PDA

View Full Version : All Obama did was follow Mike Huckabee's advice on Iran

Bo-4
07-28-2015, 08:22 AM
Nice.. from this to the door of the oven in seven short years. :rolleyes:

"We cannot live with al Qaeda, but we might be able to live with a contained Iran. Iran will not acquire nuclear weapons on my watch. But before I look parents in the eye to explain why I put their son's or daughter's life at risk, I want to do everything possible to avoid conflict. We have substantive issues to discuss with Tehran.

"Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, 2008

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/2008-01-01/americas-priorities-war-terror

Mac-7
07-28-2015, 08:27 AM

"We cannot live with al Qaeda, but we might be able to live with a contained Iran. Iran will not acquire nuclear weapons on my watch. But before I look parents in the eye to explain why I put their son's or daughter's life at risk, I want to do everything possible to avoid conflict. We have substantive issues to discuss with Tehran.

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/2008-01-01/americas-priorities-war-terror

2008 was over 6 years ago.

If not for obamas weak foreign policy a strong president would have increased sanctions and isolated Iran even more.

He might even have supported the students in 2009 when they rebelled against the mullahs and the Republican Guard shot them down in the streets.

Those protestors looked to obumer for support but he was too busy attending parties in Hollywood and playing golf.

AeonPax
07-28-2015, 08:30 AM
2008 was over 6 years ago.<snip>
`
Would you say Huckabees POV has evolved or did he just do a flip-flop?

Mac-7
07-28-2015, 08:32 AM
`
Would you say Huckabees POV has evolved or did he just do a flip-flop?

Huckabee never advocated a Munich style peace in our time farce like the one obumer ended up with.

Bo-4
07-28-2015, 08:46 AM

If not for obamas weak foreign policy a strong president would have increased sanctions and isolated Iran even more.

He might even have supported the students in 2009 when they rebelled against the mullahs and the Republican Guard shot them down in the streets.

Those protestors looked to obumer for support but he was too busy attending parties in Hollywood and playing golf.

What absolute nonsense. Is there nothing you won't spin for your overlords?

Mac-7
07-28-2015, 08:51 AM
What absolute nonsense. Is there nothing you won't spin for your overlords?

You have no answer for obamas incompetence except to call it spin.

he has throughly bungled the problems with Iran.

Mac-7
07-28-2015, 08:52 AM
Of course appointing two absolute morons as sec of state didn't help either.

Bo-4
07-28-2015, 08:56 AM
You have no answer for obamas incompetence except to call it spin.

he has throughly bungled the problems with Iran.

Clearly you need a history lesson.

You're welcome! :)

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-07-14/blame-george-w-bush-for-iran-deal

Cigar
07-28-2015, 08:59 AM

I'll take a Weak President over a War Lying SOB who put The US in a never ending War. So all the people who want to go to War should lace up their own fucking boots and get to marching their ass over to it.

Bo-4
07-28-2015, 09:03 AM
I'll take a Weak President over a War Lying SOB who put The US in a never ending War. So all the people who want to go to War should lace up their own fucking boots and get to marching their ass over to it.

Draft the sons of rich neocon Republicans.

:thumbsup:

Mac-7
07-28-2015, 09:08 AM
Clearly you need a history lesson.

You're welcome! :)

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-07-14/blame-george-w-bush-for-iran-deal

I see you found a liberal at Bloomberg to make your argument for you but I'm not impressed.

Obumer has a 6 year history of weakness and incompetence involving foreign policy in general and Iran in particular.

Cigar
07-28-2015, 09:13 AM
I Love it when their panties get into a bunch :laugh:

Mac-7
07-28-2015, 09:17 AM

I know how happy you are to have obumer as your Dear Leader.

But what if he isn't perfect and actually makes big mistakes in foreign policy?

A wrong move by your lazy golfer in chief would cost you some short term embarrassment were you ever forced to admit it.

But that pales beside the harm it would do to future generations of Americans.

Bo-4
07-28-2015, 09:20 AM

Haters gonna hate .. hate hate hate hate! ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM

Mac-7
07-28-2015, 09:23 AM
Haters gonna hate .. hate hate hate hate! ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM

Its difficult to have an intelligent debate with people as silly as the libs around here.

Bo-4
07-28-2015, 09:27 AM
Its difficult to have an intelligent debate with people as silly as the libs around here.

You're not interested in debate or actual facts.

Only in making this president and Dems in general look bad while telling yourself that it isn't possible you could ever be wrong about something.

It's really as simple as that. ;)

Mac-7
07-28-2015, 09:31 AM
You're not interested in debate or actual facts.

Only in making this president and Dems in general look bad while telling yourself that it isn't possible you could ever be wrong about something.

It's really as simple as that. ;)

I gave you two arguments that point to obamas incompetence in dealing with Iran.

and your response was a story by some nobody at Bloomberg News and a silly photo insult.

Cigar
07-28-2015, 09:34 AM
I know how happy you are to have obumer as your Dear Leader.

But what if he isn't perfect and actually makes big mistakes in foreign policy?

A wrong move by your lazy golfer in chief would cost you some short term embarrassment were you ever forced to admit it.

But that pales beside the harm it would do to future generations of Americans.

The Legacy will last longer than you :grin:

Mac-7
07-28-2015, 09:42 AM
The Legacy will last longer than you :grin:

I think the optics of a black president are all that matter to you.

Bo-4
07-28-2015, 09:59 AM
I gave you two arguments that point to obamas incompetence in dealing with Iran.

and your response was a story by some nobody at Bloomberg News and a silly photo insult.

Nah, your arguments generally suck, and are based on feelings (truthiness) as opposed to facts.

texan
07-28-2015, 10:09 AM

So what and its a real stretch that he took his advice past talking? That doesn't mean you do this bs deal with all kinds of side agreements..............I doubt huck would have went around the entire government. AND do you want me to post the 100's of comments from Obama Kerry that say what they won't agree to that they agreed to?????????

That should actually piss you off, but you don't care do ya?

Bo-4
07-28-2015, 10:19 AM
So what and its a real stretch that he took his advice past talking? That doesn't mean you do this bs deal with all kinds of side agreements..............I doubt huck would have went around the entire government. AND do you want me to post the 100's of comments from Obama Kerry that say what they won't agree to that they agreed to?????????

That should actually piss you off, but you don't care do ya?

All i care about is avoiding the alternative ---> another dumb war.

NOBODY is going around the the entire government. It is the executive branches job to lead such negotiations.

Imagine if 535 members of Congress were directly involved in the talks. Please, they can't even walk and chew gum.

Side agreements are a natural part of any process involving 5 countries. Congress with be able to review each and every one.

And FYI, if Iran cheats or reneges, it's bombs away.

texan
07-28-2015, 10:20 AM
We cannot allow Iran to get a nuclear weapon. It would be a game-changer in the region. Not only would it threaten Israel, our strongest ally in the region and one of our strongest allies in the world, but it would also create a possibility of nuclear weapons falling into the hands of terrorists. And so it's unacceptable. And I will do everything that's required to prevent it. And we will never take military options off the table.
--Barack Obama, Second Presidential Debate[1] (http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2008/12/yes-a-nuclear-iran-is-unacceptable-a-memo-to-president-elect-obama#_ftn1)

LIAR

Common
07-28-2015, 10:23 AM
Draft the sons of rich neocon Republicans.

:thumbsup:

The rich democrat sons avoided the draft right along with them. Avoiding the draft was the privledged thing it had no party affiliations

texan
07-28-2015, 10:29 AM
All i care about is avoiding the alternative ---> another dumb war.

NOBODY is going around the the entire government. It is the executive branches job to lead such negotiations.

Imagine if 535 members of Congress were directly involved in the talks. Please, they can't even walk and chew gum.

Side agreements are a natural part of any process involving 5 countries. Congress with be able to review each and every one.

And FYI, if Iran cheats or reneges, it's bombs away.

So you are sitting somewhere in the USA and can determine what a dumb war is? How exactly is Iran going to get into a war with us (other than funding the terrorists they are already funding)? Huh bro? Are they gonna sent their fleet of naval ships over here?

What was wrong with getting something out of the deal other than saying we got a deal that allows them to get a weapon? What happened to the threat defined by Obama in the quote from his debate which he has said a thousand times! Such BS and you defend it with silly party lines. No more dumb wars...........Most wars are dumb but they happen anyway because there are bad guys around the world. We had them crippled with sanctions and then just gave everything to them while they chanted death to America.............WTF ever.

Typical party lover no real judgement involved just jump on board to whatever the home team says, in spite of what they have stated in the past.

texan
07-28-2015, 10:34 AM
BTW where did you pull this from "side deals are part of every process?"

Such fing BS!!!!! Just making it up as you go so you provide cover to this dumb act?

How many international deals have you negotiated to know this? Is this like "I will have more flexibility after the election"?

Give me an honest discussion without the talking points.

Bo-4
07-28-2015, 10:41 AM
BTW where did you pull this from "side deals are part of every process?"

Such fing BS!!!!! Just making it up as you go so you provide cover to this dumb act?

How many international deals have you negotiated to know this? Is this like "I will have more flexibility after the election"?

Give me an honest discussion without the talking points.

I suspect you hate it because Obama did it.

Read up on the IAEA. Since they will be doing much of the monitoring, a separate deal was necessary.

http://sputniknews.com/politics/20150723/1024943829.html

Bo-4
07-28-2015, 10:43 AM
We cannot allow Iran to get a nuclear weapon. It would be a game-changer in the region. Not only would it threaten Israel, our strongest ally in the region and one of our strongest allies in the world, but it would also create a possibility of nuclear weapons falling into the hands of terrorists. And so it's unacceptable. And I will do everything that's required to prevent it. And we will never take military options off the table.
--Barack Obama, Second Presidential Debate[1] (http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2008/12/yes-a-nuclear-iran-is-unacceptable-a-memo-to-president-elect-obama#_ftn1)

LIAR

Where's the lie? (please be specific).

1) We won't allow Iran to get a nuclear weapon
2) It is indeed unacceptable
3) We've not taken military options off the table