PDA

View Full Version : It’s not just Trump: Voter anger fuels outsider candidates

Peter1469
08-13-2015, 05:16 AM
Americans are waking up (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/its-not-just-trump-voter-anger-fuels-outsider-candidates/2015/08/12/cd3fdb06-40f8-11e5-846d-02792f854297_story.html) and seeing that the Establishment controls both major parties. Outsiders are getting an honest look this election cycle. This is not liberal or conservative. It is a populist movement.

The surging candidacies of Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders are fueled by people’s anger with the status quo and desire for authenticity in political leaders. Across the ideological spectrum, candidates are gaining traction by separating themselves from the political and economic system that many everyday Americans view as rigged against them.

“There are a lot of voters who are exceptionally frustrated with traditional politics and politicians and who quite simply feel failed by the system,” said pollster Geoff Garin, who advises Priorities USA Action, a super PAC supporting Democratic front-runner Hillary Rodham Clinton. “A lot of this anger crosses party lines in the sense that it is directed at what people see as a concentration of wealth and power that leaves them holding the short end of the stick.”

Consider recent developments in the Republican race. Rick Perry was the governor of Texas for 14 years and had an enviable record on jobs to boot, but his presi*dential campaign is running on fumes (http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/10/rick-perry-stops-paying-his-south-carolina-staff-as-fundraising-dries-up/). Sen. Lindsey O. Graham has served on Capitol Hill for a quarter-century, yet the South Carolina Republican barely cracks 1 percent in the polls.

In stark contrast, Ben Carson, a soft-spoken retired neurosurgeon with far more expertise in separating conjoined twins than in brokering trade agreements, is surging in recent polls and drew one of the biggest campaign crowds yet in Des Moines last week. Carly Fiorina, a businesswoman who has never held elective office, is also on the upswing (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/will-carly-fiorina-be-able-to-break-out-after-her-shining-debate-performance/2015/08/06/477c0de0-3c8a-11e5-8e98-115a3cf7d7ae_story.html).

Common
08-13-2015, 05:53 AM
I agree, it just might turn out that the citizens united ruling works out better for the american voter. I think its made them very much aware that Politicians are the paid spokesman of the few super rich.

I truly hope it does wake them up

Peter1469
08-13-2015, 06:39 AM
I agree.

Mac-7
08-13-2015, 06:43 AM
What do libs expect the rich to do?

Sit passively as the left grows government and raises their taxes through the roof?

Calypso Jones
08-13-2015, 08:02 AM
I agree, it just might turn out that the citizens united ruling works out better for the american voter. I think its made them very much aware that Politicians are the paid spokesman of the few super rich.

I truly hope it does wake them up

Politicians are paid spokesmen for themselves. THEY are the superrich and they want whatever you have no matter how meager it is. They don't represent the rich, either side. They are totally in it for their OWN power and Wealth.

If you think they are concerned about you, their stupid, sheep like constituency you are sorely mistaken.

So...number 1. the American people are not angry about the absence of wealth re-distribution. they are angry that their politicians make promises and then don't keep them but more than that, 2.they are angry that their politicians are making it harder and harder for them to live their own lives in peace and freedom. 3. They are angry at Planned Parenthood and their lies, they are angry at lying policians, they are angry at the lawlessness that this administration ENCOURAGES.

If you think it's not going to boil over at some time then.....

well let me just say this:

Everyone is entitled to be stupid but liberals are abusing the privilege.

whatukno
08-13-2015, 08:17 AM
I think you have two different groups here. On Trump's side, you have the radicalized right wing American Taliban known as the TEA Party, on Sander's side, you have the more centrist populist group.

Trump's rhetoric doesn't speak to a lot of Americans, like Latino's, Women, people with functioning brains. It speaks to those who primarily use the base anger and fear they live their lives in every day. The people who think they have to be armed like they are going to war to pick up milk, or the ones that pee themselves thinking about how the terrorists are gonna get them, or the ones that think that there are hundreds of millions of illegal Mexicans flowing across the border every single second. (isn't that what the number is up to now? I know it keeps going up every day, are y'all into the trillions of illegals yet?)

Cigar
08-13-2015, 08:37 AM
https://youtu.be/ND0MMyf5Q6I

Peter1469
08-13-2015, 10:23 AM
I think you have two different groups here. On Trump's side, you have the radicalized right wing American Taliban known as the TEA Party, on Sander's side, you have the more centrist populist group.

Indication of a clueless radical.

Captain Obvious
08-13-2015, 10:28 AM

I don't have a lot of faith and stock in the Tea Party but I get the concept, I really do. Not sure if it's being applied effectively but I get it.

I also see how that terrifies the shit out of the hack left, so much that they have to demonize it in order to feel safe. That's worth pointing out.

Common
08-13-2015, 11:25 AM
What do libs expect the rich to do?

Sit passively as the left grows government and raises their taxes through the roof?

lol DUH ohhhh MaaaaC its rich left wing libs that buy politicians too. I was talking about ALL of them, you cant get past that lib pacifier your parents gave you suck on most of your life.

Mac-7
08-13-2015, 12:04 PM
lol DUH ohhhh MaaaaC its rich left wing libs that buy politicians too. I was talking about ALL of them, you cant get past that lib pacifier your parents gave you suck on most of your life.

Ok.

what do the great unwashed expect the rich to do?

Sit passively while statists grow the government and raise taxes on the rich through the roof?

Green Arrow
08-13-2015, 12:06 PM

I was going to say classless, but clueless works too.

Calypso Jones
08-13-2015, 12:43 PM

?)

that wasn't subtle...did you think it was?? LOLOL

whatukno
08-13-2015, 12:45 PM
that wasn't subtle...did you think it was?? LOLOL

Not sure if I was going for subtle. I don't think I was. Just explaining what group is propping up Trump.