PDA

View Full Version : Hillary supporters ask her to bow out gracefully

Peter1469
08-18-2015, 03:24 AM
Hillary supporters ask her to bow out gracefully (http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/aug/17/hillary-clinton-white-house-too-much-baggage)

They see the writing on the wall. And the big picture. Perhaps it is better for Clinton to cite personal reasons and exit the race for the White House. It certainly won't look good if she is frog marched into court while running for the highest office of the land.

For Clinton even to consider halting her campaign would, of course, be wrenching, and not only for reasons of personal ambition. As her loyalty to her parents and her wayward husband showed, she is imbued with a deep sense of duty, and duty doubtless plays a role in her campaign. As the one woman with the profile and fundraising capacity to reach the White House in 2016, she would surely prefer to entrust her fate first to the delegates of the Democratic convention and then to the voters of the United States. This would be understandable but misguided. In any pursuit there comes a point of no return, and with a pre-campaign fixture – the Iowa State Fair (http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/15/bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-iowa) – out of the way, that point is fast approaching.

As it happens, yesterday was the anniversary of Bill Clinton’s public admission (http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/august/17/newsid_4537000/4537597.stm) of his relationship with Monica Lewinsky. Today is the anniversary of that gruesome family tableau – Hillary, Chelsea, Bill, and dog Buddy (http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/white-house-us-president-bill-clinton-first-lady-hillary-news-photo/109282182) – taking the long walk across the White House lawn to the helicopter that would whisk them away to their holiday on Martha’s Vineyard.

In the 17 years since then, Clinton has become the first former first lady to win a Senate seat, and the first woman to be elected as a US senator for New York. These years also included her defeat for the Democratic nomination (http://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/jun/04/barackobama.hillaryclin) to the one candidate in a generation whose appeal outstripped hers. And she spent four of them travelling the world as US secretary of state. It is a distinguished and remarkable career, but it is now time to call it quits, while the decision is still hers to make.

She can cite personal reasons (concerns about her husband’s health, for instance), or the hope that she has left time for another woman – the Massachusetts senator Elizabeth Warren, or the health secretary, Kathleen Sebelius – to run. But call it quits she should, unbeaten.

whatukno
08-18-2015, 03:32 AM
Gracefully? Hell no, I want her to rage quit!

Mac-7
08-18-2015, 03:39 AM
I only see one Hillary supporter.

And she makes her living as a writer.

so I'm not sure what qualifies her to speak for all the hungry and shoeless liberals who need a nanny figure like hillary to take care of them.

Peter1469
08-18-2015, 03:39 AM
lol

Common
08-18-2015, 04:04 AM
If you do alot of reading its becoming apparent people are tiring of the scandals and im talking her supporters. I read this article peter and theres others saying the same thing. Shes not dead in the water yet thats for sure and I think by the end of september all this will iron out and we'll see the real deal. Thats goes for the republicans as well

Bo-4
08-18-2015, 07:58 AM
Supporters?

I guess the one "Hillary supporter" who asked her to bow out had a mouse in her pocket when she wrote that? ;-)

Cigar
08-18-2015, 08:03 AM
More wishful thinking from the right, but ain't going to happen.

The Clintons have been investigated for about as long as I have been living.

Nutt'en Yet ...

PolWatch
08-18-2015, 08:07 AM
I have always suspected that Hillary was the throw-away candidate. The nomination would be her reward for years of party loyalty since the dems had little chance of winning. 2016 should be the GOP's year. Trump has splintered the repub party and the dem candiate now has a real shot at the WH. In fact, the further Trump goes, the more the possibility we will see a dem win in 2016.....if they can front someone without so much baggage.

Common Sense
08-18-2015, 08:18 AM
One British journalist does not equal "supporters".

But she is right. Much like Obama the Republicans wont work with her.

PolWatch
08-18-2015, 08:40 AM
One British journalist does not equal "supporters".

But she is right. Much like Obama the Republicans wont work with her.

I don't think any candidate can expect the other party to work with them. We have a political climate that looks more toward partisan interests than national interests. It doesn't matter if the other guy has a good idea, it must be defeated because he is the other guy!

birddog
08-18-2015, 10:47 AM
More wishful thinking from the right, but ain't going to happen.

The Clintons have been investigated for about as long as I have been living.

Nutt'en Yet ...

You and the truth are far apart! :rollseyes:

Cigar
08-18-2015, 10:50 AM
You and the truth are far apart! :rollseyes:

You seam to be quite worried about this Hillary Clinton person. :laugh:

birddog
08-18-2015, 10:57 AM
You seam to be quite worried about this Hillary Clinton person. :laugh:

Not really, if she is nominated, the R nominee will beat her pants off! That would be a ghastly sight however!

maineman
08-18-2015, 12:10 PM
Not really, if she is nominated, the R nominee will beat her pants off! That would be a ghastly sight however!

oh really?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_presidential_race.html

Ransom
08-18-2015, 12:21 PM
oh really?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_presidential_race.html

What did you think of the recent toiletgate revelations?

Ransom
08-18-2015, 12:30 PM
I have always suspected that Hillary was the throw-away candidate. The nomination would be her reward for years of party loyalty since the dems had little chance of winning. 2016 should be the GOP's year. Trump has splintered the repub party and the dem candiate now has a real shot at the WH. In fact, the further Trump goes, the more the possibility we will see a dem win in 2016.....if they can front someone without so much baggage.

Nice deflection. By the 4th sentence, Trump is mentioned. By the end of the post, he's the main focus. Look to the title of this thread.

The agenda isn't that transparent.

Darmosiel
08-18-2015, 12:31 PM
Clinton will never make it to Court and the GOP knows it.
They are doing everything they can to discredit her and drag her through the mud on purpose.

Legally she did nothing wrong because LEGALLY she did not have hand ANY email over to anyone.
She should have denied all access to her email just like Colin Powell did.

The law pertaining to cabinet email did not go into effect until AFTER she left the Office.

Hillary Clinton's Emails: What You Need to Know

http://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton-email-private-server-top-secret-362822

As NPR (http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/04/02/396823014/fact-check-hillary-clinton-those-emails-and-the-law) reported in early April, the Federal Records Act, which became law in 1950, requires federal employees to keep copies of their communications. It was amended in 2014 by President Barack Obama to require federal employees to transfer personal emails to government servers within 20 days. But that change to the law was made after Clinton left the State Department, her attorneys have argued, and therefore did not apply to her when she was secretary.

Cigar
08-18-2015, 12:34 PM
They are doing everything they can to discredit her and drag her through the mud on purpose.

Legally she did nothing wrong because LEGALLY she did not have hand ANY email over to anyone.

The law pertaining to cabinet email did not go into effect until AFTER she left the Office.

They have been doing that for more than 30 years :laugh: ... how's that worked out for them? :grin:

Ransom
08-18-2015, 12:38 PM
She brings much of this on herself. But I'd like to highlight she is also dividing the Dems much like the charge that Trump is dividing the Right. Bernie Sanders is making inroads, huge numbers at his events, entertaining as well when he gets the mic ripped out of his hands.

Joe Biden is getting into the ring.....perhaps. And there are some dark horses......it is very very early, I still expect to see a Jim Webb make a difference. Perhaps a surprise superstar like this Baltimore Prosecutor who throws murder charges around like candy at parades.

But note the circle the wagons thing as well with the Dems. Many who consider her inevitable.....are clearly in defense mode, ignoring daily facts proving we cannot trust her, I think the herd mentality defending her is much more noteworthy than the Trump phenom. Her defenders immediately leap to deflect, you cannot discuss Hillary without the constant distractor.

Pay attention to our forum and watch. If the word Hillary is used, the word Trump or Bush or Cheney will soon follow with a side of 'you hate women' charges. See if I'm not correct, go back and read this thread for example.

zelmo1234
08-18-2015, 12:40 PM
The closer we get to the election, the more the Democrats need this to go away. We are far enough now, so that it is not an issue.

Clinton leads in all of the national polls because the GOP vote is split so many ways and she is the presumed candidate. But she has a real issue. She is not over 50% in any of the swing states, and she has been falling.

Sanders while an honorable man is very old and I don't feel is electable. So if the DNC is not going to hang there hat on Hillary, they will need to get someone in the race within about the next e months, or it will be very hard for them to win.

Ransom
08-18-2015, 12:41 PM

Hillary Clinton's Emails: What You Need to Know

http://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton-email-private-server-top-secret-362822

As NPR (http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/04/02/396823014/fact-check-hillary-clinton-those-emails-and-the-law) reported in early April, the Federal Records Act, which became law in 1950, requires federal employees to keep copies of their communications. It was amended in 2014 by President Barack Obama to require federal employees to transfer personal emails to government servers within 20 days. But that change to the law was made after Clinton left the State Department, her attorneys have argued, and therefore did not apply to her when she was secretary.

I swear to God. I did not read this post before I made my own that precedes it.

But, thank you for this, D, I didn;t even call for an audio/visual assist but....one came blasting through none the less.

How sweet it is!