PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump - Do you think he'll be nominated by the GOP?

BooHoo
07-27-2015, 01:54 AM
Do you guys think Trump will make it to the primaries?

Peter1469
07-27-2015, 02:24 AM
Hi

I doubt it

He may run 3rd party.

AeonPax
07-27-2015, 04:10 AM
`
I too doubt that Trump will make it that far. I personally think he's an egotistical fool, a rich one, but a fool nonetheless. However, he has launched a scare into the GOP in regards to the immigration reform debate which the right has been avoiding like the plague. That is a legitimate concern both sides are scared to touch.

PolWatch
07-27-2015, 04:50 AM
I think this is just a rich man's ego-trip.

Mac-7
07-27-2015, 05:41 AM
`
I too doubt that Trump will make it that far. I personally think he's an egotistical fool, a rich one, but a fool nonetheless. However, he has launched a scare into the GOP in regards to the immigration reform debate which the right has been avoiding like the plague. That is a legitimate concern both sides are scared to touch.

Voters on the right are not avoiding the illegal alien issue.

its moderates in Washington who want to have it both ways.

That is to say solidify the base who want the laws enforced and yet still attract Hispanics who are demanding concessions from the government.

and btw, the issue is not legal immigration but rather the flood of illegal migration.

nathanbforrest45
07-27-2015, 08:04 AM

Unlike "Flat Broke" Hillary.

Why do you care, you wouldn't vote for him regardless of his wealth or "ego"

PolWatch
07-27-2015, 08:05 AM

For the same reason you post about Hillary. I enjoy politics.

Mac-7
07-27-2015, 08:07 AM

Hillary is the darling of leftwingers and will be their hero as long as she leads in the polls over republicans.

Bo-4
07-27-2015, 08:43 AM
I would have said no way a month ago. Now -- put me down as 50/50.

Captain Obvious
07-27-2015, 09:22 AM
No, he'll go third party if that.

He has zero chance of a VP nom, even before he threw the GOP under the bus.

BooHoo
07-27-2015, 12:15 PM

He has an ego, I'll give you that but so doesn't Hillary. There's no denying! I think there's a chance he will make the primaries.

Private Pickle
07-27-2015, 12:16 PM

No.

Private Pickle
07-27-2015, 12:17 PM

He doesn't want the VP... He doesn't want the Presidency either... He just wants the publicity... Good or bad is all good for him.

PolWatch
07-27-2015, 12:22 PM
He has an ego, I'll give you that but so doesn't Hillary. There's no denying! I think there's a chance he will make the primaries.

I think anyone who enters national politics has super-sized egos. Considering I think Hillary is in the heavy-weight class of ego, I think Trump has even her outclassed in the ego dept.

odd, considering the family....I think Jeb Bush is less ego driven than the other candidates.

Tahuyaman
07-27-2015, 03:03 PM
Donald Trump - Do you think he'll be nominated by the GOP?

He won't be nominated, but he's showing the eventual nominee that people appreciate and support people who speak their mind and don't apologize for it.

By thecway, no one is looking to be nominated "by the GOP". The GOP is not going to nominate anyone. Voters are going to do that for them.

The Xl
07-27-2015, 04:55 PM
No, but hopefully he runs 3rd party, buys up a ton of ad time, and throws this fixed duopoly and this fraudulent process on its head.

Not a fan of Trump, I find him borderline insane, quite dull and, frankly, pretty stupid in many ways, but he's better than the bought Republicrats and their fixed system, who live to serve special interests only.

Ivan88
07-27-2015, 11:15 PM

He didn't throw the GOP under the bus, the GOP got there all by itself by it's own retarded anti-life mentality.

AeonPax
07-28-2015, 03:57 AM
Voters on the right are not avoiding the illegal alien issue. its moderates in Washington who want to have it both ways. That is to say solidify the base who want the laws enforced and yet still attract Hispanics who are demanding concessions from the government. and btw, the issue is not legal immigration but rather the flood of illegal migration.
`
As I said, both parties are scared to publicly touch the immigration issue. In this case, it's the Republican voters who want this issue in the forefront, which is why they support Trump. The Democrats, via Obama, have already made the first move by introducing some initiatives.

As for "Immigration Reform", the claim is often made that we don't need reform, just enforce the laws that are already in place. For over 30 plus years, the US has been doing that through various administrations and it's not working. To wit;
`

"Opponents of a new legalization program for unauthorized immigrants living and working in the United States frequently claim that we must try “enforcement first.” That is to say, we must adequately enforce the laws on the books before we can contemplate the formulation of more reasonable laws. This stance is nonsensical for two reasons. First of all, it ignores the fact that the unworkable nature of our immigration laws is itself facilitating unauthorized immigration; so it is illogical to hope that stronger enforcement of those unworkable laws will somehow lessen unauthorized immigration. Secondly, the “enforcement first” perspective conveniently overlooks the fact that the United States has been pursuing an “enforcement first” approach to immigration control for more than two-and-a-half decades—and it has yet to work." - Source (http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/just-facts/fallacy-enforcement-first)
`
Consider also that since 1992, the budget for immigration enforcement has quintupled and the amount of agents has tripled (source (http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/just-facts/throwing-good-money-after-bad-immigration-enforcement)) and the problem has not abated, it has gotten worse. The system needs to be fixed, hence immigration reform is needed. Trumps idea of wall (much less a fence) between Mexico and the U.S. would cost trillions (http://guardianlv.com/2015/05/donald-trump-wants-to-build-a-wall-between-u-s-and-mexico/) . The US and Mexico share a common border of about 2,000-miles. Even just a fence would cost $22.4 billion (https://theweek.com/articles/466628/what-take-secure-usmexico-border) not including maintenance and staffing. Pragmatically, the only way to go here is immigration reform.

PolWatch
07-28-2015, 04:47 AM
I believe that enforcement of current laws would go a long way toward discouraging new illegal immigration. Current laws against the hiring of illegals are not enforced. Enforcement of these laws would remove the reason for most illegal immigration. Work on psychically stopping illegals at borders will not do anything about those here. Remove their income and reason for being here. People laughed at Romney's self-deportation remarks but it could work if there was nothing here for them.

donttread
07-28-2015, 05:29 AM

Of course not. He's much more attention whore than candidate, otherwise he'd of never said what he did about McCain

donttread
07-28-2015, 05:32 AM
`

As I easily and correctly predicted amongst all the immigration bantering before the 2012 election: Illegal immigration will not be addressed in any meaningful way as it serves the Donkephant too well.

Mac-7
07-28-2015, 06:37 AM
As I easily and correctly predicted amongst all the immigration bantering before the 2012 election: Illegal immigration will not be addressed in any meaningful way as it serves the Donkephant too well.

Could it be that government cant do amnesty because the American people are not of the same mind as the chamber of commerce and la raza?

Mac-7
07-28-2015, 06:46 AM
`
As I said, both parties are scared to publicly touch the immigration issue. In this case, it's the Republican voters who want this issue in the forefront, which is why they support Trump. The Democrats, via Obama, have already made the first move by introducing some initiatives.

As for "Immigration Reform", the claim is often made that we don't need reform, just enforce the laws that are already in place. For over 30 plus years, the US has been doing that through various administrations and it's not working. To wit;
`
"Opponents of a new legalization program for unauthorized immigrants living and working in the United States frequently claim that we must try “enforcement first.” That is to say, we must adequately enforce the laws on the books before we can contemplate the formulation of more reasonable laws. This stance is nonsensical for two reasons. First of all, it ignores the fact that the unworkable nature of our immigration laws is itself facilitating unauthorized immigration; so it is illogical to hope that stronger enforcement of those unworkable laws will somehow lessen unauthorized immigration. Secondly, the “enforcement first” perspective conveniently overlooks the fact that the United States has been pursuing an “enforcement first” approach to immigration control for more than two-and-a-half decades—and it has yet to work." - Source (http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/just-facts/fallacy-enforcement-first)
`
Consider also that since 1992, the budget for immigration enforcement has quintupled and the amount of agents has tripled (source (http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/just-facts/throwing-good-money-after-bad-immigration-enforcement)) and the problem has not abated, it has gotten worse. The system needs to be fixed, hence immigration reform is needed. Trumps idea of wall (much less a fence) between Mexico and the U.S. would cost trillions (http://guardianlv.com/2015/05/donald-trump-wants-to-build-a-wall-between-u-s-and-mexico/) . The US and Mexico share a common border of about 2,000-miles. Even just a fence would cost $22.4 billion (https://theweek.com/articles/466628/what-take-secure-usmexico-border) not including maintenance and staffing. Pragmatically, the only way to go here is immigration reform.

Your source is pro amnesty and anti border security.

But I agree that enforcing our existing laws is difficult when deportees can just return a few months later through the porous border.

I am willing to depend $22 billion to close the border and more to keep it closed.

Then when we find illegals and deport them they will stay deported.

Ivan88
07-30-2015, 09:25 PM
One thing good about Trump running for President, whether he is right or wrong, is that he says things that the rest of the wimps are afraid to say.