PDA

View Full Version : Don't drive recklessly over ducks

Bob
07-26-2015, 01:22 PM
http://www.grindtv.com/wildlife/motorists-told-not-to-stop-for-ducks-crossing-freeway/#AsGU3Ow2tPGybWye.97

Crepitus
07-26-2015, 03:02 PM
Just speed bumps of varying sizes.

whatukno
07-26-2015, 03:22 PM
Back home in Colorado, the elk would sometimes (often) cross the road in herds. You didn't stop, you just slowed down to 10 -15 mph and kept going, they got out of your way. If you stopped, the elk would just look at you, and stand there causing a traffic jam.

Survival of the fittest, if you just keep driving, the ducks will either get out of the way or become filler for the pavement.

Bob
07-26-2015, 03:37 PM
Back home in Colorado, the elk would sometimes (often) cross the road in herds. You didn't stop, you just slowed down to 10 -15 mph and kept going, they got out of your way. If you stopped, the elk would just look at you, and stand there causing a traffic jam.

Survival of the fittest, if you just keep driving, the ducks will either get out of the way or become filler for the pavement.

In California, the one time I was near the front of the line of cars stopped for a wild animal, it was a rather large Mountain lion. It acted as if it might take a nap. Then sprang up the mountain side.

Redrose
07-26-2015, 06:06 PM
I saw on TV last night the traffic swerving for the duck family. I understand why people would swerve, but it is really very dangerous to do. We hit a skunk a few weeks ago, it just darted out right in front of our right front wheel. OMG, we had to leave the car out of the garage, because the odor was so bad. Lots of soap and water to clean that stink off.

Bob
07-26-2015, 06:33 PM
I saw on TV last night the traffic swerving for the duck family. I understand why people would swerve, but it is really very dangerous to do. We hit a skunk a few weeks ago, it just darted out right in front of our right front wheel. OMG, we had to leave the car out of the garage, because the odor was so bad. Lots of soap and water to clean that stink off.

Use tomato juice next time. It might be the acid but it works.

Redrose
07-26-2015, 06:37 PM
Use tomato juice next time. It might be the acid but it works.

I got 'skunked' years ago while we were camping. Several of us did, we bought every can of tomato juice the store had and washed with it. It does work.

Bob
07-26-2015, 06:42 PM
I got 'skunked' years ago while we were camping. Several of us did, we bought every can of tomato juice the store had and washed with it. It does work.

There were skunks at Dad's property and I learned it from him. RIP dad.