Guard units inside the USA were always considered vital to the secuirity of the USA. Bush served more actual active duty time in the Air Force than I served in the Army ahead of him.

I had the same chance to join the Guards or reserves. That meant a 6 year term of a lot of reserve training. I did 2 years active and the 6th Army Commanding General excused me from any active reserve training due to requests from Congress at the time.

Bush put in over 2 years active duty.

Chris
07-26-2015, 02:02 PM

Because The Benghazi Report (https://intelligence.house.gov/sites/intelligence.house.gov/files/documents/Benghazi%20Report.pdf) wasn't good enough for Republicans as it didn't implicate Hillary, or Obama, that didn't sit well with Republicans running for President. It's a bullshit waste of taxpayer money solely for partisan political means.

Seems to me that, given your acceptance of "if you looked hard enough into any of these politicians you are going to find a skeleton or two," you're against this so as to keep those skeletons hidden.

Mac-7
07-26-2015, 02:12 PM

What a stupid comment.

The whole point of an IG is independent investigation.

But now they need permission from the agency being investigated?

And libs lap it up like mothers milk.

Mac-7
07-26-2015, 02:18 PM
Oh riiiiiiight, I forgot the IC IG's work for the Rev Sun Myung Moon & the Unification Church.

Please explain how an IG request for an investigation into the mishandling of classified materials is a *hit piece*.

Liberals will tell or accept any lie that helps cover up for their Dear Leader.

Bo-4
07-26-2015, 02:32 PM

100% correct. Poppy moved him to the front of the Texas Air Guard line to keep him out of actual service.

And the rest is history (a two trillion dollar clusterfuck and counting).

Btw, every time i see your handle .. this song comes to mind.

Lotta people think that Glen Campbell wrote it.. nope, Jimmy Webb -- GREAT songwriter and pianist who i actually met once.

I was doing community theater in SoCal one summer when in college and worked on musical direction in a play written by Jenny Messina (Jim Messina's wife from Loggins & Messina).

Well, Jenny's sister (both the daughters of actor Barry Sullivan) married Webb in the early late 70's and i got invited to her hubby's ranch (Motherload Ranch) for the wedding in Ojai, CA.

It was amazing. They had a tethered hot air balloon to give people a lift a couple hundred feet up (to commemorate Webb's song Up Up & Away). Already knew (sorta) Jim Messina but that day met Joni Mitchell, Don Henley, Kenny Loggins and a bunch of other great musicians!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X2TXwREYOY

Mac-7
07-26-2015, 02:43 PM
100% correct. Poppy moved him to the front of the Texas Air Guard line to keep him out of actual service.

And the rest is history (a two trillion dollar cluster$#@! and counting).

Btw, every time i see your handle .. this song comes to mind.

Lotta people think that Glen Campbell wrote it.. nope, Jimmy Webb -- GREAT songwriter and pianist who i actually met once.

I was doing community theater in SoCal one summer when in college and worked on musical direction in a play written by Jenny Messina (Jim Messina's wife from Loggins & Messina).

Well, Jenny's sister (both the daughters of actor Barry Sullivan) married Webb in the early late 70's and i got invited to her hubby's ranch (Motherload Ranch) for the wedding in Ojai, CA.

It was amazing. They had a tethered hot air balloon to give people a lift a couple hundred feet up (to commemorate Webb's song Up Up & Away). Already knew (sorta) Jim Messina but that day met Joni Mitchell, Don Henley, Kenny Loggins and a bunch of other great musicians!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X2TXwREYOY

It's typical of short attention span libs to go from obumer obstruction of the inspector generals to Glenn Campbell in just two pages.

Amazing.

PolWatch
07-26-2015, 03:04 PM

It doesn't include anything about Scott Walker trying to dissolve the WI Government Accountability Board. If it was fair, it would include information that a repub was trying to hide information. Partisan hit piece.

of course, if people want to accept hit pieces from newspapers owned by Korean religious sects, what can you expect?

hanger4
07-26-2015, 03:04 PM

And the rest is history (a two trillion dollar clusterfuck and counting).

Except he's not.

(1) It's not a strawman he discribing, tis mostly a leftist meme.

(2) This thread ain't about Bush and his military service. Which means Lineman is deflecting.

BTW that means you too are wrong.

whatukno
07-26-2015, 03:09 PM
Seems to me that, given your acceptance of "if you looked hard enough into any of these politicians you are going to find a skeleton or two," you're against this so as to keep those skeletons hidden.

Oh please, like your innocent as well, we look hard enough into anyone's life we would find some scandal. We need to focus on whether or not they can do the job and not who's blowing them in the backseat of a limo.

whatukno
07-26-2015, 03:11 PM
What a stupid comment.

The whole point of an IG is independent investigation.

But now they need permission from the agency being investigated?

And libs lap it up like mothers milk.

Oh of course "independent" wink wink nudge nudge.

SURE, "independent" uh huh, sure, ok, yeah. I buy that bullshit like I would buy ocean front property in Arizona.

hanger4
07-26-2015, 03:13 PM
It doesn't include anything about Scott Walker trying to dissolve the WI Government Accountability Board. If it was fair, it would include information that a repub was trying to hide information. Partisan hit piece.

of course, if people want to accept hit pieces from newspapers owned by Korean religious sects, what can you expect?

I've

hanger4
07-26-2015, 03:21 PM

I've already ask you explain how it's a hit, but you go into deflection mode.

How unbecoming of you.

PolWatch
07-26-2015, 03:28 PM
I've already ask you explain how it's a hit, but you go into deflection mode.

How unbecoming of you.

unbecoming? You mean discounting a topic because of the source? Brushing a topic off as a hit piece because it doesn't attack everyone equally? oh my!

hanger4
07-26-2015, 03:34 PM

SURE, "independent" uh huh, sure, ok, yeah. I buy that bullshit like I would buy ocean front property in Arizona.

So the IG's are lying. No proof, it's just because you say so. LOL

birddog
07-26-2015, 03:51 PM
Having to defend the scumbucket president we have now must be tough for the leftys around here! They made the choice to be a lefty, so I don't have much sympathy.

Defending either Hillary or Barry must be frustrating right now. Sad!

Chris
07-26-2015, 04:08 PM
Oh please, like your innocent as well, we look hard enough into anyone's life we would find some scandal. We need to focus on whether or not they can do the job and not who's blowing them in the backseat of a limo.

I'm no a public figure up for election. Why do you want their skeletons closeted? You seem to think many wrongs make it right.

hanger4
07-26-2015, 04:15 PM
unbecoming? You mean discounting a topic because of the source? Brushing a topic off as a hit piece because it doesn't attack everyone equally? oh my!

The WashTimes runs a piece reporting an Obama directive which has bipartisan disgust.

Show the lie PolWatch

whatukno
07-26-2015, 06:44 PM
So the IG's are lying. No proof, it's just because you say so. LOL

Isn't that exactly the excuse y'all are using to go after Hillary, she's lying, no proof, it's just because you say so?

whatukno
07-26-2015, 06:48 PM
I'm no a public figure up for election. Why do you want their skeletons closeted? You seem to think many wrongs make it right.

I'm saying that because it's a cheap shot political tactic employed by the right wing against their opponents. Can't defeat them by introducing better policy, better go after them personally.

hanger4
07-26-2015, 09:20 PM
Isn't that exactly the excuse y'all are using to go after Hillary, she's lying, no proof, it's just because you say so?

Ok, so you can't prove the IG"s are lying. Hell you can't even give a reason for the IG's to lie. You just try ye ol deflection game.

BTW when did the IC IG become employees of rhe right wing ??

whatukno
07-26-2015, 10:51 PM
BTW when did the IC IG become employees of rhe right wing ??

During Ken Starr's waste of taxpayer dollars prosecuting Bill Clinton.

It's just a modern Inquisition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUMkcBctE7c

Mac-7
07-27-2015, 05:56 AM

SURE, "independent" uh huh, sure, ok, yeah. I buy that bull$#@! like I would buy ocean front property in Arizona.

Who do you think the IG's are?

You seem to think they are republicans.

I take you don't know they are appointed by the president and are part of the departments they are investigating.

hanger4
07-27-2015, 05:59 AM
Riiiiight, and Mosad orchestrated 9/11

It's all a vast right wing conspiracy LOL

Mac-7
07-27-2015, 06:02 AM
President Obama nominated Steve A. Linick as State Department Inspector General back in June filling a 1,989-day vacancy. (After 1,989 Day-Vacancy — President Obama Nominates Steve Linick as State Dept Inspector General). He will succeed Howard J. Krongard who announced his resignation on December 7, 2007. Mr. Linick went before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on July 30, 2013 (see video here).

http://diplopundit.net/2013/09/30/senate-confirms-steve-linick-state-dept-finally-gets-an-inspector-general-after-2066-days/ (http://diplopundit.net/2013/09/30/senate-confirms-steve-linick-state-dept-finally-gets-an-inspector-general-after-2066-days/)

Read 'em and weep obumer zombies.

the inspector general was appointed by obumer.

Mac-7
07-27-2015, 06:15 AM
I'm saying that because it's a cheap shot political tactic employed by the right wing against their opponents. Can't defeat them by introducing better policy, better go after them personally.

The complete ignorance of the liberals posting here is astounding.

the IG was appointed by obumer and works for him not the republicans.

How can pro Obama/Hillary fanatics not know that?

Common
07-27-2015, 07:14 AM
I am fully against any Party restricting the ability of watchdog groups created to assure theres no dirty deals that screw the people.

Obama is a snake

Mac-7
07-27-2015, 07:53 AM
I am fully against any Party restricting the ability of watchdog groups created to assure theres no dirty deals that screw the people.

Obama is a snake

Most liberals here don't mind as long as it advances the left's agenda.

PolWatch
07-27-2015, 08:09 AM

Obama is a snake

There are a lot of reptiles slithering around.

'Gov. Scott Walker (http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/07/13/us/elections/scott-walker.html?inline=nyt-per) of Wisconsin said on Monday that he wanted to eliminate the state’s Government Accountability Board (http://www.gab.wi.gov/), a nonpartisan agency that oversees elections, ethics, campaign finance and lobbying. '

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/21/us/scott-walker-proposes-shutting-wisconsin-ethics-board.html?_r=0

Common
07-27-2015, 08:13 AM
Most liberals here don't mind as long as it advances the left's agenda.

In reverse you would love it if it were a Koch Bro baby who did it.

Common
07-27-2015, 08:14 AM

'Gov. Scott Walker (http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/07/13/us/elections/scott-walker.html?inline=nyt-per) of Wisconsin said on Monday that he wanted to eliminate the state’s Government Accountability Board (http://www.gab.wi.gov/), a nonpartisan agency that oversees elections, ethics, campaign finance and lobbying. '

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/21/us/scott-walker-proposes-shutting-wisconsin-ethics-board.html?_r=0

This guy is the most dangerous sleezy punk in polics, he would murder the country

PolWatch
07-27-2015, 08:15 AM
This guy is the most dangerous sleezy punk in polics, he would murder the country

Sadly, that description could be applied to the majority of candidates now leading in the polls.

Mac-7
07-27-2015, 09:23 AM
In reverse you would love it if it were a Koch Bro baby who did it.

The republicans never get away with such a blatant power grab.

the liberal news media would crucify a republican president and republicans in congress would cave before the first 24 hour news cycle.

So I might like it in the short run I wouldn't get my wish.

Only democrats can expand the Washington DC dictatorship successfully.

hanger4
07-27-2015, 10:22 AM

So what ?? Right from your link;

"Mr. Walker would replace the board with “something completely new that is truly accountable to the people of the state of Wisconsin,” he told reporters after a bill-signing ceremony.""the governor “supports overall reform and an investigation into the actions of the Government Accountability Board.”

Bob
07-27-2015, 10:29 AM

See, the truth puts a brand new spin on this issue.

Same link you used.

Mr. Walker would replace the board with “something completely new that is truly accountable to the people of the state of Wisconsin,” he told reporters after a bill-signing ceremony.

There is the matter of the unanimous vote to recall him that he managed to win. Then they kept harassing him and he also won that too.