PDA

View Full Version : Green Arrow Talks 2016: The First 2016 GOP Primary Debate

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 08:03 PM
Well, this one has gotten off to an awkward start. I remember the 2012 debates starting out with the candidates smiling, shaking hands, and talking to each other as the moderators got the introductions out of the way. This time around, all ten candidates just stood there quietly, giving each other the cold shoulder, and then the Fox moderators spent the first ten minutes riffing on and justifying Fox News's debate selection rubric.

That was painful to watch.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 08:06 PM
Oh, shit, this shit got hella real super fast. Trump gets booed universally because he won't promise he won't make an independent run and Rand Paul comes out swinging and accuses him of buying politicians and hedging his bets against the Clintons.

We in fo' a fight, folks.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 08:09 PM
Rubio is defending his lack of a resume by saying that a resume isn't important.

Peter1469
08-06-2015, 08:10 PM
Paul hurt himself with that quip.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 08:10 PM
Jeb understands the problem with dynastic politics...but that won't stop him from engaging in dynastic politics.

Oh, and people in Floriduh called him "Jeb" because he earned it, and "Vito Corleone" because he vetoed shit.

What a goober.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 08:11 PM
Paul hurt himself with that quip.

I agree. He was trying to be the first guy to hit Trump so he could reinvigorate his campaign and it's going to backfire.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 08:12 PM
Oh, Megyn Kelly is hitting Trump on his misogyny.

Problem is, Trump is apparently too savvy for that. His response got applause.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 08:13 PM
You can see how much of a god complex Trump has when he finishes talking. He has that look that President Obama has, that imperious "I am divine" look.

I detest it.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 08:14 PM
Ted Cruz speaks a bit like a southern preacher. He even had a little of "the jump" when he said he will always tell the truth.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 08:15 PM
Brett Baier says, "Yo Christie, your state sucks. How's that a record to run on?"

Christie says, "You should have seen it before I got there, nigga."

Applause.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 08:17 PM
Megyn Kelly criticizes Walker's stated policies on abortion, including a ban on abortion even in cases of rape, incest, and life of the mother.

His response is to defend his pro-life record and criticize Hillary. Met with applause.

Megyn is launching some good, tough questions, but these guys are just too savvy to fall to her blade of wit. Unfortunate.

Mac-7
08-06-2015, 08:18 PM
I don't think msnbc could do a better job of attacking republicans than the 3 stooges at Fox.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 08:18 PM
Huckabee, I'm going to do something bold about abortion. More bold than a constitutional amendment and defunding Planned Parenthood.

Bold solution? Fuck SCOTUS, change the law.

Not so bold, actually.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 08:19 PM
I don't think msnbc could do a better job of attacking republicans than the 3 stooges at Fox.

You're right. They shouldn't moderate the debate and ask tough questions, they should throw softballs and tell the candidates how awesome they are.

Mac-7
08-06-2015, 08:19 PM
Megyn Kelly criticizes Walker's stated policies on abortion, including a ban on abortion even in cases of rape, incest, and life of the mother.

His response is to defend his pro-life record and criticize Hillary. Met with applause.

Megyn is launching some good, tough questions, but these guys are just too savvy to fall to her blade of wit. Unfortunate.

Megan Kelly is a feminist.

She likes to bust men's balls.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 08:20 PM
Rand Paul does a good job recovering from his misfire at the start, defends his foreign policy record. Thunderous applause.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 08:21 PM
Megyn Kelly strikes Kasich on what I figured would be his only real weakness - expanding Medicare in Ohio.

He swats that one away though and defends his position very well with facts.

Mac-7
08-06-2015, 08:22 PM
You're right. They shouldn't moderate the debate and ask tough questions, they should throw softballs and tell the candidates how awesome they are.

Who is going to ask Hillary and Bernie tough questions?

The democrat party worshiping liberal news media?

Mac-7
08-06-2015, 08:23 PM
Bush talks tough on illegal aliens but he's just blowing smoke.

he wants amnesty first and border security someday.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 08:24 PM
Who is going to ask Hillary and Bernie tough questions?

The democrat party worshiping liberal news media?

Actually, the candidates should be thanking their lucky stars that these three moderators are being tough on them. You don't sharpen your sword in the middle of combat against an enemy prepared, you sharpen your sword before the battle.

Hillary will be a hell of a lot tougher on these candidates than Megyn Kelly, Brett Baier, and Chris Wallace. If they can't handle the tough questions and pointed critiques of these three moderators, they'll never survive a general election against Hillary.

Mac-7
08-06-2015, 08:28 PM
Actually, the candidates should be thanking their lucky stars that these three moderators are being tough on them. You don't sharpen your sword in the middle of combat against an enemy prepared, you sharpen your sword before the battle.

Hillary will be a hell of a lot tougher on these candidates than Megyn Kelly, Brett Baier, and Chris Wallace. If they can't handle the tough questions and pointed critiques of these three moderators, they'll never survive a general election against Hillary.

The 3 stooges at Fox would be proud lib's libs if they worked at NBC instead of Fox.

Chloe
08-06-2015, 08:30 PM
How can anybody truly think that Donald Trump is a serious candidate and possible "leader of the free world"? The man is just vile, and his bluntness would wear out and get super old fast if he were to ever be president. People applaud and laugh but it's just not at all a joke.

The Xl
08-06-2015, 08:31 PM
How can anybody truly think that Donald Trump is a serious candidate and possible "leader of the free world"? The man is just vile, and his bluntness would wear out and get super old fast if he were to ever be president. People applaud and laugh but it's just not at all a joke.

He's still better than the rest of these clowns because he's honest and not subservient to Washington or corporate America.

He's not great but enough is enough with the bought and paid for Rs and Ds

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 08:32 PM

Whether anyone thinks he's a serious candidate is irrelevant at this point. He's the clear frontrunner and this debate so far is not hurting him like it should. He'll likely continue to pick up steam if this keeps going the way it is.

Should he be a serious candidate? Hell no. But he is. That should be terrifying.

Mac-7
08-06-2015, 08:32 PM

I bet Chloe thinks Hillary is a serious candidate.

Ethereal
08-06-2015, 08:33 PM

For the same reason that anybody could think Hillary Clinton is a serious candidate.

Chloe
08-06-2015, 08:34 PM
He's still better than the rest of these clowns because he's honest and not subservient to Washington or corporate America.

Honest sure, but I don't think it's sincere at all. Just because he is different and creates a lot of one liners may be good for a month or two and be all refreshing and stuff but the man would represent all of us in the White House. I'd be embarrassed and scared for our country if he were in charge. I think he would think he is the king of America.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 08:34 PM

Bill Clinton called him to encourage him to get into the debate, and he has said on more than one occasion that he likes Hillary Clinton.

He's not bought because he's the guy that does the buying. Again, replace Trump with Lloyd Blankfein, CEO of Goldman Sachs. Same difference. If you're going to support Trump you might as well go ahead and support Clinton or Bush.

Chloe
08-06-2015, 08:35 PM
I bet Chloe thinks Hillary is a serious candidate.

no Hillary is a career politician and not the best candidate, nor is she the person I want to see become president.

The Xl
08-06-2015, 08:36 PM
Whether anyone thinks he's a serious candidate is irrelevant at this point. He's the clear frontrunner and this debate so far is not hurting him like it should. He'll likely continue to pick up steam if this keeps going the way it is.

Should he be a serious candidate? Hell no. But he is. That should be terrifying.

I don't disagree, but who else is a serious candidate? They're all fucking puppets, jokes.

The Xl
08-06-2015, 08:37 PM
Bill Clinton called him to encourage him to get into the debate, and he has said on more than one occasion that he likes Hillary Clinton.

He's not bought because he's the guy that does the buying. Again, replace Trump with Lloyd Blankfein, CEO of Goldman Sachs. Same difference. If you're going to support Trump you might as well go ahead and support Clinton or Bush.

Trump will support his own interests, but is he supporting the general interests that run the country? I don't know. Theoretically, he doesn't need to, he's fabulously wealthy and doesn't need their money. That makes him better than the rest of the lot who are puppets.

Mac-7
08-06-2015, 08:37 PM
no Hillary is a career politician and not the best candidate, nor is she the person I want to see become president.

Not the best?

That's very mild criticism of someone you at least respect as a serious candidate.

Chloe
08-06-2015, 08:38 PM
For the same reason that anybody could think Hillary Clinton is a serious candidate.

Well she is a more serious candidate in my opinion but Donald Trump as a candidate is pure entertainment. He may bring up points that create debate but him as president vs him as a conversation starter are two different things. He would find a way to divide and anger every group and type of American by the end of his first term with his mouth and impulsive attitude.

The Xl
08-06-2015, 08:39 PM
Fuck Chris Christie.

Green Arrow
Dayum, son, Rand may just earn my vote back. He's killing Christie.

Christie's just turning shameless by using 9/11 victims as a prop for his argument.

Chloe
Not the best?

That's very mild criticism of someone you at least respect as a serious candidate.

Ok

Mac-7
08-06-2015, 08:40 PM
Well she is a more serious candidate in my opinion but Donald Trump as a candidate is pure entertainment. He may bring up points that create debate but him as president vs him as a conversation starter are two different things. He would find a way to divide and anger every group and type of American by the end of his first term with his mouth and impulsive attitude.

Hillary thinks data security involves posting US Marshals outside her house to keep the Russian and Chinese hackers out.

The Xl
08-06-2015, 08:40 PM
Honest sure, but I don't think it's sincere at all. Just because he is different and creates a lot of one liners may be good for a month or two and be all refreshing and stuff but the man would represent all of us in the White House. I'd be embarrassed and scared for our country if he were in charge. I think he would think he is the king of America.
What could he possibly do worse than another Bush or Clinton? Or the rest of the bought psychos, for that matter?

The Xl
08-06-2015, 08:41 PM
Dayum, son, Rand may just earn my vote back. He's killing Christie.

Christie's just turning shameless by using 9/11 victims as a prop for his argument.

Rand would easily have my vote had he not flip flopped all over the place.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 08:41 PM
Trump will support his own interests, but is he supporting the general interests that run the country? I don't know. Theoretically, he doesn't need to, he's fabulously wealthy and doesn't need their money. That makes him better than the rest of the lot who are puppets.

Right, my point is you make Trump President, and he'll pursue his own interests. What difference is there in having a puppet pursue his interests or him pursuing his interests personally? Either way, his interests are still being pursued.

To quote Hillary, what difference does it make?

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 08:42 PM
Rand would easily have my vote had he not flip flopped all over the place.

Frankly, as long he sticks to his positions on civil liberties, he could turn into Satan on the rest and he'll still be better than the rest.

Chloe
08-06-2015, 08:42 PM
What could he possibly do worse than another Bush or Clinton? Or the rest of the bought psychos, for that matter?

All I'm saying is that just because he makes you laugh with his bluntness and makes people squirm doesn't make him a good person to have running this country. He says some really vile things.

Mac-7
08-06-2015, 08:44 PM
Right, my point is you make Trump President, and he'll pursue his own interests. What difference is there in having a puppet pursue his interests or him pursuing his interests personally? Either way, his interests are still being pursued.

You are so cynical that I don't see you voting for anyone because none of them walk on water.

Chloe
08-06-2015, 08:44 PM
Hillary thinks data security involves posting US Marshals outside her house to keep the Russian and Chinese hackers out.

Why do you keep wanting to talk about Hillary with me? I'm registered Green Party and will most likely vote for Jill Stein if she runs again.

The Xl
08-06-2015, 08:45 PM

If he could put a dent in their armor, the final blow could eventually be given. Trump can only be pres for 8 years. These guys have ruler forever

That's the way I see it anyhow.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 08:45 PM
You are so cynical that I don't see you voting for anyone because none of them walk on water.

I actually plan to vote for Bernie Sanders, Rand Paul, or John Kasich. Ben Carson might earn my vote at the rate he's going.

The rest can take a flying fuck through a rolling donut, to quote Captain Obvious.

The Xl
08-06-2015, 08:46 PM
All I'm saying is that just because he makes you laugh with his bluntness and makes people squirm doesn't make him a good person to have running this country. He says some really vile things.
To me, being vile or an ass isn't as bad as bailing out banks and waging needless wars with a smile on your face.

Green Arrow
If he could put a dent in their armor, the final blow could eventually be given. Trump can only be pres for 8 years. These guys have ruler forever

That's the way I see it anyhow.

Trump could actually be more damaging. If Trump wins the nomination, it will tell the special interests that they don't need to buy candidates, they can be the candidates. It wouldn't dent their armor, it would polish it.

Mac-7
Why do you keep wanting to talk about Hillary with me? I'm registered Green Party and will most likely vote for Jill Stein if she runs again.

Probably because I don't give a crap about the Green Party or who they run.

Chloe
08-06-2015, 08:47 PM
Probably because I don't give a crap about the Green Party or who they run.

Sooo leave me alone then

Mac-7
08-06-2015, 08:48 PM
I actually plan to vote for Bernie Sanders, Rand Paul, or John Kasich. Ben Carson might earn my vote at the rate he's going.

The rest can take a flying $#@! through a rolling donut, to quote @Captain Obvious (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=3).

So if you don't get your way you will take your football and go home.

That makes you almost worse than the democrats in my opinion.

The Xl
08-06-2015, 08:49 PM
Trump could actually be more damaging. If Trump wins the nomination, it will tell the special interests that they don't need to buy candidates, they can be the candidates. It wouldn't dent their armor, it would polish it.

He's at odds with the power structure on many issues. Like what he just stated on healthcare.

He's got an ego, but I'm not convinced he's evil like the power structure. Not yet anyway.

Mac-7
08-06-2015, 08:49 PM
Sooo leave me alone then

Ok.

Stop attacking Trump.

Chloe
08-06-2015, 08:51 PM
Ok.

Stop attacking Trump.

He is debating tonight and so I'm commenting. Hillary is not debating tonight and neither is Jill Stein.

Mac-7
08-06-2015, 08:53 PM
He is debating tonight and so I'm commenting. Hillary is not debating tonight and neither is Jill Stein.

But you are not voting republican.

so if you can bash repubs that you don't like I can bash the fringe candidate that you support.

Or Hillary who I suspect is somewhere on your acceptable list.

Chloe
08-06-2015, 08:54 PM
But you are not voting republican.

so if you can bash repubs that you don't like I can bash the fringe candidate that you support.

Or Hillary who I suspect is somewhere on your acceptable list.

You're a ridiculous person

Mac-7
08-06-2015, 08:56 PM
You're a ridiculous person

I'm nothing like the liberal professors who have been teaching you what to think.

Mister D
08-06-2015, 08:56 PM

That's tonight?

Mister D
08-06-2015, 08:58 PM
These debates are kind pointless. 10 candidates? This is sound bite stuff. Nothing more. And that's no reflection on the candidates. What else is possible? For substantive debate it would take all day.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 09:01 PM
So if you don't get your way you will take your football and go home.

That makes you almost worse than the democrats in my opinion.

I don't give a shit what you think of it, Mac. I don't answer to you. I answer to G-d, and G-d has demanded that I shun evil. So I will shun evil.

Chloe
08-06-2015, 09:02 PM
I'm nothing like the liberal professors who have been teaching you what to think.

Trump is an egotistical and misogynistic blowhard that is only going to hurt your party.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 09:04 PM
These debates are kind pointless. 10 candidates? This is sound bite stuff. Nothing more. And that's no reflection on the candidates. What else is possible? For substantive debate it would take all day.

Actually, Ben Carson is laying out some serious policy, he's not really dropping sound bite stuff. Kasich has been pretty good about that, too.

Everybody else though, totally sound bites.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 09:05 PM
Trump is an egotistical and misogynistic blowhard that is only going to hurt your party.

Just ignore him. He's a troll, same as Trump.

Mac-7
08-06-2015, 09:05 PM
I don't give a $#@! what you think of it, Mac. I don't answer to you. I answer to G-d, and G-d has demanded that I shun evil. So I will shun evil.

So you think every republican except kasich and Rand paul are evil?

if all the real republicans were as inflexible as you are kasich or Paul would only get 20% of the vote and democrats would win every time.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 09:06 PM
So you think every republican except kasich and Rand paul are evil?

No. I don't think any of them are evil.

However, most of them support evil.

Mac-7
08-06-2015, 09:06 PM

And that bothers a Green Party voter how?

Mac-7
08-06-2015, 09:07 PM
No. I don't think any of them are evil.

However, most of them support evil.

Uh huh.

Thats tap dancing.

The Xl
He's where we attack the poor and those who paid into the system while ignoring the massive corporate entitlements that exist.

Mister D

Such use robs the term of meaning, IMHO.

Chloe
08-06-2015, 09:08 PM
And that bothers a Green Party voter how?

Because at this moment he is leading in the polls for a major political party. It should concern Americans of which I am one.

Mac-7
08-06-2015, 09:09 PM
He's where we attack the poor and those who paid into the system where ignoring the massive corporate entitlements that exist.

Define "corporate entitlement."

The Xl
08-06-2015, 09:09 PM
Because at this moment he is leading in the polls for a major political party. It should concern Americans of which I am one.

I'd get this concern if we had other viable politicians. We do not.

Mac-7
08-06-2015, 09:10 PM

Then you should vote for Hillary not a fringe candidate with no chance to win.

The Xl
Define "corporate entitlement."
Subsidizes, loopholes, bailouts, etc.

Chloe
I'd get this concern if we had other viable politicians. We do not.

Well Id say Dr. Jill Stein but I don't think you'd be interested :)

Chloe
08-06-2015, 09:11 PM
Then you should vote for Hillary not a fringe candidate with no chance to win.

No thanks I'll vote for the candidate that best represents my views and not someone that makes me laugh or can beat someone else that I don't like

The Xl
08-06-2015, 09:12 PM
Well Id say Dr. Jill Stein but I don't think you'd be interested :)

I'd vote for Stein or Saunders over any of the bought republicans or democrats because, like Trump, I don't think they're bought.

Bob
08-06-2015, 09:13 PM

She will run. I heard her chatting on CSPAN

Mister D
08-06-2015, 09:13 PM
I'd vote for Stein or Saunders over any of the bought republicans or democrats because, like Trump, I don't think they're bought.

How does one buy Trump? lol Like him or hate you know he's not bought.

The Xl
08-06-2015, 09:15 PM
How does one buy Trump? lol Like him or hate you know he's not bought.

That's why I'm supporting him as of now.

Mac-7
08-06-2015, 09:16 PM
Subsidizes, loopholes, bailouts, etc.

I agree that income redistribution from one taxpayer to another is wrong.

So subsidies to individuals or companies is wrong.

If everyone agrees we should end corporate and personal welfare.

Ethereal
08-06-2015, 09:18 PM

A serious candidate? What's "serious" about a person who talks in a fake southern accent, has a sexual predator as a husband, and defended a child rapist who she knew was guilty?

Mister D
08-06-2015, 09:19 PM
That's why I'm supporting him as of now.

I have to admit I do like some of what he has to say and the fact that he can just say what he wants is rather appealing as well. Right now they are in "Trump's a racist" mode so you know he's also feared. Another plus, IMO.

That said, he has an ego the size of the Jupiter.

Mac-7

Again, with the exception of a few 1%ers like Chloe most liberals will vote democrat.

and that means any democrat on the ticket.

But it appears that unLiberals are going to split their vote again.

The Xl
Republicans have their heads so far up Israel and the military industrial complexs ass. It's disgraceful.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 09:20 PM
Uh huh.

Thats tap dancing.

Not really.

The Xl
08-06-2015, 09:21 PM
Again, with the exception of a few 1%ers like Chloe most liberals will vote democrat.

and that means any democrat on the ticket.

But it appears that unLiberals are going to split their vote again.

I'm voting for someone who isn't bought and will govern for the interests of the country and our people. Stein, Saunders and Trump are all very different, but they aren't bought. I don't care about the D vs R shit, it's meaningless.

Mac-7
08-06-2015, 09:22 PM
Republicans have their heads so far up Israel and the military industrial complexs ass. It's disgraceful.

The real world is full of war.

Repubs want our soldiers to have better weapons than any other country on earth.

The Xl
I have to admit I do like some of what he has to say and the fact that he can just say what he wants is rather appealing as well. Right now they are in "Trump's a racist" mode so you know he's also feared. Another plus, IMO.

That said, he has an ego the size of the Jupiter.

Even Fox is attacking him because he's not subservient to them. That's how you know he's at least worth a look

Mister D

Neoconservativism is a largely Jewish phenomenon particular in terms of its origins and of its leading exponents today. Of course you're not supposed to say that...

The Xl
08-06-2015, 09:23 PM
The real world is full of war.

Repubs want our soldiers to have better weapons than any other country on earth.

No, they work for the interests who own them who want to start wars so they can reap the benefits. They're psychos

Mister D
08-06-2015, 09:23 PM
Even Fox is attacking him because he's not subservient to them. That's how you know he's at least worth a look

They went after Ron Paul too. I remember thinking that was despicable.

The Xl
08-06-2015, 09:25 PM
Neoconservativism is a largely Jewish phenomenon particular in terms of its origins and of its leading exponents today. Of course you're not supposed to say that...

Right, because neoconservativism benefits their interests.

Mac-7
I'm voting for someone who isn't bought and will govern for the interests of the country and our people. Stein, Saunders and Trump are all very different, but they aren't bought. I don't care about the D vs R $#@!, it's meaningless.

In that case I hope trump wins the nomination.

But two other unLiberals will not vote repub if it means trump so with this crowd its one step forward and two steps back.

Green Arrow
Why is Trump's ability to be bought even relevant? You can't buy the buyer. That doesn't make the buyer a good guy.

The Xl
08-06-2015, 09:26 PM
They went after Ron Paul too. I remember thinking that was despicable.
Because he wasn't bought by them. And it was despicable.

Mac-7
08-06-2015, 09:26 PM
No, they work for the interests who own them who want to start wars so they can reap the benefits. They're psychos

I think wars will start whether we like it or not so lets at least make sure we are the best prepared.

The Xl
08-06-2015, 09:27 PM
Why is Trump's ability to be bought even relevant? You can't buy the buyer. That doesn't make the buyer a good guy.

Because he doesn't necessarily need to support the interests who have killed the country, like the military industrial complex. Starve the beast, Trump can't be pres more than 8 years.

The Xl
08-06-2015, 09:28 PM
I think wars will start whether we like it or not so lets at least make sure we are the best prepared.

The wars start largely due to the policies neocons push to subsidize the industries that own them.

Mister D
08-06-2015, 09:30 PM
Right, because neoconservativism benefits their interests.

Naturally. It originated among Jewish intellectuals.

Mac-7
08-06-2015, 09:30 PM
The wars start largely due to the policies neocons push to subsidize the industries that own them.

One is not connected to the other.

George Bush is a moron.

But arming American soldiers with 2nd rate weapons is not going to stop war.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 09:31 PM
Because he doesn't necessarily need to support the interests who have killed the country, like the military industrial complex. Starve the beast, Trump can't be pres more than 8 years.

He doesn't serve them because he IS them.

How is this not clear? It seems incredibly simple to me.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 09:33 PM
I think it's also worth noting that the state of Israel is run by racial Jews rather than religious Jews. Netanyahu, for example, is an atheist.

I'm not saying there would be a difference if it was led by religious Jews, I'm just saying take G-d out of the equation and your motivations become about the self and your own interests.

The Xl
08-06-2015, 09:34 PM
He doesn't serve them because he IS them.

How is this not clear? It seems incredibly simple to me.

Is he the military industrial complex? Is he a big bank? Because that's what's fucked the country, specific special interests. Trump is looking to enrich his bottom line, but will he go further than that? I don't know yet.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 09:38 PM
Is he the military industrial complex? Is he a big bank? Because that's what's fucked the country, specific special interests. Trump is looking to enrich his bottom line, but will he go further than that? I don't know yet.

No, he's not, but he still benefits from the same stuff they do. Their interests are his even if they aren't in the same industry.

I'm willing to guarantee that Trump is benefiting in some way from our military adventurism. It's hard to look that up right now because you get a bunch of bullshit about what he said about McCain and the "war on women," but I'd bet he does benefit from it. And his foreign policy positions are identical to the bought and sold politicians, so again, what difference does it make?

The Xl
08-06-2015, 09:41 PM
No, he's not, but he still benefits from the same stuff they do. Their interests are his even if they aren't in the same industry.

I'm willing to guarantee that Trump is benefiting in some way from our military adventurism. It's hard to look that up right now because you get a bunch of bullshit about what he said about McCain and the "war on women," but I'd bet he does benefit from it. And his foreign policy positions are identical to the bought and sold politicians, so again, what difference does it make?

You might be right. And believe you me, I'm keeping a close eye on it. But for now, in these early preliminary stages, I'm leaning towards him.

His fp concerns me, admittedly.I don't like it at all. I need to hear the nuances of it further.

The Xl
08-06-2015, 09:42 PM
Everyone of these clowns needs to remove the Israeli cock from their mouths. I've heard Israel namedropped way too many fucking times.

Mister D
08-06-2015, 09:42 PM
I think it's also worth noting that the state of Israel is run by racial Jews rather than religious Jews. Netanyahu, for example, is an atheist.

I'm not saying there would be a difference if it was led by religious Jews, I'm just saying take G-d out of the equation and your motivations become about the self and your own interests.

I'm well aware. They overlap to some extent but Jewish interests are more ethnic/racial than they are religious.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 09:43 PM
Never gonna happen. The older side of the GOP base (which is the vast majority of the GOP base right now) is almost more pro-Israel than they are pro-America. Until that dynamic changes, the GOP will never nominate someone that isn't sickeningly pro-Israel.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 09:43 PM
I'm well aware. They overlap to some extent but Jewish interests are more ethnic/racial than they are religious.

I agree with that.

The Xl
08-06-2015, 09:45 PM
Israel Israel Israel Israel Israel Israel Israel Israel Israel Israel Israel Israel Israel Israel Israel Israel Israel Israel Israel Israel

Utterly sickening.

Mister D
08-06-2015, 09:45 PM

I'm willing to guarantee that Trump is benefiting in some way from our military adventurism. It's hard to look that up right now because you get a bunch of bull$#@! about what he said about McCain and the "war on women," but I'd bet he does benefit from it. And his foreign policy positions are identical to the bought and sold politicians, so again, what difference does it make?

Not sure if that's fair though. Trump has his hand in so many pots simply by virtue of his wealth that you can find tacit "support" for virtually anything if you look hard enough.

Mac-7
08-06-2015, 09:48 PM
My impression of the republican debates is that all of the candidates would be better than obumer or Hillary.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 09:48 PM
Not sure if that's fair though. Trump has his hand in so many pots simply by virtue of his wealth that you can find tacit "support" for virtually anything if you look hard enough.

After he just stood there on that stage and said he gave to people like Hillary expecting favors and getting favors, I highly doubt he just accidentally ended up profiting off our foreign adventurism.

Maybe he did. But I don't find it a likely outcome.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 09:49 PM
My impression of the republican debates is that all of the candidates would be better than obumer or Hillary.

We know, Mac. Like Cigar, you're incapable of thinking beyond the color of the lever you blindly pull, not even bothering to wipe the drool from the corner of your mouth.

The Xl

I'm shocked you think that.

Fact is, they've all been fucking horrendous outside of Trump and Rand in spurts

The Xl
We know, Mac. Like Cigar, you're incapable of thinking beyond the color of the lever you blindly pull, not even bothering to wipe the drool from the corner of your mouth.

This.

Mac-7
08-06-2015, 09:50 PM
I agree with that.

The Jews are God's chosen people and Israel is their land.

The Xl
08-06-2015, 09:50 PM
God talks to these nukkas. Tells them to blow Israel.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 09:51 PM

Fact is, they've all been fucking horrendous outside of Trump and Rand in spurts

I dunno, Ben Carson still strikes me as a pretty decent option.

The debate was pretty exciting for the first hour. Then it got predictable and boring.

The Xl
08-06-2015, 09:51 PM

Oh Jesus Christ....

Mac-7
08-06-2015, 09:52 PM

Fact is, they've all been $#@!ing horrendous outside of Trump and Rand in spurts

I'm not so high on Rand Paul but if he wins the election I think he would be a good president.

But so would almost all of the other candidates in their own different ways.

Green Arrow
You know, I have to wonder how many of these guys actually believe in G-d and follow the religion they claim. When I hear Carson, Kasich, Huckabee, and Walker talk about their religious beliefs, they seem to actually believe it. The rest of them just seem to be acting it.

I dunno, that's just the vibe I get.

The Xl
I dunno, Ben Carson still strikes me as a pretty decent option.

The debate was pretty exciting for the first hour. Then it got predictable and boring.

Carson is probably the smartest and most well spoken guy out there but nothing he said struck me as particularly profound. I think he also has some Israeli cum on his mouth like the rest of these clowns

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 09:54 PM
Carson is probably the smartest and most well spoken guy out there but nothing he said struck me as particularly profound. I think he also has some Israeli cum on his mouth like the rest of these clowns

He comes across as pro-Israel, but I don't think he's violently pro-Israel like some of the rest. He seems to not really care all that much about that issue, it's almost an off-hand comment for him. The rest of them are practically trampling each other to look more pro-Israel than the rest.

Kasich seems the same as Carson in that regard. Neither of them seem to give much of a shit, they're just like, "Oh, sure, pro-Israel, yeah. Now back to what we're going to do for America."

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 09:56 PM

Everyone who follows G-d becomes His chosen, Jewish or otherwise. The Jews were only considered G-d's chosen in the Bible because they were the only people who followed Him.

If you take the stories literally, anyway.

Mac-7
08-06-2015, 09:56 PM

I hope you continue to support Trump.

but I wonder why some people think that mentioning homo sex makes them sound cool.

The Xl
08-06-2015, 09:57 PM
He comes across as pro-Israel, but I don't think he's violently pro-Israel like some of the rest. He seems to not really care all that much about that issue, it's almost an off-hand comment for him. The rest of them are practically trampling each other to look more pro-Israel than the rest.

Kasich seems the same as Carson in that regard. Neither of them seem to give much of a shit, they're just like, "Oh, sure, pro-Israel, yeah. Now back to what we're going to do for America."

Per your observation, I'm going to have to keep an eye on those to on the issue of foreign policy.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 10:09 PM
Per your observation, I'm going to have to keep an eye on those to on the issue of foreign policy.

As will I.

Of course, I also acknowledge that in the grand scheme of things, our votes are useless regardless.

The Xl
08-06-2015, 10:09 PM
As will I.

Of course, I also acknowledge that in the grand scheme of things, our votes are useless regardless.

That's sadly the truth.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 10:36 PM
That's sadly the truth.

I kinda hope Tennessee, Texas, and other southern states follow through with their plan to move their primaries up to January. It would make at least my primary vote mean something.

Not for the GOP primary, though. I can only vote in one primary and I feel more necessity in helping Bernie beat Hillary than in helping Carson, Kasich, or Paul beat the rest of the pack.

Green Arrow
08-06-2015, 10:42 PM
Anyway, here's my post-debate breakdown:

Who did good:

- Ben Carson
- Marco Rubio
- Mike Huckabee

Who did okay:

- John Kasich
- Rand Paul
- Scott Walker
- Ted Cruz
- Chris Christie

Who sucked:

- Donald Trump
- Jeb Bush

I expect the poll numbers of Carson, Rubio, Huckabee, Kasich, Paul, Walker, and Cruz to go up. Christie will probably stagnate. Trump and Jeb will most likely drop in the polls.

birddog
08-06-2015, 11:26 PM

Who did good:

- Ben Carson
- Marco Rubio
- Mike Huckabee

Who did okay:

- John Kasich
- Rand Paul
- Scott Walker
- Ted Cruz
- Chris Christie

Who sucked:

- Donald Trump
- Jeb Bush

I expect the poll numbers of Carson, Rubio, Huckabee, Kasich, Paul, Walker, and Cruz to go up. Christie will probably stagnate. Trump and Jeb will most likely drop in the polls.

Pretty good assessment, and we will see. :smiley:

Redrose
08-07-2015, 01:06 AM
Rubio is defending his lack of a resume by saying that a resume isn't important.

Lack of a resume didn't hurt Obama.

Redrose
08-07-2015, 01:09 AM

Who did good:

- Ben Carson
- Marco Rubio
- Mike Huckabee

Who did okay:

- John Kasich
- Rand Paul
- Scott Walker
- Ted Cruz
- Chris Christie

Who sucked:

- Donald Trump
- Jeb Bush

I agree with just about all of that.

Trump hurt himself IMO. I think Megen Kelly's question about calling women names and the comment 'she looks better on her knees' really irked Trump, his face showed his anger, and it set the tone for him for the rest of the debate. He's not one who is used to being blindsided.

kilgram
08-07-2015, 01:34 AM
Always people want more :)

But maybe he has to assure his interests and being the President has the opportunity to get more profits.

donttread
08-07-2015, 04:15 AM
Calm down folks , 15 months to go . Pace yourselves

Mac-7
08-07-2015, 06:01 AM
Trump hit a sour note with the 3rd party question.

He was playing defense the rest of the night.

I think the three stooges at Fox re asserted the importance of the journalism class with anonymous way they handled Trump.

Peter1469
08-07-2015, 06:04 AM
Trump should have answered that he knows how to negotiate, unlike Obama. Don't show everyone your cards.

Venus
08-07-2015, 07:28 AM

Obama is the proof that a resume is important.

Mac-7
08-07-2015, 07:31 AM

Or in Hillary's case the resume tells us why she is not qualified to be president.

Ransom
08-07-2015, 07:50 AM
Someone finally told Meagan Kelly to shut up.

Ransom
08-07-2015, 07:52 AM

Who did good:

- Ben Carson
- Marco Rubio
- Mike Huckabee

Who did okay:

- John Kasich
- Rand Paul
- Scott Walker
- Ted Cruz
- Chris Christie

Who sucked:

- Donald Trump
- Jeb Bush

But a TV assessment all the same. I'd like you to elaborate here, GA, what in their policies made them...good to sorta good to sucking in your opinion? Was it about their tone, hair, makeup, or who 'looked' Presidential? Or was it policy, substance? What did Carson or Rubio comment on that you found most attractive to rate them 'done good?'

I can't wait for this one.

Green Arrow
08-07-2015, 08:07 AM
But a TV assessment all the same. I'd like you to elaborate here, GA, what in their policies made them...good to sorta good to sucking in your opinion? Was it about their tone, hair, makeup, or who 'looked' Presidential? Or was it policy, substance? What did Carson or Rubio comment on that you found most attractive to rate them 'done good?'

I can't wait for this one.

My assessment is purely based on how the majority of voters will likely respond to each candidate's debate performance. Hardly any of them discussed actual specific policy, and almost none of them have policy pages on their websites. So on policy, Ben Carson gets the win because Ben Carson is the only one that laid out clear policy.

The vast majority of voters don't care about that, though. They just care about who looked and sounded good.

PolWatch
08-07-2015, 08:16 AM
I was impressed with Dr. Carson....he was the only person there who actually answered the questions. The others just provided more sound bytes of their campaign speeches. Dr. Carson is intelligent & thoughtful....probably why he stood out so strongly last night. Those traits don't do well when confronted with a group interested in getting as many words in as possible.

Ransom
08-07-2015, 08:40 AM
My assessment is purely based on how the majority of voters will likely respond to each candidate's debate performance. Hardly any of them discussed actual specific policy, and almost none of them have policy pages on their websites. So on policy, Ben Carson gets the win because Ben Carson is the only one that laid out clear policy.

The vast majority of voters don't care about that, though. They just care about who looked and sounded good.

Tell me what you liked about Carson's clearly laid out policies, GA.

Ransom
08-07-2015, 08:41 AM
I was impressed with Dr. Carson....he was the only person there who actually answered the questions. The others just provided more sound bytes of their campaign speeches. Dr. Carson is intelligent & thoughtful....probably why he stood out so strongly last night. Those traits don't do well when confronted with a group interested in getting as many words in as possible.

It's your every once in a great while posts like these that give me some hope where you're concerned, PolWatch.

Ransom
08-07-2015, 08:42 AM
What did you like about Carson's clearly defined policies, PolWatch?

Cigar
08-07-2015, 08:46 AM
I kinda feel sorry for Paul, looks like the only way he could get into the debate is if he just jumped right in.

Carson looked out of place and looked like he couldn't wait to be around adults again.

Unfortunately, Kasich was the only Adult, but he was a mile away from Carson on the stage.

I thought Rubio and Christie did a good Job.

Green Arrow
08-07-2015, 08:47 AM
Tell me what you liked about Carson's clearly laid out policies, GA.

I like his tax plan. I like his replacement for Obamacare, health savings plans.

The Xl
08-07-2015, 09:26 AM

That'd be true if the people who he ran against(McCain, Romney) and the people who preceded him(Clinton, Bush) didn't have resumes. But they did, and they all sucked major ass.

This isn't a resume problem, this is an issue of our elected officials not working for the best interests of the citizens of this country.

Ransom
08-07-2015, 09:40 AM
I like his tax plan. I like his replacement for Obamacare, health savings plans.

:shocked:

birddog
08-07-2015, 09:53 AM
The candidates needed to express campaign rhetoric because many in the audience had not heard it like many of us have. Carson did do a good job, so did others.

I thought Huckabee seemed the most presidential, and acted like an adult.

Ethereal
08-07-2015, 12:54 PM

:rollseyes:

PolWatch
08-07-2015, 01:19 PM
What did you like about Carson's clearly defined policies, PolWatch?

I like his view on changing the tax structure. We would all like no tax but that is not feasible. We need funds to operate as a nation. Flat tax, no deductions, etc. is the only fair method to provide funds in a way that doesn't impact one economic group more than the other. Everyone has the same basic requirements for survival and the fair tax based on purchase would hit the lower economic levels harder.

I could overlook his lack of knowledge on foreign matters because (as he pointed out) people can learn. I doubt the others have more knowledge, they just have people on staff to brief them so it appears they know what they are talking about. Dr. Carson was honestly responding from HIS knowledge...honesty in politicians is a severe handicap.

If he will promise to provide at least one lobotomy a week to a member of Congress, I might vote for him.

Peter1469
08-07-2015, 02:56 PM
I like the FAIR tax over the flat tax. Under the FAIR tax poor people could buy used and largely avoid taxes if they were smart.

PolWatch
08-07-2015, 03:22 PM
I like the FAIR tax over the flat tax. Under the FAIR tax poor people could buy used and largely avoid taxes if they were smart.

Sounds good. The reality with buying when poor is that buying used usually means you need cash. Being smart is not the restriction here....its the availability of cash. I don't think most poor would have cash...which explains why major purchases are usually credit purchases. If my washer breaks now, I look for the best buy on the item I want. If my choices are limited to those who would give me credit, I am restricted in choice. FYI: experience speaking here

Mac-7
08-07-2015, 04:28 PM

And that monthly government check they receive will make them even more dependent on the government.

Thats why I prefer the flat tax.