PDA

View Full Version : Rebecca Zahau suicide likely tied to boy's injuries, officials say

Conley
09-03-2011, 06:07 PM
I think MMC and I were following this story, along with some other folks. A really bizarre case here in San Diego, this has been ruled a suicide but not everyone is buying it:

Rebecca Zahau, the girlfriend of pharmaceutical executive Jonah Shacknai who committed suicide at his Coronado mansion, was distraught over injuries his son suffered in her care and that is apparently why she decided to hang herself, authorities said Friday.

Zahau's nude body was found in the courtyard of the historic Spreckels mansion on Ocean Boulevard on the morning of July 13. Her hands and feet had been loosely tied, and a noose was around her neck and tied to a second-story balcony, officials said.

Although how she killed herself may seem unusual, it is not unprecedented and there is no evidence that there was foul play, San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore said at a Friday morning news conference.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/09/rebecca-zahaus-suicide-likely-triggered-by-boys-injuries-authorities-say.html

Conley
09-03-2011, 06:09 PM
The boy's death is very suspicious as well, but supposedly he just fell down a flight of stairs somehow.

MMC
09-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Yeah, I think the husband was involved someway. >:(

Conley
09-04-2011, 08:35 AM
I don't guess we'll ever learn the truth. I feel the worst for the kid. Apparently if what they say is true whatever happened between the kid and the girlfriend was what made her feel guilty enough to bind herself and then throw herself out the window. Still it seems kind of hard to tie yourself up and then put a noose on and then jump out of a window. Ghastly.

MMC
09-04-2011, 09:02 AM
I don't guess we'll ever learn the truth. I feel the worst for the kid. Apparently if what they say is true whatever happened between the kid and the girlfriend was what made her feel guilty enough to bind herself and then throw herself out the window. Still it seems kind of hard to tie yourself up and then put a noose on and then jump out of a window. Ghastly.

Just how does she tie her hands behind her bank and hang herself? ;)

Mister D
09-04-2011, 09:08 AM

I've done it a hundred times. I may do it this weekend again.

MMC
09-04-2011, 09:12 AM
How many times I got to tell ya stop playing with those girls in leather with whips.....thats not being conservative. ;) :D

Mister D
09-04-2011, 09:16 AM
How many times I got to tell ya stop playing with those girls in leather with whips.....thats not being conservative. ;) :D

Every good conservative needs a vice. ;D ;)

MMC
09-04-2011, 09:18 AM

Oh, I thought brow beating liberals was a vice. :D ;D

Mister D
09-04-2011, 09:25 AM

That's more like a public service. ;D

MMC
09-04-2011, 09:27 AM

That's more like a public service. ;D

That required a double bump! 8) :D ;D

Conley
09-04-2011, 09:53 AM

:rofl:

MMC
09-04-2011, 10:06 AM

:rofl:

Yeah yeah yeah, I been up all nite workin. >:( ;D