PDA

View Full Version : Lets amp up the "War on Drugs"

donttread
08-04-2015, 06:06 AM
Many of you who know my post, know that I am a staunch opponent of prohibition. However, I got to thinking maybe you prohibitionist are on to something. Why not amp up the ""War on Drugs" we could include middle and upper class America this time.
Here are a few of my ideas:

1) Since you can be stopped and frisked in NYC for virtually no reason let's institue "stop and breathalyse laws, " especially outside bar rooms. Increase penalties for DUI and end this pesky game of guessing how much alcohol it's ok to drink and then drive and just make it illegal to drive with any alcohol in your system. Lets truly enforce public intoxication laws fairly and consistently while were at it.
That should add a few million a year to the legal system.

2) Those who smoke tobacco indoors or in cars with minors present should be arrested for child endangerment and assault . People who buy cigs at the reservation for other people, even friends and family members should be charged with drug dealing. A few million more here.

3) Any misuse of prescription drugs should be dealt with harshly to "stop the spread of such behavior". For example that vicodin your buddy gave you last summer after you hurt your back in a sandlot football game? Probation for you, jail for him since he's a "dealer". Same thing when your wife successfully treats her upper respiratory infection with your left over antibiotics. A few million more here once we devise an unconstitutional way to spy on them at home so we can catch people in this "out of control form of drug abuse red handed"

Think of the economic boom we could create! The Prison Industrial Complex could grow many fold almost over night , bringing with it lots of good jobs. Better yet , busting middle class and rich people opens up good jobs, like stock broker, chemist and teachers for the college grads who haven't been able to get jobs in our "recovering" economy. Much better that busting some street junkie who's imprisonment leaves no job openings. Lawyers would benefit from being able to charge clients more who wind up getting sent to jail anyway. In fact we should probably concentrate on the middle class drug use as it will be more profitable in general.

I mean if we must have a "War on Drugs" lets go all in! Thoughts?

Ransom
08-04-2015, 06:13 AM
:rolleyes:

Peter1469
08-04-2015, 06:19 AM
The war on drugs has been an abject failure. Just as the war on poverty is.

PolWatch
08-04-2015, 06:47 AM
donttread - now those are some really original ideas for raising revenue & increasing employment in the legal field. One area that would be a real gold mine is to start charging doctors & pharmacy personnel if someone has an adverse reaction to medication. After all, they provided the drugs that caused death and/or harm. They would really start getting some $$$ if they started prosecuting big pharma for manufacture of those bad drugs too.

donttread
08-04-2015, 07:12 AM
@donttread (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=922) - now those are some really original ideas for raising revenue & increasing employment in the legal field. One area that would be a real gold mine is to start charging doctors & pharmacy personnel if someone has an adverse reaction to medication. After all, they provided the drugs that caused death and/or harm. They would really start getting some $$$ if they started prosecuting big pharma for manufacture of those bad drugs too.

I'm OK with going after the docs, perhaps a fine for each patient that gets caught selling their oxy? But don't you realize that corporations are sacred in our society Pol? They are in effect , our national religion. We can jail joe blow for dealing but not "Bradley Upper Crust the 3rd" who is an executive at big pharma or big tobacco!

Cigar
08-04-2015, 08:08 AM
The war on drugs has been an abject failure. Just as the war on poverty is.

... and the War in Iraq, the War against The ACA.

donttread
08-04-2015, 09:47 AM

I thought you'd be all about spreading the debilitating effects of the drug war to the middle class and up and a higher percentage of white folks and possibly even as Asian or two. Please tell me you don't puff your cigars around your grandkids?

Ransom
08-04-2015, 07:01 PM
@donttread (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=922) - now those are some really original ideas for raising revenue & increasing employment in the legal field. One area that would be a real gold mine is to start charging doctors & pharmacy personnel if someone has an adverse reaction to medication. After all, they provided the drugs that caused death and/or harm. They would really start getting some $$$ if they started prosecuting big pharma for manufacture of those bad drugs too.

Now hold on. Upon reading this, I believe PolWatch has just solved the entire war on drugs problem. Let's legalize drugs........but allow the user to lawsuit the shat out of his Pusher should he have an "adverse reaction."

donttread
08-04-2015, 07:37 PM
Now hold on. Upon reading this, I believe PolWatch has just solved the entire war on drugs problem. Let's legalize drugs........but allow the user to lawsuit the shat out of his Pusher should he have an "adverse reaction."

Does that include Segram's , Phillip Morris and bars?

Ransom
08-04-2015, 07:39 PM
Does that include Segram's , Phillip Morris and bars?

McDonalds, Starbucks too.

donttread
08-05-2015, 10:29 AM
Lets just put half the population in jail and pay the other half to take care of them?

Ransom
08-05-2015, 12:28 PM
Lets just put half the population in jail and pay the other half to take care of them?

It isn't surprising you're unaware this has already happened.

Ransom
08-05-2015, 12:29 PM
I'd just like to wage war on drug use while posting.

An obvious issue on this particular forum.

donttread
08-05-2015, 03:26 PM
It isn't surprising you're unaware this has already happened.

No, we only have a few million in prison industrial system now, there is room for expansion. You know as long as we continue to ignore little things like rights, the Constitution, history and common sense.

donttread
08-05-2015, 06:31 PM
Where are all the "jail the pot smokers" crowd? Getting drunk , beatin the wife and having a cigarette before driving into town?

donttread
08-06-2015, 07:43 AM

Yes the "War on terror" is another trumped up failure"

OGIS
08-06-2015, 08:08 AM

And who do we tax to pay for all that? Oh wait! We tax the prisoners! And then, of course, since the can't work to pay the taxes, we fine and imprison them again for tax evasion!

donttread
08-06-2015, 09:05 AM
And who do we tax to pay for all that? Oh wait! We tax the prisoners! And then, of course, since the can't work to pay the taxes, we fine and imprison them again for tax evasion!

Now your with the program! But the real money can be made by turning the prisoners effectively into slave labor for corporate America

OGIS
08-06-2015, 09:28 AM
Where are all the "jail the pot smokers" crowd? Getting drunk , beatin the wife and having a cigarette before driving into town?

I've noticed that they tend to emulate c0ckroaches when the lights go on.

donttread
08-06-2015, 06:09 PM
I've noticed that they tend to emulate c0ckroaches when the lights go on.

Show a little respect. These guys work hard. Alcohol and tobacco are very hard on the body and beatin women and kids all those years causes so much arthritis in their hands they can barely open their own beer bottles! Thank God they stayed away from pot!

OGIS
08-06-2015, 07:36 PM
Show a little respect. These guys work hard. Alcohol and tobacco are very hard on the body and beatin women and kids all those years causes so much arthritis in their hands they can barely open their own beer bottles! Thank God they stayed away from pot!

And the alcoholic muscle tremors don't help, either.

But you're right. I should be kind. Drunks can't help it.

donttread
08-07-2015, 03:29 AM
And the alcoholic muscle tremors don't help, either.

But you're right. I should be kind. Drunks can't help it.

I'm recovering myself although I was never the domestic violence type. But , I also wasn't all high and mighty about my drug of choice being OK and yours not, like some of our friends here on the board.