PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton called Trump ahead of his 2016 launch

exotix
08-05-2015, 05:06 PM
Today

Bill Clinton called Trump ahead of his 2016 launch

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/bill-clinton-called-donald-trump-ahead-of-republicans-2016-launch/2015/08/05/e2b30bb8-3ae3-11e5-b3ac-8a79bc44e5e2_story.html

Former president Bill Clinton had a private telephone conversation in late spring with Donald Trump at the same time that the billionaire investor and reality-television star was nearing a decision to run for the White House, according to associates of both men.

Four Trump allies and one Clinton associate familiar with the exchange said that Clinton encouraged Trump’s efforts to play a larger role in the Republican Party and offered his own views of the political landscape.

Clinton’s personal office in New York confirmed that the call occurred in late May, but an aide to Clinton said the 2016 race was never specifically discussed and that it was only a casual chat.

Newlyweds Donald Trump Sr. and Melania Trump with Hillary Rodham Clinton and Bill Clinton at their reception held at The Mar-a-Lago Club in January 22, 2005 in Palm Beach, Fla.

http://i58.tinypic.com/123s7k8.png

Cigar
08-05-2015, 08:36 PM
So he is a Democratic Plant :laugh:

PolWatch
08-05-2015, 08:46 PM
I KNEW all that cheering was from dems!

texan
08-05-2015, 08:56 PM
More likely Clinton is pimping this to look good. Shocking huh?

Redrose
08-06-2015, 12:29 AM
More likely Clinton is pimping this to look good. Shocking huh?

I'll say it again, I don't think Bill really wants Hillary to be president. He's content with being Mr. President and not sharing that spotlight with her. He sabotaged her in '08 with some off the cuff comments.

AeonPax
08-06-2015, 12:47 AM
`
`
Melania Trump is taller than Hillary. Maybe she should run.

Peter1469
08-06-2015, 04:48 AM
She is pretty too.

PolWatch
08-06-2015, 07:05 AM
http://imgick.al.com/home/bama-media/width620/img/opinion/photo/18464204-mmmain.jpg

Bo-4
08-06-2015, 07:41 AM
I honestly don't think this is that big a deal. They run in the same circles, are both charismatic and who better to ask for political advice than Bubba?

Trump brushed this off earlier ... yeah i gave money to the Clintons, i'm in New York .. gotta make money .. so what?

That said, Bill Clinton encouraging him to get more involved with the Republican party was pure EVIL GENIUS!!

:biglaugh:

PolWatch
08-06-2015, 07:53 AM
I love politics! Its like a petri dish for abnormal psychology. Donald Trump, a billionaire (who started life with only 1 million from Daddy) is leading the repub polls.

Who/what is Trump? I think everyone can agree he is loud, abrasive & pretty sure that HE is the center of the universe.....not so different from any other politician. This is someone who is on record as pro-choice and a supporter of the democrat party. He has been involved in 2 very high profile, messy divorces involving adultery and charges of less than moral behavior. He is currently married to his third wife (each one younger than the last). He is associated with a trashy (imo) show where he gleefully insults contestants. What I find amazing is this is now the preferred standard carrier for the party of family values. His main supporters seem to be the far right of social conservatives? Another politician mystery