PDA

View Full Version : Racists drive Sanders off stage

Peter1469
08-08-2015, 09:41 PM
Racists drive Sanders off stage (http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/08/bernie-sanders-leaves-seattle-stage-after-event-disrupted-by-black-lives-matter-protesters/)

The hard left is having a good time calling the GOP candidates all sorts of names. Meanwhile their own party is being overly influenced by one of its core victim groups- black racists who appear to be off the reservation.

A planned speech in Seattle by presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders celebrating the anniversary of Social Security and Medicare was scuttled Saturday after protesters from a Black Lives Matter chapter took the stage and demanded that the crowd hold Sanders “accountable” for not doing enough, in their view, to address police brutality and other issues on the group’s agenda.

Sanders, who has emerged as the leading alternative to Hillary Rodham Clinton for the Democratic nomination, was the final speaker scheduled on a long program. Shortly after the senator from Vermont started speaking, a small group of protesters took the microphone, shared a series of local grievances with the crowd, including school disparities and gentrification in Seattle, and then asked for a period of silence to commemorate the one-year anniversary of Michael Brown being shot and killed during a confrontation with a police officer in Ferguson, Mo.

Of course I don't expect consistency from the hard left, which is why I am not surprised these black racists are not doing the same stuff to Hillary. I suspect she is behind it somehow.

After several minutes of frantic conversations, Sanders left the stage and greeted people in the large crowd who had turned out to see him. Many chanted his name.

The tense scene, which was streamed live by a Seattle television station, was reminiscent of one July 18 in Phoenix, when a larger group of Black Lives Matter activists disrupted a Democratic presidential forum at the liberal Netroots Nation gathering that featured both Sanders and former Maryland governor Martin O’Malley.

The democrats need to control their victim groups or they risk taking the clown car title away from the GOP.

Dr. Who
08-08-2015, 09:48 PM
It sounds like Sanders was unable to respond because of excessive noise and chose to leave. It's a pity, since he is one candidate that would have actually spoken to their concerns.

Calypso Jones
08-08-2015, 09:56 PM
Thank You Seattle for being the most progressive city on the planet.

yeah...thanks. LoLoLoLoL

Calypso Jones
08-08-2015, 10:14 PM
wactivists, uninvited, demand the stage or they will shut the sanders event down.'

Bernie fades to background, event organizer says you can have the stage after sanders speaks. no...they want it now or they'll shut. it. down. So the event organizer says okay you've shut it down....what? you just gave them their way, didn't you, Mr. Progressive Seattle.

This is lawlessness. You let the cops arrest them for disturbing the peace at your event. Oh? you've castrated your police force? oh..well...too bad. you're gonna see more of this then. This is what happens when you are tolerant of screaming imbeciles and treat them as if they had a valid point. You get lawlessness, and disorder, and chaos, and anarchy.

Pat yourselves on the back. Give yourself a big rousing cheer.

Peter1469
08-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Democratic clown car with a strong dose of hyper racism.

Mister D
08-08-2015, 10:18 PM
Racists drive Sanders off stage (http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/08/bernie-sanders-leaves-seattle-stage-after-event-disrupted-by-black-lives-matter-protesters/)

The hard left is having a good time calling the GOP candidates all sorts of names. Meanwhile their own party is being overly influenced by one of its core victim groups- black racists who appear to be off the reservation.

Of course I don't expect consistency from the hard left, which is why I am not surprised these black racists are not doing the same stuff to Hillary. I suspect she is behind it somehow.

The democrats need to control their victim groups or they risk taking the clown car title away from the GOP.

The hard left is a very loosely aligned coalition. I must say they are far more politically disciplined than the phony right but, that said, it's a powder keg. The reality is that they have little in comon save for their grievances whether real or imagined. Quite frankly, I think Sanders is getting what he deserves.

Peter1469
08-08-2015, 10:21 PM
The hard left is a very loosely aligned coalition. I must say they are far more politically disciplined than the phony right but, that said, it's a powder keg. The reality is that they have little in comon save for their grievances whether real or imagined. Quite frankly, I think Sanders is getting what he deserves.

The democratic party is nothing except a collection of victim groups. And those victim groups don't share much other than their perceived status as victims.

Mister D
08-08-2015, 10:23 PM
The democratic party is nothing except a collection of victim groups. And those victim groups don't share much other than their perceived status as victims.

That's true. It really isn't.

The Xl
08-08-2015, 10:50 PM
There is a hit on all candidates that have support that aren't bought.

Green Arrow
08-08-2015, 11:03 PM
I suspect both Trump and actions like this are organized by Hillary to pretty much guarantee her the nomination and the presidency.

Calypso Jones
08-08-2015, 11:04 PM
one thing all factions of the left have is that they're willing to break the law to win. They're willing to lie, they're willing deal dishonestly with whomever or whatever it takes. They are aligned in their hatred of anyone who stands in their way. Really, I think they are a hairbredth away from doing violence to further their agenda. Actually they are there but no one will pin the deeds so far on them.

AeonPax
08-08-2015, 11:53 PM
It sounds like Sanders was unable to respond because of excessive noise and chose to leave. It's a pity, since he is one candidate that would have actually spoken to their concerns.
`
As of late, the "Blacklivesmatter" group seems to be working extra hard at alienating those people likely to support it. While I will continue to support efforts by the black community, working to change police tactics and bring about justice, I am no longer inclined to support Blm.

Dr. Who
08-08-2015, 11:57 PM
one thing all factions of the left have is that they're willing to break the law to win. They're willing to lie, they're willing deal dishonestly with whomever or whatever it takes. They are aligned in their hatred of anyone who stands in their way. Really, I think they are a hairbredth away from doing violence to further their agenda. Actually they are there but no one will pin the deeds so far on them.
Bollocks. Political intrigue is not confined to one party or another, it is down to what the various camps are willing to do to undermine the opposition. The Dems and Reps are little different from each other, except in terms of what they run on in the election. Behind the scenes they are all doing the work of the corporations. It's really about getting elected and ensuring their futures as millionaires. Few running for the coveted title of President are really concerned with actual change, and of those, if one makes it to the White House, will be soon disabused of their idealism.

JDubya
08-09-2015, 12:05 AM

While the republican party is nothing except a collection of hate groups. And those hate groups don't share much other than their race & anger at the world over their frustration & dissatisfaction with the world & their lives.

JDubya
08-09-2015, 12:08 AM

News flash: One can truthfully say the exact same things about all factions of the right.

Peter1469
08-09-2015, 04:47 AM
While the republican party is nothing except a collection of hate groups. And those hate groups don't share much other than their race & anger at the world over their frustration & dissatisfaction with the world & their lives.

A silly attempt at humor?

The GOP is made up of social cons, fiscal cons, neocons, paleocons, and the blue bloods.

Try again..., or actually don't.

Mac-7
08-09-2015, 06:00 AM
It may not matter who the two (or more) political parties nominate.

There is still time for real chaos to break out in the hood so the black fuhrer can declare martial law and promote himself to Dear Leader For Life.

Peter1469
08-09-2015, 06:10 AM
It may not matter who the two (or more) political parties nominate.

There is still time for real chaos to break out in the hood so the black fuhrer can declare martial law and promote himself to Dear Leader For Life.

How do you foresee this occurring?

Mac-7
08-09-2015, 06:16 AM
How do you foresee this occurring?

Riots that begin in black neighborhoods spilling across the city.

Murders of white police.

Terrorists acts like bombings and drive by shooting.

The lib news media and Fox give it 24/7 coverage of the most hysterical nature and the public becomes frightened and confused.

Obumer issues an executive order suspending the election till the "crisis" is passed and the crisis never does pass in the Dear Leaders mind.

Peter1469
08-09-2015, 06:22 AM

Murders of white police.

The lib news media and Fox give it 24/7 coverage of the most hysterical nature and the public becomes frightened and confused.

Obumer issues an executive order suspending the election till the "crisis" is passed and the crisis never does pass in the Dear Leaders mind.

I think the chances of this run around 1% if that. I wouldn't get worked up over it.

Safety
08-09-2015, 06:50 AM

Murders of white police.

How many conservatives you think share your mindset?

Bo-4
08-09-2015, 07:37 AM

Yeah that's pretty crappy i'll agree. Wonder where security was? Sounds like they just let these guys run amok.

Sanders has a problem with the black community that Hillary doesn't. He's represents a whiter than white state that simply hasn't had this sort of thing going on. He's behind the times nationally and needs to catch up.

But is Hillary behind it? Doubt it, but i've misplaced my tin foil. ;-)

As for the clown car crown? That hardly seems likely.

:rofl:

http://1wdojq181if3tdg01yomaof86.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/2016-GOP-clown-car-400x240.jpg

Mac-7
08-09-2015, 08:13 AM
I think the chances of this run around 1% if that. I wouldn't get worked up over it.

I'm predicting this as a certainty.

I buy home insurance not because the odds are great that my house will burn down but because the chance does exist.

There is no insurance we can buy to protect us from obumer but I can't ignore what he is capable of.

Mac-7
08-09-2015, 08:14 AM

I buy home insurance not because the odds are great that my house will burn down but because the chance does exist.

There is no insurance we can buy to protect us from obumer but I can't ignore what he is capable of.

What I meant to write is that I'm NOT predicting this as a certainty.

Mac-7
08-09-2015, 08:15 AM
How many conservatives you think share your mindset?

I don't know.

Peter1469
08-09-2015, 08:18 AM

Sure their is. It is called being prepared. Food and water to last a couple of months. Weapons and ammo to protect it. Stay low and out of sight.

JDubya
08-09-2015, 08:46 AM
A silly attempt at humor?

The GOP is made up of social cons, fiscal cons, neocons, paleocons, and the blue bloods.

Try again..., or actually don't.

Truth bothers you, doesn't it?

Another common right-wing trait.

Green Arrow
08-09-2015, 08:51 AM

This bit of hateful divisiveness brought to you by the same guy who said this:

JDubya
08-09-2015, 09:15 AM
Sure their is. It is called being prepared. Food and water to last a couple of months. Weapons and ammo to protect it. Stay low and out of sight.

You.....?

http://s22.postimg.org/tuwva4osh/Photo_talks_1439128711718.jpg

http://s29.postimg.org/v42m7jlyf/150809_101000.png

:grin:

Peter1469
08-09-2015, 09:16 AM

The truth is on my side.

JDubya
08-09-2015, 09:29 AM
The truth is on my side.

How can it be when you keep hiding from it?

If it's on your side, why are all you right-wingers so afraid of & offended by it?

Mac-7
08-09-2015, 09:32 AM

Personal protection is a good policy and I do try to be prepared.

But I was really referring to the nation as a whole.

Peter1469
08-09-2015, 10:39 AM
How can it be when you keep hiding from it?

If it's on your side, why are all you right-wingers so afraid of & offended by it?

You are babbling again.

Peter1469
08-09-2015, 10:40 AM
Personal protection is a good policy and I do try to be prepared.

But I was really referring to the nation as a whole.

They are going to have to take care of themselves. After the crash, hopefully the adults can rebuild and make the nation on a sustainable footing. Or else we are in for more trouble.

Mac-7
08-09-2015, 10:58 AM
They are going to have to take care of themselves. After the crash, hopefully the adults can rebuild and make the nation on a sustainable footing. Or else we are in for more trouble.

Unless you are posting from Canada or Mexico "they" includes you, your family and your neighbors.

I'f the country falls apart having a years supply of MRE's is not going to keep the chaos from affecting you too.

Peter1469
08-09-2015, 11:06 AM
Unless you are posting from Canada or Mexico "they" includes you, your family and your neighbors.

I'f the country falls apart having a years supply of MRE's is not going to keep the chaos from affecting you too.

If? There is no if. ~18T in official debt and climbing. $220T in unofficial debt (entitlements). Then all of the private debt on top of that.

The debt will be deleveraged one way or the other, and politicians show no sings of managing it. So a crash is 100% inevitable. The only question is timing.

Prepare as you will.

JDubya
08-09-2015, 11:14 AM
You are babbling again.

You are deflecting again.

JDubya
08-09-2015, 11:31 AM

This bit of hateful divisiveness brought to you by the same guy who said this:

And why did you not bother to mention THIS bit of hateful divisiveness that I was responding in kind to?...

Why is it not divisiveness when one of your right-wing buddies says it first???

Wait a minute...... you wouldn't be a flaming hypocrite, would you??????

Is that possible??????

GTFOH Green Arrow

Green Arrow
08-09-2015, 12:06 PM
And why did you not bother to mention THIS bit of hateful divisiveness that I was responding in kind to?...

Is that possible??????

GTFOH @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868)

I'm not a right-winger, and that wasn't hateful. Yours was. It's not hypocrisy, you're just a dick.

Peter1469
08-09-2015, 12:43 PM

Is that possible??????

GTFOH @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868)

Pay attention. I am not a republican.

I call them like I see them.

Green Arrow
08-09-2015, 01:22 PM

He at least was right in calling you a right-winger. Calling me a right-winger is pretty laughable.

Peter1469
08-09-2015, 09:38 PM
I'm not a right-winger, and that wasn't hateful. Yours was. It's not hypocrisy, you're just a dick.

Warning: cease with then name calling.

JDubya
08-09-2015, 09:38 PM

Learn how to read little green sparrow. See if you can find where I called you a right winger.

Then after you finish doing that, please explain how my statement is hateful & his is not, when I quoted him almost verbatim.

Finally, calling me a dick is against forum rules. I reported it but we both know nothing will happen don't we?

You might not *be* a right winger, but you sure do suck up to them, so afaic, it's one & the same.

JDubya
08-09-2015, 09:39 PM

Thank you.

JDubya
08-09-2015, 09:41 PM

You'll have to show me where I called you a Republican.

You made a derisive comment about the Dems so I made basically the same comment about the Repubs.

Simple as that.

Peter1469
08-09-2015, 09:46 PM
You'll have to show me where I called you a Republican.

You made a derisive comment about the Dems so I made basically the same comment about the Repubs.

Simple as that.

OK.

But my comment about the Dems is accurate. They are a collection of victim groups with nothing else in common.

I also listed the groups that make up the GOP. I think that was accurate as well.

Because of our winner take all political system, we have two main parties where had we had a parliamentary system we would have many smaller parties that would have to create coalitions to govern.

A year or so ago, someone posted a good article about the pros and cons of our system v. a parliamentary system. I would be interested in seeing how a hybrid between the two would work- I think the important part of our system is the separation of power between the executive and the legislative branches.

And the strength of the parliamentary system is the smaller, more focused parties.

JDubya
08-09-2015, 10:00 PM
OK.

But my comment about the Dems is accurate. They are a collection of victim groups with nothing else in common.

I also listed the groups that make up the GOP. I think that was accurate as well.

Because of our winner take all political system, we have two main parties where had we had a parliamentary system we would have many smaller parties that would have to create coalitions to govern.

A year or so ago, someone posted a good article about the pros and cons of our system v. a parliamentary system. I would be interested in seeing how a hybrid between the two would work- I think the important part of our system is the separation of power between the executive and the legislative branches.

And the strength of the parliamentary system is the smaller, more focused parties.

I think with all the myriad of special interests in this country & given it's sheer size, a Parliamentary system would just be mass chaos.

It probably works in Britain because a.) it was established so long ago & had centuries to settle in & b.) Britain is a much smaller country than the US.

I just think we are way too big for a system that complex.

The bigger the country I think, the fewer the number of party choices the better. It seems to me, most people fall on either the left or the right politically anyway. Some to more extreme ends than others, but the number of people who fall so far outside one or the other party that they need their own, is pretty small.

Green Arrow
08-09-2015, 10:52 PM
Learn how to read little green sparrow. See if you can find where I called you a right winger.

Then after you finish doing that, please explain how my statement is hateful & his is not, when I quoted him almost verbatim.

Finally, calling me a dick is against forum rules. I reported it but we both know nothing will happen don't we?

You might not *be* a right winger, but you sure do suck up to them, so afaic, it's one & the same.

He says, right after I received a warning. I also find it hilarious that you started out trying to say you never erroneously called me a right-winger, and then end it calling me a right-winger.

You really are incredibly thin-skinned. But, whatever. Physician, heal thyself.

Cigar
08-10-2015, 07:32 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again ... The Black Live Movement is here to stay. These Mothers and other Women knew they would be called Racist and many other things, but they said form the beginning; they're Voices are going to be heard. They know they will be called Thugs, Racist and everything under the Sun, but they will be heard.

They are doing the exact same things Whites have been doing at Town Halls for years, and they will not be silenced.

They said The Michael Brown Protesters will go away, they didn't, they grew into a Movement, and Movements scare people a lot.

... they 're getting noticed, even on Political Forums :laugh:

BTW ... why are you afraid of what goes on at a Democratic Speech? :grin:

Cigar
08-10-2015, 07:36 AM

Starting with Post Number One ... what is Racist about Protesting at Political Events and Town Halls?

PolWatch
08-10-2015, 07:51 AM
I don't think that screaming at people is a good way to get a point across....no matter what they are screaming about.

I also think there is more than a little hypocrisy in those who are so outraged at this. What was their opinion when a representative screamed 'liar' at the president when he was addressing Congress? Was Joe Wilson a frustrated member of the victims' club too?

Captain Obvious
08-10-2015, 08:31 AM
Anyone who thinks "black lives matter" has anything to do with lives, or black lives for that matter needs a fucking lobotomy.

Calypso Jones
08-11-2015, 08:25 AM
Seattle implements $15.00 an hour wage and now Seattle has lost 1000 jobs and suffering from the worst decline since 2009. Thank you for being the most progressive city on the planet.

Via Daily Caller: (http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/10/report-seattle-restaurants-suffer-worse-job-loss-since-the-great-recession/)

According to a report released Sunday by the American Enterprise Institute (AEI), the $15 minimum wage has caused Seattle restaurants to lose 1,000 jobs — the worst decline since the 2009 Great Recession.

“The loss of 1,000 restaurant jobs in May following the minimum wage increase in April was the largest one month job decline since a 1,300 drop in January 2009, again during the Great Recession,” AEI Scholar Mark J. Perry noted in the report.

The citywide minimum wage increase was passed in June of last year. The measure is designed to increase the city minimum wage gradually to $15 an hour by 2017. The first increase under the plan was to $11 an hour in April. According to the report, Seattle restaurants have already faced severe consequences as a result. In contrast, in the six years since the 2009 financial crisis, the industry has been recovering in areas without the $15 minimum wage.

Green Arrow
08-11-2015, 08:39 AM
The report keeps saying they have a $15 minimum wage, but they don't. It won't be $15 for two more years.

Cigar
08-11-2015, 08:40 AM
Anyone who thinks "black lives matter" has anything to do with lives, or black lives for that matter needs a $#@!ing lobotomy.

:grin: Can't stop it ... can you.

Calypso Jones
08-11-2015, 10:41 AM
The report keeps saying they have a $15 minimum wage, but they don't. It won't be $15 for two more years.

read it again with an open mind. they've already started the increase which will be complete unless Mr. sanders is elected president and it will go to 20$ before Seattle goes belly up. It was increased to $11 already HENCE the job losses.

Cigar
08-11-2015, 10:55 AM
"You don't have the standing to invent a 'race problem' for Bernie"Bernie's been a passionate supporter of gay rights for over forty years. He was way out ahead of damned near everybody on that issue – and still is.

The following is about a letter he wrote 40 years ago (available for your viewing pleasure here):

Notice that not only did Sanders call for gay equality and an end to the drug war, he also talked about the need to tax corporations, end unjust overseas wars, heal the environment, and empower working people. If nothing else, Sanders has been extremely consistent.

Think about that. Bernie stood up to a homophobic nation when almost no one else would. HRC's record is pathetic compared to that. She's only recently been dragged into supporting gay marriage. Yet her supporters want to attack Bernie on this issue. It just shows they've got nothing. They're just making shit up.
'Full gay rights' is unambiguous.

They sure don't want to go comparing Bernie's record to Hillary's. They'll never win that way. And they sure as fuck don't want to compare donor lists. Because that right there would tell the ugly truth about their Wall Street candidate.

And Bernie earned his reputation the hard way – on the streets with flesh and shoe leather, where you never would have found virtually any of his detractors. Deceitful people who lack the courage of their convictions do not take to the streets to fight for justice. Only brave people do that. It takes guts to put yourself on the line for your beliefs. And no one who lacks the vision and commitment to ever leave their own comfort zone while spreading scurrilous empty-headed lies about real heroes can change that reality. Bernie's integrity is unassailable.

Bernie Sanders is:

The one candidate not drunk on wealth and power.
The one candidate not irrevocably tied to the 1%.
The one candidate not beholden to Wall Street and corporate America.
The one candidate not tied to the Military Industrial Complex.
The one candidate who marched with Dr. King.
The one candidate who worked to elect Jesse Jackson president.
The one candidate with a solid record of fighting racism and inequality.
The one candidate who voted against the invasion of Iraq.
The one candidate who voted against the the first Gulf war.
The one candidate who voted against NAFTA and CAFTA.
The one candidate who voted against the USA Patriot Act.
The one candidate who wants to overturn Citizens United.
The one candidate who wants to rein in the NSA.
The one candidate who fights for the working class.
The one candidate with the guts to stand up to the 1%.
The one candidate who never sold us out.
The one candidate who never lied to us.
The only candidate who deserves our support.

That won't stop all the dishonest assholes with hidden agendas and nary an ounce of integrity from trying to shit on Bernie's head. He's the only candidate on either side with an ounce of integrity or the guts to stand up against the powers that be. The only one. When you shit on the one guy with any fucking integrity at all, you are committing a grave offense.

And HRC sure as hell does not want to debate Bernie. Her side knows he'll wipe the floor with her. DWS and the DNC should be ashamed for their stalling tactics. They need to do the right thing and schedule the debates. They cannot skip straight to the coronation of Ms. Inevitability. They've got to go through Bernie, and Bernie's going to kick their ass.

Bring on the debates!

So support who you like, vote for who you want, promote your candidate any way you see fit, but those who stoop to sliming Bernie with underhanded lies deserve to be called out for it.

Apparently, deceitful backdoor attacks on Bernie are all the rage at Daily Kos: damning with faint praise, expressing 'loving' concern, claiming to be a Bernie supporter while shaming Bernie supporters, making up stories about how he can't possibly win and just outright lying. Not surprising I guess, since it's all they've got. I'm just astonished and appalled at the depths to which some people are stooping. It speaks of panicked desperation. Good. That's exactly what they and their 1% Wall Street candidate deserve.

Unless you are an enthusiastic supporter of the status quo, unless you're pining for a big stinking pile of more of the same, you should step up and vote for the political revolution you've been crying for, praying for and waiting for all these years.

You Don't Have the Standing to Invent a 'Race Problem' for Bernie (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/08/04/1408677/-You-don-t-have-the-standing-to-invent-a-race-problem-for-Bernie)

Captain Obvious
08-11-2015, 10:59 AM
read it again with an open mind. they've already started the increase which will be complete unless Mr. sanders is elected president and it will go to 20$ before Seattle goes belly up. It was increased to $11 already HENCE the job losses.

Doesn't matter to sanders or Hillary or any of those other progressive criminals, once cities and states start lining up in bankruptcy court their political retirements will be underway.

It's some other fucking schmuck's problem at that point.

Cigar
08-11-2015, 11:14 AM
Interesting that conservatives are concerned with Democratic Candidates, and that GOP showing last week. :laugh:

The one thing Liberals and Progressives haven't had to worry about over the last 2 Presidential Elections, is forming Long Lines at the Voting Booth to win by 9.5 and 5 MILLION Votes