PDA

View Full Version : Reince Priebus has a new rule: Republicans can't run third party!

Bo-4
07-27-2015, 09:41 AM
This just in -- Listen up Mr Trump!

WASHINGTON, July 27 (Reuters) - The head of the Republican Party said on Monday party candidates running for the White House in 2016 should vow not to run as independents, a move that could give Democrats the edge in the presidential race. "I think our candidates should pledge not to run as a third party candidate," Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus told NBC News in an interview.

Got that? The all-Powerful Prieb hath spoken!

:biglaugh:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/reince-priebus-2016-election_55b62501e4b0074ba5a4fc80?utm_hp_ref=polit ics

Mac-7
07-27-2015, 09:46 AM
The dope head Gary Johnson did that in 2012.

When he didn't make it as a repub he went third party.

I think its a good rule to have.

Cigar
07-27-2015, 09:49 AM
This just in -- Listen up Mr Trump!

WASHINGTON, July 27 (Reuters) - The head of the Republican Party said on Monday party candidates running for the White House in 2016 should vow not to run as independents, a move that could give Democrats the edge in the presidential race. "I think our candidates should pledge not to run as a third party candidate," Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus told NBC News in an interview.

Got that? The all-Powerful Prieb hath spoken!

:biglaugh:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/reince-priebus-2016-election_55b62501e4b0074ba5a4fc80?utm_hp_ref=polit ics

The genie is out of the bottle ... :laugh:

maineman
07-27-2015, 09:50 AM
how would anyone enforce such a rule?

Bo-4
07-27-2015, 09:51 AM
The dope head Gary Johnson did that in 2012.

When he didn't make it as a repub he went third party.

I think its a good rule to have.

Rice Pilaf has a misguided sense of power. There's nothing he can do about a third party run by ANYONE so inclined.

Bo-4
07-27-2015, 09:52 AM
how would anyone enforce such a rule?

Exactly. They wouldn't. And kicking and screaming will only make them *look like kindergartners on a sugar high.

*As if they don't already ;-)

Captain Obvious
07-27-2015, 09:54 AM
Who?

This a white guy?

Fuck him anyway, more reason to vote third party. The establishment is nervous.

Mac-7
07-27-2015, 09:55 AM
Rice Pilaf has a misguided sense of power. There's nothing he can do about a third party run by ANYONE so inclined.

True.

All he's asking is they sign a pledge declaring they won't go 3rd party.

but they could make it a binding rule in future elections.

Captain Obvious
07-27-2015, 09:57 AM
True.

All he's asking is they sign a pledge declaring they won't go 3rd party.

but they could make it a binding rule in future elections.

How anti-democratic is that?

And you support this establishment too.

Mac-7
07-27-2015, 10:01 AM
How anti-democratic is that?

And you support this establishment too.

I don't think its anti democratic.

If the doper had won the nomination his faction of the party would expect support from the losers.

Captain Obvious
07-27-2015, 10:03 AM
I don't think its anti democratic.

If the doper had won the nomination his faction of the party would expect support from the losers.

If the DNC tried a stunt like this you and el Rushbo would be singing a different tune.

It's the opposite of democracy but considering we don't exist in a democracy then who gives a fuck anyway.

Either way, the establishment is frightened and that's not a bad thing.

Mac-7
07-27-2015, 10:14 AM
If the DNC tried a stunt like this you and el Rushbo would be singing a different tune.

It's the opposite of democracy but considering we don't exist in a democracy then who gives a $#@! anyway.

Either way, the establishment is frightened and that's not a bad thing.

The Republican Party is not a democracy.

No one has to be in the party and they enjoy no bill of rights.

the party rules should be changed to state every candidate for THE GOP NOMINATION must sign a pledge in order to be placed on the primary ballot.

If they don't sign they are not allowed to run for the repub nomination.

Mac-7
07-27-2015, 10:16 AM
Of course they could sing and the change their mind later.

But I think that would open a real can of worms questioning their honesty if they did.