PDA

View Full Version : Trump's policy

PolWatch
08-10-2015, 09:19 AM
In the south we call this buying a pig in a poke. Some people describe the principle as 'caveat emptor' - Latin for 'let the buyer beware' :

'Donald Trump's position on health care? Repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act "with something terrific."

On what do with the estimated 11 million immigrants currently living in the country illegally? "We're going to have plenty of time to talk about it," he told reporters during a recent trip to the U.S. border with Mexico.
His plan to increase job growth? "You'll see details. But basically I'm telling you I'll just bring them back. It's called negotiation," he said.'
<snip>

Most of the other candidates for president in 2016 have records of public service, having cast votes as lawmakers or executed policy as governors. Those who lack such time in office, such as retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, have still staked out clear positions on issues that include health care and managing the economy.
Trump's campaign website, meanwhile, provides a detailed account of his many real estate holdings and successful television show, but has no mention what he would seek to accomplish if elected president. During the first Republican primary debate of the 2016 season, Trump mostly avoided staking out any new positions on policy.
It's not an oversight, but rather part of Trump's political strategy.'
http://news.yahoo.com/trumps-policy-approach-mystery-amid-lack-detail-071738128--election.html

Ransom
08-10-2015, 09:26 AM
The rabid Left's dander raised at his every word, give it a rest.:rolleyes:

PolWatch
08-10-2015, 09:28 AM

really? You agree with a candidate who doesn't reveal his proposed policies? Kinda like Hope & Change?

Captain Obvious
08-10-2015, 09:29 AM
In the south we call this buying a pig in a poke. Some people describe the principle as 'caveat emptor' - Latin for 'let the buyer beware' :

'Donald Trump's position on health care? Repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act "with something terrific."

On what do with the estimated 11 million immigrants currently living in the country illegally? "We're going to have plenty of time to talk about it," he told reporters during a recent trip to the U.S. border with Mexico.
His plan to increase job growth? "You'll see details. But basically I'm telling you I'll just bring them back. It's called negotiation," he said.'
<snip>

Most of the other candidates for president in 2016 have records of public service, having cast votes as lawmakers or executed policy as governors. Those who lack such time in office, such as retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, have still staked out clear positions on issues that include health care and managing the economy.
Trump's campaign website, meanwhile, provides a detailed account of his many real estate holdings and successful television show, but has no mention what he would seek to accomplish if elected president. During the first Republican primary debate of the 2016 season, Trump mostly avoided staking out any new positions on policy.
http://news.yahoo.com/trumps-policy-approach-mystery-amid-lack-detail-071738128--election.html

This is kinda what I mean, he's not saying other than stale narcissistic rhetoric.

"Women love me, they'll vote for me, I care for women and women's issues, Jeb sucks"...

Someone wake me up when he says something substantive.

PolWatch
08-10-2015, 09:30 AM
This is kinda what I mean, he's not saying other than stale narcissistic rhetoric.

"Women love me, they'll vote for me, I care for women and women's issues, Jeb sucks"...

Someone wake me up when he says something substantive.

lol....you may need to change your screen name to Capt. Rip Van Winkle....

Mac-7
08-10-2015, 09:31 AM

<snip>

I don't want to talk about what to do with the 20-30 million illegal aliens in the country now until after we build the fence and secure the border.

whatukno
08-10-2015, 10:19 AM
Don't forget all those "interesting things" Trump found in Hawaii when he was king of the Birthers.

Bo-4
08-10-2015, 01:46 PM
Hey, he built a great company and gets ratings.

You don't believe him when he tells you his health care replacement will be "something terrific"?

I do, just like i believe that Mexico will pay for his wall. :D

whatukno
08-10-2015, 02:20 PM
I don't want to talk about what to do with the 20-30 million illegal aliens in the country now until after we build the fence and secure the border.

I love how this number keeps going up exponentially, soon conservatives are going to be saying "There's 50 BILLION illegal Mexicans in our country!"

Mac-7
08-10-2015, 10:59 PM
I love how this number keeps going up exponentially, soon conservatives are going to be saying "There's 50 BILLION illegal Mexicans in our country!"

The 11 million guess dates back to the 1990s.

I think its a lowball figure.

birddog
08-11-2015, 11:57 AM
Don't forget all those "interesting things" Trump found in Hawaii when he was king of the Birthers.

Trump made Hawaii issue an authentic copy of a phony BC! Anyone with any common sense sees that! Geeez!

whatukno
08-11-2015, 01:09 PM
Trump made Hawaii issue an authentic copy of a phony BC! Anyone with any common sense sees that! Geeez!

Let's repeat exactly what you said. Trump, the man, that was king Birther, did not believe that Obama was born in the US, made the state of Hawaii, release an, (as you put it) "Authentic Copy of a Phony BC".

And you think this is common sense, and not tin foil hat wearing nonsense?

Mac-7
08-11-2015, 02:02 PM
Let's repeat exactly what you said. Trump, the man, that was king Birther, did not believe that Obama was born in the US, made the state of Hawaii, release an, (as you put it) "Authentic Copy of a Phony BC".

And you think this is common sense, and not tin foil hat wearing nonsense?

Trump is not here so let me tell you what I think.

We really don't know where Obumer was born but the digital image of a birth cert offered on the Internet has been widely accepted as his.

whatukno
08-11-2015, 04:29 PM
Trump is not here so let me tell you what I think.

We really don't know where Obumer was born but the digital image of a birth cert offered on the Internet has been widely accepted as his.

I love meeting birthers at this point in time:

Your argument that Obama was in fact born in Kenya and not Hawaii, is so thoroughly debunked at this point, that Trump won't even acknowledge that fiasco even took place.

In fact he's begging for that not to come up. It's such a low hanging branch, even the media sees it at too easy. It soils his credibility, because he never released anything to the media bout what he found out in Hawaii. Because he found nothing. Obama was born in Hawaii, it's a legal certified triple stamped fact. And the fact that you birthers still exist, should show this country what idiots are trying to vote for TRUMP to be president, and thus an additional reason why this shaved orangutan should never be president.

Safety
08-11-2015, 04:37 PM

I was trying to keep a straight face reading your post, but when you said "common sense" and were serious.....

:rofl:

magicmike
08-11-2015, 04:47 PM

How is Pol's point not a valid one?

Seems like Trumps only platform is he's rich.

Mac-7
08-11-2015, 06:13 PM
I love meeting birthers at this point in time:

Your argument that Obama was in fact born in Kenya and not Hawaii,

is so thoroughly debunked at this point, that Trump won't even acknowledge that fiasco even took place.

No you said that not me.

I don't know where obumer was born because the bullshit picture of a birth certificate posted on the Internet proves nothing since it has not been verified by forgery experts.

Captain Obvious
08-11-2015, 06:16 PM
No you said that not me.

I don't know where obumer was born because the bullshit picture of a birth certificate posted on the Internet proves nothing since it has not been verified by forgery experts.

http://www.noisyroom.net/blog/ban2.jpg

whatukno
08-11-2015, 06:18 PM
No you said that not me.

Obama was born in Hawaii as all the evidence has shown, it's only your side that keeps up this bullshit that you have no idea where Obama was born, at the same time, a candidate for your own party is running that was born in Canada and is verified as being born in Canada, and you are okay with that.

Mac-7
08-11-2015, 06:18 PM
http://www.noisyroom.net/blog/ban2.jpg

Obumer made a better effort than that.

Mac-7
08-11-2015, 06:20 PM
Obama was born in Hawaii as all the evidence has shown,

it's only your side that keeps up this bull$#@! that you have no idea where Obama was born,

at the same time, a candidate for your own party is running that was born in Canada and is verified as being born in Canada, and you are okay with that.

You or one of your lib clones raised the question on this thread.

Ransom
08-11-2015, 06:49 PM
Obama is a US Citizen, but he's no American. His wife has 15 times more American in her left fingernail. Pinky.

whatukno
08-12-2015, 06:34 AM
You or one of your lib clones raised the question on this thread.

I did bring it up, only as a point that Trump is wasted effort by the GOP. He has no plan, he's just trolling the Republican party, and you guys can't see it. For crying out loud he's a birther, if that doesn't put in people's minds what a train wreck of a candidate he is, there's little hope for the conservative movement.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/

Look at his website, do you see a detailed plan there? You can't find one, because Trump doesn't have one. "Something amazing" isn't a detailed plan.

Mac-7
08-12-2015, 06:55 AM
I did bring it up, only as a point that Trump is wasted effort by the GOP. He has no plan, he's just trolling the Republican party, and you guys can't see it. For crying out loud he's a birther, if that doesn't put in people's minds what a train wreck of a candidate he is, there's little hope for the conservative movement.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/

Look at his website, do you see a detailed plan there? You can't find one, because Trump doesn't have one. "Something amazing" isn't a detailed plan.

You raised the issue.

Now the liberal brain trust is pushing the "no plan" strawman.

But what rational person believes that a politicians detailed plan during a campaign is worth the paper it's written on?

I don't.

whatukno
08-12-2015, 07:08 AM
You raised the issue.

Now the liberal brain trust is pushing the "no plan" strawman.

But what rational person believes that a politicians detailed plan during a campaign is worth the paper it's written on?

I don't.

It sure as hell gives us some idea if the guy running for office knows what he's talking about or is just talking out of his ass.

PolWatch
08-12-2015, 07:16 AM
Trump admits he has not released any plans, policy or platform.....but he's gonna do that real soon & it will be amazing!

' Donald Trump says his campaign is prepared to lay out specific policy plans. He's just not ready yet.And in the meantime, he's selling his strong personality and criticizing his rivals, particularly Jeb Bush for a lack of vigor.

"There's no energy there, no energy. We need energy. We need tone," Trump said of Bush during a 50-minute speech to more than 2,000 people at a Republican fundraising dinner in Michigan, his first public appearance since the first GOP primary debate. "We have heads being chopped off because there are Christians in the Middle East. ... The world is cracking up and they're worried about my tone."

It was Trump's first appearance as a presidential candidate in Michigan, where he decried China's decision to devalue its currency and Ford Motor Co.'s planned $2.5 billion investment in Mexico. He told reporters in Birch Run, north of Flint, that he would announce policy specifics over the next two weeks, but cautioned: "You really have to be flexible on jobs and everything else."

http://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-returns-fox-news-flap-112901449--election.html

whatukno
08-12-2015, 07:20 AM
Flexible on jobs? The holy hell does that mean?

"Yo, maybe you have a job, maybe you starve to death in the street, you know, flexible"

Captain Obvious
08-12-2015, 07:22 AM
Flexible on jobs? The holy hell does that mean?

"Yo, maybe you have a job, maybe you starve to death in the street, you know, flexible"

Trump's campaign has been nothing but baseless rhetoric, it's so shallow that even the most hack of partisan hacks could see through it. His popularity, I'm convinced, is purely pop culture.

How any special interest would want to invest campaign dollars in this guy is beyond me, he's been nothing but abrasive, insulting to everyone around him including his targeted voting base and has said and done nothing to merit POTUS legitimacy.

The perfect circus side show.

PolWatch
08-12-2015, 07:26 AM
the Honey-boo-boo of politics

whatukno
08-12-2015, 08:13 AM
Trump's campaign has been nothing but baseless rhetoric, it's so shallow that even the most hack of partisan hacks could see through it. His popularity, I'm convinced, is purely pop culture.

How any special interest would want to invest campaign dollars in this guy is beyond me, he's been nothing but abrasive, insulting to everyone around him including his targeted voting base and has said and done nothing to merit POTUS legitimacy.

The perfect circus side show.

I am thoroughly convinced Trump is trolling the GOP for lulz. I think he is sitting there laughing his ass off, while he purposefully says the dumbest shit he can think of, and watches as pegs at the top of the GOP polls.

He's showing America, exactly what conservatives are.

Cigar
08-12-2015, 08:16 AM

What other choice is there? Bush? :laugh:

BTW ... I'm a HUGE Trump Fan ... no Dander Rising here. :roflmao:

Cigar
08-12-2015, 08:19 AM
Here's a HUGE Drinking Game ... take a Drink every time Trump says the word Disaster :laugh:

Mac-7
08-12-2015, 10:46 AM
It sure as hell gives us some idea if the guy running for office knows what he's talking about or is just talking out of his ass.

Trump is the only candidate in either party putting illegal aliens and foreign trade at the front and center of his campaign.

That tells me he does indeed know what he's talking about.

Cigar
08-12-2015, 11:40 AM
Trump is the only candidate in either party putting illegal aliens and foreign trade at the front and center of his campaign.

Please Vote him, Please.

Captain Obvious
08-12-2015, 11:41 AM

Actually, it tells me that Trump's campaign manager knows which buzzwords cause you to think he knows what he's talking about.

You are incapable of understanding this also, you just do what you're programmed to do.

Peter1469
08-12-2015, 03:44 PM
I am thoroughly convinced Trump is trolling the GOP for lulz. I think he is sitting there laughing his ass off, while he purposefully says the dumbest shit he can think of, and watches as pegs at the top of the GOP polls.

He's showing America, exactly what conservatives are.

Trump appeals to a populist movement, not a conservative movement.

Mac-7
08-12-2015, 04:41 PM
Actually, it tells me that Trump's campaign manager knows which buzzwords cause you to think he knows what he's talking about.

You are incapable of understanding this also, you just do what you're programmed to do.

Trump is smart enough to highlight the greatest threat to our security and standard of living - the invasion of illegal aliens and the loss of our manufacturing base.

Do you think he's just a liar?

Could be.

But what is your excuse for every other republican except for Ted Cruz refusing to condemn illegal aliens at all?

Do you suppose the less they say about it the more they plan to do if elected?

whatukno
08-12-2015, 09:11 PM
Trump appeals to a populist movement, not a conservative movement.

No, he appeals to angry white old people that watch reality tv. He's an internet troll brought to life.

Redrose
08-12-2015, 09:32 PM
really? You agree with a candidate who doesn't reveal his proposed policies? Kinda like Hope & Change?

"Hope and Change" was the biggest scam this nation has ever seen.

I'm hoping for a change.

Mac-7
08-12-2015, 10:26 PM
No, he appeals to angry white old people that watch reality tv. He's an internet troll brought to life.

Why do you hate whites?

Peter1469
08-13-2015, 04:15 AM

lol

Pay attention: Trump appeals to populists that hate politicians and government as normal. If these populists also include conservatives, it is populism, not conservativism, that draws them. Trump is not a conservative.

Mac-7
08-13-2015, 06:41 AM
lol

Pay attention: Trump appeals to populists that hate politicians and government as normal. If these populists also include conservatives, it is populism, not conservativism, that draws them. Trump is not a conservative.

I like Trump because he seems to understand the illegal alien and free trade problems better than most of the other republicans.

If that makes me a populist so be it.

Jeb Bush for instance has pretty good coaches and handlers and he SOUNDS ok on the illegal alien issue.

But I think he's a Washington insider who is just lying through his teeth.

Peter1469
08-13-2015, 06:45 AM
I don't think he is a Washington insider with respect to bowing down to the Establishment. Sure he wheels and deals with them.

Mac-7
08-13-2015, 06:50 AM
I don't think he is a Washington insider with respect to bowing down to the Establishment. Sure he wheels and deals with them.

If elected president he will be a business-as-usual Washington insider.

Peter1469
08-13-2015, 06:56 AM
I doubt it. But we will only know if he becomes president. Which is highly unlikely.

whatukno
08-13-2015, 07:53 AM
lol

He doesn't appeal to "populists" his appeal is the radicalized right wing American Taliban known as the TEA Party.

Peter1469
08-13-2015, 10:08 AM
He doesn't appeal to "populists" his appeal is the radicalized right wing American Taliban known as the TEA Party.

Another silly comment from the hard left.... Oh, silly and stupid. :shocked:

Mac-7
08-13-2015, 10:15 AM
Another silly comment from the hard left.... Oh, silly and stupid. :shocked:

I wish the liberals posting here were a fringe.

Unfortunately whatukno is a typical liberal today.

But we can at least hope that he's a foreigner who can't vote in our elections.