PDA

View Full Version : Fiorina understands what the U.S. economy needs to grow

Peter1469
08-13-2015, 05:48 AM
Fiorina understands what the U.S. economy needs to grow (http://www.marketwatch.com/story/fiorina-understands-what-the-us-economy-needs-to-grow-2015-08-12)
MarketWatch supports Fiorina's economic policies. Grow the economy, not stifle it.

On taxes, Fiorina would lower every rate, close every loophole — maybe retain a few that benefit the middle class — and shrink the 75,000-page U.S. tax code to three pages.
She’s correct when she says (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/08/09/caly_fiorina_income_inequality_i_worse_under_progr essive_policies.html)that most of the deductions and exemptions benefit the wealthy, powerful and well-connected. Why? To paraphrase F. Scott Fitzgerald, the rich are different than you and me: They have better tax lawyers.

I wish her luck. Politicians of all stripes advocate tax reform, yet nothing gets done. The only way to lower the corporate tax rate, (http://taxfoundation.org/article/corporate-income-tax-rates-around-world-2014) which at 35% is the highest in the developed world and a disincentive to business, is to close various loopholes.

Better known as tax expenditures (http://www.gao.gov/key_issues/tax_expenditures/issue_summary)to budget wonks, these carve-outs cost the government more than $1 trillion a year in lost revenue. Each loophole has a well-organized, well-funded constituency behind it. Among the largest are the exclusion of employer-provided health insurance, 401(k) and other retirement plans; the mortgage-interest deduction; and the lower rate on capital gains.

The elimination of tax expenditures would simplify the tax code and, at the same time, “reduce incentives for activities that have been encouraged” by it, according to the Government Accountability Office.

Common
08-13-2015, 05:51 AM
Fiorni couldnt run HP ran it into the ground and got herself fired. Her plan to spur the economny is the sameOLE GOP rich mans mantra, make the rich pay less and everyone prospers.

Peter americas working people know thats a lie.

Peter1469
08-13-2015, 06:28 AM
Fiorni couldnt run HP ran it into the ground and got herself fired. Her plan to spur the economny is the sameOLE GOP rich mans mantra, make the rich pay less and everyone prospers.

Peter americas working people know thats a lie.

I disagree.

She was fired over a conflict with the owners. She saved HP.

Her economic plans will grow the economy rather than subdue it as we have seen the last 7 years.

Common
08-13-2015, 06:33 AM
She was fired because HP went down the tube they lost half their market share and the stocks were in pooper. Now if you want to call that a disagreement with her owners than youre right.

Fiorini fired thousands of workers, exported customer and tech support to india. It instantly became the worst tech and customer service in the business.

When she took over the were the number one selling ink jet home printer. Under her they started putting commands in the printer that if you dont use genuine HP ink, every time you go to print something it printed a full page of color graphs to waste your ink. The problem was it was doing it to their GENUINE ink users too. A call to tech support had you on the phone over 3 hrs trying to get it remedied by someone you couldnt understand. Their printer sales dropped like a rock and here comes brother and canon

Peter1469
08-13-2015, 06:36 AM
She was fired because HP went down the tube they lost half their market share and the stocks were in pooper. Now if you want to call that a disagreement with her owners than youre right.

Fiorini fired thousands of workers, exported customer and tech support to india. It instantly became the worst tech and customer service in the business.

When she took over the were the number one selling ink jet home printer. Under her they started putting commands in the printer that if you dont use genuine HP ink, every time you go to print something it printed a full page of color graphs to waste your ink. The problem was it was doing it to their GENUINE ink users too. A call to tech support had you on the phone over 3 hrs trying to get it remedied by someone you couldnt understand. Their printer sales dropped like a rock and here comes brother and canon

She expanded HP and made it the company that it is today. But for her, it likely would have declared bankruptcy. She was the CEO during the Dot.com bust. She did better for HP than many CEOs did with other tech companies.

midcan5
08-13-2015, 09:48 AM
I laughed the other day when the Donald said listening to her would give you a headache. A bit of her history below.

'Carly 'Profile of Carly Fiorina as chief executive of Hewlett-Packard in 1999. Worth a re-read as she starts to strike sparks in the Republican primary campaign. Her expertise is in sales and branding. She approaches leadership as a performance art: "It is all energy, all Carly, all the time". At HP she bought two corporate jets, cultivated her own celebrity, and was full of flashy new ideas — none of which came to anything.'

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/1999/1213/6414138a.html

Captain Obvious
08-13-2015, 09:58 AM
I disagree.

She was fired over a conflict with the owners. She saved HP.

Her economic plans will grow the economy rather than subdue it as we have seen the last 7 years.

She ran a major corp and regardless of it's success or failure, she probably has more experience managing, tasking and goal orienting than any candidate in the race.

And her hack critics - most of them aren't capable of managing a push mower.

Mac-7
08-13-2015, 01:38 PM
She ran a major corp and regardless of it's success or failure, she probably has more experience managing, tasking and goal orienting than any candidate in the race.

And her hack critics - most of them aren't capable of managing a push mower.

The hack critics are not saying a word about her specifics.

All the comments so far have been personal attacks on her instead of her ideas.

Captain Obvious
08-13-2015, 01:40 PM
The hack critics are not saying a word about her specifics.

All the comments so far have been personal attacks on her instead of her ideas.

That's what hacks do, both sides of the spectrum too.

I sometimes do it too but I attribute that to me being a douchebag.

Peter1469
08-13-2015, 01:41 PM
Anyway, I like Fiorina more and more every day.

Captain Obvious
08-13-2015, 01:43 PM
Anyway, I like Fiorina more and more every day.

Same here, she has my attention.

My junk however wants to hide whenever she's part of the conversation.

Mac-7
08-13-2015, 01:49 PM
That's what hacks do, both sides of the spectrum too.

I sometimes do it too but I attribute that to me being a douchebag.

The hack lib journalists are taunting Trump for "specifics."

But obviously details go right over the head of liberals anyway.

I was watching some consultant - not sure if she was a D or an R - on msnbc last night demanding specifics.

But I doubt is she has ever read a book on economics and business.

If trump gave her specifics she would be lost.

Captain Obvious
08-13-2015, 02:09 PM
The hack lib journalists are taunting Trump for "specifics."

But obviously details go right over the head of liberals anyway.

I was watching some consultant - not sure if she was a D or an R - on msnbc last night demanding specifics.

But I doubt is she has ever read a book on economics and business.

If trump gave her specifics she would be lost.

Not sure Trump could give her specifics tbh, he's been pretty rhetoric stale so far.

Hell, he was born into money, he doesn't need to know how to play the game to win. He just has to look like he knows how.

Mac-7
08-13-2015, 02:14 PM
Not sure Trump could give her specifics tbh, he's been pretty rhetoric stale so far.

Hell, he was born into money, he doesn't need to know how to play the game to win. He just has to look like he knows how.

He wasn't born with the wealth he has now.

Trump has a business education and he has amassed billions by his own efforts.

Captain Obvious
08-13-2015, 02:25 PM
He wasn't born with the wealth he has now.

Trump has a business education and he has amassed billions by his own efforts.

woosh...

Bob
08-13-2015, 02:28 PM
I laughed the other day when the Donald said listening to her would give you a headache. A bit of her history below.

'Carly 'Profile of Carly Fiorina as chief executive of Hewlett-Packard in 1999. Worth a re-read as she starts to strike sparks in the Republican primary campaign. Her expertise is in sales and branding. She approaches leadership as a performance art: "It is all energy, all Carly, all the time". At HP she bought two corporate jets, cultivated her own celebrity, and was full of flashy new ideas — none of which came to anything.'

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/1999/1213/6414138a.html

From link

Even Platt, 58, who was only the fourth chief HP has ever had, admits to some awkwardness. He praises Fiorina’s energy but says her celebrity style is “strange to me. I’m of a different era.” After all, he flew coach; she just had HP get a $30 million Gulfstream IV jet.
Platt often accompanied her on tour as she hit 20 of HP’s 50 major sites to address 18,000 workers and even more on the Web and video. He would introduce her and step back as she carped at the company he ran for eight years. “Everything about her pitch is right,” he says, but “if something’s being torn apart, it’s hard.” But HP must change, and it won’t if he sticks around, he says. This month he leaves HP for good to run the Kendall-Jackson winery.
Now the Carly Show goes public. On Nov. 30 she was to make her first face-to-face address to Wall Street analysts. A $200 million relaunch of HP’s brand has begun, with commercials that depict HP as a collection of fearless inventors. The voice-over? Carly Fiorina’s. Who does she think she is–Lee Iacocca?
She promises Wall Street that sales growth in fiscal 2000 is targeted at 15%, up from 7% in the year just ended. That still trails the 20% rate at Sun, so she also pledges operational savings, snazzy new products and daring alliances. It’s all part of her vision of HP leading a commerce-rich “Chapter 2 of the Internet,” skipping past its absence in Chapter 1.

Cigar
08-13-2015, 02:43 PM
BRICK!

http://programming4.us/image/012013/9/17588388.jpg

Mac-7
08-13-2015, 03:22 PM
woosh...

Woosh yourself.

Maybe you are ignorant of Trump's background.

Trump has a solid business education.

His father was a successful wealthy man but not on the scale that the Donald has achieved.

Captain Obvious
08-13-2015, 03:44 PM
Woosh yourself.

Maybe you are ignorant of Trump's background.

Trump has a solid business education.

His father was a successful wealthy man but not on the scale that the Donald has achieved.

Let me know when you publish his autobiography, I'll buy a copy of it, just for you.

del
08-13-2015, 05:30 PM
She expanded HP and made it the company that it is today. But for her, it likely would have declared bankruptcy. She was the CEO during the Dot.com bust. She did better for HP than many CEOs did with other tech companies.

yes, she managed to only lose half the company's value when the nasdaq overall lost 26%.

she's a genius

Captain Obvious
08-13-2015, 05:31 PM
yes, she managed to only lose half the company's value when the nasdaq overall lost 26%.

she's a genius

What did computers minus Dell do as an industry?

del
08-13-2015, 05:34 PM
What did computers minus Dell do as an industry?

i don't know and i don't care.

i do know that ms fiorina managed to fuck up two pretty good companies and walk away with millions.

do you have any idea how difficult it was to totally fuck lucent?

like i said, she's a genius.

Captain Obvious
08-13-2015, 05:40 PM
i don't know and i don't care.

i do know that ms fiorina managed to fuck up two pretty good companies and walk away with millions.

do you have any idea how difficult it was to totally fuck lucent?

like i said, she's a genius.

So you're an expert on data that supports a point but suddenly ignorant on anything marginally beyond that?

Gotcha

del
08-13-2015, 05:48 PM
So you're an expert on data that supports a point but suddenly ignorant on anything marginally beyond that?

Gotcha

i'm not an expert on anything except microwave transmission at 23GHz and above.

you don't have to be a chicken to recognize a rotten egg.

Captain Obvious
08-13-2015, 05:51 PM
i'm not an expert on anything except microwave transmission at 23GHz and above.

you don't have to be a chicken to recognize a rotten egg.

Justifying a position based on incomplete and/or misleading data and rotten eggs, awesome.

Can I subscribe to your blog?

del
08-13-2015, 05:53 PM
Justifying a position based on incomplete and/or misleading data and rotten eggs, awesome.

Can I subscribe to your blog?

you can do whatever you want, son.

i watched her fuck up lucent and hp in real time- you want to vote for her? knock yourself out.

you won't be the first one she's fooled, nor the last.

Redrose
08-13-2015, 05:55 PM

I agree with that. Many CEO's are relieved of their duties over and over in the business world. It is not necessarily a black mark on their abilities. It's business.

Captain Obvious
08-13-2015, 05:55 PM
you can do whatever you want, son.

i watched her fuck up lucent and hp in real time- you want to vote for her? knock yourself out.

you won't be the first one she's fooled, nor the last.

Thanks, pops.

Whatever I decide to do in the long run will be based on complete or as close to complete data as I feel comfortable with, not hearsay and rumors.

I'm funny like that.

del
08-13-2015, 05:58 PM
Thanks, pops.

Whatever I decide to do in the long run will be based on complete or as close to complete data as I feel comfortable with, not hearsay and rumors.

I'm funny like that.

good for you

have a parade