PDA

View Full Version : Good News for America and Americans

Cigar
08-07-2012, 11:52 AM
U.S. Job Openings May Presage Hiring Gains in Second Half of Year: Economy

Job openings in the U.S. rose in June to the highest level in four years, indicating employment gains may accelerate in the second half of the year.

The number of positions waiting to be filled climbed by 105,000 to 3.76 million, the most since July 2008, from a revised 3.66 million the prior month, the Labor Department said today in Washington. Hiring and firings cooled.

A rising need for workers shows some employers are expanding as sales improve, laying the ground for a pickup in hiring that may help boost consumer spending, which accounts for about 70 percent of the economy. Payrolls rose more than forecast in July even as the unemployment rate climbed to a five-month high, the Labor Department reported last week.

“The economy is still growing, that’s underpinning labor demand,” said Henry Mo, a senior economist at Credit Suisse in New York. “Job availability is increasing, but we still need to see employers put this into action. The economy will grow a little better in the second half than in the first half and the labor market will improve gradually.”

Read more: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-08-07/job-openings-in-the-u-s-increased-in-june-hiring-dropped.html

I'm certain this will make everyone happy for their fellow American's :applause:

Chris
08-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Except it hasn't happened yet, as it depends on employers putting it into action, which is unlikely given the mess of an unstable government we have.

Cigar
08-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Except it hasn't happened yet, as it depends on employers putting it into action, which is unlikely given the mess of an unstable government we have.

Good ... So you agree it doesn't depend on Job Availability :)

Chris
08-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Good ... So you agree it doesn't depend on Job Availability :)

Good, now you've disagreed with yourself.

URF8
08-07-2012, 02:28 PM
There are plenty of jobs available. The reason those jobs can't be filled is because too few Americans are sufficiently well educated and skilled to perform the work.

Mainecoons
08-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Is it just me or is the OP contradictory?

Hiring and firings cooled. . . . .

Payrolls rose more than forecast in July even as the unemployment rate climbed to a five-month high, the Labor Department reported last week.

??????

Trinnity
08-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Spin, and not even good spin. The jobs picture is bleak.

Goldie Locks
08-07-2012, 06:46 PM
Too bad our education system is so bad there is no one qualified to fill those positions.

Captain Obvious
08-07-2012, 11:26 PM
The job situation is slowly strengthening but you won't see anything from fringe conservatives but lies and spin. They don't want the economy to improve under an unpopular democratic POTUS.

Remember, this is the same crowd that cheered the loss of a US city Olympic bid because it was BO's home turf. Politics comes first, America is a somewhat distant second with these people.

Mainecoons
08-08-2012, 06:59 AM
Obvious, any way you spin it, the jobs situation is grim and recovery so weak it is almost meaningless. Plenty of data have been posted here to confirm that. The biggie is the huge jump in the number who have quit looking for work and the number who are subsisting on part time, usually no-benefit, jobs. While the crash was caused by a housing bubble burst created by decades of bad policy across both Republican and Democratic administrations, you can't deny that the recovery under Obama has been the worst in history, exceeded only by the Roosevelt debacle.

And the causes are the same--the chilling effect of runaway government, constant verbal and regulatory assault against entrepreneurs and one bad idea after another from D.C. The job creators are on strike, pure and simple. You watch, if Obama and his administration of crooks, liars, radicals and incompetents are thrown out in November, the recovery will begin weeks after the election. It won't be a boomer because there are world-level structural problems but it won't be a non-starter like now.

Cigar
08-08-2012, 07:57 AM
Obvious, any way you spin it, the jobs situation is grim and recovery so weak it is almost meaningless.

It's better than the way Bush left it ... :)

Cigar
08-08-2012, 07:58 AM
Is it just me or is the OP contradictory?

??????

More people are back looking for Work ... look it up sport

Captain Obvious
08-08-2012, 08:05 AM
Obvious, any way you spin it, the jobs situation is grim and recovery so weak it is almost meaningless. Plenty of data have been posted here to confirm that. The biggie is the huge jump in the number who have quit looking for work and the number who are subsisting on part time, usually no-benefit, jobs. While the crash was caused by a housing bubble burst created by decades of bad policy across both Republican and Democratic administrations, you can't deny that the recovery under Obama has been the worst in history, exceeded only by the Roosevelt debacle.

And the causes are the same--the chilling effect of runaway government, constant verbal and regulatory assault against entrepreneurs and one bad idea after another from D.C. The job creators are on strike, pure and simple. You watch, if Obama and his administration of crooks, liars, radicals and incompetents are thrown out in November, the recovery will begin weeks after the election. It won't be a boomer because there are world-level structural problems but it won't be a non-starter like now.

All lies.

Signs of recovery are everywhere. I have no doubt that you will heed my advice, but if you take your head out of the sand for once you just might see it.

patrickt
08-08-2012, 08:07 AM
The article cited in the OP has government statistics, the accuracy of which is well established, melded with a number of sentences which include the word "may". Cigar might, some day, have a clue as to what is good news for foreign cultures like Americans but it may be hopeless for President Obama to learn enough of a foreign culture to understand.

Chris
08-08-2012, 08:13 AM
More people are back looking for Work ... look it up sport

That wasn't maine's question and more people looking for work wasn't even part of your OP.

Chris
08-08-2012, 08:14 AM
All lies.

Signs of recovery are everywhere. I have no doubt that you will heed my advice, but if you take your head out of the sand for once you just might see it.

OK, Obvious, tell us what the lies are.

Cigar
08-08-2012, 08:16 AM
My Balance Sheets don't Lie ... :)

But yours may tell the truth about you.

Captain Obvious
08-08-2012, 08:17 AM
Why bother? You're just going to see what you want to see anyway.

I don't have the patience for it, especially you Chris. I can give you the answer 100 times and you'll just continue to ask the same question.

Chris
08-08-2012, 08:19 AM
Why bother? You're just going to see what you want to see anyway.

I don't have the patience for it, especially you Chris. I can give you the answer 100 times and you'll just continue to ask the same question.

Then I don't believe you have an answer. Nice bluff though.

Mainecoons
08-08-2012, 10:31 AM
My Balance Sheets don't Lie ... :)

But yours may tell the truth about you.

I, I, I, I. Cigar's world of one--himself.

:grin: