PDA

View Full Version : Clinton’s team went from nonchalant to nervous over e-mail controversy

Peter1469
08-15-2015, 12:52 AM
Clinton’s team went from nonchalant to nervous over e-mail controversy (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-clintons-team-went-from-nonchalant-to-nervous-over-e-mail-controversy/2015/08/14/347f1066-405e-11e5-9561-4b3dc93e3b9a_story.html)
The Washington Post continues to investigate the criminal probe into the former Sec of State.

The next week, however, law enforcement officials became interested, and the campaign’s apparent lack of concern began to turn into a sense of anxiety.

“They’re worried about it,” said a longtime Clinton adviser and confidant who agreed to discuss the mood of the campaign team only on the condition of anonymity. “They don’t know where it goes. That’s the problem.”

The controversy over her private e-mail setup has moved into a new and, potentially, more serious phase. What had begun five months ago as a relatively narrow question about proper archiving of public records has become a bigger, more politically dangerous one: Whether the then-secretary of state and her close aides, in choosing to use a private e-mail system, disregarded common sense and may have put sensitive information at risk of falling into the wrong hands.

The first warning came July 31 when a Justice Department prosecutor called Clinton’s longtime lawyer, David Kendall, seeking a thumb drive that contained a copy of the 30,000 e-mails that Clinton had turned over earlier to the State Department, according to a person briefed about the conversation. Six days later, Kendall turned over to the FBI his thumb drive — and two copies — which had been stored in a safe in his office provided by the State Department. Next, the FBI wanted Clinton’s private server. That too, has been handed over, arriving in government hands Wednesday afternoon from the New Jersey data center where it was being kept.

Obama does not like the Clintons, so don't expect him to call off the FBI and Justice Department.

Peter1469
08-15-2015, 12:56 AM
A liar (http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/251192-poll-most-think-clinton-knowingly-lied-about-emails). Not a good image for someone running for President.

A majority of Americans believe Hillary Clinton lied about having sensitive national intelligence on her private email server, a new poll finds.

Fifty-eight percent of voters believe Clinton “knowingly lied” last March by claiming her personal email server lacked any classified information, according to a Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/08/14/fox-news-poll-voters-say-clinton-lied-about-emails-put-us-at-risk/?intcmp=hpbt3) poll released a Friday.

Another 33 percent believe there is “another explanation” for having “top-secret” information on the device.

Most also think the Democratic presidential candidate endangered the U.S. by using a private server while at the State Department.

The poll found that 54 percent feel Clinton’s use of the device jeopardized national security, while 37 percent don't think her decision threatened America’s safety.

Redrose
08-15-2015, 01:32 AM
Clinton’s team went from nonchalant to nervous over e-mail controversy (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-clintons-team-went-from-nonchalant-to-nervous-over-e-mail-controversy/2015/08/14/347f1066-405e-11e5-9561-4b3dc93e3b9a_story.html)

The Washington Post continues to investigate the criminal probe into the former Sec of State.

Obama does not like the Clintons, so don't expect him to call off the FBI and Justice Department.

Even the best TEFLON wears out over time.

Peter1469
08-15-2015, 01:34 AM
A criminal indictment is likely at this point- a real one. Not a politically motivated one like with Perry.

When I mentioned that last year, most laughed.

Redrose
08-15-2015, 02:49 AM
A criminal indictment is likely at this point- a real one. Not a politically motivated one like with Perry.

When I mentioned that last year, most laughed.

I agree, but with all the powerful connections the Clinton's apparently have, do you think anything will come of it?

I believe she (they) have pushed the envelope too far and this may be her demise. I truly hope so.
We deserve much better than her.

AeonPax
08-15-2015, 03:09 AM
`
`
Interesting turn of events. If she is indeed guilty, let justice prevail.

midcan5
08-15-2015, 06:29 AM
Hillary must have known everything she has ever done would now be labeled 'criminal' by the right wing republicans and others. When Colin Powell had the same private server and destroyed all the emails, nothing was said. Why? If something is 'criminal' is it not criminal for all. Of course not. When Billy won every time the man farted he was investigated as was Hillary, our politics has become a cesspool and oddly most have no sense of smell when hatred and partisanship manage the mind.

Peter1469
08-15-2015, 07:19 AM
Hillary must have known everything she has ever done would now be labeled 'criminal' by the right wing republicans and others. When Colin Powell had the same private server and destroyed all the emails, nothing was said. Why? If something is 'criminal' is it not criminal for all. Of course not. When Billy won every time the man farted he was investigated as was Hillary, our politics has become a cesspool and oddly most have no sense of smell when hatred and partisanship manage the mind.

Did Powell also have classified information on his private server? If so, he committed crimes as well.

Are your shoulders sore from all the bucket carrying?

texan
08-15-2015, 09:58 AM
I don't understand how she could hand a thumb drive with top secret info over to a some lawyer with no clearance. That alone would seem troublesome judgement.

These people are dishonest and always have been. I don't believe everything that is hyped up about them but they do so many shady things it should stop democrats in their boots. Slow the horses down on these two people. I mean to claim 15 mil in charitable donations on the surface and then when someone digs 14.8 is to their own charity which obviously delivers tax free lifestyle should be concerning on its own.

Taking money from foreign govs while in office, huh? Doesn't anything like this matter anymore? These notes I am making are not in dispute.

Peter1469
08-15-2015, 09:59 AM
Yes, mishandling classified material is criminal.

Mac-7
08-15-2015, 10:23 AM

Colin Powell had a government email account for official business along with his private server for personal emails

PolWatch
08-15-2015, 11:55 AM
Hit piece hanger4

hanger4
08-15-2015, 12:56 PM
Hit piece hanger4Then point out the lie/s and or strawmen PolWatchBTW if you've been reading up on HC's email kerfuffles you'd know this is more of a puff piece.

Common
08-15-2015, 12:58 PM
I think hillary has alot to worry about now. I think all the investigations and allegations are starting to wear her image down and evidence of that is Joe Biden considering jumping in. If Hillary was strong he would even consider it.

From where I sit, Id say the republicans chance of winning Potus in 2016 is a lot Higher than it was 6 months ago.

PolWatch
08-15-2015, 01:38 PM
Then point out the lie/s and or strawmen @PolWatch (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1099)BTW if you've been reading up on HC's email kerfuffles you'd know this is more of a puff piece.

oh gee, I don't know....perhaps because the story is about possible feelings based on statements of people who are speaking on 'condition of anonymity.' Rumors about possible anxiety? Controversy moving into new potentially serious area? That is what the story is about....rumors. Who is talking about what new information? No one willing to give their name. What new information? Nothing but the possibility of potentially serious area?

There are reports that Perry is seriously concerned about the possibility of a potential prison sentence for his reported illegal activities.

You would never object to that story....would you? Same amount of fact involved....the difference is you want to believe anything about a dem and nothing about a repub.

Mister D
08-15-2015, 01:44 PM
oh gee, I don't know....perhaps because the story is about possible feelings based on statements of people who are speaking on 'condition of anonymity.' Rumors about possible anxiety? Controversy moving into new potentially serious area? That is what the story is about....rumors. Who is talking about what new information? No one willing to give their name. What new information? Nothing but the possibility of potentially serious area?

There are reports that Perry is seriously concerned about the possibility of a potential prison sentence for his reported illegal activities.

You would never object to that story....would you? Same amount of fact involved....the difference is you want to believe anything about a dem and nothing about a repub.

Let's say Perry is a child molester and serial killer who will be going to prison for a thousand years. What does that have to do with Hillary Clinton? Nothing, right?

PolWatch
08-15-2015, 01:50 PM
Let's say Perry is a child molester and serial killer who will be going to prison for a thousand years. What does that have to do with Hillary Clinton? Nothing, right?

I think you are missing the point. I was was demonstrating that a statement that looks like it contains facts can actually be mouthfuls of mush....no fact. Both items are unsubstantiated rumors about possible feelings. Rumors of possible feelings of anxiety or concern are newsworthy?

hanger4
08-15-2015, 02:06 PM
oh gee, I don't know....perhaps because the story is about possible feelings based on statements of people who are speaking on 'condition of anonymity.' Rumors about possible anxiety? Controversy moving into new potentially serious area? That is what the story is about....rumors. Who is talking about what new information? No one willing to give their name. What new information? Nothing but the possibility of potentially serious area?There are reports that Perry is seriously concerned about the possibility of a potential prison sentence for his reported illegal activities. You would never object to that story....would you? Same amount of fact involved....the difference is you want to believe anything about a dem and nothing about a repub.Ok lets say the rumors, as you like to call them, aren't true. What facts given in the left of center WayPo story aren't true. HC has lied repeatedly about her email situation. The FBI is investigating the possible mishandling of classified materials. What lies or strawmen PolWatch ??

PolWatch
08-15-2015, 02:19 PM
What new facts are presented as being worthy of increased concern? Change the name to someone YOU don't dislike....do you see anything that would make you think this was new, vital information? Its a hit piece. Those who want to see something negative in nothing have leaped on it.

Nebulous rumors of possible feelings....meh

hanger4
08-15-2015, 03:02 PM
What new facts are presented as being worthy of increased concern? Change the name to someone YOU don't dislike....do you see anything that would make you think this was new, vital information? Its a hit piece. Those who want to see something negative in nothing have leaped on it. Nebulous rumors of possible feelings....mehOk, it's a hit piece, devoid of lies and strawmen. :grin:Lady madona's going down because of the truth, not rumors and innuendo.

Peter1469
08-15-2015, 03:06 PM
Colin Powell had a government email account for official business along with his private server for personal emails

That is what all political appointees are supposed to do. I would add the private account is for personal and political reasons. They are not supposed to use their government account for politics.

PolWatch
08-15-2015, 03:10 PM
Ok, it's a hit piece, devoid of lies and strawmen. :grin:Lady madona's going down because of the truth, not rumors and innuendo.

Very possible.....but that doesn't change the fact that this is nothing but a hit piece containing nothing but innuendo & rumors.

Peter1469
08-15-2015, 03:11 PM
Harry Reid said that Mitt had not paid his taxes in over 10 years based on what someone said over the phone.... The MSM ate that up.

hanger4
08-15-2015, 03:24 PM
Very possible.....but that doesn't change the fact that this is nothing but a hit piece containing nothing but innuendo & rumors.

Riiiiiiiight PolWatch and the FBI didn't collect HC's personal server and the FBI didn't collect a thumb drive and two copies from longtime Clinton lawyer, David Kendall of the emails HC gave to State and the IG's didn't discover sensitive information on some of said emails. All of which was stated in your hit piece. You're right PolWatch it's all rumor and innuendo.

PolWatch
08-15-2015, 03:31 PM
Is the article about those facts or is it about reported 'feelings'?????

Ransom
08-15-2015, 03:34 PM
I think what you're beginning to see is a realization, a shift in defensive tactics by the Clinton campaign who even when her defenders and apologists continue to deny and deflect....... this has become more than rumor/innuendo, any nonpartisan can see that.

PolWatch
08-15-2015, 03:36 PM
How about this? Is it factual or a hit piece?

Insiders worry the mogul will damage the eventual nominee and hurt a party struggling to connect with women and minorities.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/trump-bump-terrifies-gop-119449.html#ixzz3iuyluCtS

Ransom
08-15-2015, 03:37 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/08/14/first-in-fox-news-first-poll-shows-hillary-way-under-water-in-swing-states/

Houston, we have a problem.

PolWatch
08-15-2015, 03:38 PM
or this? Factual or statement of rumor/opinion?
Trump’s Got the GOP by the Ballshttp://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/07/10/trump-s-got-the-gop-by-the-balls.html

hanger4
08-15-2015, 03:57 PM
How about this? Is it factual or a hit piece?

Insiders worry the mogul will damage the eventual nominee and hurt a party struggling to connect with women and minorities.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/trump-bump-terrifies-gop-119449.html#ixzz3iuyluCtS

or this? Factual or statement of rumor/opinion?
Trump’s Got the GOP by the Ballshttp://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/07/10/trump-s-got-the-gop-by-the-balls.html

Both are OP's based on the facts at hand. You're really having problems with this hit piece thingy.

gamewell45
08-15-2015, 04:12 PM
I think you are missing the point. I was was demonstrating that a statement that looks like it contains facts can actually be mouthfuls of mush....no fact. Both items are unsubstantiated rumors about possible feelings. Rumors of possible feelings of anxiety or concern are newsworthy?
I think in the partisan world, it is to them. They need to constantly reassure themselves due to a possible inferiority complex. Jus' sayin'.

Mister D
08-15-2015, 04:13 PM
I think in the partisan world, it is to them. They need to constantly reassure themselves due to a possible inferiority complex. Jus' sayin'.

^^^This was the guy who defended Brian Williams. lol

gamewell45
08-15-2015, 04:16 PM
^^^This was the guy who defended Brian Williams. lol

Brian Williams wasn't running for office, so it wasn't partisan politics. There is a difference you know.

Mister D
08-15-2015, 04:17 PM
Brian Williams wasn't running for office, so it wasn't partisan politics. There is a difference you know.

Defending Brian Williams (rather lamely I might add) is about as partisan as it gets.

gamewell45
08-15-2015, 04:21 PM
Defending Brian Williams (rather lamely I might add) is about as partisan as it gets.

haha....well, both you and i will just have to agree to disagree on this thread.

Mister D
08-15-2015, 04:23 PM
haha....well, both you and i will just have to agree to disagree on this thread.

Sure, buddy. :smiley:

hanger4
08-15-2015, 04:24 PM

Actually neither of you were discussing the OP.

Mister D
08-15-2015, 04:27 PM
Actually neither of you were discussing the OP.

Virtually every discussion around here pertaining to American politics becomes a succession of tu quoque arguments. Pardon me for trying to fit in.