PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Carter diagnosed with Cancer

exotix
08-12-2015, 03:42 PM
Just In

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/12/former-president-jimmy-carter-reveals-he-has-cancer.html

http://i57.tinypic.com/maf3uc.jpg

Private Pickle
08-12-2015, 03:59 PM
God speed Jimmy C.

Tricia
08-12-2015, 04:12 PM
I hate to hear that.

Peter1469
08-12-2015, 05:32 PM
Hope he gets the treatment he needs.

PolWatch
08-12-2015, 05:34 PM
His family has a history of pancreatic cancer....not a good thing at all. He is a good man.

The Xl
08-12-2015, 06:07 PM
That won't be an easy fight at his advanced age. Good luck to him.

Mac-7
08-12-2015, 06:07 PM
Jimmy Carter is a born fool.

But now that he is no longer the worst president of my lifetime it's not too late to give him his due.

Jimmy wanted to pull American troops out of South Korea.

The dumb idea died when General Singlaub stood up and publicly challenged the president.

As a way of mending fences with the South Koreans Carter decided to visit the country which he did in 1978.

as part of the itinerary Carter visited the 2nd Infantry Division at Camp Casey.

One morning Carter - a noted jogger - ran PT with a selected group of soldiers from the 122 Signal Battalion.

The run was about 5 miles over a back road connecting Camp Casey to a smaller base called Camp Hovey.

The soldiers in the specially selected formation were all much younger than Carter and in excellent physical shape.

And they wanted to impress their commander in chief.

but Jimmy was about 56.

to this day I don't see how he made it back on that run alive.

but he didn't fall out and he didn't fall back.

exotix
08-12-2015, 06:15 PM

But now that he is no longer the worst president of my lifetime it's not too late to give him his due.

Jimmy wanted to pull American troops out of South Korea.

The dumb idea died when General Singlaub stood up and publicly challenged the president.

As a way of mending fences with the South Koreans Carter decided to visit the country which he did in 1978.

as part of the itinerary Carter visited the 2nd Infantry Division at Camp Casey.

One morning Carter - a noted jogger - ran PT with a selected group of soldiers from the 122 Signal Battalion.

The run was about 5 miles over a back road connecting Camp Casey to a smaller base called Camp Hovey.

The soldiers in the specially selected formation were all much younger than Carter and in excellent physical shape.

And they wanted to impress their commander in chief.

but Jimmy was about 56.

to this day I don't see how he made it back on that run alive.

but he didn't fall out and he didn't fall back.Can we get you to comment on this ?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/files/2014/09/Jobs-net.png

Mac-7
08-12-2015, 06:23 PM
Can we get you to comment on this ?

Ah yes, jimmy carter the genius who introduced America to the Malaise Economy.

But I'm not here to bash Carter.

Bob
08-12-2015, 06:44 PM
Hope he gets the treatment he needs.

Days ago, on TV, a doctor said now a better treatment for cancer is here. They cut way back on chemo and use some drug. Not knowing much about this type of topic, if interested you may try to google it.

Seems by heavy chemo, it kills good cells the body needs to fight cancer. The drug used flew by my untrained ears.

Adelaide
08-13-2015, 08:26 AM
Days ago, on TV, a doctor said now a better treatment for cancer is here. They cut way back on chemo and use some drug. Not knowing much about this type of topic, if interested you may try to google it.

Seems by heavy chemo, it kills good cells the body needs to fight cancer. The drug used flew by my untrained ears.

That is an extremely general comment. Some targeted therapies exist for specific cancers but cytotoxic treatment is still the mainstream protocol that is considered best practice for many cancers/malignancies, varying based on cancer and cancer location. It kills everything indiscriminately but if I had a relative diagnosed with cancer I wouldn't trust new drugs on the market until they've been on the market for 5-10 years, unless there were literally no other options, (plus a lot of targeted therapies are still at some point in the testing phase). Radiation or other therapies may be needed in conjunction. GCSF injections are able to be given to chemo patients to boost specific cells that fight infection to help treat neutropenia.

Anyways, thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family during this time.

suds00
08-13-2015, 09:53 AM
good luck president carter

birddog
08-13-2015, 12:18 PM
Jimmy is a good man, misguided politically, but still a good man. Best wishes Jimmy!

Bob
08-13-2015, 01:13 PM
That is an extremely general comment. Some targeted therapies exist for specific cancers but cytotoxic treatment is still the mainstream protocol that is considered best practice for many cancers/malignancies, varying based on cancer and cancer location. It kills everything indiscriminately but if I had a relative diagnosed with cancer I wouldn't trust new drugs on the market until they've been on the market for 5-10 years, unless there were literally no other options, (plus a lot of targeted therapies are still at some point in the testing phase). Radiation or other therapies may be needed in conjunction. GCSF injections are able to be given to chemo patients to boost specific cells that fight infection to help treat neutropenia.

Anyways, thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family during this time.

Yes, my comments are general. I wish I recalled the precise story to link it for the forum. I figured when one learns of a cancer victim, it is best to pass new ways of treating cancer around. As I say, I saw it on a major network channel and hope their best had checked this out prior to putting it on the news. I apologize for being pretty uninformed on this and have just best intentions.

Jimmy Carter is the last Democrat I voted for and at age 90 he needs good treatment. And I believe a good thing for him would be to get treated at this nations finest hospital treating his type of cancer. Might as well keep him living.

Redrose
08-13-2015, 01:57 PM
I wish him well.

exotix
08-20-2015, 09:39 AM
Happening Now

'I Have Cancer Spots on My Brain'

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/former-president-jimmy-carter-discuss-cancer-diagnosis-n413026

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jimmy-carter-to-undergo-radiation-for-cancer-on-his-brain/ar-BBlUD9K?ocid=iehp

http://i62.tinypic.com/1441o2q.jpg

Cigar
08-20-2015, 09:42 AM
One word comes to mind, he still proves he has "Class" in a World that can learn what Class is really all about.

Ethereal
08-20-2015, 10:13 AM

Actually, he's highly intelligent.

I would argue that Jimmy Carter was the best President America has seen for a long, long time. He is unfairly blamed for the economic problems that persisted during his Presidency, and he's hated by the neo-con establishment because he wasn't an aggressive militarist who mindlessly responded to every problem with bombs and bullets. The fact that Jimmy Carter is almost universally considered a failure by the DC establishment actually proves how great of a President he was.

Ethereal
08-20-2015, 10:16 AM
Ah yes, jimmy carter the genius who introduced America to the Malaise Economy.

The "malaise economy" was caused by the policies of the Johnson and Nixon administrations, two of the most aggressive big government Presidents in American history. Jimmy Carter was stuck with the effects of their exorbitant spending and regulations.

Ethereal
08-20-2015, 10:18 AM

The first thing you said about Carter was an insult, so, yea, you're here to bash him.

Ethereal
08-20-2015, 10:22 AM
Jimmy Carter is the epitome of a decent, southern Christian man. I think he should run for the Presidency in 2016, assuming he is still able. I'd vote for him!

Cigar
08-20-2015, 10:27 AM
The first thing you said about Carter was an insult, so, yea, you're here to bash him.

:laugh: Humm --> Insults and Disrespect (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/49407-Insults-and-Disrespect)

Private Pickle
08-20-2015, 10:27 AM
Worst President ever.

Cigar
08-20-2015, 10:38 AM
Worst President ever.

Wait ... I thought Obama was?

Private Pickle
08-20-2015, 10:41 AM
Wait ... I thought Obama was?

Yeah you don't think that. Stop trolling "bro".

Ethereal
08-20-2015, 11:50 AM
Why was Carter's Presidency so bad?

I realize the economic conditions at the time were bad, but that can hardly be attributed to Jimmy Carter's Presidency.

First off, high monetary inflation is a lagging effect, and influenced only indirectly by the President, so to suggest that Carter was responsible for that aspect of the economic problems is to ignore how monetary inflation actually works.

Secondly, gas shortages and high gas prices generally, aside from being a side-effect of high monetary inflation, were also being exacerbated by onerous price controls that were left over from previous Presidents, mostly Nixon.

Carter's response to these problems was to appoint Paul Volker Chairman of the Federal Reserve and relax regulations on the oil and gas industries.

Of course, it would take more than four years for Carter's policies to start having a noticeable effect, especially when the economic problems he was attempting to fix had built up for at least a decade.

exotix
12-06-2015, 12:27 PM
Just In

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/president-jimmy-carter-says-cancer-brain-gone-n475056

http://i66.tinypic.com/2zsmlxk.png

Mac-7
12-06-2015, 12:36 PM
The first thing you said about Carter was an insult.

I would call it an observation

But I ended the post with an expression of respect for a president that I did not like politically