PDA

View Full Version : Ban the pills, not the guns

Peter1469
08-14-2015, 04:51 PM
Ban the pills, not the guns (http://beforeitsnews.com/health/2015/08/ban-the-pills-not-the-guns-2585168.html)

Gun grabbers are so hung up on guns that they fail to see the real problem- the prescription drugs that seem to turn up in all of these mass murder incidents.

The correlation between psychiatric drugs and random acts of violence and homicide is well documented as the Food and Drug Administration requires black box warnings on the inserts of psychotropic drugs with regard to their relationship to violent behavior. Also, America has seen hundreds of cases where high profile acts of mass murder which were committed by individuals under the influence of psychiatric drugs.

On the infamous date of April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado, 18-year-old Eric Harris and his accomplice, Dylan Klebold, killed 12 students and a teacher and also wounded 26 others before killing themselves. Harris was on the antidepressant Luvox. Klebold’s was probably on psychotropic medication but his medical records remain sealed, leaving the public to wonder what the government was hiding. Both shooters had been in anger-management classes and had undergone counseling. In the same familiar pattern, Harris had also been seeing a psychiatrist before the shooting.
In Conyers, Georgia, on May 20, 1999, 15-year-old T.J. Solomon was being treated with the stimulant Ritalin when he opened fire on and wounded six of his classmates. Ritalin is meth, pure and simple. How could any reasonable person expect a different result?
On March 7, 2001, in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, 14-year-old Elizabeth Bush was taking the antidepressant Prozac when she shot at fellow students, wounding one.
On March 22, 2001, at El Cajon, California, 18-year-old Jason Hoffman, while taking the antidepressants Celexa and Effexor, wounded three students and two teachers at his High School. He, too, had been seeing a psychiatrist before the shooting.

See the link for a longer list of mass murders and prescription meds (with black box warnings.)

Howey
08-14-2015, 04:59 PM
In my opinion calling those who want responsible changes to laws regarding gun possession, use, and management names such as "gun grabbers" is a dishonest meme.

Private Pickle
08-14-2015, 05:00 PM
Ban the pills, not the guns (http://beforeitsnews.com/health/2015/08/ban-the-pills-not-the-guns-2585168.html)

Gun grabbers are so hung up on guns that they fail to see the real problem- the prescription drugs that seem to turn up in all of these mass murder incidents.

See the link for a longer list of mass murders and prescription meds (with black box warnings.)

Here is a novel approach. Hold the people accountable for what they do and stop trying to place blame on inanimate objects and nebulous terms.

Private Pickle
08-14-2015, 05:01 PM
In my opinion calling those who want responsible changes to laws regarding gun possession, use, and management names such as "gun grabbers" is a dishonest meme.

Well show me that person and I'll name them accordingly...

Peter1469
08-14-2015, 05:01 PM

Whatever. There are plenty of hard left people who respect the Second Amendment to ensure that the gun grabbers will never get any new laws passed.

:smiley:

Ravens Fan
08-14-2015, 05:03 PM
I disagree on banning the pills, but am all for educating those who automatically blame guns or flags or Glenn Beck or anything other than the person.

Lineman
08-14-2015, 06:50 PM
Ban the kinds of medications that cause psychotic outbursts and episodes. How can medication that causes such side effects be helpful?