PDA

View Full Version : Illegals and Operation Wet Back

Peter1469
08-19-2015, 03:28 AM
Illegals and Operation Wet Back (http://www.dcclothesline.com/2015/04/03/cant-make-illegals-leave-the-country-eisenhower-did3-million-of-them/)

President Eisenhower was able to secure the border and deport illegals. Operation Wet Back was a success then and should be brought back today.

Dwight D Eisenhower (http://www.dcclothesline.com/2014/06/22/america-dealt-illegal-immigration-ike-showed-us-way/) was the first president who had to deal with illegal immigration (http://www.dcclothesline.com/2015/02/04/obama-wants-throw-1-billion-us-taxpayer-money-central-america-stop-illegal-immigration/). A study in Texas found that in areas where there were lots of illegals, the pay was half of what fruit and vegetable pickers received in the rest of the state. He knew that as long as they were willing to take less money farmers would continue to use them in greater numbers. Since he was the president of the United States and not Mexico, he took firm and immediate action.

The first thing he did was to seal the border (http://www.dcclothesline.com/2013/12/28/texas-closes-border-stops-tide-illegals-3-weeks/). It is interesting to note he was able to do it with only 1,075 border patrol agents. That’s less than 10% of what we have today. I realize that technology has evolved, but it evolved for both sides. The operation is still well known for it’s efficiency throughout the Border Control agency.

Now, he had to face the 3 million illegals that were in the country. Never was amnesty (http://www.dcclothesline.com/2015/03/26/video-pro-amnesty-illinois-rep-luis-gutierrez-booed-off-the-stage-at-usc/) a possibility. No one felt white guilt and no one accused Eisenhower of being a racist and even if they would have, Eisenhower wouldn’t care. He fought and defeated nazis once and he knew he could do it again. . Eisenhower saw only one solution. Send them back to Mexico and other countries. Eisenhower was also aware that farmers making huge profits by using illegal labor had the kind of money to buy politicians (Comcast, Microsoft and Google?) They were loathe to give up their profits. Eisenhower did not pander to the farmers for huge campaign contributions:

Howey
08-19-2015, 04:43 AM
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/jun/10/chain-email/chain-e-mail-says-three-presidents-deported-total-/

http://www.factcheck.org/2010/07/hoover-truman-ike-mass-deporters/

Howey
08-19-2015, 04:44 AM
Gotta love blogs that cite themselves as sources. Tight investigative werk Peter!

Mac-7
08-19-2015, 05:09 AM
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/jun/10/chain-email/chain-e-mail-says-three-presidents-deported-total-/

Sorry howey but but politifact is nothing more than a leftwing blog itself.

Here is the key phrase in it and your report:

"Our experts estimated"

Peter1469
08-19-2015, 05:12 AM
Don't troll Howey. Your sources are less trustworthy than the one that I linked to.

Cthulhu
08-19-2015, 05:31 AM
Illegals and Operation Wet Back (http://www.dcclothesline.com/2015/04/03/cant-make-illegals-leave-the-country-eisenhower-did3-million-of-them/)

President Eisenhower was able to secure the border and deport illegals. Operation Wet Back was a success then and should be brought back today.
Lol.

We have the technology to track down wild moose for years and monitor their numbers.

But it is impossible to find millions of illegal immigrants?

It always makes me giggle.

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.

Mac-7
08-19-2015, 05:33 AM
Lol.

We have the technology to track down wild moose for years and monitor their numbers.

But it is impossible to find millions of illegal immigrants?

It always makes me giggle.

This is the only country to land men on the moon and bring them back to earth safely.

we can seal the boarder if we choose to.

midcan5
08-19-2015, 06:02 AM
One item missing in these discussions is who is going to investigate and enforce the law on illegals? Lots come and never leave and they are not all Mexicans as Trump would have you believe. It would take a great buildup of state and federal agencies and personnel. Doesn't this contradict the republican mantra to reduce government and deficits? Seems like just a lot of talk to sooth and comfort the base.

AeonPax
08-19-2015, 06:25 AM
Illegals and Operation Wet Back (http://www.dcclothesline.com/2015/04/03/cant-make-illegals-leave-the-country-eisenhower-did3-million-of-them/)President Eisenhower was able to secure the border and deport illegals. Operation Wet Back was a success then and should be brought back today.
`
The gist of the article is politically oriented, not factually, when it comes to border security. It compares Obama to Eisenhower by contrasting donations. It does not take into account the change in dynamics, technological, economic and cultural changes between the 1950's and 2015, which renders the entire article as just an opinion piece, void of any meaningful data.

hanger4
08-19-2015, 06:27 AM

Howey your two links substantiate Peters OP. The only thing in question were the numbers. The factcheckers claim about 2mil. The OP claims about 3mil.

Question, did you read your links ??

Common
08-19-2015, 06:38 AM
If they deported 10 thats 10 less and it was a step in the right direction. No one can justfiy whats been going on the last 10 yrs at our border and what it has COST every single american in cash and jobs and everything else. This must stop

Mac-7
08-19-2015, 06:41 AM
One item missing in these discussions is who is going to investigate and enforce the law on illegals?

Lots come and never leave and they are not all Mexicans as Trump would have you believe.

It would take a great buildup of state and federal agencies and personnel. Doesn't this contradict the republican mantra to reduce government and deficits? Seems like just a lot of talk to sooth and comfort the base.

Trump has never said all the illegals are Mexicans.

But so far he has talked more about the southern border than about foreign students and tourists who break the immigration laws.

But that can be fixed also by a few changes in the law and implementing e-verify.

Mac-7
08-19-2015, 06:44 AM
If they deported 10 thats 10 less and it was a step in the right direction. No one can justfiy whats been going on the last 10 yrs at our border and what it has COST every single american in cash and jobs and everything else. This must stop

Everything depends on securing the border.

These Mexican criminals murdering people have a long record of felony arrests and deportations.

But they just slip back across the border and continue their life of crime.

Howey
08-19-2015, 09:13 AM
Howey your two links substantiate Peters OP. The only thing in question were the numbers. The factcheckers claim about 2mil. The OP claims about 3mil.

Question, did you read your links ??

yes I did and the fact checkers numbers were far lower. Please don't mention me again.

Mac-7
08-19-2015, 09:45 AM
yes I did and the fact checkers numbers were far lower. Please don't mention me again.

An estimate of 2,000 is FAR LOWER than 3,000?

Not to me it isn't.

No one knows the exact number and are all guessing.

Captain Obvious
08-19-2015, 09:47 AM
An estimate of 2,000 is FAR LOWER than 3,000?

Not to me it isn't.

No one knows the exact number and are all guessing.

Depends on the population.

If you lost 1/3 of your brain cells sneezing, nobody would notice.

hanger4
08-19-2015, 09:52 AM
yes I did and the fact checkers numbers were far lower. Please don't mention me again.Sorry Howey. Mentioning you means your statements or OP has been refuted. I understand why no more mentions, if you wish to live in ignorance so be it.

Mac-7
08-19-2015, 10:02 AM
Depends on the population.

If you lost 1/3 of your brain cells sneezing, nobody would notice.

You have no serious thoughts on the subject of Operation Wetback?

thats too bad since immigration is shaping up as a key issue in this election.

Captain Obvious
08-19-2015, 10:11 AM
You have no serious thoughts on the subject of Operation Wetback?

thats too bad since immigration is shaping up as a key issue in this election.

I do know I'll be supporting the curbing of illegal immigration by not voting for Jeb.

You can't say that.

Mac-7
08-19-2015, 10:34 AM
I do know I'll be supporting the curbing of illegal immigration by not voting for Jeb.

You can't say that.

If you vote for anyone other than the republican nominee you are just a spectator in the political process.

but that's your ultimate goal.

Always complain and be able to say you told us so.

Captain Obvious
08-19-2015, 10:38 AM
If you vote for anyone other than the republican nominee you are just a spectator in the political process.

but that's your ultimate goal.

Always complain and be able to say you told us so.

My candidate will not support illegal immigration.

And will be a conservative, neither of which you can say about your candidate if Jeb gets the nom.

Mac-7
08-19-2015, 10:43 AM
My candidate will not support illegal immigration.

And will be a conservative, neither of which you can say about your candidate if Jeb gets the nom.

Its true that Jeb is not very conservative.

But he is better than any democrat - though admittedly not by much.

and your third party doper can't win.

exotix
08-19-2015, 11:14 AM
http://i58.tinypic.com/68blat.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB3ryiR66RE

TrueBlue
08-19-2015, 11:22 AM

You should well know that the term "Wet Back" is an egregious Ethnic Slur but consider the source, Republican Eisenhower.

And it can't be a "racial" issue since Mexicans are members of the WHITE race. There is not and has never been a Hispanic/Latino "race". Hispanic/Mexican/Latino makes reference to an Ethnicity.

TrueBlue
08-19-2015, 11:49 AM
That's right, Republicans. Keep on alienating Hispanics and Latinos from Mexico! You don't need the vote (nor will you get it) of their American counterparts in 2016 do you?

That's the overall Republican aim and they make no bones about it! Hispanics and Latinos make sure to Note Well how these Republicans see you and how they think of you. Is it any wonder why you continue to Vote Democratic! Of course Democrats are your friends who consider you a valuable and respectable group of hard-working folks who are trying to better yourselves. While Republicans want to fence you out of this country and make life harder for you and your relatives who are South of the border.

That's what it boils down to and why so many of us can well understand that It Would Be A Cold Day In Hell That You Ever Vote Republican Again! KUDOS to you on that! Never vote for them again, see how they treat you and how little they think about you and your actual worth! They want to keep you as second-class citizens forever and not allow you to grow out of that stigma. Hispanic-Americans remember that when you enter the polls in 2016 and beyond!!

Captain Obvious
08-19-2015, 12:01 PM
You should well know that the term "Wet Back" is an egregious Ethnic Slur but consider the source, Republican Eisenhower.

And it can't be a "racial" issue since Mexicans are members of the WHITE race. There is not and has never been a Hispanic/Latino "race". Hispanic/Mexican/Latino makes reference to an Ethnicity.

http://img.memecdn.com/mexico_o_344470.jpg

Mac-7
08-19-2015, 12:27 PM
There is not and has never been a Hispanic/Latino "race". Hispanic/Mexican/Latino makes reference to an Ethnicity.

Have you ever heard of a group called La Raza?

They think Mexicans are a race.

Mac-7
08-19-2015, 12:30 PM
That's right, Republicans. Keep on alienating Hispanics and Latinos from Mexico! You don't need the vote (nor will you get it) of their American counterparts in 2016 do you?

I didn't realize that liberal democrats like you WANTED Hispanics to vote for republicans.

That's news.

TrueBlue
08-19-2015, 12:47 PM
Have you ever heard of a group called La Raza?

They think Mexicans are a race.
If some do, they're dead wrong about that. They use "La Raza" as a means to band together as Mexicans, Hispanics, and Latinos as an ethnicity but not as an indicative factor that they are separated from the White race, which they're not. I've asked many about that and that is the answer they gave to me.

TrueBlue
08-19-2015, 12:52 PM
http://img.memecdn.com/mexico_o_344470.jpg
Keep it up. This and other things are being Well Noted by Hispanics and Latinos nationwide to take to the voting booth in 2016 as a good reminder to Vote Democratic! :)

hanger4
08-19-2015, 12:58 PM
Keep it up. This and other things are being Well Noted by Hispanics and Latinos nationwide to take to the voting booth in 2016 as a good reminder to Vote Democratic! :)So you're saying to ignore immigration law to garner more votes ??Does immigration law mean nothing to Dems/left ??

Mac-7
08-19-2015, 01:00 PM
If some do, they're dead wrong about that. They use "La Raza" as a means to band together as Mexicans, Hispanics, and Latinos as an ethnicity but not as an indicative factor that they are separated from the White race, which they're not. I've asked many about that and that is the answer they gave to me.

That's too inside baseball to interest me.

conservatives just want to enforce the law and don't care whose toes we step on.

Its the la raza wackos who make it a racial or an ethnic issue.

Mac-7
08-19-2015, 01:02 PM
So you're saying to ignore immigration law to garner more votes ??

Does immigration law meen nothing to Dems/left ??

Liberal Democrats like TrueBlue want Hispanics to vote for republicans instead of their democrats.

Huh?

Did I hear that right?

TrueBlue
08-19-2015, 02:13 PM
Liberal Democrats like TrueBlue want Hispanics to vote for republicans instead of their democrats.

Huh?

Did I hear that right?
Boy, talk about you being in left field on this. You really take the cake. You obviously did not at all understand what I said but that figures.

hanger4
08-19-2015, 02:46 PM
Boy, talk about you being in left field on this. You really take the cake. You obviously did not at all understand what I said but that figures.

I understand exactly what you meant. You believe Repubs should ignore immigration law just like Dems to garner more votes.

Mac-7
08-19-2015, 02:49 PM
I understand exactly what you meant. You believe Repubs should ignore immigration law just like Dems to garner more votes.

And I said how unusual it was for a flaming hair liberal to worry that republicans might lose votes if they don't pander to illegal aliens.

Peter1469
08-19-2015, 02:51 PM
One item missing in these discussions is who is going to investigate and enforce the law on illegals? Lots come and never leave and they are not all Mexicans as Trump would have you believe. It would take a great buildup of state and federal agencies and personnel. Doesn't this contradict the republican mantra to reduce government and deficits? Seems like just a lot of talk to sooth and comfort the base.

The federal government has very few powers. See US Const., Art 1, sec. 8 for reference. If they stuck to that your taxes (federal) would be much lower.

Peter1469
08-19-2015, 02:55 PM

More and more are from the South American gangs are are very dangerous unlike most of the Mexicans.

Peter1469
08-19-2015, 02:56 PM
`
The gist of the article is politically oriented, not factually, when it comes to border security. It compares Obama to Eisenhower by contrasting donations. It does not take into account the change in dynamics, technological, economic and cultural changes between the 1950's and 2015, which renders the entire article as just an opinion piece, void of any meaningful data.

One thing is for sure. We couldn't use the code name Wet Back for a similar operation today. :smiley:

Peter1469
08-19-2015, 02:58 PM

That was the actual name of the operation....

zelmo1234
08-19-2015, 02:59 PM

No it doesn't! It takes ending the reason for coming.

If you punish employers that knowingly hire illegals with fines so oppressive that many if not most can't stay in business, Word will spread and they will stop the practice.

Then it is just enforcing local and state governments so the illegals are not permitted to be on social assistance programs, Hospital and medical providers would be required to report and detain illegals. sanctuary cities and those not willing to comply would be hit with the same oppressive fines making it impossible to run a city or keep in the doors of open.

Then just as Howey's politifact check says many will leave before they are deported, and providing a no questions asked transportation plan would go a long way to solving that issue.

Then adding severe punishments for those that are caught, such as long terms in hard labor camps, Say building the wall, would further encourage those that are staying beyond their term to correct that situation.

Cthulhu
08-20-2015, 01:11 AM

La Raza would disagree with you.

Cthulhu
08-20-2015, 01:13 AM
Negative Will Robinson.

It means literally "the race". I fact checked this like 2 minutes ago from my Mexican amigos down stairs where I work.